Forums

Topic: Wii U launch discussion

Posts 301 to 320 of 561

PinkSpider

Is everyone happy with the wii u dash board, is it better or worse than say the xbox 360, similar to the wii,hows it look?

3DS Friend code : 2878 9572 9160 PinkSpider
Mario Kart 7 Community code : 54 7436 5412 6010
Wii U I.D : PinkSpider

teus

Magi wrote:

I forgot to mention last night that requiring a charge to my credit card of 50 cents to prove that I'm an adult in order to set up parental controls is silly as hell.

its nintendos way to prove that a parent gave a child permission to set up an account... however it is stupid... its possible to confirm age using a credit card without actually charging anything...
just by running a check to see if the credit card is valid

NintendoID: Lazymutant

e-love

Magi wrote:

I forgot to mention last night that requiring a charge to my credit card of 50 cents to prove that I'm an adult in order to set up parental controls is silly as hell.

I'm under 18, and was honest with my signing up. I was never asked for the 50 cents. Did I do something wrong?

@Wavey, I don't have NSMBU yet! Its unfortunate, but I'm getting it for Christmas this year as I only had enough to get my Deluxe yesterday. Nintendo Land should do just fine for another month, so much fun.

✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

Ryno

WaveBoy wrote:

My Wii U should be arriving tomorrow. And the next day after that I'll finally have my 60" HDTV. Now My excitement level has sky rocketed into solar mega pixels. er?

@emaany'
So how are you liking NSMB.U so far? It's dissapointing that they reused a lot of the familar music from the previous NSMB titles. Hell, even the Koopas and Goomba's still twist and bounce to the "Bah! Bah Bah!" beats. I guess we can all look at this as the final entry for the series and can now look forward to something entirely new for our old pal' mario. As for Nintendo Land... I'm probably the most excited to play that Ninja Castle Shuriken based mini game. Being able fling Shurikens off the Wii U touch screen would even make Ryo Haybusa foam at the mouth.

What TV did you get? You had to beat me out by an inch, didn't you?

So I should be picking up my Wii U tonight, I had to much stuff going on yesterday. I am just going play NintendoLand until after I finish Skyward Sword though.

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

pntjr

Cr1TiKaL wrote:

My Wii U doesn't read discs. New ones or original Wii ones.

When will people learn NEVER TO BUY CONSOLES DAY 1. Wait a couple months then get it because things always screw up day 1. Miiverse already got hacked, thousands of peoples consoles are now bricked, and there are so many hardware issues with people's Wii Us right now, including yours.

3DS: 4596-9579-9606
The BackLoggery of Zelda!
Wii: 5236-6857-3124-9818
PSN: pntjr

3DS Friend Code: 4596-9579-9606 | Nintendo Network ID: pntjrx | Twitter:

TysonOfTime

pntjr wrote:

Cr1TiKaL wrote:

When will people learn NEVER TO BUY CONSOLES DAY 1. Wait a couple months then get it because things always screw up day 1. Miiverse already got hacked, thousands of peoples consoles are now bricked, and there are so many hardware issues with people's Wii Us right now, including yours.

lol it wasn't hacked.
And thousands of consoles bricked?
Source please.

Anyways, about the Disc Issue, contact Nintendo Support. They'll be more helpful than us at this point.

Edited on by TysonOfTime

You don't die until you're dead!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

6ch6ris6

nothing was hacked
"dont turn off the console now" -> "oh lets turn off the console!" -> idiots!
every console has issues. especially at launch

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

e-love

I'm glad I could get mine day 1, it's my first time ever doing that.

TysonOfTime

UGHGNGAHJGOSIGHJKOIDHCKJHSLK

Just figured out that I'm like... number 50-something on the wait list for the next shipment.

Might not be able to get mine in before Christmas.
If that's the case, I'mma just go store scouring.
Bleh...

Edited on by TysonOfTime

You don't die until you're dead!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

PinkSpider

As no one answered my last question im probably wasting my breath (or text) Question is can you only create a Nintendo I.D on the Wii U or is there a Nintendo Website you can do it on

3DS Friend code : 2878 9572 9160 PinkSpider
Mario Kart 7 Community code : 54 7436 5412 6010
Wii U I.D : PinkSpider

Hokori

pntjr wrote:

Cr1TiKaL wrote:

That's why you keep your receipt... If it craps out day one at least you can return it, or sign it up on CN before 90 days and they'll fix it

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
W...

e-love

Charming is the pefect word. This system has personality!

It's no wonder, that the Wii U software director is the same director for the Animal Crossing games. Everything from the music to the visuals, even in the menus, is full of charm.

Joeynator3000

How do online preorders work anyway? Does it ship on release day, or do they ship, like, before so you get it on or a day after release or something? o.o
Ah well, hopefully I'll get it this week, since it shipped today.
So what's up with that major problem with the huge update?

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Super-Mario-Fan

I still can't get a Wii U.....

Im a big fan of Mario games :)

Im also a nintendo nerd :P
Nintendo inpires me a lot o w o

Electricmastro

Can the Wii U gamepad really do this?

Untitled

Backloggery. Now playing: 3D Dot Game Heroes, Donkey Kong, EarthBound Beginnings, Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams, and Pac-Man Championship Edition DX+.

3DS Friend Code: 0216-1196-2417 | Nintendo Network ID: Electricmastro

Joeynator3000

Electricmastro wrote:

Untitled

Depends on how the house was built. My house has REALLY hollow walls, so chances are I'll be able to do this too.

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Electricmastro

Erica_Hartmann wrote:

Electricmastro wrote:

Untitled

Depends on how the house was built. My house has REALLY hollow walls, so chances are I'll be able to do this too.

So that you TOO can can take dumps on toilets while playing with your Wii U!

Wait...

Backloggery. Now playing: 3D Dot Game Heroes, Donkey Kong, EarthBound Beginnings, Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams, and Pac-Man Championship Edition DX+.

Magi

Electricmastro wrote:

Untitled

A guy i work with says he can take his almost everywhere in his house and still stay connected.

Magi

Electricmastro

Magi wrote:

Electricmastro wrote:

Untitled

A guy i work with says he can take his almost everywhere in his house and still stay connected.

Are you serious?!

Does the Wii U have that big of a signal range?

skywake

pntjr wrote:

Cr1TiKaL wrote:

I don't know how the US laws work on this but here in Australia there are federal laws that protect consumers from product faults. Stores aren't allowed to blame the manufacturer or send you to another if a product is faulty and they aren't allowed to have a "no returns" policy. They have to give a full refund or replacement.

MiiVerse wasn't hacked. It's a web browser and someone accidentally found their way to a test page. The test page has now been removed. Peoples consoles have been bricked but that's always going to happen when you give 100,000+ people a 1hour update. Some idiots are going to turn their console off half way.

Electricmastro wrote:

Untitled

It uses 5Ghz WiFi so yeah it can. Problem with that frequency though is that while it gives you pretty awesome bandwidth it's range really sucks. Which is good because there is never much interference but bad because it can't handle walls too well.

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.