Forums

Topic: GoldenEye Discussion Thread (OMG OMG OMG)

Posts 641 to 660 of 1,080

Tasuki

@Vonseux: Truthfully I dont play any shooters on the 360 mainly cause I dont like the settings of those games. The only really shooter game that I have played on the Wii if it can even be classified as that is RE4. Guess I will just check out both control types and see which one I like the best.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Cia

So, game informer gave this game a 6.5 and their verdict was: "One of the better single-player FPS experiencse on the Wii, but that doesn’t say much". Pretty annoying attitude.

Cia

Gameday

has anyone else been getting in games with really bad connections from other players.?

Stay Gaming My Friends ~
(Youtube) https://goo.gl/RZezjr
Nintendo Switch: 2899-5745-8667
Xbox - Gameday J
PSN - Gameday_J
3DS: Gameday
Steam: Gameday_J

3DS Friend Code: 0705-5371-1465 | Nintendo Network ID: Gameday_J | Twitter:

hatty475

Did anyone else catch the Wilhelm scream at the end of the Facility mission? I had a feeling it would be in the game somewhere.

Beethoven was right when he said it don't come easy.
Currently Learning: Electric Guitar
Bad Wolf

Xkhaoz

It's getting quite a lot of good reviews. Can't wait to get this for Christmas.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/xkhaoz

TheBaconator

Just put the game down and I'm impressed. The online is a little finicky at times, and when the host quits the game ends, but those are my only complaints. The CCPro is nice, too, because it isn't glossy.

The Artist Formerly Known as ballkirby1
Nintendo Life Fantasy Football Team: The Propaniacs

Spoony_Tech

ballkirby1 wrote:

Just put the game down and I'm impressed. The online is a little finicky at times, and when the host quits the game ends, but those are my only complaints. The CCPro is nice, too, because it isn't glossy.

Sounds just like Modern warfare Reflex. Go post your friend code in the online topic!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Caliko

Faron wrote:

So, game informer gave this game a 6.5 and their verdict was: "One of the better single-player FPS experiencse on the Wii, but that doesn’t say much". Pretty annoying attitude.

Don't read that propaganda. Game Informer is the "Weekly World News" of video game magazines. Except not as credible.

Untitled

Caliko

Kid_A

The thing with Game Informer is that their editorials are really, really well written and interesting. But their reviews are awful--and I'm not just saying this as a Nintendo fan. I'm saying this as a writer. Their reviews are not only almost always completely subjective, but they rarely talk about all the things that a proper review should. Like the review of Goldeneye, for example. Didn't mention the multiplayer, didn't mention the online, really--and both are major factors of the game. I guess it just pisses me off that they're getting paid to write four paragraphs of biased drivel while we at Nintendo Life try incredibly hard to give thorough, objective reviews and most (all? Not really sure) of us work for free. We do it just because we love games, and we love the site, and the community. Game Informer just seems so bitter and cold, like they've lost tough with why they started playing games in the first place.

And there's my rant of the day. On topic: this is game is fantastic. Can't wait to try out online tomorrow

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Ernest_The_Crab

Kid_A wrote:

The thing with Game Informer is that their editorials are really, really well written and interesting. But their reviews are awful--and I'm not just saying this as a Nintendo fan. I'm saying this as a writer. Their reviews are not only almost always completely subjective, but they rarely talk about all the things that a proper review should. Like the review of Goldeneye, for example. Didn't mention the multiplayer, didn't mention the online, really--and both are major factors of the game. I guess it just pisses me off that they're getting paid to write four paragraphs of biased drivel while we at Nintendo Life try incredibly hard to give thorough, objective reviews and most (all? Not really sure) of us work for free. We do it just because we love games, and we love the site, and the community. Game Informer just seems so bitter and cold, like they've lost tough with why they started playing games in the first place.

And there's my rant of the day. On topic: this is game is fantastic. Can't wait to try out online tomorrow

Speaking of GoldenEye reviews...will you guys have one up soon? I'm curious about your review of the game.

My Backlog | http://www.backloggery.com/thesolarknight

Friend Safari: Espurr, Munna, Duosion

3DS Friend Code: 3909-7515-3526 | Nintendo Network ID: ThePillowGolem

Spoony_Tech

Anyone online right now. Been on for about an hour! I Need to adjust the Wii remote it just seems to floaty!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Deviant_Mugen

I played for 6 hours (I got up to the level where you have to board the train) before I decided to give my Wii a rest. Wow, this game is fantastic, aside from some Wiimote control issues (though that's entirely my fault, since I'm still finding a setting that really suits me) I have not run into any problems. The graphics are excellent, as is the music and gameplay; the only thing I've yet to try out is the split-screen, but my brother and I will do that soon enough...

"Don't make enemies, they'll stab your heart; don't make friends, they'll stab your back. Including me, including you, all men are trash. Don't love; don't be loved. Have nothing to do with other; live in isolation."

Bankai

Faron wrote:

But true.

My co-worker got this sent over for review today. She seemed pretty excited, but I'm still holding reservations about it.

For one thing, it is on the Wii, and I do have a PS3, so I'm not sure exactly what it can offer me that the PS3 can't.

But we'll see.

Edited on by Bankai

romulux

man, the game is amazing. i wanted to get on to read what everyone else was saying earlier but i just couldn't stop playing. it's everything i was hoping it would be, the storytelling is even better than dead space extraction and the remote controls are the best i've ever used. the graphics are also pretty jaw dropping, and even though there's a lot of clear evidence that it's running on the wii and not an HD system i think the blockier visuals have a lot of charm. i don't mind them one bit.

my nephew is a die hard call of duty fan and he stuck with the CCpro, which he hated at first but wound up warming up to after adjusting to it. i felt like the CC scheme was as perfect as it could be, every button is right where you feel like it should be, but the pointer is where it's at. i have noticed that the dead zones seem to be really finnicky, though. sometimes you'll snap to aim down the sights and your dead zone won't register for a second, which has gotten me killed a few times.

otherwise, it's great. there's a weight to the movements that feels perfect and vertical movement isn't overly jittery like the conduit. you can even hold down A to freeze the camera, similar to the lock on from corruption or conduit without any "locking" onto an enemy, although with how comfortable the down sight aiming is i never use it. speaking of the conduit, i'll never play it again. this game kicks the crap out of it in literally every possible way. the story, graphics, levels, music, guns, single player and online gameplay, everything is miles ahead of it.

i'm only on the second mission set, but it took me about 2 hours to get there; the facility alone took 48 minutes! if the game keeps this pace up and has as many levels as the original it should be huge. i haven't heard any of the original tunes yet, but there was a brief melody from the original bunker level during the training session at the start of the game. the new orchestrated score is so great that i don't even miss the old soundtrack.

buy it!

EDIT: by the way, those rumors of not being able to fully customize your controls in splitscreen were untrue. you can pause at any time and adjust every single option that's available in single player, but... (i haven't tried playing with multiple remotes yet) i think everyone using the same controller type has to share the same custom setting you've created for that controller. you can only make one for each controller, which may be a bummer if you and your friends have wildly different preferences.

Edited on by romulux

goldeneye- 5447 4748 5174

Deviant_Mugen

@romulux: Well said, sir...

"Don't make enemies, they'll stab your heart; don't make friends, they'll stab your back. Including me, including you, all men are trash. Don't love; don't be loved. Have nothing to do with other; live in isolation."

FunderThucker

This seems cool! Damn though, I'm a bit tight on cash, but I'll be sure to pick this game up soon. Loving everything I'm hearing so far, but how is the online multiplayer? I know it's mainly for local play, but I haven't found a review that really talks about it in depth.

I am the hero that Gotham deserves.

grenworthshero

I totally forgot this game came out yesterday! I'ma have to go buy this after work today.

...and my backloggery grows ever larger...

PSN ID: grenworthshero
Steam: grenworthshero
WiiU: grenworthshero
YouTube--backloggery--tumblr--

Nintendo Network ID: grenworthshero

romulux

Thegame wrote:

how is the online multiplayer?

fantastic, and i don't even like online shooting much. i think 8 players helps the matches move more smoothly than the 12 player matches in the conduit, so it's a little more stable and it doesn't take nearly as long to connect. the maps are surprisingly fun; they looked kind of iffy from the videos but they're much better in person, some are better than others but none of them are bad. i spent pretty much the whole day playing, and i rarely do that, if that gives you any indication.

goldeneye- 5447 4748 5174

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.