Forums

Topic: Wii U is safe from the NX!? Seems to be true

Posts 241 to 260 of 582

TuVictus

After the Wii essentially died after Skyward Sword in 2011 (thank goodness NoA localized those JRPG's), I have little hope for the Wii U's final year. Whenever that may be.

TuVictus

UGXwolf

rallydefault wrote:

spizzamarozzi wrote:

rallydefault wrote:

But the thing that hurts us so much is that, for the most part, this may be MOST of what we get in terms of meaty, "big" releases on the Wii U for about two years.

No. Beside Zelda, all the games mentioned will be released in the next 6 months (possibly Fire Emblem a bit later but that's it).
If the general vibe was true, it would mean that WiiU will get games for the next 6 months, then a 2 year hiatus, then finally the NX arrives. Nintendo can't financially afford to keep the WiiU in a coma for 2 years. It means losing every customer on earth.

If they really didn't have any new big game, they would have smeared the release dates of the announced games across the two years instead of releasing most of them in the upcoming months. The didn't ➡ they have stuff in the pipeline.

Trust me - as a Wii U owner, I sure hope you're right.

I just don't think you are.

I think we've pretty much seen what Nintendo has in terms of "big" games for the rest of the Wii U's life span. I really do. You can disagree with me, and everyone else on this forum can disagree with me, but gosh-golly I think I'm right, unfortunately. After the upcoming fall/holiday releases (and they are AWESOME - I mean, Star Fox! We've been waiting for so long!), I think things are going to get pretty real around here as Nintendo drops the NX bomb. Just you wait and see. We'll know details on the NX early in 2016, and I bet we'll have our hands on it before 2017.

You heard it here first. Or second. Or whatever.

People always seem to think like this after E3. "Nintendo has shown us all they have, now. It's clearly over." Then that turns out to be wrong every time. Not even a full year later, Nintendo starts announcing more games and building the hype bombs. This year, those bombs were duds, but that seems to be the exception. Not the rule. I don't claim to know when Nintendo will see fit to drop another Direct. I'd suggest mid-July to drum up interest in Indie support and Splatoon updates for the rest of the Summer and maybe redouble their efforts to really kill it on the Fall line-up. Starting in September, we know we're getting Mario Maker, Woolly World, Rodea, Guitar Hero Live, Skylanders Super Chargers, Fatal Frame, Star Fox, Amiibo Party, and Xenoblade X, and as that line-up winds down, I'd be shocked if we didn't get a Spring line-up. We'll probably get our first NX details at the Financial Briefing with the promise of more info to cone at E3, where I think Nintendo will finally take to the stage again, now that they have hardware to show off. After that, the series of events is anyone's guess, but I don't see a home console dropping until holiday 2017, and I'm gonna stand by that until Nintendo gives me reason to believe otherwise.

On a side note, I'm actually a pretty nice guy, for the most part. I just tend to sound agitated online because I wrote really large posts and enjoy arguments and debates. Trust me, my U receives plenty of love.

Edited on by UGXwolf

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Grumblevolcano

@UGXwolf I also think there will be a mid-July Direct. Sure last year didn't have one until early August but the big difference there was nothing really happening until September both in terms of new games and other stuff. I could see details of the big Splatoon update, Devil's Third (including NA release date), new Fatal Frame info (there's rumours about it being eshop exclusive in NA), Tournament mode in Smash in addition to Wolf/Young Link reveal, other E3 games and a few 2015 surprises.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

PaperMario64

martinskrtel37 wrote:

PaperMario64 wrote:

martinskrtel37 wrote:

Surely people understand why they're expanding the "Metroid Universe" though right? It's because kids these days have no idea what Metroid is, I mean outside people telling them about an old game, and seeing her in Smash and the like. Also, there isn't even a team, they put together a new team to make these new games. Y'all would've been mad if they just jumped like noobs into Prime 4 and it wasn't good. They can't just put an AAA title out like that.

So it makes total sense for them to let kids know that Metroid is another Nintendo franchise, it has a universe, they should delve into it, because there's probably a full-fledged Metroid adventure coming for them on the NX.

Yeah, because video games are really hard these days...

jazzer edits everyones posts so i don't know what you originally meant here, i never said anything about how hard or easy games were!

