Forums

Topic: Xbox 360 outsold Wii U In Sales For Black Friday This Year

Posts 121 to 123 of 123

Atariboy

arojilla wrote:

And now Target retired the game in Australia because of a petition? Well, that's what happens when people can,t understand what a rating is and that shouldn't be buying 18+ games to children.

Some former prostitutes started up a petition saying that it encourages male violence against women because the in-game portrayal of such characters can be killed just like any other regular NPC in the game, and they merely recieve a similar response from the game's authorities as any other murder.

I don't believe that they used the angle that it was potentially damaging for minors that were exposed to it.

Atariboy

skywake

I believe some of the backlash against Target thing might have something to do with the way they advertised the game....
Untitled

Also my brother got a copy of the game for my Niece who wanted it and he was kinda hesitant about it because of the 18+ rating... and she's 16. So it really shocks me when people aren't even a bit cautious about buying the game for their ten year olds. Target is overreacting but damn, maybe we do need places like Target closing the doors a tad if parents are that bad at parenting. Particularly if they're going to advertise it next to Peppa Pig and Barbies.

Edited on by skywake

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.