Forums

Topic: You buying wii u

Posts 141 to 160 of 205

skywake

Just watched the games trailer on my TV @ 1080p and I must say, it's pretty shiny. Going to get one of these for New SMB U, Rayman Legends, Pikmin 3 and ZombiU. I haven't been blown away but I'm impressed enough with footage of these non-surprises to get me wanting to get the system. I just hope that this is literally just the launch window because if this is everything up until E3 2013 that's going to be a depressingly sparse first 9months or so.

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

TysonOfTime

NINTENDO FANS EVERYBODY! "I didn't see something At E3 I wanted to so nothing else looks good."
You didn't have to say it. It's obvious from your responses. What's Obvious? That you're all being absurd.

I'm going to get a WiiU. Why? Because I like Nintendo's games. FACT. I think that they are good games. FACT. Even if it doesn't have anything to interest me at launch, I'll still buy it. To support what I love.

BECAUSE I'M A GAMER GAWDANGIT.

Edited on by TysonOfTime

You don't die until you're dead!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

turtlelink

TysonQ7 wrote:

NINTENDO FANS EVERYBODY! "I didn't see something At E3 I wanted to so nothing else looks good."

I didn't see anything I wanted yet I thought Pikmin 3 looked good.

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

mamp

turtlelink wrote:

TysonQ7 wrote:

Yeah I also saw about 5 things I wanted yet it's not enough to get me to spend $300+ for it. It's not being absurd when you decide not to spend your hard earned money on something you may not enjoy. If Nintendo offers something better later on then hey, people's minds can be changed.

Edited on by mamp

The cat's the only cat who knows where it's at.
NNID: Muffin-Gun

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6586-7657

komicturtle

I'm definitely picking up Trine 2 and Scribblenauts U.

My personal lineup:

Pikmin 3
NSMBU
Trine 2
Scribblenauts U
AC3
Rayman Legends
Lego City Undercover (Thinking of getting the 3DS version though)
Any good eShop game.

And then there's the whole batch of 3DS games coming out. And out of the games I mentioned, only 1 is multiplatform. Well, 1 and a half- Trine 2 is on PC/Mac...

I'm pretty much set for games for now. And I don't even think I'll be able to get these games all at the same time D:

komicturtle

PoorVGameNerd

Man, I see a lot of people with entire LISTS of games they want. If I had half of the Wii's 1st party titles I'd be set for like 5 years. I'm lucky if I can even buy 2 a year for OLD systems. I'm still playing N64 classics. I really love Super Mario 64 but man, I wish I had something newer. I've squeezed every last drop of fun out of it, 120 stars and all.

www.poorvideogamenerd.com
Retro Nintendo Game Reviews

skywake

TysonQ7 wrote:

You didn't have to say it. It's obvious from your responses. What's Obvious? That you're all being absurd.

Well if we didn't see something we wanted by definition we think that nothing else looked "good". Especially if we define "good" as "system seller" which is pretty much what all the complaining has been about. I don't think there is anything absurd about staying up to watch a Nintendo press conference at E3 and being disappointed when the only big first party games are New SMB and Pikmin.

I can definitely live with that for a launch but.... this is a console launch, is it too much to ask for a teaser for what's on the way in late 2013?

TysonOfTime

mamp wrote:

turtlelink wrote:

TysonQ7 wrote:

[/div]

[/div]

Yeah I also saw about 5 things I wanted yet it's not enough to get me to spend $300+ for it. It's not being absurd when you decide not to spend your hard earned money on something you may not enjoy. If Nintendo offers something better later on then hey, people's minds can be changed.

I wasn't necessarily talking about you. But there were some people who deny all other games because what they specifically want isnt there. That's how people judge the Conference too.

And anyway, about spending your hard earned cash on something you may not enjoy: that's a risk you have to take with almost ALL forms of entertainment. Nintendo Announcing what you think you may like won't help if you don't like it, right?

You don't die until you're dead!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

CanisWolfred

I thought Super Mario 64 only had 100 stars?

@Tyson - has it ever occured to you that maybe those people don't care about those other games? That instead of denying their existance, instead,. they're existance has so little affect on them that it's not even worth a mention?