I must have misunderstood you. It seemed to me like you ment new players (noobs) needed an easy game to get in the Metroid-series.

After a closer look I dunno what the**** you are actually tring to say!

PaperMario64

jump

I think they might have meant noobs as in new people making the Prime 4, if that's the case it's an odd choice of words.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Sean_Aaron

@UGXwolf I totally agree. I mean last year's E3 was really good for Nintendo, but honestly that's the only one I can think of offhand. This E3 feels more like a return to form, but it's no surprise that after they knocked it out of the park last year people would be disappointed. I think folk just have short memories regarding how ho-hum preceding Nintendo E3 years were along with the predisposition to drama on gaming message boards about everything.

BLOG, mail: [email protected]
Nintendo ID: sean.aaron

KryptoniteKrunch

UGXwolf wrote:

rallydefault wrote:

spizzamarozzi wrote:

rallydefault wrote:

But the thing that hurts us so much is that, for the most part, this may be MOST of what we get in terms of meaty, "big" releases on the Wii U for about two years.

No. Beside Zelda, all the games mentioned will be released in the next 6 months (possibly Fire Emblem a bit later but that's it).
If the general vibe was true, it would mean that WiiU will get games for the next 6 months, then a 2 year hiatus, then finally the NX arrives. Nintendo can't financially afford to keep the WiiU in a coma for 2 years. It means losing every customer on earth.

If they really didn't have any new big game, they would have smeared the release dates of the announced games across the two years instead of releasing most of them in the upcoming months. The didn't ➡ they have stuff in the pipeline.

Trust me - as a Wii U owner, I sure hope you're right.

I just don't think you are.

I think we've pretty much seen what Nintendo has in terms of "big" games for the rest of the Wii U's life span. I really do. You can disagree with me, and everyone else on this forum can disagree with me, but gosh-golly I think I'm right, unfortunately. After the upcoming fall/holiday releases (and they are AWESOME - I mean, Star Fox! We've been waiting for so long!), I think things are going to get pretty real around here as Nintendo drops the NX bomb. Just you wait and see. We'll know details on the NX early in 2016, and I bet we'll have our hands on it before 2017.

You heard it here first. Or second. Or whatever.

People always seem to think like this after E3. "Nintendo has shown us all they have, now. It's clearly over." Then that turns out to be wrong every time. Not even a full year later, Nintendo starts announcing more games and building the hype bombs. This year, those bombs were duds, but that seems to be the exception. Not the rule. I don't claim to know when Nintendo will see fit to drop another Direct. I'd suggest mid-July to drum up interest in Indie support and Splatoon updates for the rest of the Summer and maybe redouble their efforts to really kill it on the Fall line-up. Starting in September, we know we're getting Mario Maker, Woolly World, Rodea, Guitar Hero Live, Skylanders Super Chargers, Fatal Frame, Star Fox, Amiibo Party, and Xenoblade X, and as that line-up winds down, I'd be shocked if we didn't get a Spring line-up. We'll probably get our first NX details at the Financial Briefing with the promise of more info to cone at E3, where I think Nintendo will finally take to the stage again, now that they have hardware to show off. After that, the series of events is anyone's guess, but I don't see a home console dropping until holiday 2017, and I'm gonna stand by that until Nintendo gives me reason to believe otherwise.

On a side note, I'm actually a pretty nice guy, for the most part. I just tend to sound agitated online because I wrote really large posts and enjoy arguments and debates. Trust me, my U receives plenty of love.

Great post and I agree. We always get plenty of Directs in the year to hold us over, some Directs bigger and better than others. For example the one this year back in February(?) when they revealed Fire Emblem If/Fates, Project Treasure, announced Wii games for Wii U etc. etc. That was a really solid Direct to hype us early in the year. And yeah, July/August/September is a safe bet for another big Direct.

I'm also with you on the NX; full reveal in 2016 but doesn't launch until 2017 which is par for the course for Nintendo.

