Forums

Topic: Wii U is safe from the NX!? Seems to be true

Posts 181 to 200 of 582

Octane

Bolt_Strike wrote:

Tanabe's not the problem. To the contrary, he seems to want a new Prime game as much as we do and he's got several great ideas for what to do next. The problem is that he needs a development team to work on it and none of them want to. Retro Studios doesn't want to work on it for whatever reason.

Perhaps, because the majority of the original developers who worked on Metroid Prime left Retro Studios? At this point, they're no different than any other development studio when it comes to experience with Metroid games.

Octane

Bolt_Strike

Aromaiden wrote:

And yet again I ask you, how do you know the game won't be a genuinely good Metroid game? Have you actually played the game, or are you just being spiteful towards it?

No exploration focus and having a set of fairly generic abilities really kills this concept. They basically took all of the charm of the series and threw it out the window.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

DefHalan

@Aromaiden

I like how he isn't answering your question.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

-Green-

Bolt_Strike wrote:

Aromaiden wrote:

And yet again I ask you, how do you know the game won't be a genuinely good Metroid game? Have you actually played the game, or are you just being spiteful towards it?

No exploration focus and having a set of fairly generic abilities really kills this concept. They basically took all of the charm of the series and threw it out the window.

Although, the game is also not a "normal" Metroid game. After all it is a spin-off, and just because it lacks some of the original appeal of the main series doesn't necessarily mean it will be a bad game. For all we know it could be a spectacular game, and we can't really pass a fair judgment on it without actually playing and understanding the game.

Edited on by -Green-

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

TuVictus

That's true. But it goes both ways. People can't assume it's going to be a bad game, but you also can't assume it's going to be good. We can just go with our own predictions based on what we've seen. Some people are positive about it, others aren't. Both are completely valid points of view, and shaming either side for having them is silly and immature.

TuVictus

-Green-

Operative wrote:

That's true. But it goes both ways. People can't assume it's going to be a bad game, but you also can't assume it's going to be good. We can just go with our own predictions based on what we've seen. Some people are positive about it, others aren't. Both are completely valid points of view, and shaming either side for having them is silly and immature.

Exactly. I never shamed the other side nor am I sure the game will be great, but I find it illogical and unfair to claim that a game is bad based on its preview or style not fitting your taste or standards, especially when the game is not even out. Now that is silly.

Samurai_Goroh

It can be a good game. However, it can never be a good Metroid game. It is Starfox Adventures all over again,

Samurai_Goroh

-Green-

Samurai_Goroh wrote:

It can be a good game. However, it can never be a good Metroid game. It is Starfox Adventures all over again,

Nonetheless it will help expand and add more depth and character to the Metroid Universe. Even if it isn't a Metroid game for the main series.

Bolt_Strike

Aromaiden wrote:

Bolt_Strike wrote:

Aromaiden wrote:

Although, the game is also not a "normal" Metroid game. After all it is a spin-off, and just because it lacks some of the original appeal of the main series doesn't necessarily mean it will be a bad game. For all we know it could be a spectacular game, and we can't really pass a fair judgment on it without actually playing and understanding the game.

Even if you don't compare it to the main series, the gameplay is really generic and uninteresting.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

DefHalan

Bolt_Strike wrote:

Aromaiden wrote:

Bolt_Strike wrote:

Aromaiden wrote:

Even if you don't compare it to the main series, the gameplay is really generic and uninteresting.

In your opinion. I think the gameplay looks a lot of fun and I am really looking forward to it.

Edited on by DefHalan

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

-Green-

Bolt_Strike wrote:

Aromaiden wrote:

Bolt_Strike wrote:

Aromaiden wrote:

It may be uninteresting to you, but others may find it differently. People after all tend to have separate opinions and tastes.

Also, we have yet to see the entire game and what it has to offer. So it's highly possible it has more features. Although to be fair, we won't know any of this for certain until the game releases, so it's probably best that we refrain from judging it to much until it does.