And a smart shopper minimizes risk, or even eliminates it entirely. I have yet to buy a game I didn't know I was going to like in the past year. With demoes and extensive research, I didn't have to worry about whether or not I was going to like a game. I preview all the anime I buy, too. Movies I only go to the theaters for the best ones, and get the rest on the cheap. You make it seem like high risk is acceptable when it comes to spending your hard earned money, but for most people, it's not.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

mamp

TysonQ7 wrote:

mamp wrote:

turtlelink wrote:

TysonQ7 wrote:

I wasn't necessarily talking about you. But there were some people who deny all other games because what they specifically want isnt there. That's how people judge the Conference too.

And anyway, about spending your hard earned cash on something you may not enjoy: that's a risk you have to take with almost ALL forms of entertainment. Nintendo Announcing what you think you may like won't help if you don't like it, right?

I guess you're right but still spending $6.50 to watch a movie you may not like is not as risky as $300 or more dollars which is why some people are on the fence about this, they just need a little nudge from Nintendo, Once they get what they want they'll come around. they always do.

Edited on by mamp

The cat's the only cat who knows where it's at.
NNID: Muffin-Gun

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6586-7657

cheetahman91

Not anytime soon. Going to wait and see if it builds up a good library or not.

@Mickeymac: It has 120.

Edited on by cheetahman91

Jesus is the only way.
It's OK to have an opinion. This ain't the Soviet Union you know.
Letterboxd
Youtube Channel

Switch Friend Code: SW-2350-3570-9923 | Nintendo Network ID: cheetahman91

skywake

If ZombiU had been a cross platform generic zombie game and Watch Dogs was the Ubisoft Wii U exclusive I'd have an entirely different tone. For me that's how close the Wii U is from being "zomg I must get it now" instead of it's current "well that's cool, I might pick it up". As cool as New SMB U, Pikmin 3, ZombiU and Rayman Legends are they are the sort of games I'd buy if I had the systems rather than the sort of games I'd buy a system to play.

tl;dr: There was no individual game shown that I thought was a system seller

Miss_Rarity wrote:

People act like no other games will come out in the future.

I think everyone knows there will be other games but some reassurance would have been nice. Something to tell us that we aren't going to have to wait till 2014 for the big games we're going to want to buy the system for. Something to tell us that there will be more than a couple of massive games during the life of the console.

Edited on by skywake

ShadowChaos

everyone we still have four months left before launch and we still have TGS in october so yay.

3DS FC: 1633-4304-0741
"This is war; survival is your responsibility" ~ HUNK
Today is a baby win, Tomorrow is a big boy win
When theres no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth.

PoorVGameNerd

Yeah, it has 120. Super Mario 64 DS has 150 stars. Here's what happens when you get all the stars in the 64 version:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fAHJsHamUk

Pretty disappointing reward if you ask me. Meeting Yoshi, getting a triple jump that's (I think) worse than the normal one, and receiving 100 extra lives after you've completely finished the game? I guess the adventure is the true reward, or at least that's how I try to view it. Still a better ending than some games. Donkey Kong Land takes the cake for lame endings. For those of you who haven't seen it yet, behold the lameness!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AbUaKeJPMQ

www.poorvideogamenerd.com
Retro Nintendo Game Reviews

Kid3dizzy

I'll get it.

And to be honest, theirs no way to please the fans in gaming. NOT just Nintendo, but Sony and Microsoft included. Almost everyone says this E3 was bad, the worst even, but I like it. I'm equal, patience fan of Nintendo, Sony, and Microsoft.

3DS FC: 5413 - 1010 - 5522Pokemon (white): 4642 - 5155 - 5256

"Live fast and Die young or Take it slow and Last long..." -Jumper, Hero

skywake

Kid3dizzy wrote:

And to be honest, theirs no way to please the fans in gaming. NOT just Nintendo, but Sony and Microsoft included. Almost everyone says this E3 was bad, the worst even, but I like it. I'm equal, patience fan of Nintendo, Sony, and Microsoft.

It was a bad showing from the big three but it was a great showing from Ubisoft. There is definitely a way to please gaming fans, show great games. Ubisoft were the only ones who really nailed it.

This should have been like Nintendo's 2006 E3 but instead they worked really hard to make their killer hand feel like E3 2008.

Edited on by skywake

TheKingOfTown

The whole thing just felt rushed. It lacked the epicness of 2010 and 2011.

Edited on by TheKingOfTown

Why do people point to their wrists when asking for the time, but don't point to their crotch when they ask where the bathroom is?

PSN ID: CTID16

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1201-0412 | Nintendo Network ID: TheKingOfTown

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.