Forums

Topic: Wii U Recommendations Thread

Posts 701 to 720 of 996

champy

NinjaWaddleDee wrote:

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess for Wii

or

The Last of Us: Remastered for PS4

I know these aren't Wii U games specifically, but this is the most visited "recommendation" thread on the forums.

Tough choices, but, please do yourself a favor and purchase The Last of Us right now and play it. One of the most amazing games I've played in my lifetime.

champy

NinjaWaddleDee

champy wrote:

NinjaWaddleDee wrote:

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess for Wii

or

The Last of Us: Remastered for PS4

I know these aren't Wii U games specifically, but this is the most visited "recommendation" thread on the forums.

Tough choices, but, please do yourself a favor and purchase The Last of Us right now and play it. One of the most amazing games I've played in my lifetime.

lol, I totally will. Perhaps I'll pick it up this summer. I was going to get Borderlands Collection in March, but do you think I should get TLOU instead? I'm already getting Twilight Princess, but do you think I should get TLOU over Borderlands? Also, I can't afford to pay for PS plus, so it will be singleplayer only for me. There's just too many games coming out for me to lay down another 50 bucks on a membership.

Edited on by NinjaWaddleDee

Check out my YouTube channel if you love gaming, and Nintendo (especially Metroid) I think you'll enjoy my videos. :)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCagN36OxIjCGUVMaYFtPgSg

Nintendo Network ID: NinjaWaddleDee

Tasuki

So Monday night I am planning a guys night in with some of my coworkers which they will come over to my place and play some games and hang out. Thing is I need some suggestions for 4 player or more multiplayer games for the Wii U. It doesn't matter if they are retail, eShop or VC games I am just drawing a blank right now.

So far I have

New Super Mario U
Chronicles of Mystara
TNT Racers
Nintendo Land
Mario Kart 8

Any other suggestions would be very helpful and I am looking for games that 4 players can play at the same time although taking turns will be taken under consideration.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Spoony_Tech

Tasuki wrote:

So Monday night I am planning a guys night in with some of my coworkers which they will come over to my place and play some games and hang out. Thing is I need some suggestions for 4 player or more multiplayer games for the Wii U. It doesn't matter if they are retail, eShop or VC games I am just drawing a blank right now.

So far I have

New Super Mario U
Chronicles of Mystara
TNT Racers
Nintendo Land
Mario Kart 8

Any other suggestions would be very helpful and I am looking for games that 4 players can play at the same time although taking turns will be taken under consideration.

So you have 4 controllers? Smash Bros is always a good choice. Also you can dl this for free and have a good time with it try Tank Tank Tank. You will get yo play 4 players for free although limited battle fields. It's a nice game for 4 players.

Oh and Mario 3d World is also very good and fun!

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

martinskrtel37

Tasuki wrote:

So far I have

New Super Mario U
Chronicles of Mystara
TNT Racers
Nintendo Land
Mario Kart 8

Untitled

Octane wrote:

everyone needs to relax and enjoy the games that are released today and stop worrying what Nintendo will do in a year or two from now.

3DS Friend Code: 0130-1906-5039 | Nintendo Network ID: martinskrtel37

Grawbad

Hey guys, I have some coins to spend on my Club Nintendo Account. It seems the games listed will be available to me until June something. What I was wondering is, would it be a good move to see what is available for reaching Elite Status first? Do you think they will put games on that list that are on the current one?

I guess I don't know how it works. The lists I can find show a bunch of games each year and I assume you pick one?
They are doing elite for 2015 I hope? I have already reached it. lol

Anyways, I got my eyes on a bunch of stuff on the current list but if its wise to wait until I see the elite rewards I will do so.

Grawbad

Grawbad

Tops wrote:

@Grawbad As long as you've reached Elite Status you will be eligible for the gifts they offer regardless of how many coins you have at the time they're announced. You can go ahead and redeem them on what it is you want and not worry about missing out on the Platinum/Gold rewards.

Hey, thanks for the reply. Yep, I get that part. What I am wondering is if I can save the points to see what is available on the elite list, so I can then make better choices on the regular list. For instance, if for sake of argument, Super Metroid was on the elite list, but I already bought it now and I could have bought the original Metroid which is not on the elite list. If I knew what was on both, I could make better choices. I am wondering if it is feasible to wait and see what is on the elite list before making my choices now.

Grawbad

PayMeMunna

Hi, hello! I nabbed myself a Wii U bundle last weekend and have been having a great time with Hyrule Warriors, MK8, and Smash. A former coworker told me a year ago that he sold his Wii U two weeks after he got it because it wasn't fun to play by yourself. Although that worry was on my mind, I still wanted the Wii U. So with my tax refund sitting happy in my bank and a broken 3DS joystick later, I finally got one for myself! However, my friends don't play video games and/or live too far and my siblings don't have time these days so I want games that I can play mostly by myself. Any games you'd suggest that's fun for solo players? I like Adventure, Action, and RPGs are fine too. Not too fond of horror or FPS. Thanks for your help!

PayMeMunna

3DS Friend Code: 0576-4391-5878 | Nintendo Network ID: Selkaine

Spoony_Tech

PayMeMunna wrote:

Hi, hello! I nabbed myself a Wii U bundle last weekend and have been having a great time with Hyrule Warriors, MK8, and Smash. A former coworker told me a year ago that he sold his Wii U two weeks after he got it because it wasn't fun to play by yourself. Although that worry was on my mind, I still wanted the Wii U. So with my tax refund sitting happy in my bank and a broken 3DS joystick later, I finally got one for myself! However, my friends don't play video games and/or live too far and my siblings don't have time these days so I want games that I can play mostly by myself. Any games you'd suggest that's fun for solo players? I like Adventure, Action, and RPGs are fine too. Not too fond of horror or FPS. Thanks for your help!

Well you're in luck because Nintendo is mostly single player focused anyways.

Here's a good list of games to start with.

Donkey Kong Country Returns Tropical Freeze
Pikmin 3
The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker
Super Mario 3d World
Rayman Legends
Wonderful 101
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
Lego City Undercover
Captian Toads Treasure Tracker
And a couple eshop must are
Shovel Knight
Steamworld Dig

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

PayMeMunna

@spoony_tech Sweet!! Thanks for the list! I'll definitely be looking into these titles

Edited on by PayMeMunna

PayMeMunna

3DS Friend Code: 0576-4391-5878 | Nintendo Network ID: Selkaine

Caryslan

Spoony_Tech wrote:

PayMeMunna wrote:

Well you're in luck because Nintendo is mostly single player focused anyways.

Here's a good list of games to start with.

Donkey Kong Country Returns Tropical Freeze
Pikmin 3
The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker
Super Mario 3d World
Rayman Legends
Wonderful 101
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
Lego City Undercover
Captian Toads Treasure Tracker
And a couple eshop must are
Shovel Knight
Steamworld Dig

Here are some more games adding to that list. Your mileage may vary on these games since some of them are on other platforms, but if you have never played them before, they are worth checking out and you can get many of them for cheap nowadays.

Batman Arkham City: Armored Edition

Batman Arkham Origins

Assassin's Creed III

Assassin's Creed IV

Injustice: Gods Among Us(this is a fighting game, but it has a story mode as well as a challenge mode)

Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge

Bayonetta 2

Darksiders II

Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Director's Cut(This is played from a First-Person perspective, but has RPG elements and is a single-player game)

Splinter Cell: Blacklist

New Super Mario Bros U(this one is harder then many of the recent ones and it pretty good)

Hope my list also helps!

Edited on by Caryslan

Caryslan

miiandmario

How's Kirby and The Rainbow curse? Also is it fairly easy? Lately ive been wanting to just sit back relax and enjoy a game.

Switch FC: 6433-7682-7412
3DS FC: 2852-9290-8506
Wii U Name: MiiandMario

jariw

kijokoloyo wrote:

Wii U Gamepad Battery Pack (2550mAh) US$ 29.99
URL

Wii U Lens Cleaner Set US$ 11.89
URL

GameCube Controller Adapter for Wii U US$ 38.99
URL

Trying a new approach to link your affiliate IDs?

Edited on by jariw

jariw

WebHead

miiandmario wrote:

How's Kirby and The Rainbow curse? Also is it fairly easy? Lately ive been wanting to just sit back relax and enjoy a game.

Its okay. I personally don't think Wii U was the right platform for the game.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

miiandmario

WebHead wrote:

miiandmario wrote:

Its okay. I personally don't think Wii U was the right platform for the game.

OK thanks

Switch FC: 6433-7682-7412
3DS FC: 2852-9290-8506
Wii U Name: MiiandMario

Epac98

Trying to decide between Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD or Pikmin 3. I plan on buying both eventually but I can only choose one now. Any thoughts?

3DS is my favorite game console
Fire Emblem: Awakening is one of my favorite games.
I <3 Nintendo
3DS Friend Code: 0877-1064-5229
Nintendo ID: Epac98

DefHalan

Epac98 wrote:

Trying to decide between Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD or Pikmin 3. I plan on buying both eventually but I can only choose one now. Any thoughts?

Have you played Wind Waker before?

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

PokeMario

Epac98 wrote:

Both are great games. I'd personally go with Pikmin 3, especially if you've already played The Wind Waker on the Gamecube.

PokeMario

Spoony_Tech

PokeMario wrote:

Epac98 wrote:

Both are great games. I'd personally go with Pikmin 3, especially if you've already played The Wind Waker on the Gamecube.

I agree with this, however Wind Waker to me is a must play by any Zelda fan. It's my favorite In the series!

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

MERG said:

Ralizah

Pikmin 3 is a superb little RTS game with some amazingly photorealistic environments and challenging boss battles. Also, a ton of stuff to do outside of the main campaign.

Wind Waker HD is... a prettier version of Wind Waker with great GamePad controls for sorting through your inventory and stuff. It's my favorite Wii U game, but then again, I'd never played the original before.

As others have said, if you've played the original WW, go with Pikmin 3. If you're never played WW, go with WWHD.

Unless you're talking about physical copies of the games and Pikmin 3 is a fair price. Last time I looked the disc version of Pikmin 3 was fetching high prices. Get that first if you've found a good deal on it.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic