Forums

Topic: Wii U is safe from the NX!? Seems to be true

Posts 221 to 240 of 582

TuVictus

UGXwolf wrote:

PaperMario64 wrote:

I think we can all agree that we would rather have a new Metroid Prime on the Wii U, then a spin-off on the 3DS...

Aside from the obvious fact that Federation Force isn't stopping Prime 4 from existing, no, actually. I rather like the idea of a multiplayer co-op shooter I can play with my friends.

That's arguable. The Prime director is working FF, clearly he wouldn't be able to work on Prime 4 if he's hard at work on this one, unless he'd trust development to the dev team without him. But as he's already confirmed, there's no Prime 4 in development. Perhaps if he didn't start work on this one, he would have started work on Prime 4 for Wii U a few years ago.

TuVictus

DefHalan

Wouldn't a smaller budgetted game on a system with a larger install base better lead to it being a success, and showing Nintendo the series is on demand for them to risk another console title while also introducing new players to a franchise they may not have know about before? Making a Spin-Off gives new players a better jumping on point.

I look at it as getting Federation Force is better than not getting a Metroid at all. What if they took that time and those resources to make a New Super Mario Bros. 3?

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

UGXwolf

arronishere wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

PaperMario64 wrote:

I think we can all agree that we would rather have a new Metroid Prime on the Wii U, then a spin-off on the 3DS...

Aside from the obvious fact that Federation Force isn't stopping Prime 4 from existing, no, actually. I rather like the idea of a multiplayer co-op shooter I can play with my friends.

Not necessarily, Federation Force flops so Ninty decides Metroid Prime isn't in demand and don't bother with another game for awhile/reboot it Other M style. Your also working on the basis a home console version wouldn't have multiplayer options which might be unlikely since Ninty has been investing into it recently and even Federation Force was considered for the Wii U at one point but decided it was too much effort.

Gonna go ahead and shoot this theory down. Fed Force is a spin-off and doesn't profess to be any more than that.nintendo expects spin-offs not to do as well as the main series titles. If they did , that'd just highlight a problem with the main series. Contrary to popular belief, Nintendo isn't stupid or blind. They know what fans want, but right now, that's not what's coming. If Fed Force doesn't do well, odds are that'll tell Nintendo that the fams of the Prime series aren't gonna be ok with Windwaker graphics in their Prime title.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

UGXwolf

arronishere wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

PaperMario64 wrote:

Not necessarily, Federation Force flops so Ninty decides Metroid Prime isn't in demand and don't bother with another game for awhile/reboot it Other M style. Your also working on the basis a home console version wouldn't have multiplayer options which might be unlikely since Ninty has been investing into it recently and even Federation Force was considered for the Wii U at one point but decided it was too much effort.

Gonna go ahead and shoot this theory down. Fed Force is a spin-off and doesn't profess to be any more than that.nintendo expects spin-offs not to do as well as the main series titles. If they did , that'd just highlight a problem with the main series. Contrary to popular belief, Nintendo isn't stupid or blind. They know what fans want, but right now, that's not what's coming. If Fed Force doesn't do well, odds are that'll tell Nintendo that the fams of the Prime series aren't gonna be ok with Windwaker graphics in their Prime title.

rallydefault

skywake wrote:

rallydefault wrote:

Sorry, but I think I hit the nail right on the... should I say it? Head! Oh!

Umm, I don't think you get it. Maybe you should read the bit you quoted. Twice. Maybe then you'll kinda get what I was actually saying. But just to repeat it for the... fourth time? Fifth? I've lost count at this point.....

I wasn't saying that the NX would be a minor revision. I think it is damn clear that whatever this thing is it will replace either the 3DS or Wii U. Maybe both (probably not both). That wasn't my point or infact anything to do with either my post or the post I was responding to. All I was saying is that we can't rule out something that replaces the 3DS just because the New 3DS exists. Even if they release the non-XL New 3DS in the US in a year that means nothing. Because the New 3DS is a minor revision, they've released plenty of brand new platforms soon after minor revisions. They've even released some minor revisions AFTER the release of a brand new platform. I even listed some of them which you then went and re-listed making it even more weird that you didn't seem to understand what I was saying.

