Forums

Topic: Wii U Not a Next-Gen Console?

Posts 121 to 140 of 145

SCRAPPER392

@Sony_70
I thought Microsoft had a policy that said multiplats have to be released simultaneously. That would imply that Xbox One is being released on Nov. 5th, because COD Ghosts is a launch title for Xbox One.
Microsoft said Xbox One will release sometime in November. If Nintendo is announcing an Xbox One launch game on the 5th of November, that technically confirms Xbox One's release date.
The only exception is if Activision or Microsoft don't know the release date yet. I don't see why Nintendo would be specific on the date if it wasn't correct, though.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

thatguyEZ

kkslider5552000 wrote:

"next gen" is a meaningless term

this. forever this.

KAHN wrote:

Klimbatize wrote:

Connorjewell wrote:

To Everyone who says wii u isn't next gen, just watch this video
http://m.youtube.com/my_favorites#/watch?v=cJawrGFJbQs

Okay, I just watched my entire Favorites Videos list on youtube. Now what?

yeah, what was the point of that?

lol i was looking at it and was like 'woah, he has a lot of the same favs. i do, awesome music taste!' then i realized it was mine ._.

Edited on by thatguyEZ

thatguyEZ

3DS Friend Code: 0791-1617-9793 | Nintendo Network ID: thatguyEZ | Twitter:

shingi_70

SCAR392 wrote:

@Sony_70
I thought Microsoft had a policy that said multiplats have to be released simultaneously. That would imply that Xbox One is being released on Nov. 5th, because COD Ghosts is a launch title for Xbox One.
Microsoft said Xbox One will release sometime in November. If Nintendo is announcing an Xbox One launch game on the 5th of November, that technically confirms Xbox One's release date.
The only exception is if Activision or Microsoft don't know the release date yet. I don't see why Nintendo would be specific on the date if it wasn't correct, though.

Nope that policy is pretty much gone seeing a ducktales is next month for XBL. The rumored date for the PS4 is October 29th.

I'm guessing were going to find out both release dates next month at Gamescom. On the note of games Shadow of the Eternals kickstarter has been relaunched for Wii U and PC with a PS4 stretch goal.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

SCRAPPER392

@Sony_70
Ducktales Remastered isn't a big title, though.
Like you said, we should just wait and see, but Nintendo confirming COD Ghosts for Nov. 5 is a pretty big sign all the platforms will be available by then.

EDIT: As for Shadows of the Eternal, I kinda hope it doesn't succeed as bad as that sounds. I think if Nintendo just stepped in and took control, the game would end up turning out alot better.
Plus, Nintendo has claimed Eternal Darkness as an IP title. If Nintendo decides to to make an Eternal Darkness sequel after this game is made, it will make that game look like trash.
The game could end up being a different genre I suppose, but I think the game has a better chance of doing well if Nintendo supports it. If it doesn't succeed to raise funds, Nintendo will probably collaborate with Precursor Games.
I think that would be for the best for both parties, regardless of the "Nintendo are control freaks" type attitude.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

Happy_Mask

Klimbatize wrote:

Connorjewell wrote:

To Everyone who says wii u isn't next gen, just watch this video
http://m.youtube.com/my_favorites#/watch?v=cJawrGFJbQs

Okay, I just watched my entire Favorites Videos list on youtube. Now what?

Spin around 3 times and do a little jig.

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

shingi_70

SCAR392 wrote:

@Sony_70
Ducktales Remastered isn't a big title, though.
Like you said, we should just wait and see, but Nintendo confirming COD Ghosts for Nov. 5 is a pretty big sign all the platforms will be available by then.

EDIT: As for Shadows of the Eternal, I kinda hope it doesn't succeed as bad as that sounds. I think if Nintendo just stepped in and took control, the game would end up turning out alot better.
Plus, Nintendo has claimed Eternal Darkness as an IP title. If Nintendo decides to to make an Eternal Darkness sequel after this game is made, it will make that game look like trash.
The game could end up being a different genre I suppose, but I think the game has a better chance of doing well if Nintendo supports it. If it doesn't succeed to raise funds, Nintendo will probably collaborate with Precursor Games.
I think that would be for the best for both parties, regardless of the "Nintendo are control freaks" type attitude.

brah I didn't' know you played the game and apparently anything nintendo hasn't touch turns to crap.

Also shadows of the Eternals wouldn't made a potential ED sequel look like trash or vice versa. The two take place in completely different universes and despite similar themes can co-exist. That's like saying Halo and Destiny or Call of Duty and Titanfall can't coexist.

I don't think being involved with nintendo would be the best for Precursor games. (In fact nintendo is the last out of the big three I'd want them with tbh). That would effectively kill the PC and PS4 skus of the game hurting revenue that could be made on those platforms.

It seems you want the kickstarter to fail moslty becuse your a nintendo fanboy and would want a Proper Eternal Darkness game instead of a spiritual successor.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

shingi_70

So its rumored that Nintendo is going to be doing a Wind Waker Bundle for the Wii U. That's a good start to get people ready for the system. I personally think there should at least be three different bundles in addition to a $50 price cut.

$250 Basic Model
Untitled

Wii U Deluxe model
Untitled

alongside

Untitled

or
Untitled

or
Untitled

and a $10 eshop credit.

WAT!

skywake

Sony_70 wrote:

skywake wrote:

Sony_70 wrote:

LzQuacker wrote:

What...is the point for that? Are they really that desperate to push the Vita?

Its a apparently a native solution so its less of being desperate and more of there's barley any work on the developer side to do anything. (which is a good thing). Its like how android can miracast on a system level so developers don;t have to add anything special to their apps/games.

I'm pretty sure it's a desperate push to sell the Vita even if it's probably a good idea. I still don't see many people getting a Vita purely to use this feature but and I wouldn't call it "native". It isn't there by default and because of that I wouldn't expect many games to use it in a novel way. [...]

BY Native were talking the api and not the hardware component, I don;t have a TV with mircacast but my nexus 4 and 7 both nativly support it.

The PS4 and the tools to develop games for the PS4 natively support the Vita and all of the Wii U tools support the GamePad. Difference is, as I said, the Wii U comes with the hardware in the box and so all Wii U owners will have it. So the PS4 doesn't really support it in the same way.

Kinda like how the Balance Board was easy to code for on the Wii but there wasn't really much done with it. Because it wasn't in the box. So there's native and then there's native... that's what I was getting at.

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

SCRAPPER392

@Sony_70
I really do think being with Nintendo would be the best for a a new ED game. You aren't thinking at all?
There are alternative outcomes that could happen, but you're only looking at the one right in front of you.
Nintendo could make the game better for Wii U, and it could sell better than a half-effort one that will be available on 3 platforms.
Also, Halo and Destiny don't even count. Bungie doesn't even own Halo, so they can't even consider it the same universe.
Precursor Games still owns ED, but they are using a different title. They call it a spiritual successor, but it WILL be considered the actually successor if a game like SotE is actually made.
So you're telling me that it's ok if Precursor Games makes a spiritual successor, then Nintendo can potentially make an actual sequel?
Who do you think would lose that competition? It would be better for both companies if they teamed up, instead of competing like that.

Lastly, calling me a Nintendo fanboy doesn't help your case. Actually, it makes everything you just said mainly irrelevant, because you're under the impression I'm biased. People that call other people fanboys need to seriously step up their argument, because you basically aren't making one.
Come up with a better argument besides "biased". It will help you.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

rallydefault

@Sony_70

That package is definitely a good deal, and I think in some ways it could almost work as a "relaunch" of the Wii U. If Nintendo can just get the word out A LOT and make everyone aware, it has the potential to draw in a bunch of people. I know it doesn't count for much, but many of my friends are being drawn closer and closer to the point of purchasing a Wii U - a Zelda package deal could be that tipping point for a lot of consumers.

rallydefault

shingi_70

SCAR392 wrote:

@Sony_70
I really do think being with Nintendo would be the best for a a new ED game. You aren't thinking at all?
There are alternative outcomes that could happen, but you're only looking at the one right in front of you.
Nintendo could make the game better for Wii U, and it could sell better than a half-effort one that will be available on 3 platforms.
Also, Halo and Destiny don't even count. Bungie doesn't even own Halo, so they can't even consider it the same universe.
Precursor Games still owns ED, but they are using a different title. They call it a spiritual successor, but it WILL be considered the actually successor if a game like SotE is actually made.
So you're telling me that it's ok if Precursor Games makes a spiritual successor, then Nintendo can potentially make an actual sequel?
Who do you think would lose that competition? It would be better for both companies if they teamed up, instead of competing like that.

Lastly, calling me a Nintendo fanboy doesn't help your case. Actually, it makes everything you just said mainly irrelevant, because you're under the impression I'm biased. People that call other people fanboys need to seriously step up their argument, because you basically aren't making one.
Come up with a better argument besides "biased". It will help you.

I could have sworn that Nintendo won ED.

WAT!

MAB

Keep fighting the pointless fight

MAB

rockodoodle

Good post! I've heard people complain about the 3rd party games, and I haven't had any problems with mine, granted, maybe they patched them up since they wee first released.

pntjr wrote:

rockodoodle

Midnight3DS

Scar, you're biased. You don't like Sony games.

I don't like birds crapping on my car. I am biased against birds crapping on my car.

3DS Friend Code: 5129-0855-7142 ID = Midnight

AC:NL Mayor Jambo, town of Hamneggs

SCRAPPER392

@Sony_70
What? Nintendo owns the IP name, but Precursor Games basically owns every aspect of the game besides the insanity meter.

@Midnight3DS
My point is that it's ironic/hypocritical to call someone biased, because you're just as biased for saying that, resulting in no contribution to the discussion.

As for the bird crap comment, the difference is that there's one side to that. Birds don't think about crapping on your car. They just do.

So you shake your fist at birds for crapping on your car? That will totally get the point across, because not only do they not understand you, but they don't care, either.

Qwest

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.