Forums

Topic: Wii U Recommendations Thread

Posts 721 to 740 of 996

jump

^If you have Galaxy 2 and NES Remix already then don't get them, if you didn't like Mario Golf then don't get it and since you like Mario Kart and don't have Mario Kart 7 then get that one.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Ghostly

Should I pickup either of the N64 games? I've played Mario 64 before, but not DK64,
Although I'd like to play through Mario again.

Ghostly

3DS Friend Code: 4055-4535-6897 | Nintendo Network ID: Ghostly2334 | Twitter:

GTWarrior77

arronishere wrote:

^If you have Galaxy 2 and NES Remix already then don't get them, if you didn't like Mario Golf then don't get it and since you like Mario Kart and don't have Mario Kart 7 then get that one.

@apowes - I second this. Makes total sense. MK8 has new dlc coming on 23 April + a free update which will add the ability to race in 200cc mode. A first for a mk game.

Edited on by GTWarrior77

"As a man thinketh, so he is"
WiiU NNID: GTKing77

Octane

apowes wrote:

It sounds like this is indeed the case, but just to make sure, the eShop version of Galaxy 2 doesn't play any better/worse/differently at all from the disc version?

It's the exact same thing.

Octane

jariw

Ghostly wrote:

Should I pickup either of the N64 games? I've played Mario 64 before, but not DK64,
Although I'd like to play through Mario again.

I got both Super Mario 64 and Donkey Kong 64 on VC now, and although I never played the originals to compare, the VC versions have:

• Graphics rendered for 720p
  • Configurable controls
  • Restore points

Edited on by jariw

jariw

Robo-Warrior

GTWarrior77 wrote:

arronishere wrote:

@apowes - I second this. Makes total sense. MK8 has new dlc coming on 23 April + a free update which will add the ability to race in 200cc mode. A first for a mk game.

200cc is going to be insane, especially on the Yoshi track.

Robo-Warrior

Rafx

My brother called me and offered to sell me his wiI u with a pro-controller, and some games like pikman 3 on the HD for $100. I'm pretty sure that is a steal but with the announcementry of NX and just being spoiled on other consoles with multilayer options, I'm still a little unsure if I should get it.

What do yall think?

3DS FC: 3755-0786-2046

Spoony_Tech

Rafx wrote:

My brother called me and offered to sell me his wiI u with a pro-controller, and some games like pikman 3 on the HD for $100. I'm pretty sure that is a steal but with the announcementry of NX and just being spoiled on other consoles with multilayer options, I'm still a little unsure if I should get it.

What do yall think?

Sounds like a steal. There's plenty of great games to get right now exclusive to the system. All those brand new come to like 400$

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

martinskrtel37

Rafx wrote:

What do yall think?

NX is ages away and the other consoles suck. Wii U and Pro Controller and some games for $100 is an absolute no-brainer.

Octane wrote:

everyone needs to relax and enjoy the games that are released today and stop worrying what Nintendo will do in a year or two from now.

3DS Friend Code: 0130-1906-5039 | Nintendo Network ID: martinskrtel37

MsJubilee

martinskrtel37 wrote:

Rafx wrote:

What do yall think?

NX is ages away and the other consoles suck. Wii U and Pro Controller and some games for $100 is an absolute no-brainer.

Fanboying hard are we?

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

SuperWiiU

TwilightAngel wrote:

martinskrtel37 wrote:

Rafx wrote:

What do yall think?

Fanboying hard are we?

The second sentence makes sense though. I'd definitely take it for that price. The NX is probably close to 2 years away and most likely won't have backwards compatibility to play the Wii U classics.

Edited on by SuperWiiU

CanisWolfred

Yeah, no, $100 for a console that normally goes for $300, plus accessories and games? I think Gamestop would give a bit more than $100 for all that, unless the games are bottom-of-the-barrel shovelware, which Pikmin 3 definitely isn't. Of course go for it.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

martinskrtel37

No fanboying, all 3 points are accurate ;~)

Octane wrote:

everyone needs to relax and enjoy the games that are released today and stop worrying what Nintendo will do in a year or two from now.

Rumorlife

TwilightAngel wrote:

martinskrtel37 wrote:

Rafx wrote:

What do yall think?

Fanboying hard are we?

Person 1: Yes that is a good buy.
Person 2: U FANBOY OMG CUZ U SAID ITS A GOOD BUY EVEN THO ANY1 WITH A BRAIN WUD KNOW THAT

Rumorlife

MajinSoul

I'd buy it without hesitation. This really is a steal, considering Pikmin 3 and a Pro Controller are almost 100 $ themselves. This has nothing to do with fanboying. I'd buy a PS4, Bloodborne and a 1 year PS+ subscription myself if someone offered this for 100 $ even though I'm not really interested in the console. A steal is a steal.

MajinSoul

Nintendo Network ID: UtoKid | Twitter:

MsJubilee

@Dankykong Guess you actually believe the other consoles suck? Cause that's what i was referring to with my comment.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

martinskrtel37

TwilightAngel wrote:

@Dankykong Guess you actually believe the other consoles suck? Cause that's what i was referring to with my comment.

I do. Anyone standing up for the other two systems out there is a total yuppie with the wool pulled over their eyes. Anyone who spent their $700 or whatever ridiculous on those "upgrades" needs to be felt sorry for, man.

Octane wrote:

Nintendo6400

martinskrtel37 wrote:

TwilightAngel wrote:

I do. Anyone standing up for the other two systems out there is a total yuppie with the wool pulled over their eyes. Anyone who spent their $700 or whatever ridiculous on those "upgrades" needs to be felt sorry for, man.

I'll always be a Nintendo fan, but that doesn't mean I can't be interested in some of the competitions titles. If PS4 had backwards compatiblitity I might own one. However, I would still prefer my wii u.

3DS FC: 4854-6437-9458
Friend Safari: Fire- Growlith, Pyroar, Flechling

MegaMari0

Wii U is awesome now. I do look at the other 2 systems from time to time just to see what they are up to. Not missing much IMO. Then again, I would like a few like MVC3 or Arhham Knight. Get my comic book video game fix....

"When expecting booby traps, always send the boob in first." -Megatron-

3DS Friend Code: 3153-3802-3566 | Nintendo Network ID: coldfusion88

gcunit

Kirby and the Rainbow Paintbrush is going for £20 new - should I get it? Need to decide in the next couple of hours...!

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic