Forums

Topic: Xbox 360 outsold Wii U In Sales For Black Friday This Year

Posts 21 to 40 of 123

AlexSays

Dipper723 wrote:

A better question is, How did the XBox One outsell the PS4?

Much better deals

AlexSays

AJ_Lethal

jariw wrote:

It's the same patterns both years.

Here's the figures for 2013:
http://blog.infoscout.co/black-friday-console-war/

Here's the figures for 2014:
http://blog.infoscout.co/gaming-consoles-black-friday/

The figures are almost identical in shares between the console makers, even if the models differ. Microsoft uses the Black Friday as a tool to get lots of consoles on the market. Patcher will probably use this as "info" that Microsoft sells twice as much consoles as Sony, and that Nintendo is doooomed.

cough

InfoScout panelists submitted 180k+ receipts over the course of Black Friday. The data includes purchases at all major retailers carrying electronics including Walmart, Target, Best Buy, GameStop, RadioShack, and others. For more information related to our data and panel representation, visit our data page.

180K is a rather small sample, so I would take that with a grain of salt.

ItsLuigiBrah

AJ_Lethal wrote:

jariw wrote:

It's the same patterns both years.

Here's the figures for 2013:
http://blog.infoscout.co/black-friday-console-war/

Here's the figures for 2014:
http://blog.infoscout.co/gaming-consoles-black-friday/

The figures are almost identical in shares between the console makers, even if the models differ. Microsoft uses the Black Friday as a tool to get lots of consoles on the market. Patcher will probably use this as "info" that Microsoft sells twice as much consoles as Sony, and that Nintendo is doooomed.

cough

InfoScout panelists submitted 180k+ receipts over the course of Black Friday. The data includes purchases at all major retailers carrying electronics including Walmart, Target, Best Buy, GameStop, RadioShack, and others. For more information related to our data and panel representation, visit our data page.

180K is a rather small sample, so I would take that with a grain of salt.

180K is huge in terms of surveys

ItsLuigiBrah

Peach64

The Wii U is one of the worst selling major consoles in the history of the industry, smashing all kinds of records for low sales. It getting beat by a system like the 360 shouldn't be a surprise.

Peach64

X_Octo

Meh, as long as Nintendo comes out of this generation with a profit, then I see no problem here. Also, I think the Xbox One taken over the Wii U.

Every forgets about the Octarians. #Octariansarecephalopodstoo

Currently playing: Splatatatatatatatatata Splatoon.
Want: Xenoblade Chronicles X

3DS Friend Code: 1091-8071-2185 | Nintendo Network ID: Frostee98 | Twitter:

Jacob717

Peach64 wrote:

The Wii U is one of the worst selling major consoles in the history of the industry, smashing all kinds of records for low sales. It getting beat by a system like the 360 shouldn't be a surprise.

I'm pretty sure it's selling better than the Sega Saturn.

Jacob717

Vincent294

The Wii U is a great console but this is no surprise. The 360 is a better console, at least subjectively to the bulk of consumers. Nintendo has some great 1st party games and 3rd party games are being oversaturated by cliche annualization, but even that won't change the fact that there are still great 3rd party games and MS can make good 1st party games as well. Same with PlayStation. In the end, you need at least some 3rd party games to have the best console; I'd love to say Zelda and Xenoblade are all you need, but you can't deny the quality of Skyrim, Red Dead Redemption, Dark Souls, and more. People will still hate me for this, but it's true. The Wii U is like the Vita with 1st party support. There are some who love Nintendo games so much that they find it to be the better value, and that's great, but for most the Wii U only makes a good 2nd console for its exclusives. It deserves more success, but part of that comes down to Nintendo courting 3rd party devs, which isn't happening. Some will conveniently interpret this as bashing the Wii U while praising Call of Duty, call me a dudebro gamer, and then use my exact same argument to slander the Vita with, but I'm just making the case that hey, maybe the 360 does give you more bang for your buck, at least for some consumers.

Vincent294

My Nintendo: Vincent294 | Nintendo Network ID: Vincent294

Vincent294

Larryislife wrote:

Meh, as long as Nintendo comes out of this generation with a profit, then I see no problem here. Also, I think the Xbox One taken over the Wii U.

Yeah, though it's worth noting the One came out a year later and is projected to pass it up. I find it ironic that people think the Wii U is a failure when the One hasn't exactly gotten off the best of starts either. It'll inevitably get back in the game with Halo, Forza, and more exclusives along with its 3rd party support, and I hope Nintendo uses this moment to make itself more known. Some of my friends forgot the Wii U existed already, and some only use it for Smash. The Nintendo booth at my local mall is capitalizing on that fame so hopefully they can expand the install base by some.

