Forums

Topic: Xbox 360 outsold Wii U In Sales For Black Friday This Year

Posts 1 to 20 of 123

CaviarMeths

Well, charts are useless by themselves. You need context.

This data is US only, and only from two retailers, Wal-Mart and Target. Also neglects to mention that the Xbox 360 was on sale in Wal-Mart for $99.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

ItsLuigiBrah

Tasuki wrote:

Nintendo is DOOOOOOOOMED!!!!!!

Nintendo isn't, but the Wii U is

ItsLuigiBrah

kkslider5552000

SpookyMeths wrote:

Well, charts are useless by themselves. You need context.

This data is US only, and only from two retailers, Wal-Mart and Target. Also neglects to mention that the Xbox 360 was on sale in Wal-Mart for $99.

Oh so I google searched and apparently THIS HAPPENED LAST YEAR. And while Wii U sales weren't spectacular last year, this was a poor estimate of sales then apparently. So yeah.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

CaviarMeths

ItsLuigiBrah wrote:

Tasuki wrote:

Nintendo isn't, but the Wii U is

The Wii U, software, and amiibo are going to make a disgusting amount of money for Nintendo this holiday. Most likely, they will be more profitable than both the Playstation and Xbox brands, even with lower sales.

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Oh so I google searched and apparently THIS HAPPENED LAST YEAR.

This is hilarious.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

kkslider5552000

You know I just meant that as it being a low example of Nintendo's actual sales but I think the 360 might've be on sale around this time last year too?! So maybe it is EXACTLY the same. XD

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Drawdler

Tasuki wrote:

I just posted elsewhere about how I've been wanting to use this gif:
Untitled

Myland's Dream Address: 6500-2329-0504 | darkSpyro | Ghostroaster | Reddit

3DS Friend Code: 2191-7661-4611 | Nintendo Network ID: Nibelilt

LzWinky

That doesn't make it a better console in my opinion

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

jariw

kkslider5552000 wrote:

You know I just meant that as it being a low example of Nintendo's actual sales but I think the 360 might've be on sale around this time last year too?! So maybe it is EXACTLY the same. XD

It's the same patterns both years.

Here's the figures for 2013:
http://blog.infoscout.co/black-friday-console-war/

Here's the figures for 2014:
http://blog.infoscout.co/gaming-consoles-black-friday/

The figures are almost identical in shares between the console makers, even if the models differ. Microsoft uses the Black Friday as a tool to get lots of consoles on the market. Patcher will probably use this as "info" that Microsoft sells twice as much consoles as Sony, and that Nintendo is doooomed.

jariw

CaviarMeths

Yes, Microsoft typically puts all of its eggs into the shopping season. In the last 12 months, Nov 2013 is the only month where XB1 beat PS4 in the NPD. Again though, NPD is US-only. The XB1 has never outsold the PS4 worldwide, not in any week since launch. In some regions, the XB1 is getting outsold by the PS4 by a ratio of like 10:1, mainly in non-English speaking countries. Japan is about 100:1.

Edited on by CaviarMeths

McGruber

The WiiU is done. I'm sure Nintendo is making profits from it now , but as an owner I probably won't ever be fully satisfied with my purchase. I'm sure Nintendo isn't content with being "that other console", especially when the other consoles are selling 3x as many units. Hopefully they make a console for core gamers AND families next time. I love me some Zelda and Metroid, but uhm I wanna play Destiny, too!

McGruber

Nintendo Network ID: McGruber

micronean

Personally, I think Microsoft went on a "desperation" sale and lowered their products to an unreasonable level. Neither Sony or Nintendo are in a position to lower the value of their consoles so drastically. Sony, because their parent company is bleeding to death, and Nintendo because they still need to make a profit. Microsoft has to go to these lengths because, effectively, the US is their only market.

The black friday sales will look good on paper, and sure, it's kudos to microsoft if you're going with system wars (like many do), but I'd really like to see how much this promotion will set MS back when their entire financial calculations are done at the end of the year. They may indeed be a big loser...but, then again, it's microsoft. They're big gamblers.

micronean

Yoshi

Considering that it was a $99 console, would there be any contest?

Formally called brewsky before becoming the lovable, adorable Yoshi.
Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

ItsLuigiBrah

brewsky wrote:

Considering that it was a $99 console, would there be any contest?

The PS4 is $400 and outsold the 360 10X, so not sure what your point is

ItsLuigiBrah

Jacob717

A better question is, How did the XBox One outsell the PS4?

Jacob717

sub12

2013 = don't worry guys, we have Super Mario 3D World, and the third parties will come back after this holiday season.....

2014 = don't worry guys, with MK8 and Smash, this will be our saving holiday season.....

2015 = don't worry guys, we have a new Zelda, this is what you want, right?

sub12

unrandomsam

Microsoft is doing totally fine. (Giant pay off for the EOL of Windows Server 2003 is soon).

Even buying Skype and Nokia made not a great deal of difference to their profitability.

Even including the Xbone as a rental with the Xbox Live subscription wouldn't make any real difference.

“30fps Is Not a Good Artistic Decision, It's a Failure”
Freedom of the press is for those who happen to own one.

ItsLuigiBrah

sub12 wrote:

2013 = don't worry guys, we have Super Mario 3D World, and the third parties will come back after this holiday season.....

2014 = don't worry guys, with MK8 and Smash, this will be our saving holiday season.....

2015 = don't worry guys, we have a new Zelda, this is what you want, right?

Unfortunately Nintendo has played all their heavy hitters with Smash, Mario Kart and 3D Mario. At this point nothing is really going to boost sales. Zelda isn't going to hurt but it doesn't have the selling power of Nintendos other franchises.

ItsLuigiBrah

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.