Edited on by -Green-

MsJubilee

Bolt_Strike wrote:

spizzamarozzi wrote:

What annoyed me the most about the whole Federation Force thing was Tanabe's reaction when asked about a proper Metroid Prime - it's so weird that, almost three years into the lifespan of their home console, they hadn't even started working on, or planning a Metroid game. I thought Metroid was one of their best selling "adult" franchises, and all latest console versions have sold very well (even Other M, the so-so game of the bunch, managed to sell more than a million copies), so it's so strange they had no plans on releasing a Metroid on their new home system - one that, excuse me, features a device that seems to be built for two functions: SHOOTING and SCANNING. I honestly thought a new Metroid was in the working - everybody was convinced of that, right?! It's like Aonuma saying he never thought about making a Zelda on WiiU.
So yeah, very disappointed with Federation Force, but more disappointed by the fact that Tanabe didn't seem to be aware of the fact that everybody was almost certain there would have been a Metroid U.

Tanabe's not the problem. To the contrary, he seems to want a new Prime game as much as we do and he's got several great ideas for what to do next. The problem is that he needs a development team to work on it and none of them want to. Retro Studios doesn't want to work on it for whatever reason. Next Level I suppose isn't capable of HD development. All of the EAD teams are busy with other stuff. Nintendo isn't giving Metroid the priority it needs on the Wii U, they'd rather us have rehashy platformers and gimmicky 3DS spinoffs than a genuinely good Metroid game.

As a Metroid fan who was also disappointed with this game announcement. i'm giving the game a chance and i hope you and everyone who else who jumped on the hate train and hasn't gotten off gives it a chance as well.

Edited on by MsJubilee

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Blast

Bolt_Strike wrote:

spizzamarozzi wrote:

What annoyed me the most about the whole Federation Force thing was Tanabe's reaction when asked about a proper Metroid Prime - it's so weird that, almost three years into the lifespan of their home console, they hadn't even started working on, or planning a Metroid game. I thought Metroid was one of their best selling "adult" franchises, and all latest console versions have sold very well (even Other M, the so-so game of the bunch, managed to sell more than a million copies), so it's so strange they had no plans on releasing a Metroid on their new home system - one that, excuse me, features a device that seems to be built for two functions: SHOOTING and SCANNING. I honestly thought a new Metroid was in the working - everybody was convinced of that, right?! It's like Aonuma saying he never thought about making a Zelda on WiiU.
So yeah, very disappointed with Federation Force, but more disappointed by the fact that Tanabe didn't seem to be aware of the fact that everybody was almost certain there would have been a Metroid U.

Tanabe's not the problem. To the contrary, he seems to want a new Prime game as much as we do and he's got several great ideas for what to do next. The problem is that he needs a development team to work on it and none of them want to. Retro Studios doesn't want to work on it for whatever reason. Next Level I suppose isn't capable of HD development. All of the EAD teams are busy with other stuff. Nintendo isn't giving Metroid the priority it needs on the Wii U, they'd rather us have rehashy platformers and gimmicky 3DS spinoffs than a genuinely good Metroid game.

Hopefully Retro Studios will finally reveal their Wii U game in 2016. Most likely its a new IP and it will be shown in the January 2016 Direct. But yeah... its very dumb that the Wii U isn't getting a Metroid game at all. Even more dumb this Metroid spinoff happened. Nobody asked for that. Its really bizarre how Nintendo didn't have a Metroid in the works a long time ago. VERY bizarre....

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

rallydefault

Well, you see... if you like Metroid... and you like soccer... you're FINALLY getting YOUR game. Praise be.

Also, with Mario Tennis in the near future, we're really covering our "bases" (ha) when it comes to first-party sports tie-ins!

rallydefault

skywake

Grumblevolcano wrote:

Reggie strongly teased the standard New 3DS coming to NA so it seems that the 3DS is the console that's safe from the NX, not the Wii U.
http://nintendoeverything.com/reggie-teases-regular-new-3ds-f...

Because obviously when they released the DSiXL in 2010, the GBA SP in 2003, the GBA Micro in 2005, and the Wii Mini in 2012? That was just total confirmation that those platforms had another five years in them

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

UGXwolf

Tanabe is not the be-all end-all. Unless Nintendo already has dev kits handed out to all their studios for a brand new home console, I doubt he actually knows all that much about the NX, seeing as Nintendo reportedly likes to keep things rather compartmentalized. Tanabe isn't a Nintendo bigshot. He only oversees the Metroid Prime series. Not even Metroid as a whole. Just the Prime series which isn't even half of the franchise. There's nothing stopping anyone else from making another Metroid, and nothing is stopping that from being a 3D Metroid, which could also potentially be an FPS or it could be a 2.5 D Platforming adventure. Or hell, something else. I don't know. Nintendo has a knack for doing the unexpected and making it great.

