Forums

Topic: Your top 5 E3 Nintendo Wishes

Posts 161 to 180 of 776

Bolt_Strike

NinjaWaddleDee wrote:

Bolt_Strike wrote:

So I was looking at the Youtube comments for on a GameXplain video discussing the announcement that there would be no new Mario game in 2015, and one person suggested giving Rosalina a spinoff series. This would actually be an interesting loophole to the Wii U's lack of a collectathon Mario game, put her in a spinoff that serves as a spiritual sequel to Galaxy. Then we can get a collectathon platformer on the Wii U in 2015/2016 without having the Wii U oversaturated with Mario games.

OMG yes please! Although I would rather Rosalina have her own RPG made by the people that made Paper Mario.

An RPG wouldn't be as fitting a gameplay style for Rosalina. For one, her gameplay style would probably be more action oriented. Second, RPGs typically have multiple characters and I don't foresee a lot of other playable characters if any (maybe Lubba).

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

kkslider5552000

Bolt_Strike wrote:

NinjaWaddleDee wrote:

Bolt_Strike wrote:

So I was looking at the Youtube comments for on a GameXplain video discussing the announcement that there would be no new Mario game in 2015, and one person suggested giving Rosalina a spinoff series. This would actually be an interesting loophole to the Wii U's lack of a collectathon Mario game, put her in a spinoff that serves as a spiritual sequel to Galaxy. Then we can get a collectathon platformer on the Wii U in 2015/2016 without having the Wii U oversaturated with Mario games.

OMG yes please! Although I would rather Rosalina have her own RPG made by the people that made Paper Mario.

An RPG wouldn't be as fitting a gameplay style for Rosalina. For one, her gameplay style would probably be more action oriented. Second, RPGs typically have multiple characters and I don't foresee a lot of other playable characters if any (maybe Lubba).

You say that, but you don't realize that Child of Light was about Rosalina all along!

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

cookiex

Super Rosalina 3D Galaxy World Sunshine?

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

cookiex

SuperWiiU wrote:

cookiex wrote:

Super Rosalina 3D Galaxy World Sunshine?

What? No 64?!

New Super Paper Pinball Rosalina 3D Kart Galaxy Strikers World Party Tennis Treasure Tracker Sunshine Mansion Charged 64 DS HD: The Lost Levels.

Only on Virtual Boy.

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

shingi_70

I'm hoping we get a 3D Platformer this year. With rumors of Banjo coming back and Media Molecue next game I'd love for Nintendo to announce a new non Mario 3D platformer for late 2015.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Inkling

shingi_70 wrote:

I'm hoping we get a 3D Platformer this year. With rumors of Banjo coming back and Media Molecue next game I'd love for Nintendo to announce a new non Mario 3D platformer for late 2015.

A Duck Hunt 3D platformer in the style of Banjo.

TAKE MY MONEY

I will update this when Half Life 3 arrives. [Started 17/11/2015]

3DS Friend Code: 4768-7429-4970

DefHalan

Saw people were talking about wanting a 3D Platformer... figured I would bring back my Ice Climber game idea

DefHalan wrote:

jariw wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

3D Platformer where you control both Ice Climbers at the same time (or 2 player Co-Op) with destruction being a key mechanic.

Sounds like some of the Captain Toad levels, but without the destruction.

I was more thinking like 3D World but with each Analog Stick controlling each Ice Climber Separately. Maybe throw in a mechanic where you can throw a rope to each other to save you, almost like what I have seen in Chariot.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

PokeMario

Not sure if this is more of a wish or more of a prediction but whatever.

A new Metroid game for Wii U coming first half of 2016. Retro Studios has been working on a new game since November 2013, and I even remember someone saying that the staff in the credits looked a little short. By E3 they should be ready to show a new game and Metroid seems likely. They learned the hardware with Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze so the new game should utilize the hardware pretty well. Plus, I think it could make good use of the Wii U GamePad.

Some sort of Pokemon game. I don't care if it's Pokken Tournament or some other game. This one seems less likely and even if it does happen there's a good chance it would be revealed by some Japanese show or magazine.

Some 3DS games. I honestly don't really know what exactly I would want on the 3DS. Overall it's pretty much satisfied me after getting the games I know are coming this year I'd honestly be satisfied with the system and would be fine with getting a new one (which I'll get to in a moment). Maybe a 2D Metroid game or a Zelda game. The 3DS has had only one, but with two remakes I'm not sure if it'll get one now, or if Nintendo will wait for the New Nintendo 3DS, or even their next full console (which could be just a portable or a home console and portable hybrid). This brings me to the New Nintendo 3DS. I'm sure we'll have more details by E3, so maybe they'll announce games exclusive to it. Right now I don't want to buy one so I can spend more money on games, but if there's enough games only for it that don't work on the regular 3DS I'll get one. At this point I just need to wait for more details.

A remake. Though I don't necessarily want any remakes and prefer new games, these can get done quickly and could fill in any gaps in the Wii U's release schedule. Plus they can have a trusted third party developer make it so they don't have to use too many of their own resources on it. I think the second half of 2015 should be pretty full with at least one Wii U exclusive from Nintendo every month, but there's probably room to squeeze in a remake. If not, it might be better off to release it in early 2016, depending on how many games for 2016 we see at E3 it could help fill in any short drought period in the January-March period. As for what game it is, I think Super Mario Sunshine would be good since it's probably my favorite Gamecube game. A Super Mario Galaxy 1 and 2 bundle might be good but they were more recent and seem less likely. Metroid Prime Trilogy was already a bundle of three games and seeing a remake of a re-release isn't really what I want, and besides, hopefully we get a new Metroid announced.

