Wii U Forum

Topic: You buying wii u

Showing 141 to 160 of 215

AuthorMessage

ThatOtherGuy

141. Posted:

I want to very badly! At 1rst I was knowing I wouldn't but E3 has done a great job showcaseing the games and the Wii U! Also love the pro controller and the GamePad. I just hope it's under $300!

ThatOtherGuy

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

142. Posted:

Treverend wrote:

Who know what ones/if any of those are the launch games they were talking about though? Good exclusives will come, don't believe me? That's what they said about the 3DS too, and now look at it. Nintendo's not gonna neglect their money makers.

The 3DS still looks baron to me. :/ A heck of a lot of ports, a Kid Icarus game that controls like crap, and an underwhelming 3D Mario game is all I see so far. Even as far as upcoming games go, their new Paper Mario has me in "wait 'n' see" mode after seeing its emphasis on stickers, and I never liked Luigi's Mansion. You're right, it's better than the Wii U, but it's pitiful compared to the DS, the Gamecube, and pretty much all the rest of their consoles within the same timeframe.

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

skywake

143. Posted:

Token_Girl wrote:

With smart glass on Xbox allowing you to do everything the WiiU tablet can do with the tablet you already own - this system is going to have to be cheap to be competitive. Sony's also making Vita compatible with PS3 games and expanding into the mobile sector. I imagine it won't be long before they have "smart glass" functionality with Android tablets. WiiU's will be a smoother experience, since the hardware is designed to work together, but the WiiU tablet is limited to the WiiU.

I'm not at all convinced by Smart Glass. It really doesn't look like anything I can't already do with my tablet already besides the what looked to be very limited stuffs.

Treverend wrote:

What the hell? Stop whining guys... jeez... Nintendo isn't going to roll out all their major first party games in one E3 :P also stop talking all doom and gloom for Nintendo and talking about a ambassador program.. seriously. Also why in the WORLD would the E3 conference make you want to be it less than before? You know even more about it than you did before now, and Nintendo already said they have 7 first party games surely coming on launch day, just because they don't play all their cards on one day people scream the end for Nintendo. :P

but we don't really know much more than we did before. Quite literally the big new game announcements were Wii Fit U and Nintendo Land. Compare it to the Wii's 2006 E3 showing and even though that only really had Twilight Princess and Wii Sports near launch we saw this at the conference. What we saw wasn't horrible but it was no E3 2006.

If they had put ten seconds in the lineup trailer for the next big Mario, Metroid or whatever Retro is cooking then I would have been orders of magnitude more impressed. That's all it needed.

Edited on by skywake

NNID: skywake

AuthorMessage

TheInstantGamer

144. Posted:

The 3DS had a bad launch but at least at E3 Nintendo made some pretty hefty promises, they showed us amazing first party titles and great features. These promises were the only reason I bought a 3DS. Today, I was shown almost nothing of value, only Pikmen 3 and ZombiU look worth getting. Unless the next two days are amazing, I will certainly not get one at launch.

I got a sexy deep v-neck and I'm not afraid to use it XD

AuthorMessage

turtlelink

145. Posted:

Treverend wrote:

Guys.. just wait for the developer round table tonight and the rest of E3, need I remind you that Super Smash Bros was announced 2 days after their conference last time?

Highly doubt that will be released within the next three years.

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

AuthorMessage

grumblebuzzz

146. Posted:

I won't be getting one at launch. The games aren't there yet.

When I close my eyes, I see pixilated blood.

AuthorMessage

FluttershyGuy

147. Posted:

Am I getting Wii U? (Geico pitchman voice) Can Michael Jordan dunk a basketball? :p

Brony since 7/28/11
Fluttershy is best pony!!!
"Once Upon a Time" fan, and Evil Regal.
Lana Parrilla is sexiest woman alive!
FluttershyGuy on Nintendo Network. 3DS Friend Code 5241-1915-3356.

AuthorMessage

mamp

148. Posted:

I'm going to wait and see not making the same 3DS mistake twice, but TBH Nintendo really wowed me with the lineup they promised for the 3DS but on the Wii U I'm only excited for 4 maybe 5 games so far (well there were more but they're not Nintendo Exclusives and I have a 360).

Marry Me!!!
NNID: Muffin-Gun

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6586-7657

AuthorMessage

Cevan

149. Posted:

I have to say, ever since the Pre-E3 Nintendo Direct on Sunday, I've been really excited for the Wii U. That Nintendo Direct really made me see how awesome the Wii U was going to be. Currently, though, the games confirmed for it so far I plan to pick up would be New Super Mario Bros. U, Pikmin 3, Super Smash Bros. Wii U (I know this won't come out for a few years, but it's been announced, and I plan on getting it), and possibly Scribblenauts Unlimited. I'll get SU on either the 3DS or the Wii U. I'd only get Nintendo Land if it's bundled with the Wii U.

3DS Friend Code: 1590-4756-8509

If you add me, please inform me in some way so I can add you.

3DS Friend Code: 1590-4756-8509 | Nintendo Network ID: Cevan7

AuthorMessage

skywake

150. Posted:

Just watched the games trailer on my TV @ 1080p and I must say, it's pretty shiny. Going to get one of these for New SMB U, Rayman Legends, Pikmin 3 and ZombiU. I haven't been blown away but I'm impressed enough with footage of these non-surprises to get me wanting to get the system. I just hope that this is literally just the launch window because if this is everything up until E3 2013 that's going to be a depressingly sparse first 9months or so.

AuthorMessage

TysonOfTime

151. Posted:

NINTENDO FANS EVERYBODY! "I didn't see something At E3 I wanted to so nothing else looks good."
You didn't have to say it. It's obvious from your responses. What's Obvious? That you're all being absurd.

I'm going to get a WiiU. Why? Because I like Nintendo's games. FACT. I think that they are good games. FACT. Even if it doesn't have anything to interest me at launch, I'll still buy it. To support what I love.

BECAUSE I'M A GAMER GAWDANGIT.

Edited on by TysonOfTime

Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

AuthorMessage

turtlelink

152. Posted:

TysonQ7 wrote:

NINTENDO FANS EVERYBODY! "I didn't see something At E3 I wanted to so nothing else looks good."

I didn't see anything I wanted yet I thought Pikmin 3 looked good.

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

AuthorMessage

mamp

153. Posted:

turtlelink wrote:

TysonQ7 wrote:

Yeah I also saw about 5 things I wanted yet it's not enough to get me to spend $300+ for it. It's not being absurd when you decide not to spend your hard earned money on something you may not enjoy. If Nintendo offers something better later on then hey, people's minds can be changed.

Edited on by mamp

Marry Me!!!

AuthorMessage

komicturtle

154. Posted:

I'm definitely picking up Trine 2 and Scribblenauts U.

My personal lineup:

Pikmin 3
NSMBU
Trine 2
Scribblenauts U
AC3
Rayman Legends
Lego City Undercover (Thinking of getting the 3DS version though)
Any good eShop game.

And then there's the whole batch of 3DS games coming out. And out of the games I mentioned, only 1 is multiplatform. Well, 1 and a half- Trine 2 is on PC/Mac...

I'm pretty much set for games for now. And I don't even think I'll be able to get these games all at the same time D:

komicturtle

AuthorMessage

PoorVGameNerd

155. Posted:

Man, I see a lot of people with entire LISTS of games they want. If I had half of the Wii's 1st party titles I'd be set for like 5 years. I'm lucky if I can even buy 2 a year for OLD systems. I'm still playing N64 classics. I really love Super Mario 64 but man, I wish I had something newer. I've squeezed every last drop of fun out of it, 120 stars and all.

www.poorvideogamenerd.com
Retro Nintendo Game Reviews

AuthorMessage

skywake

156. Posted:

TysonQ7 wrote:

You didn't have to say it. It's obvious from your responses. What's Obvious? That you're all being absurd.

Well if we didn't see something we wanted by definition we think that nothing else looked "good". Especially if we define "good" as "system seller" which is pretty much what all the complaining has been about. I don't think there is anything absurd about staying up to watch a Nintendo press conference at E3 and being disappointed when the only big first party games are New SMB and Pikmin.

I can definitely live with that for a launch but.... this is a console launch, is it too much to ask for a teaser for what's on the way in late 2013?

AuthorMessage

TysonOfTime

157. Posted:

mamp wrote:

turtlelink wrote:

TysonQ7 wrote:

[/div]

[/div]

Yeah I also saw about 5 things I wanted yet it's not enough to get me to spend $300+ for it. It's not being absurd when you decide not to spend your hard earned money on something you may not enjoy. If Nintendo offers something better later on then hey, people's minds can be changed.

I wasn't necessarily talking about you. But there were some people who deny all other games because what they specifically want isnt there. That's how people judge the Conference too.

And anyway, about spending your hard earned cash on something you may not enjoy: that's a risk you have to take with almost ALL forms of entertainment. Nintendo Announcing what you think you may like won't help if you don't like it, right?

Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

158. Posted:

I thought Super Mario 64 only had 100 stars?

@Tyson - has it ever occured to you that maybe those people don't care about those other games? That instead of denying their existance, instead,. they're existance has so little affect on them that it's not even worth a mention?

And a smart shopper minimizes risk, or even eliminates it entirely. I have yet to buy a game I didn't know I was going to like in the past year. With demoes and extensive research, I didn't have to worry about whether or not I was going to like a game. I preview all the anime I buy, too. Movies I only go to the theaters for the best ones, and get the rest on the cheap. You make it seem like high risk is acceptable when it comes to spending your hard earned money, but for most people, it's not.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

mamp

159. Posted:

TysonQ7 wrote:

mamp wrote:

turtlelink wrote:

TysonQ7 wrote:

I wasn't necessarily talking about you. But there were some people who deny all other games because what they specifically want isnt there. That's how people judge the Conference too.

And anyway, about spending your hard earned cash on something you may not enjoy: that's a risk you have to take with almost ALL forms of entertainment. Nintendo Announcing what you think you may like won't help if you don't like it, right?

I guess you're right but still spending $6.50 to watch a movie you may not like is not as risky as $300 or more dollars which is why some people are on the fence about this, they just need a little nudge from Nintendo, Once they get what they want they'll come around. :D they always do.

Edited on by mamp

Marry Me!!!

AuthorMessage

cheetahman91

160. Posted:

Not anytime soon. Going to wait and see if it builds up a good library or not.

@Mickeymac: It has 120.

Edited on by cheetahman91

Nintendolife Chatroom
Backloggery
GameSpot
Youtube
Jesus is the only way.
It's OK for someone to have an opinion. This ain't the Soviet Union you know.

Nintendo Network ID: cheetahman91