@VeeFlames I didn't feel like it shouldn't exist, but it's very obvious that the bit we saw isn't the full game. I don't know what the rest could look like, I just think Nintendo may have thrown us for a loop so they could announce the AC Amiibo without explaining what the full game is like. Also, that software theory was a bunch of shaping facts to fit a theory. It's basically major speculation on my part, but it would be cool.

Edited on by UGXwolf

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

rallydefault

skywake wrote:

Grumblevolcano wrote:

Reggie strongly teased the standard New 3DS coming to NA so it seems that the 3DS is the console that's safe from the NX, not the Wii U.
http://nintendoeverything.com/reggie-teases-regular-new-3ds-f...

Because obviously when they released the DSiXL in 2010, the GBA SP in 2003, the GBA Micro in 2005, and the Wii Mini in 2012? That was just total confirmation that those platforms had another five years in them

Man, you are grasping, hard core. Those were versions of the prexisting hardware. The NX is their next console, not a version of one. Reggie is calling NX their "next system," which, as we all love to be incredibly nit-picky, COULD mean a "version" like one of those you listed above.

However, the damning evidence is Iwata's reference to NX as a "new concept," which, under all but the most stubborn of perspectives, signals a new tack. To use your examples, the DSiXL was not a "new concept" on the DS. The GBA SP was not a "new concept" on the GBA. The GBA Micro was not a "new concept" on the GBA. The Wii Mini was not a "new concept" on the Wii. Those were all just 2.0 (and 3.0, er..3.5 for the GBA sort of) versions of the same hardware. Just like the New 3DS.

No new concepts. No change of direction. Just tweaks to the hardware. That's not what the NX is. Just accept it, and go have yourself a nice ice cream cone or something.

rallydefault

Araquanid

Blast wrote:

Even more dumb this Metroid spinoff happened. Nobody asked for that.

ACTUALLY.. People have been asking for a co-op metroid game without samus for quite awhile now.. ever since prime hunters as a matter of fact. Last year I even disguised with some guys on wikitroid the potential return of samus aran from other m, and all of them said they wouldn't have minded a game without her to expand on the metroid universe a bit, alah halo reach without chief sorta deal. When we finally got what we asked for, and apparently soon forgot all about, we overreacted and hated on the game for the very things we've previously said we wanted.

Nobody asked for prime pinball either, yet we got that.

I guess the graphics and the timespan between the previous metroid titles does hurt the justifaction for this type of game to appear NOW.. but regardless we cannot say this game's graphics will be horrible like they are in the end, especially since star fox zero actually patched their graphics days after the direct, and prime corruption's beta looked worse then our current prime hunters, and we cannot say that the idea of playing as the galactic federation was something nobody wanted.

Edited on by Araquanid

3DS FC: 0774-5098-1425
Pokemon Sun IGN: Joe
My Shinies
(User name changed in November 2016, MegaBeedrill)

3DS Friend Code: 0774-5098-1425 | Nintendo Network ID: FreakyMantis17 | Twitter:

Blast

MegaBeedrill wrote:

Blast wrote:

ACTUALLY.. People have been asking for a co-op metroid game without samus for quite awhile now.. ever since prime hunters as a matter of fact. Last year I even disguised with some guys on wikitroid the potential return of samus aran from other m, and all of them said they wouldn't have minded a game without her to expand on the metroid universe a bit, alah halo reach without chief sorta deal. When we finally got what we asked for, and apparently soon forgot all about, we overreacted and hated on the game for the very things we've previously said we wanted.

You have to demand better, my friend. You have to demand... Better. You're actually looking forward to this game? Go for it. But deep down... You know you want a real Metroid experience on Wii U.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

UGXwolf

Blast wrote:

MegaBeedrill wrote:

Blast wrote:

You have to demand better, my friend. You have to demand... Better. You're actually looking forward to this game? Go for it. But deep down... You know you want a real Metroid experience on Wii U.

Please don't tell other people what they want. It's awfully presumptuous and makes you look bad.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.