Forums

Topic: Total Number of Games for Wii U = Dissapointing

Posts 241 to 260 of 263

sub12

Has more to do with demographics and the small Wii U ownership base, the majority of which are either die hard Nintendo fans, or younger kids.

Besides a somewhat small group (people like me and you), the good percentage of those individuals are not interested in the Assassin Creeds, Arkham City, and the COD’s of the world.

Which means that 90% of the rest of the gaming world will be drawn to either PS4 or Xbox One to fulfill their needs (or the PS3 and X360).

sub12

DefHalan

moomoo wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

MAN1AC wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

I think when 3rd Parties stop releasing games on PS3 and Xbox 360 we will see how Wii U's 3rd Party will play out, until then sales are too focused on last gen

Wont really change anything.

The main thing it will change is Wii U having to compete with 8 year old systems' install base.

Which didn't seem to matter.

Assassin's Creed IV and Call of Duty had more than 10 times the sales each on PS4 than on the Wii U. And the XB1 wasn't far behind. Now factor those sales numbers into game engines that would need to be ported down rather than up for a Wii U release.

When all the left over Xbox 360 and PS3 owners can't buy the newest games and if Wii U has the 3rd Party support then we will see what happens. People will have to upgrade to play the newest games. If Nintendo can hold onto their current 3rd Party support it will be a big boost for them.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

electrolite77

LegatoSkyheart wrote:

nintendork666 wrote:

I'd much rather see the Wii U get original third party games than visually watered-down PS4/XB1 ports.

I wouldn't like Watered Down Ports either, which is why I'd like to see Major 3rd Party games that are MADE FOR WiiU as well as PS3,360,One, and 4.

Not Ports that are gimped.

But that's more effort than ports, for a system where system sales and game sales are struggling, and which doesn't share the technical power/architectural similarities of the XB1/PS4 Unless Nintendo are paying, that isn't happening.

Xbox Gamertag - GJB77XBOX

Playstation ID - GJB77

Switch friend code - SW-5907-7972-1196

Nintendo network Username - GJB77

SCRAPPER392

If Nintendo is going to pay for 3rd party, it would probably be exclusive, at that point. Tecmo probably won't even make another Dynasty Warriors game, until the Zelda Warriors game is finished.

Same thing with Namco. Nintendo is paying them for Super Smash Bros. development. They do have 3rd party, but it's been invested towards Nintendo's 1st party offerings, or exclusive games. I think that's plenty.

Besides that, 3rd parties don't necessarily look at each install base, individually. They look at the install base of every console, combined. 4 million Wii Us, 4 million Xbox Ones, and 4 million PS4s, looks like 12 million consoles to 3rd parties.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

CanisWolfred

I would like to see 3rd Party companies make original Wii U games. Granted, I still remember the days when exclusives were still a thing for most consoles, and companies didn't have to make a game for every system under the sun in order to make a profit...I suppose I'm just getting my hopes up...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

SCRAPPER392

@CanisWolfred
I somewhat agree. Even if Wii U's library ends up looking like the Wii or DS' library, that definitely won't be a bad thing. The GamePad is a core part of Wii U, and those same ideas can just as effectively be implemented for Smartglass or PS Vita. That's not a bad thing, IMO. Same thing with PS Vita and 3DS. Multiplat games for 3DS and Vita would be excellent.

Qwest

kkslider5552000

CanisWolfred wrote:

I would like to see 3rd Party companies make original Wii U games. Granted, I still remember the days when exclusives were still a thing for most consoles, and companies didn't have to make a game for every system under the sun in order to make a profit...I suppose I'm just getting my hopes up...

We desperately need XSEED (or whatever they're called now) to find some games no one has ever heard about. The world would be a better place with that.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

CaPPa

sub12 wrote:

Has more to do with demographics and the small Wii U ownership base, the majority of which are either die hard Nintendo fans, or younger kids.

Besides a somewhat small group (people like me and you), the good percentage of those individuals are not interested in the Assassin Creeds, Arkham City, and the COD’s of the world.

Which means that 90% of the rest of the gaming world will be drawn to either PS4 or Xbox One to fulfill their needs (or the PS3 and X360).

Not only that but there's also multi console owners, who usually seem to buy 3rd party games for their other platforms.

Nintendo's best strategy is to collaborate with 3rd parties (by assisting with either funding, publishing, advertising or development) to make exclusive games for the Wii U; much like they seem to be doing with Hyrule Warriors. A console full of exclusives must be worth buying.

CaPPa

MAN1AC

DefHalan wrote:

MAN1AC wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

I think when 3rd Parties stop releasing games on PS3 and Xbox 360 we will see how Wii U's 3rd Party will play out, until then sales are too focused on last gen

Wont really change anything.

The main thing it will change is Wii U having to compete with 8 year old systems' install base.

This has nothing to do with Wii U owners not buying multiplat games. Which is the real reason games arent coming to the wii U. The"I buy Nintendo consoles to play exclusives" crowd is killing the chance of seeing these games come to the Wii U unfortunately.

Four more months until Bayonetta 2.

3DS Friend Code: 0705-3088-6988 | Nintendo Network ID: MANIAC64

JaxonH

The Wii U will certainly boast a much smaller library than it's console brethren, that much is certain. But, that's not unexpected. When it comes to Nintendo, it's all about quality over quantity. There may only be a small fraction of games compared to rival consoles, however, Nintendo has historically done a pretty fine job at maintaining the same number of GREAT games. I look at my collector's shelf and I have about 35 amazing Gamecube games- top tier, every last one of them. I also have about 35 amazing Wii games- again, top tier stuff. Same for PS3.

Now I look at my Wii U section, and I kid you not, I already have over 33 games for it, in just one year. Granted, some of those are games that would not necessarily be considered "must-buys" by most gamers (I'm collecting Wii U 1st party games, so I have a few oddballs like Wii Party U and Game&Wario). So let's subtract the bs and count just the amazing, top-tier stuff. Let me see..... yep, ok. About 20 games, give or take. That's not bad for one year- not bad at all I dare say.

After Watch Dogs and Project Cars, I'm not sure the Wii U will really see more than the annual Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty games. Yet, based on the last 20+ years of history, I'm confident that Nintendo can and will provide us with just as many great games as the next console does. What the Wii U WON'T have is the hundreds of better-than-average-but-not-great games that other consoles will. And yes, that is a downside. But for me, I'm pretty much satisfied with the great games, so no worries there.

For me, it all boils down to smaller quantity, much higher quality and fun factor. Super Mario 3D World, for example. I'm STILL playing that game. I'm in the 11th world, and have every green star, stamp, and gold flag pole up to that point. I just can't stop playing it! I'm still playing the Pikmin 3 DLC. Haven't even TOUCHED Windwaker HD because there's too many games and not enough time lol. And DKC Tropical Freeze, let me tell you... that game excites me more than any Tomb Raider, Metal Gear Solid or Infamous you can throw my way. Nothing beats Donkey Kong Country- that game is dope as they come.

Personally, I hate choosing sides, which is why I opt for multiple consoles. Cherry pick the top games from each console, and you'll be playing nothing but the best the industry has to offer. If you like 3rd party games, I really don't see any way around not buying a PS4. Eventually, at some point, you're probably going to need to pick one up (unless you opt to stick with the PS3 and free online- you'd probably do pretty well considering most multiplats are coming to last gen consoles too, and probably will for some time).

Likewise, I really don't see any way around not buying a Wii U. I mean, as a gamer, I could not look at myself in the mirror each morning knowing I'm missing out on some of the finest games Nintendo has ever made, all in HD for the first time ever and with the best trio of input devices gaming has ever conceived (Gamepad is brilliant, Pro Controller rivals even the Xbox controller, and Wiimote/Nunchuk is the pinnacle of motion controls).

