Forums

Topic: Wii U is safe from the NX!? Seems to be true

Posts 161 to 180 of 582

UGXwolf

Bolt_Strike wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

@Haru17 You're right. Disappointment is fine. That's how you SHOULD take that event. It was disappointing to most of us. However, disappointment only goes so far. You shouldn't be disappointed Zelda U, the NX, F-Zero, and Metroid U weren't there because all of that was a given. We knew that wouldn't happen. If you thought it would, you've been deluding yourself. If you're disappointed because Paper Mario is coming to 3DS instead, Animal Crossing is only getting a spin-off party game for Wii U, or Star Fox Zero looks bad to you (I don't agree that it looks at all bad. Looked amazing to me, but whatever.) then sure. Thag disappointment is fair. Nintendo may not have implied thise, but they were fairly realistic expectations.

We didn't know that Metroid wasn't being worked on, that was revealed the day after the Digital Event. Up until now we knew they were throwing around ideas and it seemed like Metroid would make a late Wii U entry, but sadly that turned out not to be the case. And frankly that's the biggest disappointment about this E3. Not that they're making a Federation spinoff, it looks pretty generic but I do share the sentiment that it could turn out to be good in the end. That Tanabe has all of these ideas for a great Wii U Metroid game that no one wants to do anything with. That alone made me lose nearly all of my respect for Nintendo.

The biggest problem here is that you assume there WON'T be a Metroid on Wii U. There's absolutely no reason to believe that, unless you're just completely convinced Zelda U will be the last game on it and it's comming out before E3, next year.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

TuVictus

Well right now the only hope for a Metroid game is either another 3rd party collaboration (and we all see how that turned out so I don't think Nintendo is aching to do that again with Metroid), or Sakomoto is working on a 2D game. Which we have almost no reason to believe he is. We know Prime isn't coming to the Wii U, confirmed by the director himself, so it's understandable why Metroid fans aren't feeling the most hopeful right now.

TuVictus

Octane

Operative wrote:

Well right now the only hope for a Metroid game is either another 3rd party collaboration (and we all see how that turned out so I don't think Nintendo is aching to do that again with Metroid), or Sakomoto is working on a 2D game. Which we have almost no reason to believe he is. We know Prime isn't coming to the Wii U, confirmed by the director himself, so it's understandable why Metroid fans aren't feeling the most hopeful right now.

The way Tanabe spoke about Metroid Prime IV made him sound that it was something he wanted to do eventually, but not necessarily right now. Another third party collaboration seems more likely. I know that Sakamoto is pretty open to collaborations, and I'm not sure if he can assemble an entire team within Nintendo, because apparantly that's quite difficult if you're not working on Mario, Zelda or Wii Sports. Anyway, after Other M he has taken the role of producer/supervisor in a couple of games, including Splatoon, but he hasn't been directly involved in any game since Other M. I can't imagine he hasn't done anything worthwile in the last couple of years.

Octane

Bolt_Strike

UGXwolf wrote:

Bolt_Strike wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

@Haru17 You're right. Disappointment is fine. That's how you SHOULD take that event. It was disappointing to most of us. However, disappointment only goes so far. You shouldn't be disappointed Zelda U, the NX, F-Zero, and Metroid U weren't there because all of that was a given. We knew that wouldn't happen. If you thought it would, you've been deluding yourself. If you're disappointed because Paper Mario is coming to 3DS instead, Animal Crossing is only getting a spin-off party game for Wii U, or Star Fox Zero looks bad to you (I don't agree that it looks at all bad. Looked amazing to me, but whatever.) then sure. Thag disappointment is fair. Nintendo may not have implied thise, but they were fairly realistic expectations.

