Forums

Topic: Wii U launch discussion

Posts 321 to 340 of 561

Hokori

Well I'm DLing almost all my wii VC titles but having to start over... I wasn't too far in many, but it's still a pain, I think from now on I'm actually going to get serious with my gaming and beat some of these titles 100%

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
W...

e-love

HarmoKnight wrote:

Well I'm DLing almost all my wii VC titles but having to start over... I wasn't too far in many, but it's still a pain, I think from now on I'm actually going to get serious with my gaming and beat some of these titles 100%

Wait, I thought the saved data is supposed to transfer as well?

✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

Super-Mario-Fan

I checked the Target website to see if they had Wii U's available and they did! But before I could order it, it became unavailable again.

Im a big fan of Mario games :)

Im also a nintendo nerd :P
Nintendo inpires me a lot o w o

Hokori

Emaan wrote:

HarmoKnight wrote:

Wait, I thought the saved data is supposed to transfer as well?

Mine didn't for some reason

Digitaloggery
Nintendo of Japan
W...

skywake

People who already have the WiiU won't be interested in this but... I thought it was cool. Been wanting to see a video of this in action for a while:

Populated WaraWara Plaza. Very cool!

Edited on by skywake

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

ThePirateCaptain

Erica_Hartmann wrote:

How do online preorders work anyway? Does it ship on release day, or do they ship, like, before so you get it on or a day after release or something? o.o
Ah well, hopefully I'll get it this week, since it shipped today.
So what's up with that major problem with the huge update?

My online preorder was confirmed on Sunday and it just said to expect it arriving between 11-21-12 and 11-27-12. I don't usually preorder things but so far so good.

ThePirateCaptain

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

LzWinky

skywake wrote:

People who already have the WiiU won't be interested in this but... I thought it was cool. Been wanting to see a video of this in action for a while:

The sheer number of doodles that users did is really cool

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

TysonOfTime

skywake wrote:

That looks like it's gonna be great.
I mean seriously, that's like, ACTUALLY working the way Nintendo said.
Like, an ACTUAL social environment.
Woah.

You don't die until you're dead!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

HaastMK7

Miiverse looks amazing, I wish something similar is coming to the 3ds (of course it wont be the same for the 3DS cause the Wii U has more features and power.)

Miiverse: Haast_NZL
Followers: 855
Follow me! https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Haast_NZL

3DS Friend Code: 0259-0434-4753 | Nintendo Network ID: Haast_NZL

KingDunsparce

skywake wrote:

Wow, that's amazing! It looks a LOT better than I expected.

"I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!" ―Cave Johnson
Join the Chit-Chat Crew! :P

3DS Friend Code: 2938-6384-0441 | Nintendo Network ID: Pikminsi

e-love

The Wara Wara plaza is really neat! Its fun to just see the things people will say and draw.

Just played Nintendo Land with my sister while my family watched. I swear, it was like I was trying to sell a system we already own. "So what does this do the Wii can't?" Those were the questions I had to answer.

Hokori

Emaan wrote:

The Wara Wara plaza is really neat! Its fun to just see the things people will say and draw.

Just played Nintendo Land with my sister while my family watched. I swear, it was like I was trying to sell a system we already own. "So what does this do the Wii can't?" Those were the questions I had to answer.

Yeah I'm deffently thinking of bringing mine to my cousins house (who have wiis) to how them what it does different

Digitaloggery
Nintendo of Japan
W...

Ecto-1

I asked this earlier in the forum, but I want to ask again now that more people have the system, does the disc slot glow? I have heard some people saying it glows white when there is a disc in the system. Is this true? Does it stay on as long as the disc is inserted or does it just blink when you put the disc in. I know it is a really minor thing, but it was something I loved about the original Wii for some odd reason. Thanks.

Boo! I'm a ghost.
Check out my Rytmik songs on Youtube
Colors 3D Gallery

3DS Friend Code: 3566-1553-9977 | Nintendo Network ID: ECTO-1989

e-love

@Ecto, there's a small light LED above the power button that when glowing indicates there's a disc inside the system. The actual disc slot doesn't glow, at least I don't think.

Void

CapnPancakez wrote:

Erica_Hartmann wrote:

How do online preorders work anyway? Does it ship on release day, or do they ship, like, before so you get it on or a day after release or something? o.o
Ah well, hopefully I'll get it this week, since it shipped today.
So what's up with that major problem with the huge update?

My online preorder was confirmed on Sunday and it just said to expect it arriving between 11-21-12 and 11-27-12. I don't usually preorder things but so far so good.

Similar for me, I pre-ordered from Wal-mart, (Because I get an employee discount.) and they said that my Wii U was shipped on Saturday, and it's supposed to come on the 21st.

I used to travel the stars, then I discovered Earth, and these incredibly addicting things called 'Video Games.'
And they said you couldn't buy happiness!

SirSmugleaf

OMG I need a Wii U!!!!!!

Currently playing: Rhythm Heaven, Minecraft (XBLA), Pokemon B/W 2, Halo 4, The Denpa Men: They Came By Wave, Fallblox, Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door (GCN)

Will be playing soon: Paper Mario: Sticker Star, Cave Story +, Wii U: NSMBU, Nintendo Land, (And lots more!)

RedYoshi999

I don't know if it's been asked already, but I'm confused about hard drives on the Wii U. Can you use a portable HDD with just the one USB cable attached? The Nintendo Direct only mentioned HDDs with 2 USB cables (which I've never seen before.) There's a good sale on a portable 1TB HDD until tomorrow so I was going to buy it if it worked on the Wii U.

RedYoshi999

3DS Friend Code: 4682-8576-2407 | Nintendo Network ID: RedYoshi999

Ryno

Alright, I finally got my Wii U updated!

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.