So yeah, the pickens may be slimmer than other consoles, but it's not the number of games that matters- it's the number of GREAT games, and the extent to which they are great, and why they are great. Games like Pikmin 3 or Wii Sports Club, using a combination of a second screen AND motion... yeah, you're not gonna find that anywhere but Wii U.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

JaxonH

It's not the number of games that matters- it's the number of really good games. Nintendo consoles have traditionally only boasted a small number of total games for the library; however, they have always gone toe to toe with Sony and MS when it comes to the number of amazing, must-have games.

Exclusive Wii U games worthy of purchase after one year include New Super Mario Bros U (and New Super Luigi U), Pikmin 3, Zelda Windwaker HD, Wonderful 101, Wii Sports Club, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, ZombiU, Lego City Undercover, Super Mario 3D World, and soon Donkey Kong Country Returns. One could also argue for Wii Fit U, if you're into working out. And Rayman Legends, despite being multiplat, was built ground up for Wii U- the game almost isn't worth buying on any other console.

The best part about Wii U's first year was that it got ports of many of the most highly rated 3rd party games. Darksiders 2, Mass Effect 3, Batman Arkham City, Ninja Gaiden 3 Razor's Edge, Assassin's Creed 3, Call of Duty Black Ops 2, Injustice, Deus Ex, Sniper Elite v2, etc...

I would have been ok just playing the top 10 exclusives on Wii U for 2013, but the fact there were 15-20 excellent 3rd party multiplats to go along with them really made my day. Say what you will, but really have no complaints with the Wii U library. In fact, I think it's rather impressive.

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

MarioFanatic38

Whoever changed my post. I'm going to say it again. Why bring Nintendo hate on a Nintendo fan page????? My post was very necessary.

Edited on by MarioFanatic38

MarioFanatic38

Ryno

MarioFanatic38 wrote:

Whoever changed my post. I'm going to say it again. Why bring Nintendo hate on a Nintendo fan page????? My post was very necessary.

Because this site is actually SonyLife.

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

shingi_70

MarioFanatic38 wrote:

This being a website based around Nintendo shouldn't mean that just gloss over all Christians we may have with the company.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Ryno

shingi_70 wrote:

MarioFanatic38 wrote:

This being a website based around Nintendo shouldn't mean that just gloss over all Christians we may have with the company.

Hey now, don't know why you got bring us Christians into this. After all, you will have a chance to get your copy of Super 3D Noah's Ark soon enough.

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

rallydefault

shingi_70 wrote:

MarioFanatic38 wrote:

Wait what lol

rallydefault

SCRAPPER392

People are just more critical than others. That's all, Every PS fan has a connection with Nintendo, since PS basically derived from SNES, so even if they don't like Nintendo, they feel as though they should have some say.

That's how I see it, anyway. The only time I criticise, is when someone criticises first. It's important that you can handle the same level of criticism that you are dishing out, yourself.

Examples:
Wii U has no games = neither does PS4 or Xbox One, as of now
Wii U doesn't have a big HDD = Xbox One and PS4 don't support ext. HDDs, as of now
The GamePad is pointless/a waste = PS Vita and Smartglass second screen features are just as relevant
Wii U doesn't have USB 3.0 = PS4 and Xbox One don't have bluetooth 4.0 or an SD card slot

There are examples in favor of Xbox One and PS4, too. There ar benefits of each, so criticising does little good. If I said PS Eye or Move was pointless, on a hardware level, that would technically mean that the equivalents on other consoles, is just as pointless. In this case, Move = Wii remote, and PS Eye = Kinect. Saying one is pointless or stupid is criticising one or the other, as well.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

MarioFanatic38

@Ryno: I know right, because their has been tons of Nintendo hate on this site.

MarioFanatic38

MarioFanatic38

@shingi_70

What are you talking the eff about???????? What does Christians got to do with what I was talking about????

Edited on by MarioFanatic38

MarioFanatic38

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.