Forums

Topic: GoldenEye Discussion Thread (OMG OMG OMG)

Posts 701 to 720 of 1,080

Kid_A

hulklol123456789 wrote:

Sorry guys, I don't understand , can you use 1 wii remote and 1 gamecube controler to play 2 people in the split screen

Yes.

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

CanisWolfred

hulklol123456789 wrote:

Sorry guys, I don't understand , can you use 1 wii remote and 1 gamecube controler to play 2 people in the split screen

Yes. And "yes" is what we've been saying all along, except we couldn't just say "yes" because you added more at the end that would've made a simple answer confusing, yet we, or at least I, didn't want to type out more than I had to.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Spoony_Tech

hulklol123456789 wrote:

Sorry guys, I don't understand , can you use 1 wii remote and 1 gamecube controler to play 2 people in the split screen, or you can't, and you need a different remote for each player, no matter wich control he uses?

Yes you can use any set up you want!!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

hulklol123456789

Wow, thank you guys, that really great, so I don't need 4 remotes to play 4 persons, thats great, I have 2 remotes, and 2 gamecube controlers, haha its time to make my firends to join the party. (I was asking because ing guitar hero, you need a extra wii remote for the microphone, so I was confused

Man's worst enemy is laziness.

Deviant_Mugen

Going through levels stealthily is a lot of fun, especially levels that have sniper rifles in them. I cleared the majority of statue park and the jungle without being seen (you can't be stealthy in certain parts) and I had a blast. I still haven't really tried out the split-screen (beyond just checking out all the maps), but there's at least three maps that I like, and I know my brother, my best friend and I will have a blast playing on them. I wish I had a better TV, though...

"Don't make enemies, they'll stab your heart; don't make friends, they'll stab your back. Including me, including you, all men are trash. Don't love; don't be loved. Have nothing to do with other; live in isolation."

romulux

anyone else having the problems with the dead zones i mentioned before? i've got mine set to the minimum (10x10), but when i go to aim down the sights it temporarily defaults back to the wider, standard dead zone, so when i go in to aim and try to make a slight correction nothing happens- i have to move the cursor an inch or so over before it seems to remember my tighter dead zone settings, which then of course, upon kicking in, send the cursor flying across the screen.

it's happening to me almost every time i aim down the sights, which is starting to kill the fun for me. it seems to happen more frequently after sprinting, so maybe all the different controls are too jumbled for the system to sort out fast enough, i don't know. it's frustrating because the controls would be perfect without this; i doubt many people use a dead zone that's so minimal, so maybe it never came up during testing. either way, i will not go dual analog. >

goldeneye- 5447 4748 5174

Deviant_Mugen

@romulux: You do know that you have to adjust the dead zone for aiming down the sights separately, right? It's under ADS settings. I do have some issues with the aim sometimes spazzing out on me, though, but that's mostly because I can never seem to find a comfortable position to sit in (I need a nice, comfy chair)...

"Don't make enemies, they'll stab your heart; don't make friends, they'll stab your back. Including me, including you, all men are trash. Don't love; don't be loved. Have nothing to do with other; live in isolation."

romulux

i did, it's at minimum too. what should happen is that as soon as i aim down the sights the slightest movement will turn the camera. instead it's like i said, i have to move about an inch over and then the dead zone suddenly clicks on. after that it works just like it should; the slightest movement from center will turn the camera. sometimes the same thing will happen without aiming down the sights, the dead zone will just freak out and not turn occasionally. i may have to set my dead zones wider so i don't get that jarring effect but man is it sweet the way it is.

goldeneye- 5447 4748 5174

Deviant_Mugen

My dead zones are small, yet not by too much (I think around 30 for both), and I don't have the turn speed so sensitive, but I think my set up works rather well. Sometimes I will have the gun freak out and jerk to the top of the screen or something, which is annoying (especially while getting mobbed) but it's mostly due to how loosely I sometimes hold the Wiimote.

Edited on by theblackdragon

Oregano

Woo my copy came today(a day before release!) and I've just finished the Nightclub level! It's awesome so far and wow... what a shocking twist!

Please sign the petition to get Nintendo to integrate Social Features directly in the Switch OS/Hardware:
https://www.change.org/p/nintendo-integrated-network-features-on-nintendo-switch-voice-chat-lobby

irken004

I've messed around with the wiimote/nunchuk settings to try and make it as close to CoD MWR as possible. While I did succeed for the most part, I realized that the cursor sensitivity won't affect how the camera moves ever so slightly when aiming around the center of the screen. It's minor, and I got used to it quickly. I'm also not used to having the camera tilt upward automatically when moving up stairs.

Spoony_Tech

irken004 wrote:

I've messed around with the wiimote/nunchuk settings to try and make it as close to CoD MWR as possible. While I did succeed for the most part, I realized that the cursor sensitivity won't affect how the camera moves ever so slightly when aiming around the center of the screen. It's minor, and I got used to it quickly. I'm also not used to having the camera tilt upward automatically when moving up stairs.

Cool. What settings did you use for the dead zones?

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

irken004

Tech101 wrote:

irken004 wrote:

Cool. What settings did you use for the dead zones?

I left the vertical dead zone the same, and widened the horizontal dead zone (on both the regular dead zone and the ADS dead zone) by about 5 points. After that, I adjusted the sensitivities to where they felt comfortable.

Kid_A

irken004 wrote:

I'm also not used to having the camera tilt upward automatically when moving up stairs.

Yeah this is my biggest control gripe by far

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Oregano

Okay this game is amazing.... finished the bunker level in single player and I've been playing the multiplayer(lag free now!) and whilst it takes a lot from COD the subtle differences really give the game it's own feel, like the weapon changing isn't as fast and the melee attack doesn't lunge!

Please sign the petition to get Nintendo to integrate Social Features directly in the Switch OS/Hardware:
https://www.change.org/p/nintendo-integrated-network-features-on-nintendo-switch-voice-chat-lobby

Tasuki

Ok this is going to be stupid but I just loaded the game into my WIi and I get a screen that says Save Data is required to connect to Nintendo Wi-Fi BLAH BLAH BLAH.

I do have my Wii connected to the internet and it wont let me go pass this screen. I tried pressing all the buttons to get pass it but it wont. So what am I doing wrong?

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Machu

I would guess, that you need a save file (created in single player) before you can go online. I dunno.

omg is it tomorrow yet? D:

Rawr!

Spoony_Tech

[quote=machu]I would guess, that you need a save file (created in single player) before you can go online. I dunno.

omg is it tomorrow yet? D:

</blockquote>

Yeah its the first thing the game will prompt you to do.

MERG said:

Spoony_Tech

Tasuki wrote:

Ok this is going to be stupid but I just loaded the game into my WIi and I get a screen that says Save Data is required to connect to Nintendo Wi-Fi BLAH BLAH BLAH.

I do have my Wii connected to the internet and it wont let me go pass this screen. I tried pressing all the buttons to get pass it but it wont. So what am I doing wrong?

Same thing happened to me. Unplug your gamecube controller.

MERG said:

Tasuki

Tech101 wrote:

Tasuki wrote:

Same thing happened to me. Unplug your gamecube controller.

Even if I have the Wavebird controllers off?? Weird now I feel stupid lol. I will try that out later when I get a moment.

Thanks for the help.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.