I mean if people want to argue that the Wii U was shafted at E3? Well there's a case to be made there. 2016 and beyond for the Wii U is not looking fantastic and I'd agree. But if the Wii U was shafted then the New 3DS was entirely absent. There were 3DS titles at E3, quite a few infact. None of them were New 3DS exclusive. The New 3DS is a nice revision and it is the 3DS worth getting if you're in the market for a 3DS. But it's more DSi than Gameboy Color and there aren't any signs of that changing.

I agree. The only thing that is for sure is that the NX will replace the Wii U, as I've been saying. Now, will it ALSO replace the 3DS? Perhaps. Perhaps not. Nobody except Nintendo knows until they decide to reveal more.

Carry on, good sir.

rallydefault

Sleepingmudkip

I would not be surprised if Nintendo stops making a dedicated handheld because they are making smart phone games and splitting teams to make games on different consoles is alot of work.

Playing: Wargroove on Switch and Fire Emblem on GBA

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7674-9891 | Nintendo Network ID: lionel1 | Twitter:

dazzybee

Bolt_Strike wrote:

Octane wrote:

Well, why not sell your Wii U and get another console? Oh wait, my bad, you don't even own a Wii U, and you haven't even played these soulless nostalgia fueled games.

And that matters why?

dazzybee wrote:

Bloody hell, I came here from N Europe because that place has become utterly unbearable. Is this place just everyone fighting all the time too

If you're looking for positivity, you might want to stay away from anything Nintendo related for at least a year. Nintendo's current direction is leaving a bad taste in the fanbase's mouth, you'd be hard pressed to find someone that actually supports them.

Ha, not bothered about people being negative about Nintendo, when it's called for. It's whether people are troll dicks that bother me

dazzybee

Dreamsleep

Sleepingmudkip wrote:

I would not be surprised if Nintendo stops making a dedicated handheld because they are making smart phone games and splitting teams to make games on different consoles is alot of work.

That is never going to happen, the whole point of the NX software is to go the Apple route, and have tons of different versions of hardware. You aren't going to see less hardware, you are going to see more. Again, like Apple...different versions of the iPhone, different versions of the iPad, etc.,

Atari 2600, Commodore 64/128, Sega Genesis, 32X, Sega CD, PC, Dreamcast, PS1, PS2, Wii, PSP, DSi, PS3, 3DSXL, WiiU

UGXwolf

rallydefault wrote:

skywake wrote:

rallydefault wrote:

Umm, I don't think you get it. Maybe you should read the bit you quoted. Twice. Maybe then you'll kinda get what I was actually saying. But just to repeat it for the... fourth time? Fifth? I've lost count at this point.....

I wasn't saying that the NX would be a minor revision. I think it is damn clear that whatever this thing is it will replace either the 3DS or Wii U. Maybe both (probably not both). That wasn't my point or infact anything to do with either my post or the post I was responding to. All I was saying is that we can't rule out something that replaces the 3DS just because the New 3DS exists. Even if they release the non-XL New 3DS in the US in a year that means nothing. Because the New 3DS is a minor revision, they've released plenty of brand new platforms soon after minor revisions. They've even released some minor revisions AFTER the release of a brand new platform. I even listed some of them which you then went and re-listed making it even more weird that you didn't seem to understand what I was saying.

I mean if people want to argue that the Wii U was shafted at E3? Well there's a case to be made there. 2016 and beyond for the Wii U is not looking fantastic and I'd agree. But if the Wii U was shafted then the New 3DS was entirely absent. There were 3DS titles at E3, quite a few infact. None of them were New 3DS exclusive. The New 3DS is a nice revision and it is the 3DS worth getting if you're in the market for a 3DS. But it's more DSi than Gameboy Color and there aren't any signs of that changing.

I agree. The only thing that is for sure is that the NX will replace the Wii U, as I've been saying. Now, will it ALSO replace the 3DS? Perhaps. Perhaps not. Nobody except Nintendo knows until they decide to reveal more.

Carry on, good sir.

We're not sure about it replacing the Wii U. The only things pointing to that are mass fan speculation and hysteria and Tanabe's comment, which would only have real weight if the NX was far enough along for him to be developing on, which as he just finished a game, I'm not so sure would be the case, though I suppose he could also be lying about not working on Prime 4 at this time.

Bolt_Strike

UGXwolf wrote:

rallydefault wrote:

skywake wrote:

rallydefault wrote:

Carry on, good sir.

We're not sure about it replacing the Wii U. The only things pointing to that are mass fan speculation and hysteria and Tanabe's comment, which would only have real weight if the NX was far enough along for him to be developing on, which as he just finished a game, I'm not so sure would be the case, though I suppose he could also be lying about not working on Prime 4 at this time.

Why would Tanabe lie about Prime 4? There's no reason to get the fans so riled up with a statement like that if it's not true.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

martinskrtel37

PaperMario64 wrote:

martinskrtel37 wrote:

Surely people understand why they're expanding the "Metroid Universe" though right? It's because kids these days have no idea what Metroid is, I mean outside people telling them about an old game, and seeing her in Smash and the like. Also, there isn't even a team, they put together a new team to make these new games. Y'all would've been mad if they just jumped like noobs into Prime 4 and it wasn't good. They can't just put an AAA title out like that.

So it makes total sense for them to let kids know that Metroid is another Nintendo franchise, it has a universe, they should delve into it, because there's probably a full-fledged Metroid adventure coming for them on the NX.

Yeah, because video games are really hard these days...

jazzer edits everyones posts so i don't know what you originally meant here, i never said anything about how hard or easy games were!

Octane wrote:

everyone needs to relax and enjoy the games that are released today and stop worrying what Nintendo will do in a year or two from now.

3DS Friend Code: 0130-1906-5039 | Nintendo Network ID: martinskrtel37

UGXwolf

Bolt_Strike wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

rallydefault wrote:

skywake wrote:

rallydefault wrote:

Carry on, good sir.

Why would Tanabe lie about Prime 4? There's no reason to get the fans so riled up with a statement like that if it's not true.

I don't think I said he lied. I was simply pointing out that unless he did, he likely wouldn't know what the NX is or isn't doing, unless of course he's already working on somethig for it, which as Prime 4 would at least be three years off, would put launch in 2018 at the latest. Of course, that's if you assume Prime 4 is a launch title. So I suppose you can argue that it's the next console, but it still doesn't necessarily cut the Wii U's lifespan short, which would be the real point of the argument from a U-owner's perspective. There's no real evidence of a successor coming any sooner than 2018. (There's more to this, of course. I doubt they'll waot that long, but all analyses point to next year being horrible timing for a successor.

skywake

rallydefault wrote:

Carry on, good sir.

I don't think you understand how responding to a post works. So perhaps I should return the favour? I mean I agree with your sentiment here that the NX is a handheld device. I just don't think it's "100% confirmed" here as you claim. It was also inappropriate of you to here in this post that I'm quoting claim that Iwata has gone through gender reassignment surgery. I don't know where that came from. But there it is, in your post, black and white. It's quite absurd really. Especially given you say there in that post that you know all this through the Illuminati and their ties to Nintendo through secret military operations.

I really don't know where you come up with this stuff. But there it is in that bit above that I quoted. Plain as day.

Edited on by skywake

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

Sean_Aaron

I don't know why people assume the lack of a Metroid U preview at E3 means that Nintendo hasn't got a Metroid game coming for Wii U. Reggie pretty clearly stated that they don't like to do reveals until they have more than a little trailer to show and do I really need to point out that Metroid Prime isn't the only Metroid game in the universe? You could quite easily have a sequel to Other M being worked on which wouldn't invalidate the statement made about Prime 4 and prove the idea "no new Metroid for Wii U" false. I'm not trying to be pie in the sky here, just pointing out how fallacious some folk's logic is. And NONE OF THIS is worth getting angry about.

BLOG, mail: [email protected]
Nintendo ID: sean.aaron

Araquanid

Sean_Aaron wrote:

I don't know why people assume the lack of a Metroid U preview at E3 means that Nintendo hasn't got a Metroid game coming for Wii U. Reggie pretty clearly stated that they don't like to do reveals until they have more than a little trailer to show and do I really need to point out that Metroid Prime isn't the only Metroid game in the universe? You could quite easily have a sequel to Other M being worked on which wouldn't invalidate the statement made about Prime 4 and prove the idea "no new Metroid for Wii U" false. I'm not trying to be pie in the sky here, just pointing out how fallacious some folk's logic is. And NONE OF THIS is worth getting angry about.

Iwata clearly said no new metroid game is in development. We always know when a game is in development.. Just they never show us exactly what they were working.

In this case, their team is simply not working on a new metroid, at all.

3DS FC: 0774-5098-1425
Pokemon Sun IGN: Joe
My Shinies
(User name changed in November 2016, MegaBeedrill)

3DS Friend Code: 0774-5098-1425 | Nintendo Network ID: FreakyMantis17 | Twitter:

rallydefault

skywake wrote:

rallydefault wrote:

Carry on, good sir.

I don't think you understand how responding to a post works. So perhaps I should return the favour? I mean I agree with your sentiment here that the NX is a handheld device. I just don't think it's "100% confirmed" here as you claim. It was also inappropriate of you to here in this post that I'm quoting claim that Iwata has gone through gender reassignment surgery. I don't know where that came from. But there it is, in your post, black and white. It's quite absurd really. Especially given you say there in that post that you know all this through the Illuminati and their ties to Nintendo through secret military operations.

I really don't know where you come up with this stuff. But there it is in that bit above that I quoted. Plain as day.

I'm sorry. 101% confirmed.

I like you more and more.

Sadly, I don't like @UGXwolf quite as much. He/she seems overly mean and frustrated with the world. Go give your Wii U a hug. I know I just did. (Not yours, mind you, but mine. Mine.)

Edited on by rallydefault

rallydefault

spizzamarozzi

I was doing a bit of calculation and I thought that the worst case scenario is that the WiiU (which is 2.5 years old) is halfway in its lifespan. Five years is standard, or at least it was before last generation, which slightly stretched the mark because the industry was so profitable. The Revolution was announced more or less at this point in time in the life of GameCube, but that didn't mean they stopped supporting the machine all together.
Why would they let WiiU die? Just to piss off the 10 million owners, thus losing their next purchase?!
The fact that the next system is out in a few years doesn't mean that all the existing WiiU projects have now been moved to the next machine. Why would they?! Some stuff will surely find a better home on the next system (see the Pikmin 3 transition) but that doesn't mean that all their biggest titles will be postponed to the new console. Can you imagine 2 entire years without Nintendo releasing a single big franchise game?! It's not possible.
And if E3 was really a clear sign of things to come, we all should have packed up and left this hobby after their 2008 E3...

Top-10 games I played in 2017: The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild (WiiU) - Rogue Legacy (PS3) - Fallout 3 (PS3) - Red Dead Redemption (PS3) - Guns of Boom (MP) - Sky Force Reloaded (MP) - ...