We didn't know that Metroid wasn't being worked on, that was revealed the day after the Digital Event. Up until now we knew they were throwing around ideas and it seemed like Metroid would make a late Wii U entry, but sadly that turned out not to be the case. And frankly that's the biggest disappointment about this E3. Not that they're making a Federation spinoff, it looks pretty generic but I do share the sentiment that it could turn out to be good in the end. That Tanabe has all of these ideas for a great Wii U Metroid game that no one wants to do anything with. That alone made me lose nearly all of my respect for Nintendo.

The biggest problem here is that you assume there WON'T be a Metroid on Wii U. There's absolutely no reason to believe that, unless you're just completely convinced Zelda U will be the last game on it and it's comming out before E3, next year.

Tanabe was pretty clear about that. Absolutely no one is working on it right now, which means it's not coming until at least 2018. That almost certainly puts it on the NX. Lifespan uncertainties aside, if Metroid was going to be on Wii U, it'd be in development now, the Wii U's remaining games pretty much have to have started development at this point.

And considering the poor lineup and the comments from Reggie and Iwata telling people to stay tuned for information on the NX, it sounds exactly like they're moving on sooner rather than later. The PR sends a message that they're ready to move on.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

UGXwolf

Bolt_Strike wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

Bolt_Strike wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

Tanabe was pretty clear about that. Absolutely no one is working on it right now, which means it's not coming until at least 2018. That almost certainly puts it on the NX. Lifespan uncertainties aside, if Metroid was going to be on Wii U, it'd be in development now, the Wii U's remaining games pretty much have to have started development at this point.

And considering the poor lineup and the comments from Reggie and Iwata telling people to stay tuned for information on the NX, it sounds exactly like they're moving on sooner rather than later. The PR sends a message that they're ready to move on.

Man, you and your raging assumptions. We still don't have any idea if the NX is a home console, handheld, software, or all of the above. The only thing we know is that it's Nintendo's next step.

@Grumblevolcano I don't see how another DSi does anything to change the fact that the Wii U has been gaining in sales and the 3DS has been falling in them.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

veeflames

UGXwolf wrote:

Further, I've been thinking. Why is it Amiibo Festival? Something about that reveal absolutely doesn't sit right with me. I just can't shake the feeling that it's a smaller part of a bigger game. I could be totally wrong, but I just can't shake this feeling. Maybe it's a side mode in the new Animal Crossing or a theme of a bigger Nintendo-based party board game that doesn't just concern Animal Crossing, but other IPs, as well. The name really just seems odd to me. What do you guys think?

I think this... well, close to this. On that Tuesday Nintendo announced amiibo Festival, I kept on thinking about the game and why it even exists. Then I thought, "Maybe this is just some sort of minigame in the real Animal Crossing." I mean, the villagers could come around every weekend and hold an amiibo Festival or whatever. Seems legit, right? So it's like the main attraction of a new Animal Crossing on Wii U.
Also, I DON'T KNOW WHY, but I was mindblown with your theory of NX being an OS. That would be swell! XD

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

Grumblevolcano

UGXwolf wrote:

Bolt_Strike wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

Bolt_Strike wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

Man, you and your raging assumptions. We still don't have any idea if the NX is a home console, handheld, software, or all of the above. The only thing we know is that it's Nintendo's next step.

@Grumblevolcano I don't see how another DSi does anything to change the fact that the Wii U has been gaining in sales and the 3DS has been falling in them.

Tanabe confirmed the NX is a home console when talking about a new Metroid ("If we started for Wii U now, it would likely take three years or so. So it would likely now be on Nintendo's NX console.") so the only involvement regarding handhelds would be if the NX is a hybrid.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Bolt_Strike

UGXwolf wrote:

Bolt_Strike wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

Bolt_Strike wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

You and your raging denial. Sure, we don't know the exact nature of the NX. But who cares? What's more important is that we know that's where the console games are going to be 3 years from now. And Tanabe very explicitly says that Metroid isn't being worked on ATM and that if they started now, it'd be an NX title. There's nothing to assume there.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

Octane

@Bolt_Strike To be fair, Tanabe only spoke about Metroid Prime, not the entire Metroid franchise. Sakamoto handles the other Metroid games. However, it's not known what he's working on right now; could be Metroid, could be something else.

Edited on by Octane

Octane

Araquanid

@Octane he specifically said in an interview that no projects will be in development for the wii u as a full prime game takes about 3 years to develop and it would be better to push it to the NX.

A regular metroid game, such as 2D, wouldn't be a wii u title anyhow.. it would be a DS title most likely.

Personally, I think MPFF is our last metroid game from nintendo. After how much hate it has recieved, nintendo would be fools to even consider reviving the franchise. 10 years or more years of planning the project for a co-op metroid game without samus, then fans petition to cancel it? Nah, not worth nintendo's time.. the franchise will quietly lay at rest after this. It's like trying to revive E.T. after the damage and hate it caused.

Edited on by Araquanid

3DS FC: 0774-5098-1425
Pokemon Sun IGN: Joe
My Shinies
(User name changed in November 2016, MegaBeedrill)

3DS Friend Code: 0774-5098-1425 | Nintendo Network ID: FreakyMantis17 | Twitter:

Octane

MegaBeedrill wrote:

@Octane he specifically said in an interview that no projects will be in development for the wii u as a full prime game takes about 3 years to develop and it would be better to push it to the NX.

A regular metroid game, such as 2D, wouldn't be a wii u title anyhow.. it would be a DS title most likely.

Personally, I think MPFF is our last metroid game from nintendo. After how much hate it has recieved, nintendo would be fools to even consider reviving the franchise. 10 years or more years of planning the project for a co-op metroid game without samus, then fans petition to cancel it? Nah, not worth nintendo's time.. the franchise will quietly lay at rest after this. It's like trying to revive E.T. after the damage and hate it caused.

That's what I said, Tanabe only spoke about Metroid Prime, he never excluded the possibility of a regular Metroid game for the Wii U. Not that he would know, because Sakamoto produces the Metroid games [read: not Metroid Prime], Tanabe is only the producer of the Metroid Prime series.

I think much of the dislike towards Federation Force isn't because it's necesarily a bad game, but because of Nintendo's reluctance to work on a proper Metroid game. I'm sure Federation Force will be a fine game by itself, but the fact that nobody was waiting for a spin-off Metroid game for the 3DS, after 5 years of nothing. It only shows how much demand there is for a proper Metroid game.

Octane

Bolt_Strike

Octane wrote:

I think much of the dislike towards Federation Force isn't because it's necesarily a bad game, but because of Nintendo's reluctance to work on a proper Metroid game. I'm sure Federation Force will be a fine game by itself, but the fact that nobody was waiting for a spin-off Metroid game for the 3DS, after 5 years of nothing. It only shows how much demand there is for a proper Metroid game.

This. Federation Force's failure means nothing for the popularity of the series. It just means they're not buying into a mediocre spinoff. Honestly, if Metroid is dying it's because Nintendo doesn't want to give it a chance, no one at Nintendo wants to even try to make a good Metroid game and they brought the negative reception for Other M and Federation Force on themselves.

Bolt_Strike

TuVictus

~sigh~ I just want a 2.5D Metroid either on 3DS or Wii U since we aren't getting Prime. No Other M. No Federation Forces, just a sequel with the classic gameplay of 2D Metroid.

TuVictus

-Green-

Bolt_Strike wrote:

Octane wrote:

This. Federation Force's failure means nothing for the popularity of the series. It just means they're not buying into a mediocre spinoff. Honestly, if Metroid is dying it's because Nintendo doesn't want to give it a chance, no one at Nintendo wants to even try to make a good Metroid game and they brought the negative reception for Other M and Federation Force on themselves.

How do you know the spin-off is mediocre? Have you played it?

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

DefHalan

Aromaiden wrote:

Bolt_Strike wrote:

Octane wrote:

How do you know the spin-off is mediocre? Have you played it?

He has been to the future and watched people play it. He didn't want to dirty his hands by playing it himself.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

shaneoh

Bolt_Strike wrote:

Honestly, if Metroid is dying it's because Nintendo doesn't want to give it a chance, no one at Nintendo wants to even try to make a good Metroid game and they brought the negative reception for Other M and Federation Force on themselves.

Why don't you go to Nintendo and offer to make the game for them? For reasonable pay of course

The Greatest love story ever, Rosie Love (part 33 done)
The collective noun for a group of lunatics is a forum. A forum of lunatics.
I'm belligerent, you were warned.

spizzamarozzi

What annoyed me the most about the whole Federation Force thing was Tanabe's reaction when asked about a proper Metroid Prime - it's so weird that, almost three years into the lifespan of their home console, they hadn't even started working on, or planning a Metroid game. I thought Metroid was one of their best selling "adult" franchises, and all latest console versions have sold very well (even Other M, the so-so game of the bunch, managed to sell more than a million copies), so it's so strange they had no plans on releasing a Metroid on their new home system - one that, excuse me, features a device that seems to be built for two functions: SHOOTING and SCANNING. I honestly thought a new Metroid was in the working - everybody was convinced of that, right?! It's like Aonuma saying he never thought about making a Zelda on WiiU.
So yeah, very disappointed with Federation Force, but more disappointed by the fact that Tanabe didn't seem to be aware of the fact that everybody was almost certain there would have been a Metroid U.

Top-10 games I played in 2017: The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild (WiiU) - Rogue Legacy (PS3) - Fallout 3 (PS3) - Red Dead Redemption (PS3) - Guns of Boom (MP) - Sky Force Reloaded (MP) - ...

3DS Friend Code: 0104-0649-7464 | Nintendo Network ID: spizzamarozzi

Bolt_Strike

spizzamarozzi wrote:

What annoyed me the most about the whole Federation Force thing was Tanabe's reaction when asked about a proper Metroid Prime - it's so weird that, almost three years into the lifespan of their home console, they hadn't even started working on, or planning a Metroid game. I thought Metroid was one of their best selling "adult" franchises, and all latest console versions have sold very well (even Other M, the so-so game of the bunch, managed to sell more than a million copies), so it's so strange they had no plans on releasing a Metroid on their new home system - one that, excuse me, features a device that seems to be built for two functions: SHOOTING and SCANNING. I honestly thought a new Metroid was in the working - everybody was convinced of that, right?! It's like Aonuma saying he never thought about making a Zelda on WiiU.
So yeah, very disappointed with Federation Force, but more disappointed by the fact that Tanabe didn't seem to be aware of the fact that everybody was almost certain there would have been a Metroid U.

Tanabe's not the problem. To the contrary, he seems to want a new Prime game as much as we do and he's got several great ideas for what to do next. The problem is that he needs a development team to work on it and none of them want to. Retro Studios doesn't want to work on it for whatever reason. Next Level I suppose isn't capable of HD development. All of the EAD teams are busy with other stuff. Nintendo isn't giving Metroid the priority it needs on the Wii U, they'd rather us have rehashy platformers and gimmicky 3DS spinoffs than a genuinely good Metroid game.

Edited on by Bolt_Strike

Bolt_Strike

-Green-

Bolt_Strike wrote:

Tanabe's not the problem. To the contrary, he seems to want a new Prime game as much as we do and he's got several great ideas for what to do next. The problem is that he needs a development team to work on it and none of them want to. Retro Studios doesn't want to work on it for whatever reason. Next Level I suppose isn't capable of HD development. All of the EAD teams are busy with other stuff. Nintendo isn't giving Metroid the priority it needs on the Wii U, they'd rather us have rehashy platformers and gimmicky 3DS spinoffs than a genuinely good Metroid game.

And yet again I ask you, how do you know the game won't be a genuinely good Metroid game? Have you actually played the game, or are you just being spiteful towards it?

Edited on by -Green-

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.