KryptoniteKrunch

Nintendo Network ID: KryptoniteKrunch

rallydefault

@UGXwolf

Hey, no hard feelings, and good to hear - my Wii U is absolutely my favorite system. And like I said, nothing would make me happier than for me to be wrong on this. I mean, two more years of awesome Nintendo games for a console I purchased day one? Heck yea, of course I want that! I've already said time and time again that the Wii U just may go down in history as the strangest console ever: It has the absolute best games of the generation, yet for some reason just didn't receive commerical love. I'll never understand what gamers have "evolved" into.

rallydefault

spizzamarozzi

rallydefault wrote:

I'll never understand what gamers have "evolved" into.

people who think they can predict the fate of a company based on a 45 minute long video presentation.
I mean, if gamers believed less in their own conjectures and more in what they actually have in front of their eyes, WiiU would have probably sold a lot more units.

Top-10 games I played in 2017: The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild (WiiU) - Rogue Legacy (PS3) - Fallout 3 (PS3) - Red Dead Redemption (PS3) - Guns of Boom (MP) - Sky Force Reloaded (MP) - ...

3DS Friend Code: 0104-0649-7464 | Nintendo Network ID: spizzamarozzi

shaneoh

spizzamarozzi wrote:

rallydefault wrote:

people who think they can predict the fate of a company based on a 45 minute long video presentation.

And future products based on a picture and a handful of quotes that could have been either mistranslated or taken entirely out of context

The Greatest love story ever, Rosie Love (part 33 done)
The collective noun for a group of lunatics is a forum. A forum of lunatics.
I'm belligerent, you were warned.

Haru17

Guys... E3 is E3, that is, nothing less than the single most important event in any AAA game's marketing plan. For entire companies, then? It's kinda important, just a little bit...

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

spizzamarozzi

Haru17 wrote:

Guys... E3 is E3, that is, nothing less than the single most important event in any AAA game's marketing plan. For entire companies, then? It's kinda important, just a little bit...

@Haru17 it's an important window to get yourself noticed by the press and the gaming community, but it's debatable whether or not the "average gamer", the one who doesn't follow the news daily, really cares for E3 that much - especially outside the US. Many companies have stayed out of E3 for many years and still produced and sold commercially successful games. Nintendo has sold incredibly well when they screwed up their conference and sold poorly when they nailed it.
Many games that get announced get delayed, cancelled or not delivered the way they were presented. And by the time they are out, people have already forgotten about the previous E3 and started to get hyped for the next one. It's pretty much just like a political campaign based on promises that might or might not turn into reality. And it's not much about the content but about the buzz this potential content creates...and the following week everything comes back to normal.

What I'm trying to say is that there is no real way to judge things based on a E3 conference. E3 exist only as an opulent celebration of the videogame industry, nothing more, nothing less.

Top-10 games I played in 2017: The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild (WiiU) - Rogue Legacy (PS3) - Fallout 3 (PS3) - Red Dead Redemption (PS3) - Guns of Boom (MP) - Sky Force Reloaded (MP) - ...

3DS Friend Code: 0104-0649-7464 | Nintendo Network ID: spizzamarozzi

PaperMario64

spizzamarozzi wrote:

rallydefault wrote:

I mean, if gamers believed less in their own conjectures and more in what they actually have in front of their eyes, WiiU would have probably sold a lot more units.

So the Wii U would been a greater success if I did some soul searching and self-realization?

spizzamarozzi wrote:

Haru17 wrote:

@Haru17 it's an important window to get yourself noticed by the press and the gaming community, but it's debatable whether or not the "average gamer", the one who doesn't follow the news daily, really cares for E3 that much - especially outside the US. Many companies have stayed out of E3 for many years and still produced and sold commercially successful games. Nintendo has sold incredibly well when they screwed up their conference and sold poorly when they nailed it.
Many games that get announced get delayed, cancelled or not delivered the way they were presented. And by the time they are out, people have already forgotten about the previous E3 and started to get hyped for the next one. It's pretty much just like a political campaign based on promises that might or might not turn into reality. And it's not much about the content but about the buzz this potential content creates...and the following week everything comes back to normal.

What I'm trying to say is that there is no real way to judge things based on a E3 conference. E3 exist only as an opulent celebration of the videogame industry, nothing more, nothing less.

You could be the next president of NoA.

