Forums

Topic: GoldenEye Discussion Thread (OMG OMG OMG)

Posts 741 to 760 of 1,080

Kid_A

Faron wrote:

So which is more effective in online mode, playing with Wiimote or CC pro?

Just depends on what you prefer. Wii Remote is more accurate, but both schemes take getting used to.

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Will_Ireland

Ahhhhhh!!!! I'm holding out for the NL review, where is it!!! I was promised today!!! Ahhhhh!!!!!

Will_Ireland

Kid_A

Will_Ireland wrote:

Ahhhhhh!!!! I'm holding out for the NL review, where is it!!! I was promised today!!! Ahhhhh!!!!!

Nintendo Life: where promises come to die

romulux

irken004 wrote:

I'm also not used to having the camera tilt upward automatically when moving up stairs.

i hated this too, but i think you can turn it off by going into 'camera styles' and turning off 'look'. i just found that setting today, but haven't really tested it out yet. memorial was unplayable in multiplayer before with all those hills because of that, so i'll have to try that next time i play...

WaveBoy wrote:

So how does this stack up the original Golden Eye 007 single player and Multiplayer wise?

as far as which game is better today, the new one is far superior. the original was more innovative and groundbreaking for it's time though. the only regard this new one doesn't feel outright better in is splitscreen, which isn't quite as fun as i had been hoping. the loudouts really do cut a lot out of the game, so without the random weapon spawning to keep things unpredictable it kind of feels like you've seen all it has to offer after just a couple rounds. (it's still fun)

apparently hackers have already started ruining the online matches. so far invincible players are confirmed, so it's probably only a matter of time before we get machine gun rocket launchers. i haven't seen anything yet, but i do know that i had to melee a guy a couple times to kill him today. (maybe that was just lag.)
http://gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=141406

Edited on by romulux

goldeneye- 5447 4748 5174

hulklol123456789

@Jon_Wahlgren, hey dude I want you to be VERY honest in these question.

If you were able to give . number, will you give these game a 8.5?

Edited on by hulklol123456789

Man's worst enemy is laziness.

Gameday

Yea no side stepping to confuse enemies while you fire... I miss running circles around people and it felt as if you were running a bit faster if you ran side ways to cut corners and what not. Even in perfect dark for the xbla took out the side steps. I was great at shooting enemies without aiming with the target above or below me. But to see that they didnt manage to put that back into the game is kinda sad.

Stay Gaming My Friends ~
(Youtube) https://goo.gl/RZezjr
Nintendo Switch: 2899-5745-8667
Xbox - Gameday J
PSN - Gameday_J
3DS: Gameday
Steam: Gameday_J

3DS Friend Code: 0705-5371-1465 | Nintendo Network ID: Gameday_J | Twitter:

Kid_A

Gameday wrote:

Yea no side stepping to confuse enemies while you fire... I miss running circles around people and it felt as if you were running a bit faster if you ran side ways to cut corners and what not. Even in perfect dark for the xbla took out the side steps. I was great at shooting enemies without aiming with the target above or below me. But to see that they didnt manage to put that back into the game is kinda sad.

It would be pretty much impossible for them to do this with modern controllers--I mean think about how incredibly different the N64 controller is from what we have now. But really, you can still strafe around anyways. It's just handled differently.

Gameday

yea your right , its all about that n64 remote design classic feel

Stay Gaming My Friends ~
Xbox - Gameday J
PSN - Gameday_J

Gameday

Question to all , has anyones system froze since they've been playing this game.? Its funny my system has froze 5 times since ive got this game. It froze the first time when it seemed like everyone threw a grenades at the same til it made this weird sound then what do you know froze lol , next time few times it froze during match searches strange but my wii has never froze til i started playing this game.

Stay Gaming My Friends ~
Xbox - Gameday J
PSN - Gameday_J

romulux

mine hasn't frozen, but that dead zone glitch is driving me nuts. why is it that no one can seem to make a great FPS that shows off what the wiimote can do without it being riddled with glitches? (metroid 3 doesn't count. FPA.)

goldeneye- 5447 4748 5174

Gameday

right it sucks...

Stay Gaming My Friends ~
Xbox - Gameday J
PSN - Gameday_J

Spoony_Tech

I still wonder if the Wii motion plus would rectify most of the control problems. It would be nice to at least have that option!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

irken004

No freezing or glitching here. Everything seems to run pretty smoothly for me.

Kid_A

Yep, no problems for me either. I have yet to encounter any dead zone glitches or freezing.

Faildude

I bought the classic controller bundle.
The golden classic controller turned out not to be as glossy as the other classic controllers. The surface on the back is also more raspy than the normal ones'.
I'm kind of disappointed about the frame-rate drops and some technical decisions, but it's been quite action packed as of now.

Signature removed by the moderation team - In case of any further violations you will face serious consequences.

grenworthshero

I agree with the dead zone thing, wholeheartedly You get used to it, but it's pretty annoying. Metroid Prime 3 did everything right a long time ago, why is it that no one can do that today?

PSN ID: grenworthshero
Steam: grenworthshero
WiiU: grenworthshero
YouTube--backloggery--tumblr--

Nintendo Network ID: grenworthshero

Timwario

Gameday wrote:

Question to all , has anyones system froze since they've been playing this game.? Its funny my system has froze 5 times since ive got this game. It froze the first time when it seemed like everyone threw a grenades at the same til it made this weird sound then what do you know froze lol , next time few times it froze during match searches strange but my wii has never froze til i started playing this game.

Mine did too, but it happened on single player. I was on the very first part of the dam level, and when I was in the tower getting the sniper rifle, it froze and made this loud noise that didn't stop until I unplugged the system.

Edited on by Timwario

Timwario

Faildude

Twario wrote:

Gameday wrote:

Mine did too, but it happened on single player. I was on the very first part of the dam level, and when I was in the tower getting the sniper rifle, it froze and made this loud noise that didn't stop until I unplugged the system.

I got significant frame-drops in the tower.
One more gripe; The hit detection in the very first tutorial was awful.
You could shoot like 10 centimeters off target and the target would still split.
I don't know yet if this also works like this in the normal game-play, but I'd be very disappointed if it did.

Signature removed by the moderation team - In case of any further violations you will face serious consequences.

Tasuki

Twario wrote:

Gameday wrote:

I had that a few weeks ago happen to me when I was playing NBA Jam. The game froze right in the middle of me playing the Remix mode and it made this god awful noise kinda reminded me of the noise the old NES games would make when they froze. Anyway I tried the power button and all but nothing worked till I unplugged the Wii. Havent had a problem with that game or anyother since. However I was playing NBA Jam for about 8 hours before that happened so maybe that had something to do with it.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.