Forums

Topic: Wii U system update

Posts 141 to 159 of 159

ClassicJetterz

North American Wii U owner, downloading the update NOW.

You're blinded by romance, you're blinded by science...
Your condition is critically grave...but don't expect mercy from such an alliance..
Suspicion of tradition's so new wave!

3DS Friend Code: 5370-0397-4153 | Nintendo Network ID: ClassicJetterz

Snagrio

Wow, took less then a second to boot up the Internet browser! Haven't been able to check out game load times yet. Still, very impressive.

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

Moshugan

Just popped in to rejoice about the update, but people already know. Yeah!
If it doesn't start, fir it up manually from System Settings.

My Super Mario Maker 2's Maker ID: R7B-M93-5GF

Nintendo Network ID: Moshugan

krisko

I can't connect to the internet after updating- I'm using a Rocketfish wired LAN adapter. It worked fine before and during the update. Now, when I try to connect, the light flashes a few times then it goes dead. I'm going to try taking my system down to the campus web system tomorrow and have them connect it, but I didn't have to do this before. If that doesn't work, what should I do?

krisko

Cheaptrick

krisko wrote:

I can't connect to the internet after updating- I'm using a Rocketfish wired LAN adapter. It worked fine before and during the update. Now, when I try to connect, the light flashes a few times then it goes dead. I'm going to try taking my system down to the campus web system tomorrow and have them connect it, but I didn't have to do this before. If that doesn't work, what should I do?

Update your connection setting. The update probably defaulted the connection setting.

ClassicJetterz

After an hour and a half, it finished. Everything loads faster.

You're blinded by romance, you're blinded by science...
Your condition is critically grave...but don't expect mercy from such an alliance..
Suspicion of tradition's so new wave!

3DS Friend Code: 5370-0397-4153 | Nintendo Network ID: ClassicJetterz

tickling

mine is installing took around 45 minutes on a 120mb connection. In Norn Iron

tickling

RikuzeYre

Are you optimized^?

RikuzeYre

Metal_Slugger

I got an error and something about my gamepad update didn't finish. I was worried I got a bum download, but clicked continue and it said it was updating my gamepad? Either way it's working good now.

Metal_Slugger

PinkSpider

What's the gamepad update do

3DS Friend code : 2878 9572 9160 PinkSpider
Mario Kart 7 Community code : 54 7436 5412 6010
Wii U I.D : PinkSpider

Azooooz

I'm downloading the update right now. Looks like it will take a long time for it to complete.

Making promise is easy. The hard part is keeping it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3533-1743-6611 | 3DS Friend Code: 5069-3944-7877 | My Nintendo: azooooz | Nintendo Network ID: desert_king_Q8

PinkSpider

I'd go watch a film and then it hopefully should be done lol

3DS Friend code : 2878 9572 9160 PinkSpider
Mario Kart 7 Community code : 54 7436 5412 6010
Wii U I.D : PinkSpider

Hunter-D

Took me 30 minutes to download and another 10 to install.

Hunter-D

Metal_Slugger

PinkSpider wrote:

What's the gamepad update do

I have no idea I was just downloading the system update and that's what it said on the gamepad.

Metal_Slugger

CHECKit095

Sometimes the loading times are EXTREMELY longer than before, and sometimes it's very fast! Anyone having troubles with this?

CHECKit095

Einherjar

Took me less than 15min for download AND installation. I dont see much improvement in regards to the loading times, but they never bothered me in the first place, so maybe its that. Im a bit curious if i can boot up into Wii mode with a Wii mote only (holding the B button) but since im out of batteries, ill have to chek it later.
Any bets on the official VC launch ? Since they said "it launches shortly after the update" shortly in nintendo terms usually means anything from a week to a month

Einherjar

3DS Friend Code: 3823-8503-1730 | Nintendo Network ID: EinherjarZX

CHECKit095

Einherjar wrote:

Took me less than 15min for download AND installation. I dont see much improvement in regards to the loading times, but they never bothered me in the first place, so maybe its that.

The first few times, the system does load very long. Just turn it on and off a couple of times and the loading times will be shorter...

CHECKit095

Big_L91

Einherjar wrote:

Took me less than 15min for download AND installation. I dont see much improvement in regards to the loading times, but they never bothered me in the first place, so maybe its that. Im a bit curious if i can boot up into Wii mode with a Wii mote only (holding the B button) but since im out of batteries, ill have to chek it later.
Any bets on the official VC launch ? Since they said "it launches shortly after the update" shortly in nintendo terms usually means anything from a week to a month

good point about being able to boot to wii mode by holding b on the remote would be convienient not having to go to the gamepad at all.

put it on.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.