Vincent294

My Nintendo: Vincent294 | Nintendo Network ID: Vincent294

jariw

Dipper723 wrote:

I'm pretty sure it's selling better than the Sega Saturn.

For those interested in numbers, Mario Kart 8 has sold about the same number of copies in the US (since its launch this spring) as the lifetime sales of Sega Saturn in the US.

Edited on by jariw

jariw

iKhan

Not unexpected. The Wii U doesn't have a lot of games that the American mass market appreciates. And even among the games it does have, none are advertised as being available for Wii U.

For some sickening reason, in the US we have a cultural stigma against anything animated or cartoony. Nintendo will struggle with the adult mass market as long as that exists.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

iKhan

AlexSays wrote:

Dipper723 wrote:

Much better deals

Microsoft slaughtered Sony this weekend in regard to deals. Virtually nothing on the PS3, and not too much on the PS4.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

MsJubilee

Nintendo forgot to advertise their damn console again!My god do they ever learn?It's sad not even smash bros or Mario Kart can save this system.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Resident Evil 4 Remake & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Jaz007

Dipper723 wrote:

By being $70 cheaper ($330). MS is getting a little desperate.

Jaz007

arnoldlayne83

Vincent294 wrote:

Larryislife wrote:

Yeah, though it's worth noting the One came out a year later and is projected to pass it up. I find it ironic that people think the Wii U is a failure when the One hasn't exactly gotten off the best of starts either. It'll inevitably get back in the game with Halo, Forza, and more exclusives along with its 3rd party support, and I hope Nintendo uses this moment to make itself more known. Some of my friends forgot the Wii U existed already, and some only use it for Smash. The Nintendo booth at my local mall is capitalizing on that fame so hopefully they can expand the install base by some.

Xbox1 is not a failure, still had stromg sales for its first year, it cannot keep the pace with the astonishing success of ps4. That is all... like cristiano ronaldo, is one of the best footballer ever but it happened he got messi ahead of him.

WiiU is a commercial failure, and this is an objective fact, we should accept it and move over...

Edited on by arnoldlayne83

psn: markthesovver83 ; Nnid: arnoldlayne83

Nintendo Network ID: arnoldlayne83

LzWinky

ItsLuigiBrah wrote:

180K is huge in terms of surveys

Not for this purpose though. This survey doesn't really prove much of anything

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

LzWinky

midnafanboy wrote:

Nintendo forgot to advertise their damn console again!My god do they ever learn?It's sad not even smash bros or Mario Kart can save this system.

You forgot to pay attention to the marketing they actually do.

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Atariboy

There's no way that this data is correct at any point up to and including now. The PS3 hasn't virtually disappeared as this graph's 1% market share claim would suggest. It's definitely in a solid and competitive 4th place (Here in the US and Canada where Microsoft still leads) and I'm sure did its fair share of Black Friday business.

Edited on by Atariboy

Atariboy

rockodoodle

I think a lot of core gamers will buy a Wii U just for Zelda. I'll bet by January, the Wii U will have about 9 million units actually sold.

The important thing for me is that the games are still awesome. I haven't been disappointed in a Nintendo title or exclusive yet.

ItsLuigiBrah wrote:

sub12 wrote:

2013 = don't worry guys, we have Super Mario 3D World, and the third parties will come back after this holiday season.....

2014 = don't worry guys, with MK8 and Smash, this will be our saving holiday season.....

2015 = don't worry guys, we have a new Zelda, this is what you want, right?

Unfortunately Nintendo has played all their heavy hitters with Smash, Mario Kart and 3D Mario. At this point nothing is really going to boost sales. Zelda isn't going to hurt but it doesn't have the selling power of Nintendos other franchises.

rockodoodle

rallydefault

So? The games on the Wii U are awesome, and Nintendo is still around. The new Pokemon games are fantastic (and DID fantastic in terms of sales), and Nintendo is still around. The Amiibo are a cool idea, need work, but ultimately are a nice collector's item ... and Nintendo is still around.

As long as Nintendo is still around and making quality games, I don't care if Jenga outsells the Wii U 10 to 1. All I care about is that Nintendo is still around, still doing what it does.

rallydefault

Jacob717

arnoldlayne83 wrote:

Xbox1 is not a failure, still had stromg sales for its first year, it cannot keep the pace with the astonishing success of ps4. That is all... like cristiano ronaldo, is one of the best footballer ever but it happened he got messi ahead of him.

WiiU is a commercial failure, and this is an objective fact, we should accept it and move over...

Actually, the entire Xbox brand is a failure, because Microsoft never made a profit from them, except for that one time in November 2004. The Wii U used to be a faliure, because Nintendo was losing money from it, but recently, they have made a profit from it, so as long as the Wii U keeps making a profit, and make back the money they initially lost from it, it will be a success, even if it sells in low numbers.

Jacob717

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.