Forums

Topic: You buying wii u

Posts 121 to 140 of 205

Joetherocker

Eventually, but not day one. At this point the only must-have exclusives for me are Pikmin 3 and ZombiU. Until more is announced I'll have to hold off on making a decision.

Besides, I still need to get a 3DS.

Wild signature appeared!

3DS FC: 4270-1110-7770

0megapit231

If I have the money and enough for three games; pikmin 3, ZombiU, and Ninja Gaiden 3 Razors Edge

0megapit231

Tasuki

Yep I will be getting one once they announced a launch date I am preordering it.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

TheInstantGamer

Not sure after this E3 press confrence.....

I got a sexy deep v-neck and I'm not afraid to use it XD

Burning_Spear

Yes, but not so sure about launch day anymore. There had better be one hell of an ambassador program this time around.

Mechabot Ultror Fights Again

SonyFACE

Burning_Spear wrote:

Yes, but not so sure about launch day anymore. There had better be one hell of an ambassador program this time around.

Charter Member of SonyLife.
Nintendo and Sony for the win, Microsoft ehh.
Psalm 51.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5840-8779 | Nintendo Network ID: SonyFACE

nickcarney

Yes with Pikmin, Mario and Rayman for sure. Then probably ZombiU, Batman, Assassin's Creed and Scribblenauts Unlimited. The biggest question for me is the price, not for the console but for the games. They all look good but not $60 good. I'll probably get Trine 2 on the eShop too.

nickcarney

CanisWolfred

Treverend wrote:

What the hell? Stop whining guys... jeez... Nintendo isn't going to roll out all their major first party games in one E3 also stop talking all doom and gloom for Nintendo and talking about a ambassador program.. seriously. Also why in the WORLD would the E3 conference make you want to be it less than before? You know even more about it than you did before now, and Nintendo already said they have 7 first party games surely coming on launch day, just because they don't play all their cards on one day people scream the end for Nintendo.

No one's asking for everything. We're just asking for something. The best we got were Pikmin and Mario, the later of which looks very much like its last installment just a few years ago, the former we've known about for the longest time. A surprise announcement that might make the thing worth it for a lot of people would've been a big help, but instead we got Just Dance 4 and Wii Sports LesserNintendo Land. There's no point in being sheep and buying the Wii U based on empty promises. We're consumers, if they don't give us what we want, there's no point in us giving them our money.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

pntjr

I WILL get one, but not at launch or anytime soon. Saving up for MBP...
Probaby by late 2013/early 2014.

3DS: 4596-9579-9606
The BackLoggery of Zelda!
Wii: 5236-6857-3124-9818
PSN: pntjr

3DS Friend Code: 4596-9579-9606 | Nintendo Network ID: pntjrx | Twitter:

CanisWolfred

Just outta curiousity, where did they promise 7 games by launch? We got: Project P-100, Game & Wario, Mario, Pikmin, Nintendo Land...we're only missing two more games, and honestly? I don't have high hopes for it. :/

EDIT: Oh yeah, Ninja Gaiden 3, Wii Fit U, Wii U Panaramic View, Lego City Undercover, and one more game I just forgot. Not looking that great so far, IMO, but it is more work than one would expect.

EDIT 2: Oh yeah, SING. That's it. That's all of them. And I don't know about the rest of you, but that's not the first party line-up I was looking forward to. Replace SING with Star Fox, even one from a third party developer, and I'd be ecstatic. Or Maybe replace Nintendo Land with F-Zero HD. Or Wii Fit U with a Retro game of any kind. It just seems like there's a missed opportunity here...hopefully TGS this year bears fruit, or I'll be ignoring the Wii U for the rest of its lifespan.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

ThatOtherGuy

I want to very badly! At 1rst I was knowing I wouldn't but E3 has done a great job showcaseing the games and the Wii U! Also love the pro controller and the GamePad. I just hope it's under $300!

ThatOtherGuy

CanisWolfred

Treverend wrote:

Who know what ones/if any of those are the launch games they were talking about though? Good exclusives will come, don't believe me? That's what they said about the 3DS too, and now look at it. Nintendo's not gonna neglect their money makers.

The 3DS still looks baron to me. :/ A heck of a lot of ports, a Kid Icarus game that controls like crap, and an underwhelming 3D Mario game is all I see so far. Even as far as upcoming games go, their new Paper Mario has me in "wait 'n' see" mode after seeing its emphasis on stickers, and I never liked Luigi's Mansion. You're right, it's better than the Wii U, but it's pitiful compared to the DS, the Gamecube, and pretty much all the rest of their consoles within the same timeframe.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

skywake

Token_Girl wrote:

With smart glass on Xbox allowing you to do everything the WiiU tablet can do with the tablet you already own - this system is going to have to be cheap to be competitive. Sony's also making Vita compatible with PS3 games and expanding into the mobile sector. I imagine it won't be long before they have "smart glass" functionality with Android tablets. WiiU's will be a smoother experience, since the hardware is designed to work together, but the WiiU tablet is limited to the WiiU.

I'm not at all convinced by Smart Glass. It really doesn't look like anything I can't already do with my tablet already besides the what looked to be very limited stuffs.

Treverend wrote:

What the hell? Stop whining guys... jeez... Nintendo isn't going to roll out all their major first party games in one E3 also stop talking all doom and gloom for Nintendo and talking about a ambassador program.. seriously. Also why in the WORLD would the E3 conference make you want to be it less than before? You know even more about it than you did before now, and Nintendo already said they have 7 first party games surely coming on launch day, just because they don't play all their cards on one day people scream the end for Nintendo.

but we don't really know much more than we did before. Quite literally the big new game announcements were Wii Fit U and Nintendo Land. Compare it to the Wii's 2006 E3 showing and even though that only really had Twilight Princess and Wii Sports near launch we saw this at the conference. What we saw wasn't horrible but it was no E3 2006.

If they had put ten seconds in the lineup trailer for the next big Mario, Metroid or whatever Retro is cooking then I would have been orders of magnitude more impressed. That's all it needed.

Edited on by skywake

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

TheInstantGamer

The 3DS had a bad launch but at least at E3 Nintendo made some pretty hefty promises, they showed us amazing first party titles and great features. These promises were the only reason I bought a 3DS. Today, I was shown almost nothing of value, only Pikmen 3 and ZombiU look worth getting. Unless the next two days are amazing, I will certainly not get one at launch.

I got a sexy deep v-neck and I'm not afraid to use it XD

turtlelink

Treverend wrote:

Guys.. just wait for the developer round table tonight and the rest of E3, need I remind you that Super Smash Bros was announced 2 days after their conference last time?

Highly doubt that will be released within the next three years.

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

grumblebuzzz

I won't be getting one at launch. The games aren't there yet.

When I close my eyes, I see pixilated blood.

EvilRegal

Am I getting Wii U? (Geico pitchman voice) Can Michael Jordan dunk a basketball?

Let's attack aggressively, kupo! :D

3DS Friend Code: 5241-1915-3356 | Nintendo Network ID: EvilRegal

mamp

I'm going to wait and see not making the same 3DS mistake twice, but TBH Nintendo really wowed me with the lineup they promised for the 3DS but on the Wii U I'm only excited for 4 maybe 5 games so far (well there were more but they're not Nintendo Exclusives and I have a 360).

The cat's the only cat who knows where it's at.
NNID: Muffin-Gun

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6586-7657

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.