Wii U Forum

Topic: Wii U launch discussion

Showing 341 to 360 of 576

AuthorMessage
Avatar

KingDunsparce

341. Posted:

skywake wrote:

People who already have the WiiU won't be interested in this but... I thought it was cool. Been wanting to see a video of this in action for a while:

Populated WaraWara Plaza. Very cool! :)

Wow, that's amazing! It looks a LOT better than I expected. :)

"I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!" ―Cave Johnson
Join the Chit-Chat Crew! :P
Behold: My Sparceloggery
Needs more Dunsparce. Much better

3DS Friend Code: 2938-6384-0441 | Nintendo Network ID: Pikminsi

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Emaan

342. Posted:

The Wara Wara plaza is really neat! Its fun to just see the things people will say and draw.

Just played Nintendo Land with my sister while my family watched. I swear, it was like I was trying to sell a system we already own. "So what does this do the Wii can't?" Those were the questions I had to answer. :p

I believe in make believe~
[20:48] Emaan dances the pikpik emaan;
[20:48] Sensei_PikPik does the pikpik emaan
The Emaaloggery
✰ I'm not really here that often anymore ✰

3DS Friend Code: 0559-6948-0467 | Nintendo Network ID: Emaann

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Hokori

343. Posted:

Emaan wrote:

The Wara Wara plaza is really neat! Its fun to just see the things people will say and draw.

Just played Nintendo Land with my sister while my family watched. I swear, it was like I was trying to sell a system we already own. "So what does this do the Wii can't?" Those were the questions I had to answer. :p

Yeah I'm deffently thinking of bringing mine to my cousins house (who have wiis) to how them what it does different

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
Welcome to my emassary of doom >: }

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Ecto-1

344. Posted:

I asked this earlier in the forum, but I want to ask again now that more people have the system, does the disc slot glow? I have heard some people saying it glows white when there is a disc in the system. Is this true? Does it stay on as long as the disc is inserted or does it just blink when you put the disc in. I know it is a really minor thing, but it was something I loved about the original Wii for some odd reason. Thanks.

Boo! I'm a ghost.
Check out my Rytmik songs on Youtube
Colors 3D Gallery

3DS Friend Code: 3566-1553-9977 | Nintendo Network ID: ECTO-1989

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Emaan

345. Posted:

@Ecto, there's a small light LED above the power button that when glowing indicates there's a disc inside the system. The actual disc slot doesn't glow, at least I don't think.

I believe in make believe~
[20:48] Emaan dances the pikpik emaan;
[20:48] Sensei_PikPik does the pikpik emaan
The Emaaloggery
✰ I'm not really here that often anymore ✰

3DS Friend Code: 0559-6948-0467 | Nintendo Network ID: Emaann

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Void

346. Posted:

CapnPancakez wrote:

Erica_Hartmann wrote:

How do online preorders work anyway? Does it ship on release day, or do they ship, like, before so you get it on or a day after release or something? o.o
Ah well, hopefully I'll get it this week, since it shipped today.
So what's up with that major problem with the huge update?

My online preorder was confirmed on Sunday and it just said to expect it arriving between 11-21-12 and 11-27-12. I don't usually preorder things but so far so good.

Similar for me, I pre-ordered from Wal-mart, (Because I get an employee discount.) and they said that my Wii U was shipped on Saturday, and it's supposed to come on the 21st.

I used to travel the stars, then I discovered Earth, and these incredibly addicting things called 'Video Games.'
And they said you couldn't buy happiness!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SirSmugleaf

347. Posted:

OMG I need a Wii U!!!!!!

Currently playing: Rhythm Heaven, Minecraft (XBLA), Pokemon B/W 2, Halo 4, The Denpa Men: They Came By Wave, Fallblox, Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door (GCN)

Will be playing soon: Paper Mario: Sticker Star, Cave Story +, Wii U: NSMBU, Nintendo Land, (And lots more!)

AuthorMessage
Avatar

RedYoshi999

348. Posted:

I don't know if it's been asked already, but I'm confused about hard drives on the Wii U. Can you use a portable HDD with just the one USB cable attached? The Nintendo Direct only mentioned HDDs with 2 USB cables (which I've never seen before.) There's a good sale on a portable 1TB HDD until tomorrow so I was going to buy it if it worked on the Wii U.

Wii FC: 8618 6010 9640 8956

3DS Friend Code: 4682-8576-2407 | Nintendo Network ID: RedYoshi999

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Ryno

349. Posted:

Alright, I finally got my Wii U updated! :D

To blessed to be stressed.
I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Super-Mario-Fan

350. Posted:

Im still hoping to get one soon!