3DS Friend Code: 0104-0649-7464 | Nintendo Network ID: spizzamarozzi

rallydefault

spizzamarozzi wrote:

I was doing a bit of calculation and I thought that the worst case scenario is that the WiiU (which is 2.5 years old) is halfway in its lifespan. Five years is standard, or at least it was before last generation, which slightly stretched the mark because the industry was so profitable. The Revolution was announced more or less at this point in time in the life of GameCube, but that didn't mean they stopped supporting the machine all together.
Why would they let WiiU die? Just to piss off the 10 million owners, thus losing their next purchase?!
The fact that the next system is out in a few years doesn't mean that all the existing WiiU projects have now been moved to the next machine. Why would they?! Some stuff will surely find a better home on the next system (see the Pikmin 3 transition) but that doesn't mean that all their biggest titles will be postponed to the new console. Can you imagine 2 entire years without Nintendo releasing a single big franchise game?! It's not possible.
And if E3 was really a clear sign of things to come, we all should have packed up and left this hobby after their 2008 E3...

Lots of good points. So let's be honest: We're still going to get Yoshi, Mario Maker, Star Fox, and Zelda on the Wii U (though Zelda may pull a Twilight Princess and be on NX as well). We're also going to get that Fire Emblem game on Wii U, right? So yea, that's all pretty awesome. And really, if you step back and rationally think about it, that's a pretty great lineup for the next year or two. I mean, Microsoft/Sony fans get about the same or fewer number of first-party titles every year or two.

But the thing that hurts us so much is that, for the most part, this may be MOST of what we get in terms of meaty, "big" releases on the Wii U for about two years. So...five or six games for a piece of hardware. Is that enough for you? I think the answer to that question varies by person, to be honest.

rallydefault

spizzamarozzi

rallydefault wrote:

But the thing that hurts us so much is that, for the most part, this may be MOST of what we get in terms of meaty, "big" releases on the Wii U for about two years.

No. Beside Zelda, all the games mentioned will be released in the next 6 months (possibly Fire Emblem a bit later but that's it).
If the general vibe was true, it would mean that WiiU will get games for the next 6 months, then a 2 year hiatus, then finally the NX arrives. Nintendo can't financially afford to keep the WiiU in a coma for 2 years. It means losing every customer on earth.

If they really didn't have any new big game, they would have smeared the release dates of the announced games across the two years instead of releasing most of them in the upcoming months. The didn't ➡ they have stuff in the pipeline.

Top-10 games I played in 2017: The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild (WiiU) - Rogue Legacy (PS3) - Fallout 3 (PS3) - Red Dead Redemption (PS3) - Guns of Boom (MP) - Sky Force Reloaded (MP) - ...

3DS Friend Code: 0104-0649-7464 | Nintendo Network ID: spizzamarozzi

rallydefault

spizzamarozzi wrote:

rallydefault wrote:

But the thing that hurts us so much is that, for the most part, this may be MOST of what we get in terms of meaty, "big" releases on the Wii U for about two years.

No. Beside Zelda, all the games mentioned will be released in the next 6 months (possibly Fire Emblem a bit later but that's it).
If the general vibe was true, it would mean that WiiU will get games for the next 6 months, then a 2 year hiatus, then finally the NX arrives. Nintendo can't financially afford to keep the WiiU in a coma for 2 years. It means losing every customer on earth.

If they really didn't have any new big game, they would have smeared the release dates of the announced games across the two years instead of releasing most of them in the upcoming months. The didn't ➡ they have stuff in the pipeline.

Trust me - as a Wii U owner, I sure hope you're right.

I just don't think you are.

I think we've pretty much seen what Nintendo has in terms of "big" games for the rest of the Wii U's life span. I really do. You can disagree with me, and everyone else on this forum can disagree with me, but gosh-golly I think I'm right, unfortunately. After the upcoming fall/holiday releases (and they are AWESOME - I mean, Star Fox! We've been waiting for so long!), I think things are going to get pretty real around here as Nintendo drops the NX bomb. Just you wait and see. We'll know details on the NX early in 2016, and I bet we'll have our hands on it before 2017.

You heard it here first. Or second. Or whatever.

rallydefault

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.