PaperMario64

UGXwolf

Haru17 wrote:

Except, you know... The obvious fact that Nintendo doesn't hold E3 in high regards and tends to consider it just an excuse to put out a Direct, as has been the case three years running.

Haru17

UGXwolf wrote:

Haru17 wrote:

Except, you know... The obvious fact that Nintendo doesn't hold E3 in high regards and tends to consider it just an excuse to put out a Direct, as has been the case three years running.

Yeah, it's not like they announced three of the Wii U's biggest titles last year, or that they announced the rest of the 3DS and Wii U's late-2015 to Q2 2016 lineup this year, or anything.

UGXwolf

They had the opportunity to get Splatoon into people's hands. Of course they played it up at E3. That doesn't mean Nintendo holds E3 in high regards. They've been quite content with non-presentation-style announcements, show floor demos, viewer participation, and gaming events to get the point across rather than servicing the press like every other company. Let me ask you, how many of E3's goers do you think aren't affiliated with some press group or another?

EDIT: Also, what three games are you talking about? We already knew about all of the biggest games shown at E3 last year aside from Splatoon.

Edited on by UGXwolf

Haru17

UGXwolf wrote:

EDIT: Also, what three games are you talking about? We already knew about all of the biggest games shown at E3 last year aside from Splatoon.

Zelda U, Splatoon, and Star Fox.

They had the opportunity to get Splatoon into people's hands. Of course they played it up at E3. That doesn't mean Nintendo holds E3 in high regards.

So, what I hear you saying is that E3 is important... which is what I was saying...

They've been quite content with non-presentation-style announcements, show floor demos, viewer participation, and gaming events to get the point across rather than servicing the press like every other company. Let me ask you, how many of E3's goers do you think aren't affiliated with some press group or another?

Most people at press events are, in fact, press.

And, man, everyone just go back and read the OP again. it's priceless! The perfect example of 'spoke too soon.'

UGXwolf

Haru17 wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

Zelda U, Splatoon, and Star Fox.

They had the opportunity to get Splatoon into people's hands. Of course they played it up at E3. That doesn't mean Nintendo holds E3 in high regards.

So, what I hear you saying is that E3 is important... which is what I was saying...

They've been quite content with non-presentation-style announcements, show floor demos, viewer participation, and gaming events to get the point across rather than servicing the press like every other company. Let me ask you, how many of E3's goers do you think aren't affiliated with some press group or another?

Most people at press events are, in fact, press.

And, man, everyone just go back and read the OP again. it's priceless! The perfect example of 'spoke too soon.'

Zelda U wasn't announced at E3, though. Also, I didn't say E3 wasn't important. I said Nintendo doesn't hold it in high regard. Also, E3 didn't used to be a press-exclusive thing. The press are vultures, anyways, for the most part.

Haru17

The press fulfill a demand for information. If you're upset at the 'press,' then direct your attention towards cable news networks, namely the US ones.

All we knew about Zelda U was 'there will be another 3D Zelda on Nintendo's latest console,' which is duh. Everyone knew that much regardless of interviews, so all that mattered was announced at E3 2014.

UGXwolf

Haru17 wrote:

The press fulfill a demand for information. If you're upset at the 'press,' then direct your attention towards cable news networks, namely the US ones.

All we knew about Zelda U was 'there will be another 3D Zelda on Nintendo's latest console,' which is duh. Everyone knew that much regardless of interviews, so all that mattered was announced at E3 2014.

I don't hate the player, I hate the game. What is advantageous for the press is disadvantageous for the gamers. Yes, I realize that some form of coverage is necessary. I took Video Game History 101 and remember why video gaming crashed back in the 80's. I also noticed that the gaming press way overstepped necessity, taking all forms of involvement away from the gamers, themselves. The changing of E3 from a public exhibition to a private one is the most obvious example. If you don't have the rigt connections or a buttload of money, livestreams are all you can do to see this. Nintendo's actually doing something to reverse that by involving the people who don't have any choice in the matter with a more public practice in comparison to E3's more recent iterations.

With that said, my personal feelings toward the sorry state of gaming journalism aren't really the matter at question, here. My point is and has been since the start that Nintendo not taking E3 seriously is pretty well par for the course, this generation.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.