Im a big fan of Mario games :)

Im also a nintendo nerd :P
Nintendo inpires me a lot o w o

AuthorMessage
Avatar

scrubbyscum999

351. Posted:

WaraWara Plaza and the Miiverse message board is definitely how I wanted it. At least I know when I get a Wii U those things in particular will be good.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5661-0445
Steam:scrubbyscum999

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5661-0445 | Twitter: @scrubbyscum999

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Xiao_Pai

352. Posted:

Void wrote:

CapnPancakez wrote:

Erica_Hartmann wrote:

How do online preorders work anyway? Does it ship on release day, or do they ship, like, before so you get it on or a day after release or something? o.o
Ah well, hopefully I'll get it this week, since it shipped today.
So what's up with that major problem with the huge update?

My online preorder was confirmed on Sunday and it just said to expect it arriving between 11-21-12 and 11-27-12. I don't usually preorder things but so far so good.

Similar for me, I pre-ordered from Wal-mart, (Because I get an employee discount.) and they said that my Wii U was shipped on Saturday, and it's supposed to come on the 21st.

Eh, I'm good then, mine should be here tomorrow. Coolz.

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD
Update: Also love Yukari and Mizore from Rosario + Vampire.
Another Update: Also Yuuki...from School Rumble...
Yet Another Update: Also Amber and Xiao Pai from Rune Factory 4.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Magi

353. Posted:

Emaan wrote:

@Ecto, there's a small light LED above the power button that when glowing indicates there's a disc inside the system. The actual disc slot doesn't glow, at least I don't think.

That's correct.

Currently own: Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, 3DS, iPad, PC's, WP7 Phone and a Vita. Who you callin' a fanboy?!
"Have you ever danced with the devil in the pale moonlight?" -The Joker

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Emaan

354. Posted:

Can I still access my Wii saved data from an SD card? On the Wii mode, without using the transfer?

I don't want everything to leave my Wii, I just want to have my saved data on the Wii U should I ever want to play certain Wii games.

I believe in make believe~
[20:48] Emaan dances the pikpik emaan;
[20:48] Sensei_PikPik does the pikpik emaan
The Emaaloggery
✰ I'm not really here that often anymore ✰

3DS Friend Code: 0559-6948-0467 | Nintendo Network ID: Emaann

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Ryno

355. Posted:

Emaan wrote:

Can I still access my Wii saved data from an SD card? On the Wii mode, without using the transfer?

I don't want everything to leave my Wii, I just want to have my saved data on the Wii U should I ever want to play certain Wii games.

Isn't it an all or nothing proposition? Can you be selective on what you transfer?

To blessed to be stressed.
I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Emaan

356. Posted:

^ Well that's for transferring. Am I able to just access save data from an SD through the Wii mode?

It's similar to how Gamecube memory cards work. I can have it in the Wii and access saved data from there if I were to play Gamecube games with backwards compatibility.Is it not that simple with the Wii U playing Wii games except with an SD instead of a memory card?

This is all a hassle. I don't want to format my Wii of all data just to occasionally play Wii games on my Wii U with saved data intact.

I believe in make believe~
[20:48] Emaan dances the pikpik emaan;
[20:48] Sensei_PikPik does the pikpik emaan
The Emaaloggery
✰ I'm not really here that often anymore ✰

3DS Friend Code: 0559-6948-0467 | Nintendo Network ID: Emaann

AuthorMessage
Avatar

TysonOfTime

357. Posted:

Well. Excuse my earlier upset.
I was able to pick up my Wii U today, but it's being held hostage until Christmas.

Ugghhhhh...

You don't die until you're dead!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Dragonfly224

358. Posted:

TysonQ7 wrote:

Well. Excuse my earlier upset.
I was able to pick up my Wii U today, but it's being held hostage until Christmas.

Ugghhhhh...

Sorry to hear that. I have to check back friday for it in this store

Name: Cindy
My Youtube Channel
Gamertag: Dragonfly224
Playstation Network ID: Tonbo224

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1425-4510 | Nintendo Network ID: Dragonfly224

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Xiao_Pai

359. Posted:

Will be the longest wait for me tomorrow...lol
Then even more wait when I get it and deal with the update. xD

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD
Update: Also love Yukari and Mizore from Rosario + Vampire.
Another Update: Also Yuuki...from School Rumble...
Yet Another Update: Also Amber and Xiao Pai from Rune Factory 4.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

True_Hero

360. Posted:

Erica_Hartmann wrote:

Will be the longest wait for me tomorrow...lol
Then even more wait when I get it and deal with the update. xD

You and me both. But it will be worth it. :)

-The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is. ~Winston Churchill

3DS Friend Code: 1805-2247-0273 | Nintendo Network ID: True_Hero