Topic: Wii U launch discussion

Posts 341 to 360 of 561

Super-Mario-Fan

Im still hoping to get one soon!

Im a big fan of Mario games :)

Im also a nintendo nerd :P
Nintendo inpires me a lot o w o

scrubbyscum999

WaraWara Plaza and the Miiverse message board is definitely how I wanted it. At least I know when I get a Wii U those things in particular will be good.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5661-0445
Steam:scrubbyscum999

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5661-0445 | Twitter:

Joeynator3000

Void wrote:

CapnPancakez wrote:

Erica_Hartmann wrote:

How do online preorders work anyway? Does it ship on release day, or do they ship, like, before so you get it on or a day after release or something? o.o
Ah well, hopefully I'll get it this week, since it shipped today.
So what's up with that major problem with the huge update?

My online preorder was confirmed on Sunday and it just said to expect it arriving between 11-21-12 and 11-27-12. I don't usually preorder things but so far so good.

Similar for me, I pre-ordered from Wal-mart, (Because I get an employee discount.) and they said that my Wii U was shipped on Saturday, and it's supposed to come on the 21st.

Eh, I'm good then, mine should be here tomorrow. Coolz.

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Magi

Emaan wrote:

@Ecto, there's a small light LED above the power button that when glowing indicates there's a disc inside the system. The actual disc slot doesn't glow, at least I don't think.

That's correct.

Magi

e-love

Can I still access my Wii saved data from an SD card? On the Wii mode, without using the transfer?

I don't want everything to leave my Wii, I just want to have my saved data on the Wii U should I ever want to play certain Wii games.

✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

Ryno

Emaan wrote:

Can I still access my Wii saved data from an SD card? On the Wii mode, without using the transfer?

I don't want everything to leave my Wii, I just want to have my saved data on the Wii U should I ever want to play certain Wii games.

Isn't it an all or nothing proposition? Can you be selective on what you transfer?

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

e-love

^ Well that's for transferring. Am I able to just access save data from an SD through the Wii mode?

It's similar to how Gamecube memory cards work. I can have it in the Wii and access saved data from there if I were to play Gamecube games with backwards compatibility.Is it not that simple with the Wii U playing Wii games except with an SD instead of a memory card?

This is all a hassle. I don't want to format my Wii of all data just to occasionally play Wii games on my Wii U with saved data intact.

TysonOfTime

Well. Excuse my earlier upset.
I was able to pick up my Wii U today, but it's being held hostage until Christmas.

Ugghhhhh...

You don't die until you're dead!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

Dragonfly224

TysonQ7 wrote:

Well. Excuse my earlier upset.
I was able to pick up my Wii U today, but it's being held hostage until Christmas.

Ugghhhhh...

Sorry to hear that. I have to check back friday for it in this store

Name: Cindy
My Youtube Channel

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1425-4510 | Nintendo Network ID: Dragonfly224

Joeynator3000

Will be the longest wait for me tomorrow...lol
Then even more wait when I get it and deal with the update. xD

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Auracle

Erica_Hartmann wrote:

You and me both. But it will be worth it.

I foresee what you'll do there.
-The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is. ~Winston Churchill

3DS Friend Code: 1805-2247-0273 | Nintendo Network ID: True_Hero

KingDunsparce

I forget, does Wara Wara Plaza show everyone or just people you know? Because, if it gets to crowded, it would be cool if there were communities you could have on it, as in just showing NL users.

"I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!" ―Cave Johnson
Join the Chit-Chat Crew! :P

3DS Friend Code: 2938-6384-0441 | Nintendo Network ID: Pikminsi

Void

True_Hero wrote:

Erica_Hartmann wrote:

You and me both. But it will be worth it.

With my 1.5 or so MB per second internet speed it might update in 3 hours.
Ah well, I can wait a few additional hours, I've been waiting for like.. What, +2 years now?

I used to travel the stars, then I discovered Earth, and these incredibly addicting things called 'Video Games.'
And they said you couldn't buy happiness!

Xyphon22

So I wasn't planning on getting a Wii U anywhere near launch, but I went to Gamestop and put my name on their waiting list just for fun to see how long it would take them to get new shipments. I was like the 15th name on the list, all for the Deluxe edition. They just called me saying they have one for me. That was fast. Now I just have to decide if I actually want to go get it or not. They're only holding it for me until closing tomorrow, so I have to decide quickly.

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

e-love

Pikminsi wrote:

I forget, does Wara Wara Plaza show everyone or just people you know? Because, if it gets to crowded, it would be cool if there were communities you could have on it, as in just showing NL users.

Its just everyone, not sure if your friends show up especially or not.

PinkSpider

ONLY 9 DAYS LEFT EUROPE!!!!

3DS Friend code : 2878 9572 9160 PinkSpider
Mario Kart 7 Community code : 54 7436 5412 6010
Wii U I.D : PinkSpider

RetroGBHippie92

Hey guys, guess what I'm getting a Wii U!!! I've finally got an answer out of my parents and they're happy with me putting my money up for this machine. I'm not gonna be able to buy it on launch day here in NZ, but that's because it's just too complicated at the moment for me to preorder and pick up on the day.
Does anyone know the full Europe/Australasian launch list? I'm sure there's some titles not being released here, but I already know what I want. I'm hopefully gonna pick up a Premium Wii U bundle, ZombiU and New Super Mario Bros. U, plus maybe a Pro controller.
I'd love to hear from anyone who already has a Wii U to tell me their thoughts on the launch titles though, I'd like not to be suckered into buying something like Rabbids Land. Hmm... gonna need to read some reviews too.

My Nintendo Network ID: NinLiferOMB
Currently Playing: Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates To Infinity (3DS) The Denpa Men 2: Beyond The Waves (eShop)
My Backloggery
3DS FC: 2320 6151 3634
Email me at [email protected]...

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6151-3634 | Nintendo Network ID: NinLiferOMB

skywake

Void wrote:

With my 1.5 or so MB per second internet speed it might update in 3 hours.
Ah well, I can wait a few additional hours, I've been waiting for like.. What, +2 years now?

Actually it's only a 1GB download apparently. People are reporting that it's taking about an hour and the average internet speed is around 9Mbps. So there are two possible ways to look at this.

If it's downloading it at full speed and then that means you're waiting for the console to verify stuffs so about 45mins of that hour doesn't involve downloading. In that case you'll be waiting for about 2hours 15mins on your what I'm going to assume is 1.5Mbps (not "1.5MB") 'nets. If however the server was loaded at the time and people were limited to ~2.2Mbps as a result it means you'd only have to wait 1hour 30mins.... while everyone is by then only waiting 15mins.

Edited on by skywake

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

Jaz007

Not sure if this has been mentioned before, but has anyone else experienced loading problems? I experienced an infinity load on the e-shop the first time I got on it and I had to pull the plug on the system (it wasn't a lack a paitence I waited 40-50 minutes) and I had the problem again while playing arkham city which made me quit the game.

p.s the Wii U is awsome!

Jaz007

Magi

RetroGBHippie92 wrote:

...I'm hopefully gonna pick up a Premium Wii U bundle, ZombiU and New Super Mario Bros. U...

Those are the same two games I picked up (Buy 1 get one 40% of at Target when they price matched Toys R Us) and I've been happy with my purchase so far. I've got a coworker that picked up NSMBU and the Scribblenauts game and he's happy with his purchase so far too.

Magi

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.