Forums

Topic: Wii U Recommendations Thread

Posts 681 to 700 of 996

NinjaWaddleDee

gcunit wrote:

mrprince wrote:

Before E3 of 2014, Nintendo released a list of games hidden on the internet. It was taken down and believed to be gone forever. This list was recently just discovered once again by unknown sources.. Release Dates and Game Titles may have changed since then, but games in some series that haven't been announced yet are on this list. Spoilers ahead for some games. The list contains only games from previous series, therefore no new games like Splatoon. No third party games are on here either. Enjoy.

Yoshi's Wooly World - 2015 (WII U)

Metroid Prime: Fugitive - 2016 (WII U)

Hyrule Warriors - September 26, 2014 (WII U)

Captain Toad Treasure Tracker - Holiday 2014 (WII U)

Mario & Luigi : Curse of the Koopa King (3DS)

Kirby and the Rainbow Curse - 2015 (WII U)

Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games - 2016 (WII U) (3DS)

Pikmin : Pikmin 1 and Pikmin 2 - 2017 (New3DS)

Mario vs. Donkey Kong : Tipping Stars - 2015 (WII U) (3DS)

StarFox Elite - 2015 (WII U)

Fire Emblem If - 2015 (3DS)

Mario Maker - 2015 (WII U)

Legend of Zelda : Majora's Mask 3D - 2015 (3DS)

Mario Party 10 - 2015 (WII U)

Xenoblade Chronicles X - 2015 (WII U)

Super Smash Bros. 3DS - October 3, 2014 (3DS)

Super Smash Bros. Wii U - Holiday 2014 (WII U)

Major Wario - 2016 (New3DS)

Legend of Zelda - Valley of the Golden Throne - 2015 (WII U)

F-Zero Turbo - 2015 (New3DS)

F-Zero: Ultimate X - 2016 (WII U)

Those games listed above will release in the coming times. Release Dates may change. A new Kirby 3DS game was scrapped. A new Mario Kart HD remake was put on hold for a possible future console. Mario & Sonic at the World Cup will release during the next World Cup time. That is all!

What about HL3? You missed HL3, damn you!

Mario & Sonic at the World Cup? That will be in 2018. Hmmmm.

Metroid Prime: Fugitive sounds really bad***. Do want. But I'm sure this list is just a dirty lie.

Also, recommendation time. My birthday's coming up, should I get Zelda: Twilight Princess for Wii, or Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze for Wii U? I know Twilight Princess is cheaper right now, but I also have to buy a Wii remote charging cradle if I get that game, which will make it equal the price of Tropical Freeze. So price doesn't matter to me.

Edited on by NinjaWaddleDee

Check out my YouTube channel if you love gaming, and Nintendo (especially Metroid) I think you'll enjoy my videos. :)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCagN36OxIjCGUVMaYFtPgSg

Nintendo Network ID: NinjaWaddleDee

Spoony_Tech

@NinjaWaddleDee That's a tough choice but if you're a Zelda fan Even in the least I would go with that if you never played it. I happen to think it has the best dungeons out of the whole series. Tropical Freeze is great too but that will be there at another time and perhaps cheaper. It may also be a club Nintendo reward.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

NinjaWaddleDee

Spoony_Tech wrote:

@NinjaWaddleDee That's a tough choice but if you're a Zelda fan Even in the least I would go with that if you never played it. I happen to think it has the best dungeons out of the whole series. Tropical Freeze is great too but that will be there at another time and perhaps cheaper. It may also be a club Nintendo reward.

Thank you good sir. I loved ocarina of time, but I wasn't really a fan of wind waker at all. It wasn't the graphics, because I liked those, it was the pacing and story that I didn't find interesting. Anyone else have advice about my question? If not, it looks like I'll be picking up Zelda and fire emblem awakening for my b-day. I'd buy it now, but... Amiibo.

Check out my YouTube channel if you love gaming, and Nintendo (especially Metroid) I think you'll enjoy my videos. :)

Spoony_Tech

NinjaWaddleDee wrote:

Spoony_Tech wrote:

Thank you good sir. I loved ocarina of time, but I wasn't really a fan of wind waker at all. It wasn't the graphics, because I liked those, it was the pacing and story that I didn't find interesting. Anyone else have advice about my question? If not, it looks like I'll be picking up Zelda and fire emblem awakening for my b-day. I'd buy it now, but... Amiibo.

It's definitely more like OOT for sure however Wind Waker is my favorite of the series!

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Sparx

So I was looking at the games available on club nintendo and was wondering if Game and Wario was worth getting

My avatar is from here

NinjaWaddleDee

Spoony_Tech wrote:

NinjaWaddleDee wrote:

Spoony_Tech wrote:

It's definitely more like OOT for sure however Wind Waker is my favorite of the series!

I'm sorry man, I just couldn't get through it. The sailing killed it for me. I still have both versions for GameCube and Wii u. I might pick it up again, but I dunno. I stopped right after spoiler tetra is found to be Zelda.

Platypus101

Sparx wrote:

So I was looking at the games available on club nintendo and was wondering if Game and Wario was worth getting

definitely a mini-games collection with a few gems... Not my typical cup of tea, but it does seem to go far with my lite-gamer friends. 600 coins? Hmm... Sounds pricey, but if you don't have anything else in mind, and you like mini-games (ala Nintendoland or WiiPlay) might be worth it

Platypus101

NinjaWaddleDee

Sparx wrote:

If you don't have Earthbound yet, I'd recommend getting Earthbound. That game would be worth your money MUCH more than Game and Wario.

Linkus

I am thinking about getting captain toad but how is the controller support? Is it gamepad only? And is it worth buying? I love plattformers and I like puzzle games. This seems to be somewhere in between or...?

Linkus

jariw

Linkus wrote:

I am thinking about getting captain toad but how is the controller support? Is it gamepad only? And is it worth buying? I love plattformers and I like puzzle games. This seems to be somewhere in between or...?

It's Gamepad only. Get the game! It's a wonderful game. And yes, it's a mix of platformer and puzzle game. More platformer strategy on later levels. Also, make sure to complete every level (including the Bonus book) until you finally get the crown. It's a surprisingly long and rewarding game if you take that route.

jariw

Linkus

jariw wrote:

Linkus wrote:

It's Gamepad only. Get the game! It's a wonderful game. And yes, it's a mix of platformer and puzzle game. More platformer strategy on later levels. Also, make sure to complete every level (including the Bonus book) until you finally get the crown. It's a surprisingly long and rewarding game if you take that route.

Ok, thanks! I will probably get it sooner or later, sounds like a gem!

Linkus

NinjaWaddleDee

Okay guys, real talk. I was just on here earlier, but new 3ds hype has gotten to me. Should I get combined:

Fire emblem awakening
Donkey Kong country tropical freeze
Zelda twilight princess
Mario party 10

Or

A New 3ds xl with fire emblem awakening and majoras mask 3d?

Which is the better deal?

Spoony_Tech

NinjaWaddleDee wrote:

Okay guys, real talk. I was just on here earlier, but new 3ds hype has gotten to me. Should I get combined:

Fire emblem awakening
Zelda twilight princess
Mario party 10

Or

You have to ask yourself do you really need one now. You obviously already have one. So is it basically worth Tropical Freeze and Mario Party??? I would say it is for me.

MERG said:

NinjaWaddleDee

Spoony_Tech wrote:

NinjaWaddleDee wrote:

Fire emblem awakening
Zelda twilight princess
Mario party 10

Or

You have to ask yourself do you really need one now. You obviously already have one. So is it basically worth Tropical Freeze and Mario Party??? I would say it is for me.

Thanks spoony, you've been a lot of help to me and my first world problems, lol. Thanks So you are saying go with a New 3ds xl?

Spoony_Tech

NinjaWaddleDee wrote:

Spoony_Tech wrote:

NinjaWaddleDee wrote:

Fire emblem awakening
Zelda twilight princess
Mario party 10

Or

Thanks spoony, you've been a lot of help to me and my first world problems, lol. Thanks So you are saying go with a New 3ds xl?

Well is it all the hype that's getting you to want the New 3ds or do you really want one? When it was first announced I didn't really want one but I boarded the hype train a long time ago and I just game far more on my handhelds these days. I say go for it. It won't disappoint. The 3d looks so good as I tried it at Gamestop.

MERG said:

NinjaWaddleDee

Alright, I just picked up Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze. It's been a pretty good game so far. Not spectacular yet, but good. Okay, next decision.

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess for Wii

or

The Last of Us: Remastered for PS4

I know these aren't Wii U games specifically, but this is the most visited "recommendation" thread on the forums.

Spoony_Tech

NinjaWaddleDee wrote:

Alright, I just picked up Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze. It's been a pretty good game so far. Not spectacular yet, but good. Okay, next decision.

or

I know these aren't Wii U games specifically, but this is the most visited "recommendation" thread on the forums.

I can't speak for the Last of Us but if you fancy yourself a Zelda fan at all then you owe it to yourself to play TP. Best dungeons in any Zelda game to this point imo and even though a bit dated most realistic graphics for the series.

MERG said:

NinjaWaddleDee

Spoony_Tech wrote:

NinjaWaddleDee wrote:

or

I can't speak for the Last of Us but if you fancy yourself a Zelda fan at all then you owe it to yourself to play TP. Best dungeons in any Zelda game to this point imo and even though a bit dated most realistic graphics for the series.

Thanks! I might have to give it a shot then. The dungeons and combat are the best parts of Zelda to me, which is why Wind Waker's sailing turned me off. Looks like Twilight Princess will be my next purchase. That should hold me over until Splatoon and Borderlands Collection comes out. I might just wait on the Last of Us until around summer time. I've waited this long to play it, I can wait a little longer.

GrailUK

Not so much a game recommendation...but...

After playing Metroid Prime Trilogy for quite a few hours now, I just realised you can jump by flicking the remote while in morph ball. So you don't need to worry about failed double bomb jumps and falling into lava! You can flick, bomb then flick back to gain the extra height! So, that's my recommendation (Oh, and after realising this I immediately bounced Samus around the levels like I was an NBA pro lol.)

Edited on by GrailUK

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic