Forums

Topic: 360 may also pass Wii's lifetime sales in the United States

Posts 21 to 37 of 37

ShadJV

AlexSays wrote:

Where does it say Microsoft counts replaced 360s as additional sales?

Unless I'm missing something, consoles replaced by warranty are not duplicated sales. They also fixed the issue relatively early in the system's life, so all the sales from the past several years have been rrod-free.

The damage control is strong in this thread.

I went through three 360s, and never used the warranty, they RRODed within a week so I brought them back to the store, I didn't pay for new ones but I doubt Microsoft new not to count the extras the store gave me. And as mentioned before, a lot of people got the RROD after the warranty was up. Also, I don't know what you mean by Microsoft "fixing" the problem early on, I got mine 3 or 4 years into the console's lifetime and two of them RRODed. Didn't seem fixed to me.

Feel free to add me on the Nintendo Network: ShadJV
Here's my 3DS FC, always looking for Pokemon X Friend Safaris: 2191-7643-5167
Peace!

Klimbatize

My console's dad could beat up your console's dad.

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs. It's jolted by every pebble on the road.

3DS FC: 1332 7785 4494

AlexSays

ShadJV wrote:

AlexSays wrote:

Where does it say Microsoft counts replaced 360s as additional sales?

Unless I'm missing something, consoles replaced by warranty are not duplicated sales. They also fixed the issue relatively early in the system's life, so all the sales from the past several years have been rrod-free.

The damage control is strong in this thread.

I went through three 360s, and never used the warranty, they RRODed within a week so I brought them back to the store, I didn't pay for new ones but I doubt Microsoft new not to count the extras the store gave me. And as mentioned before, a lot of people got the RROD after the warranty was up. Also, I don't know what you mean by Microsoft "fixing" the problem early on, I got mine 3 or 4 years into the console's lifetime and two of them RRODed. Didn't seem fixed to me.

Your mistake comes in the way of not knowing how they count sales. Sales are counted by how many consoles are distributed to retailers. Consoles that are sent back have their chip replaced, and are sent in the next shipment to distributors (or sent to consumers in the way of warranty replacements). Therefore the number of consoles being distributed doesn't change, its still the same number. They've just taken spots from 'new consoles' being manufactured

As for your rrod issues, you either purchased a pre-Jasper model or had horrible luck. The Jasper chips in 2008 drastically reduced rrod, and there are plenty of studies (one already linked) that show you are in the minority.

Edited on by AlexSays

AlexSays

AlexSays

CanisWolfred wrote:

The Jasper Units only reduced the problem, not fixed it. It wasn't truly fixed until the Slim came out...

If by 'reduced' you mean made almost nonexistent and no more apparent than any other hardware issue experienced by all consoles.

Unless there's a study out there that shows a high failure rate with the Jasper chip that I'm not aware of.

AlexSays

Midnight3DS

Who knows how many people went with a diffferent brand after a red ring or 2? I'd be done after 2 for sure. The definition of insanity and all that.

3DS Friend Code: 5129-0855-7142 ID = Midnight

AC:NL Mayor Jambo, town of Hamneggs

Mahe

It has been on the market for 8 years now, and the US is its home market. The Wii was on the market effectively for 6 years, now replaced by Wii U (successor system) and Wii Mini (sucky system). And even now, it "may" pass the lifetime sales of a retired console. Good job.

Mahe

Slayer

the One will pass the Wii U. Even the 360 and PS3 controllers have better hardware than the whole Wii U console. And I'm not talking 360 and PS3 controllers combined. I'm talking ALONE they have better hardware than the whole console.

I have nothing really to say about myself.

Slayer

And lots of people are Microsoft gamers, Assassin's Creed 3 has gone Wii U. Well Microsoft and Sony win. We get Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag. Kaboom.

I have nothing really to say about myself.

DeadAntelopesGo

Yeah those numbers aren't too accurate. I bought 1 wii and have had it forever. I've bought and sold(or they broke) 3 xboxs. Most people I know have bought more than 1.

Currently Playing: Splatoon, Need for Speed Rivals

Nintendo Network ID: Deadantelopesgo

19Robb92

Wouldn't surprise me. MS seems very US focused.

Looking forward to: No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

Midnight3DS

360 sells alot because it's junk. Makes sense.

3DS Friend Code: 5129-0855-7142 ID = Midnight

AC:NL Mayor Jambo, town of Hamneggs

kingston589

slayer wrote:

And lots of people are Microsoft gamers, Assassin's Creed 3 has gone Wii U. Well Microsoft and Sony win. We get Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag. Kaboom.

Wii U gets black flag to, freaking fanboys they are everywhere.

Currently Playing: Smash Bros, Ducktales Remastered and Bayou Billy
Youtube: PlatTheFormer
Steam: PlatTheFormer

Nintendo Network ID: kingston589

Relias

slayer wrote:

http://www.amazon.com/Assassins-Creed-Black-nintendo-wii-u/dp...

We'll take your Kaboom and raise you an Arrrrrrr...

And seriously... what are you smoking?? Point me to your dealer cause I need some of that.. LOL

I am a wild and free Ninetails not a trainer.. get over it...

3DS Friend Code: 4570-6835-5697

DarkEdi

And no forget almost all people who buys a Xbox360 is for play piracy games.

Me gusta jugar videojuegos. Soy de México. Sorry my english grammar. I love the Virtual Console, party and fighting games too.

Nintendo Network ID: edi_tena

kkslider5552000

DarkEdi wrote:

And no forget almost all people who buys a Xbox360 is for everything except video games.

DarkEdi wrote:

And no forget almost all people who buys a PSP is for pirating games.

I saved your joke. Twice. BE GRATEFUL.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.