Forums

Topic: Wii U Recommendations Thread

Posts 741 to 760 of 996

Octane

gcunit wrote:

Kirby and the Rainbow Paintbrush is going for £20 new - should I get it? Need to decide in the next couple of hours...!

Yes. Great game, I loved it. Quite difficult actually, especially if you like to collect the figurines and such in each level.

Octane

NickStrife23

Hey! So I am sitting here and I'd like to get some more third-party games, like Arkham City and Assassins Creed since I have missed quite a few games from the PS3 era. Any suggestions

FC !!- isss....4253-4623-9624 Thank you , u add me i will add u back !! :D
My NNID is NickStrife and my Mii is NickStrife so if you see me out there in either Mario Kart 8 or Smash or Splatoon thats probably me!

ZuneTattooGuy

martinskrtel37 wrote:

Rafx wrote:

My brother called me and offered to sell me his wiI u with a pro-controller, and some games like pikman 3 on the HD for $100. I'm pretty sure that is a steal but with the announcementry of NX and just being spoiled on other consoles with multilayer options, I'm still a little unsure if I should get it.

What do yall think?

NX is ages away and the other consoles suck. Wii U and Pro Controller and some games for $100 is an absolute no-brainer.

The Dolphin aka the Gamecube was announced as Codename/Project Dolphin 4 yrs before it came out. Pikmin 3 alone is worth $60 by itself

Gamertag: GoingTheDist

CanisWolfred

animefan23 wrote:

Hey! So I am sitting here and I'd like to get some more third-party games, like Arkham City and Assassins Creed since I have missed quite a few games from the PS3 era. Any suggestions

Deus Ex, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, Resident Evil: Revelatins, Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge, and Rayman Legends are...pretty much all I got besides the two you mentioned. Also, I recommend Assassin's Creed IV over III.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

spizzamarozzi

My local GameStop has WatchDogs for €/$30 at the moment - it's not a bad price and, although I know it's inferior to the other versions, I wouldn't mind playing one of those 30+ hours sandbox games, especially on the GamePad while I'm in bed. Is WatchDogs worth it?!

Top-10 games I played in 2017: The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild (WiiU) - Rogue Legacy (PS3) - Fallout 3 (PS3) - Red Dead Redemption (PS3) - Guns of Boom (MP) - Sky Force Reloaded (MP) - ...

3DS Friend Code: 0104-0649-7464 | Nintendo Network ID: spizzamarozzi

Pkmns

spizzamarozzi wrote:

My local GameStop has WatchDogs for €/$30 at the moment - it's not a bad price and, although I know it's inferior to the other versions, I wouldn't mind playing one of those 30+ hours sandbox games, especially on the GamePad while I'm in bed. Is WatchDogs worth it?!

I don't think so. I haven't played it, but I think 30 bucks are still too much for that.

Pkmns

jump

Rayman Legends and Orgins are too different games and Legendsis is vastly superior.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

OorWullie

WaveBoy wrote:

Based on what's currently available RaDicAl retail-wise( ) there are about 26 Wii U games total that I want to own.
But I've always been iffier than a can of peanut butter jiffy about Sonic Lost Worlds and that artsy fartsy mediocre looking platforming based Rayman Legends(hated Origins and it's art style)....Ah who am i kidding, I'll most likely NEVER end up givng that one a chance. I'd most likely have more fun playing on a broken malfunctioning Lite Brite.

I didn't like Origins at all,found it floaty,boring and incomparable with a Nintendo platformer.It put me off trying Legends even with all the glowing reviews but I took the plunge when I seen it appear on the Eshop on sale and I'm glad I did.It really is fantastic,doesn't feel floaty like the original and the graphics have to be seen on the big screen to be appreciated.Its chock full of ideas,excitement,surprises and most of all fun.A great game that any true platforming fan needs to play.

Edited on by OorWullie

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

CaptainToad777

Hey guys, since there probably wont be too many new wii u games on the horizon I thought I stock up on games that I missed out on (more or less intentionally).

The game I was thinking about is Lego City Undercover - yes, lego city, its been out there quite a while and I could never make up my mind to buy it, never played it though, - the only lego game I played was the original star wars trilogy on xbox and I wasnt really impressed back in the day. The difficulty level was totally forgetable and I am not too much into the collect-a-thon games. I read that LCU is also on the easy, cheasy side. On the other hand that game looks like its really fun to play despite its easiness and since there arent too many games around I am struggling to give it a chance - its kinda expensive though despite its age.

Have you guys played that game? Was it any fun? Would you play it again?

I liked to play GTA San Andreas back in the day - nowadays I am less and less into violent games (never played GTA V) so I was thinking this game might actually be fun. Besides there aint too many open world games on Wii U (no, I dont like Ubisoft in case you were thinking about assassins creed).

Many thanks in advance for your help!

CaptainToad777

Spoony_Tech

CaptainToad777 wrote:

Hey guys, since there probably wont be too many new wii u games on the horizon I thought I stock up on games that I missed out on (more or less intentionally).

The game I was thinking about is Lego City Undercover - yes, lego city, its been out there quite a while and I could never make up my mind to buy it, never played it though, - the only lego game I played was the original star wars trilogy on xbox and I wasnt really impressed back in the day. The difficulty level was totally forgetable and I am not too much into the collect-a-thon games. I read that LCU is also on the easy, cheasy side. On the other hand that game looks like its really fun to play despite its easiness and since there arent too many games around I am struggling to give it a chance - its kinda expensive though despite its age.

I liked to play GTA San Andreas back in the day - nowadays I am less and less into violent games (never played GTA V) so I was thinking this game might actually be fun. Besides there aint too many open world games on Wii U (no, I dont like Ubisoft in case you were thinking about assassins creed).

I watched my son play quite a bit and it looks really fun. The biggest problem if you can overlook it is the incredibly long load times. I'm not talking just 15 to 30 seconds either. Some feel like 2 minutes.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

foodmetaphors

Spoony_Tech wrote:

CaptainToad777 wrote:

I watched my son play quite a bit and it looks really fun. The biggest problem if you can overlook it is the incredibly long load times. I'm not talking just 15 to 30 seconds either. Some feel like 2 minutes.

And the price! I don't think I've ever seen it listed for less than $50, right now the cheapest option on amazon is ~70 and I never see it in stores new or used, but yeah I too have been wanting to check this game out. I probably would have bought it at $50 if everyone hadn't been complaining about load times. Might make a trip to my local Disc Replay maybe they'll actually have a copy though I won't hold my breath since their Wii U selection is always pathetic.

everything's good and it'll be that way forever!

3DS Friend Code: 3625-9105-7282 | Nintendo Network ID: FXM-729 | Twitter:

ultraraichu

Heya everyone. I was wondering if they ever fixed the problem with no sounds coming from the Gamepad (off-tv mode) in Ittle Dew? I been thinking about buying it since it's on sale for half off this month but that little problem kind of been holding me back since I sometimes plan to play it while watching TV. I heard they were going to fix it with the EU release last year, but then silence after that.

Btw I also tried asking about it in Miiverse days ago but for the most part the average user don't know about tags and only read from people who own the game.

A dying animal struggles, thrashes and howls in protest as its life torn from it. To see this in action, watch Animal Planet. The same thing happens when a video game is or isn't released. To see this in action, stay here.

Switch Friend Code: Sw-6105-4873-7122 | 3DS Friend Code: 1848-1733-3257 | My Nintendo: Ultraraichu | Nintendo Network ID: ultraraichu

Faltarstan

I recently gained a nice bunch of money, and realized I can only buy 4 full priced ($60) games for the Wii U. The only problem is, I'm not sure what games to get. I would like your help on which games to get and their explanations (if you want).

I already own the following games: Smash Bros., 3D World, Splatoon, DKC TF, WW HD, Mario Kart and Shovel Knight. I am for sure getting Bayonetta 2 and thinking of getting Hyrule Warriors. Keep in mind that one full priced game can be made up of a few indie games, as those are cheaper. So please tell me in a list what 4 or more games I should get for Wii u.

Thank you!

Faltarstan

Spoony_Tech

@Faltarstan: Well Bayonetta 2 I believe is still 2 for one right? Also I highly recommend Pikmin 3 and check out the UBISoft sale. Zombie U, Rayman Legends, and Assassin's Creed 4 Are all really good. Oh and don't pass up on Child of Light for less then 4$ either. That game is worth 10 times that!

Oh and Hyrule Warrior's is also a good choice but to get everything out of it you will want the dlc and that's more expensive. Still even without the dlc you could spend 200 hours on what's there alone.

Also welcome to the site!

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

arnoldlayne83

@Faltarstan: You should not miss The Wonderful 101, one of the best exclusive that WiiU has.

Rayman and Zombie U are good too and probably you can find them very cheap on 2nd hand. Pikmin 3 and Tekken Tag 2 are also great values.

psn: markthesovver83 ; Nnid: arnoldlayne83

Nintendo Network ID: arnoldlayne83

miiandmario

My gamestop has Pikmin 3 in stock for 56$, is it worth the price? (I know its a rare game and all and I would like to play the game but I wanna know if this is a good price)

Switch FC: 6433-7682-7412
3DS FC: 2852-9290-8506
Wii U Name: MiiandMario

Tasuki

Ok so I have been on the fence with SM3DW, main reason being how does the multiplayer game play feel? I am looking for a multiplayer game I can play with some friends. We tried NSMBU but with our different skill levels multiplayer seemed more like a cluster f*** and no one seemed to really enjoy it. Now I am thinking that because SM3DW is 3D we can spread out a bit and give each other some room if that makes sense where as on a 2D game we felt like we were getting in each others way.

I hope that makes sense.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

DefHalan

Tasuki wrote:

Ok so I have been on the fence with SM3DW, main reason being how does the multiplayer game play feel? I am looking for a multiplayer game I can play with some friends. We tried NSMBU but with our different skill levels multiplayer seemed more like a cluster f*** and no one seemed to really enjoy it. Now I am thinking that because SM3DW is 3D we can spread out a bit and give each other some room if that makes sense where as on a 2D game we felt like we were getting in each others way.

I hope that makes sense.

I fell the 2D Mario Multiplayer modes are more of Party games, just a lot of messing around. 3DWorld felt more like we could actually play co-op. I haven't played much multiplayer, but the little bit I did felt a lot more fun than the 2D Mario games.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Spoony_Tech

@Tasuki: Its definitely more fun the 2d Mario. However it for me was as fun just Wii remote. Have some nunchucks handy as the digital pad wasn't as fun to use on narrow bridges and such. Pro controllers work well too.

MERG said:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic