Forums

Topic: Wii U Not a Next-Gen Console?

Posts 101 to 120 of 145

shingi_70

skywake wrote:

Sony_70 wrote:

LzQuacker wrote:

What...is the point for that? Are they really that desperate to push the Vita?

Its a apparently a native solution so its less of being desperate and more of there's barley any work on the developer side to do anything. (which is a good thing). Its like how android can miracast on a system level so developers don;t have to add anything special to their apps/games.

I'm pretty sure it's a desperate push to sell the Vita even if it's probably a good idea. I still don't see many people getting a Vita purely to use this feature but and I wouldn't call it "native". It isn't there by defauly and because of that I wouldn't expect many games to use it in a novel way.

In comparison the Wii U has it natively so Devs are encouraged to use it in different ways. The easiest thing to do is simply mirror the TV and some do that... but some put maps on there or inventory which is trivially different. Some give the second screen a different game screen entirely. Probably just as easy with the Vita + PS4 except that everyone has the second screen so you're not wasting your time building something nobody cares about.

BY Native were talking the api and not the hardware component, I don;t have a TV with mircacast but my nexus 4 and 7 both nativly support it.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

CanisWolfred

LzQuacker wrote:

Yeah, that just sounds like a waste of resources. I know I didn't buy my Vita just to play PS4 games.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

FireMario887

Third-party titles aren't supporting Nintendo, even though Nintendo is having tough luck. Those companies just want to win and have no care for the consumers entertainment. In fact, I wouldn't doubt if those other companies were working to get money rather to build for consumers' entertainment. It appears that other companies do not find the Wii U as next gen and want to see Nintendo fail. Nintendo builds for consumers' enjoyment and just require patience and support. If third-party companies want to see Nintendo win, they should help instead of enjoying Nintendo's trouble.

FireMario887

MAN1AC

Sony_70 wrote:

But Quantic dream doesn't make Video Games.

Plus generations don;t really factor power.

Oh poop! What is this?

Edited on by LzWinky

Four more months until Bayonetta 2.

3DS Friend Code: 0705-3088-6988 | Nintendo Network ID: MANIAC64

shingi_70

CanisWolfred wrote:

LzQuacker wrote:

Yeah, that just sounds like a waste of resources. I know I didn't buy my Vita just to play PS4 games.

Well yeah and its an added feature that couldn't have been anything but a few lines of code to get to work.

Looking forward to FFX myself.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

CanisWolfred

Varia01 wrote:

Third-party titles aren't supporting Nintendo, even though Nintendo is having tough luck. Those companies just want to win and have no care for the consumers entertainment. In fact, I wouldn't doubt if those other companies were working to get money rather to build for consumers' entertainment. It appears that other companies do not find the Wii U as next gen and want to see Nintendo fail. Nintendo builds for consumers' enjoyment and just require patience and support. If third-party companies want to see Nintendo win, they should help instead of enjoying Nintendo's trouble.

Untitled
That's...That's not how Business works. At all. Companies don't just help eachother unless it benefits them. They're not charities. Entertainment is not a necessity, there's no need for people going around acting like they're working for the common good of everybody. And None of them want to see Nintendo "Win", nor do they necessarily want to see them "lose", not unless Nintendo's success or failure would severely affect them, and to be quite honest, I don't think it does at this point, unless Nintendo then becomes a Third Party company and kicks butt all over the place.

There's more I could say, but I think those are the main points. Welcome to reality.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

CanisWolfred

Sony_70 wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

LzQuacker wrote:

Well yeah and its an added feature that couldn't have been anything but a few lines of code to get to work.

Looking forward to FFX myself.

Programing is one thing, optimization could be something else entirely. Hopefully I'm wrong, but I could see it being a major limiter to a lot of games.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Phatosaurus

Since the Wii U is already out, it technically isn't "next gen". It's now current gen (8th gen if Wikipedia is to be believed).
Once the PS4/Xbone come out, they too will join the current generation along with the Wii U.

Can we stop throwing around marketing buzzterms now?

3DS: 3840-6043-8686
WiiU: Phatosaurus

FireMario887

CanisWolfred wrote:

Varia01 wrote:

Untitled
That's...That's not how Business works. At all. Companies don't just help eachother unless it benefits them. They're not charities. Entertainment is not a necessity, there's no need for people going around acting like they're working for the common good of everybody. And None of them want to see Nintendo "Win", nor do they necessarily want to see them "lose", not unless Nintendo's success or failure would severely affect them, and to be quite honest, I don't think it does at this point, unless Nintendo then becomes a Third Party company and kicks butt all over the place.

There's more I could say, but I think those are the main points. Welcome to reality.

All right, sorry man. I now look at that post and see the stupidity of it. Companies compete, you just reminded me about, so I realize.

FireMario887

AlexSays

skywake wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

All 3rd parties should be wanting to put out all their big games on the Wii U by the middle of next year, I think.

What I think is interesting is that after all of EA's rambling the next CoD is going to be on the Wii U.

What does that have to do with anything? Would be just interesting if Medal of Honor or Battlefield 4 were on the Wii U, but that seems highly unlikely.

AlexSays

SCRAPPER392

AlexSays wrote:

skywake wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

All 3rd parties should be wanting to put out all their big games on the Wii U by the middle of next year, I think.

What I think is interesting is that after all of EA's rambling the next CoD is going to be on the Wii U.

What does that have to do with anything? Would be just interesting if Medal of Honor or Battlefield 4 were on the Wii U, but that seems highly unlikely.

If EA sees that the Wii U install base is better now, and Wii U can still run their games well, they probably will.
EA did that announcement where they said all their biggest franchises would be making it to Wii U. I understand that they've completely backed off in the mean time, but they must have known Wii U could run higher demanding games.
The Wii U is getting the same COD Ghosts game as Xbox One and PS4 with Wii remote and GamePad additions, and free online.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

AlexSays

COD isn't an EA franchise

AlexSays

SCRAPPER392

AlexSays wrote:

I know, but their situations are similar, which is why I brought up COD Ghosts as an example that they aren't giving up on supporting a system that has become more viable in the past 8 months of time.

That's why I was saying you can't expect 8th gen multiplats without Xbox One or PS4 on the market. COD Ghosts is a launch title for Xbox One, and it comes out for Wii U on the same day. The PS4 is actually the only console no one knows the exact release date for, now.

The PS4 will only get the game once it comes out after Nov. 5th, but it won't get th game until Nov. 5th if it launches before then.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

shingi_70

SCAR392 wrote:

AlexSays wrote:

I know, but their situations are similar, which is why I brought up COD Ghosts as an example that they aren't giving up on supporting a system that has become more viable in the past 8 months of time.

That's why I was saying you can't expect 8th gen multiplats without Xbox One or PS4 on the market. COD Ghosts is a launch title for Xbox One, and it comes out for Wii U on the same day. The PS4 is actually the only console no one knows the exact release date for, now.

The PS4 will only get the game once it comes out after Nov. 5th, but it won't get th game until Nov. 5th if it launches before then.

No release date has been given for the Xbox One yet.

WAT!

shingi_70

DePapier wrote:

Are we really having this discussion... ?

Well the thread exists......So.......Yeah.

WAT!

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.