My last one is probably more of a wish and less of a prediction like the others were. I hope that no games are delayed until next year. Star Fox was said to be coming out before the new Zelda, so that makes me think they're on track to have it out this year. Everyone kept talking about how Smash Bros. would come out in 2015 yet it made it out in 2014, so hopefully Zelda can release on time. My other worry would probably be Xenoblade Chronicles X. That was originally aimed to be released in 2014, so I don't think they'd delay it again. Japan's getting it in spring, so while it will take some time to translate I think it should be able to make it out in late summer/early fall. September or hopefully August seems like a good time for it to come out.

PokeMario

Grumblevolcano

@PokeMario Pokémon Oil and Pokémon Natural Gas as Wii U exclusives

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Spoony_Tech

Grumblevolcano wrote:

Comment of the day, Loved it!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

retropunky

Spoony_Tech wrote:

Grumblevolcano wrote:

Comment of the day, Loved it!

I wonder what the thrird Pokemon Wii U exclusive would be called...

Anyway, my wishlist:
1. Mother/ Earthbound Trilogy release
2. Unified account system for 3DS/ Wii U
3. Metroid Prime Hunters 2 for Wii U
4. Mario Strikers U
5. All within a Robot Chicken format

retropunky

3DS Friend Code: 4313-0436-2109

NinjaWaddleDee

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Bolt_Strike wrote:

NinjaWaddleDee wrote:

Bolt_Strike wrote:

You say that, but you don't realize that Child of Light was about Rosalina all along!

Exactly what I was thinking of. And in terms of characters, why don't they do what they always do, and MAKE some up, like every mario rpg. I can totally see a little girl version of Rosalina, or even an adult Rosalina with upgradable powers and allies. Just get the paper mario writers to write it. Heck, maybe call it paper Rosalina or something. I think it would be really bad a. Or maybe even make the art style look like the story book scenes from mario galaxy.

Edited on by NinjaWaddleDee

Check out my YouTube channel if you love gaming, and Nintendo (especially Metroid) I think you'll enjoy my videos. :)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCagN36OxIjCGUVMaYFtPgSg

Nintendo Network ID: NinjaWaddleDee

Bolt_Strike

NinjaWaddleDee wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Bolt_Strike wrote:

NinjaWaddleDee wrote:

Bolt_Strike wrote:

Exactly what I was thinking of. And in terms of characters, why don't they do what they always do, and MAKE some up, like every mario rpg. I can totally see a little girl version of Rosalina, or even an adult Rosalina with upgradable powers and allies. Just get the paper mario writers to write it. Heck, maybe call it paper Rosalina or something. I think it would be really bad a. Or maybe even make the art style look like the story book scenes from mario galaxy.

Yeah, that could work, but it's not the most appropriate gameplay style for Rosalina. I don't think most people think of turn based combat or upgradeable abilities when they think of Rosalina, they'd think more of a grand galactic adventure like Galaxy. And even so, we already have several Mario RPG games. Why not just put Rosalina in those games? Nintendo doesn't have any collectathon platformers though, and Rosalina's background and style is a lot more suitable for that genre, so I can't imagine a better gameplay style for her.

Edited on by Bolt_Strike

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

Spoony_Tech

I know I'm going to get flamed for this but I don't care. Why do so many people want a game centered around Rosalina?? I just don't get it. To me she's one of the least interesting Characters Nintendo has.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Bolt_Strike

Spoony_Tech wrote:

I know I'm going to get flamed for this but I don't care. Why do so many people want a game centered around Rosalina?? I just don't get it. To me she's one of the least interesting Characters Nintendo has.

For me it's more about keeping collectathon platformers alive than giving Rosalina more attention. Rosalina just happens to fit the gameplay well.

As for "least interesting", not a lot of Mario characters really have depth, and I don't think any of them have as much as Rosalina does.

Edited on by Bolt_Strike

Bolt_Strike

iKhan

I'm kind of curious what Nintendo is going to do presentation-wise.

Last year was amazing, so I'm not sure how they could really improve upon it beyond the content itself. Thoughts?

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

LzWinky

iKhan wrote:

Last year was amazing, so I'm not sure how they could really improve upon it beyond the content itself. Thoughts?

More of it of course. Don't reinvent the wheel again. The wheel was near perfection!

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Blast

WaLzgi wrote:

iKhan wrote:

More of it of course. Don't reinvent the wheel again. The wheel was near perfection!

Exactly. I got a feeling the Digital Event this year is gonna be epic and cheesy at the same time.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

iKhan

WaLzgi wrote:

iKhan wrote:

More of what? The Treehouse event lasted almost the entire E3. Really the only thing they can add more of is announcements during the digital event.

Now that I think about it, there are a few things I'd like to see different:
1. Make it easy for people to access all the important announcements. The period after the Digital Event last year was a trainwreck. I couldn't simultaneously keep up with the Devil's Third interview on IGN and the new announcements on the Treehouse live. Nintendo should publish a schedule of announcements.
2. Have a live portion of the main Press Conference/Digital Event. Nintendo definitely proved how to do an all digital presentation right, but it is nice to hear the buildup and reaction of the live announcements.

Other than that though, I'm still not sure what they could add.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.