Forums

Topic: Total Number of Games for Wii U = Dissapointing

Posts 221 to 240 of 263

SCRAPPER392

I think there's plenty of similarities between this generation and past generations. I could make a list, but it doesn't really indicate anything.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

Howard24U

slav wrote:

Honestly, the Wii U has enough good games to justify a purchase IMO, but not at 300 dollars. I'm being a cheap donkey, I know, but basically I'm really holding myself back from the beautiful little thing until it goes down to $250. If it were $270 I'd walk all the way from my suburb into the city to buy it and carry it back in my arms. I'd buy the Wind Waker HD bundle right now but I hate the stupid decals on the gamepad
Please watch the profanity — TBD

Are you aware that you can pick up the skylanders basic bundle for $239 from walmart? Comes with Nintendo Land as well. You can probably sell the skylanders stuff and own a Wii U for less than $200 if you're OK with the smaller storage.

Howard24U

kkslider5552000

8BitSamurai wrote:

WhereEaglesDare wrote:

GameCube days people:

Quality over quantity.

I think you misspelled that, fixed it for ya'

Not really, because much of the games people cared about were on all 3 consoles at the time. It was pretty even for exclusives vs. ports, instead of how Wii had to be the exclusive console and the Xbox 360 and PS3 had like 90-95% the same games.

Yeah I think it's cool that Nintendo gets ports of a lot of the big titles but it's pretty apparent to me that it should focus more on getting exclusives because people will buy a console for exclusives.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Jazzer94

SCAR392 wrote:

At the very worst, the games Wii U gets as ports, will be like comparing an GCN version of a game to PS2. My guess is just as good as any other's, FYI.

PS fans, of all people should be able to understand that. Go compare RE4 on the GCN and PS2. That's basically what I call a worse case scenario, in this situation. GCN and Xbox having better graphics didn't stop the PS2 from being more successful, and DVD mattered more as a progressive feat back in 6th gen.

If one explosion doesn't look as real on Wii U as it does on PS4, that isn't going to hinder support. PS3 was a technically more capable machine, and it didn't even compare to Xbox 360, most of the time(Skyrim, AC, Bayonetta, etc.), so I think that specs and what they mean are being blown out of proportion.

Even if one of these machines had 20 cores, that could equal 8 cores of another. Not everything is so cut and dry as "2 is more than 1", solely on their value.

I predict that this is most likely going to be the best case scenario if sales pick up otherwise I can't see 3rd parties taking financial risks to support Wii U which is a shame in the long run.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

Metaknight_3Raw

SCAR392 wrote:

At the very worst, the games Wii U gets as ports, will be like comparing an GCN version of a game to PS2. My guess is just as good as any other's, FYI.

PS fans, of all people should be able to understand that. Go compare RE4 on the GCN and PS2. That's basically what I call a worse case scenario, in this situation. GCN and Xbox having better graphics didn't stop the PS2 from being more successful, and DVD mattered more as a progressive feat back in 6th gen.

If one explosion doesn't look as real on Wii U as it does on PS4, that isn't going to hinder support. PS3 was a technically more capable machine, and it didn't even compare to Xbox 360, most of the time(Skyrim, AC, Bayonetta, etc.), so I think that specs and what they mean are being blown out of proportion.

Even if one of these machines had 20 cores, that could equal 8 cores of another. Not everything is so cut and dry as "2 is more than 1", solely on their value.

I think the worse case scenario is that the Wii U won't receive ports at all like what is pretty much happening now...

It's not even about the quality they just think the games won't sell on the Wii U and so they don't bother.

Metaknight_3Raw

MuchoMochi

I'm not really disappointed in my amount of games on the Wii U, I have other games I need to play as well. I'm more disappointed in the lack of variety of games that came out in 2013. I'm definitely done with platformers for a few months, Pikmin 3 didn't feel as "fresh" to me as I wanted. The Wonderful 101 and Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate are great, I still need to finish W101. The lack of a RPG is really hurting the Wii U for me, when I have a couple RPGS, Mario Kart, and SSMBU I'll be incredibly happy with the system's library. 2014 is looking more than great in that regard, as long as we get the tentative titles that are said to come out 2014.

Edited on by MuchoMochi

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6767-5334

faint

IlovedemRPGS wrote:

I'm not really disappointed in my amount of games on the Wii U, I have other games I need to play as well. I'm more disappointed in the lack of variety of games that came out in 2013. I'm definitely done with platformers for a few months, Pikmin 3 didn't feel as "fresh" to me as I wanted. The Wonderful 101 and Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate are great, I still need to finish W101. The lack of a RPG is really hurting the Wii U for me, when I have a couple RPGS, Mario Kart, and SSMBU I'll be incredibly happy with the system's library. 2014 is looking more than great in that regard, as long as we get the tentative titles that are said to come out 2014.

i agree with you on the rpg front. we definately need more of those.

[email protected]
friend code: 0103-9004-2456

SCRAPPER392

@Metknight_3raw
I wouldn't even worry about it. That selling reason is BS. 3rd parties supported Xbox One and PS4, no questions asked. There's something else going one, but it definitely has nothing to do with specs, or really even sales.

They might be waiting for Wii U to have a bigger install base, but they supported Xbox One and PS4 without an install base, at all. That implies that something else is goinng on.

My guess is that they need to make some money on Xbox One and PS4, before they start supporting Wii U. If they make profit from Xbox One and PS4 games, they'll be able to support things better.

Qwest

Jazzer94

SCAR392 wrote:

@Metknight_3raw
I wouldn't even worry about it. That selling reason is BS. 3rd parties supported Xbox One and PS4, no questions asked. There's something else going one, but it definitely has nothing to do with specs, or really even sales.

They might be waiting for Wii U to have a bigger install base, but they supported Xbox One and PS4 without an install base, at all. That implies that something else is goinng on.

My guess is that they need to make some money on Xbox One and PS4, before they start supporting Wii U. If they make profit from Xbox One and PS4 games, they'll be able to support things better.

3rd parties had games for the Wii U launch and guess what they all sold badly fast forward to PS4 and Xbox One developers again have games ready for launch and how do they perform sales wise pretty good actually so your whole point just sounds like BS to me.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

DefHalan

I think when 3rd Parties stop releasing games on PS3 and Xbox 360 we will see how Wii U's 3rd Party will play out, until then sales are too focused on last gen

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

SCRAPPER392

Jazzer94 wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

@Metknight_3raw

3rd parties had games for the Wii U launch and guess what they all sold badly fast forward to PS4 and Xbox One developers again have games ready for launch and how do they perform sales wise pretty good actually so your whole point just sounds like BS to me.

The game released on Wii U were 7th gen games. The games released on Xbox One and PS4 were 8th gen games.

The only way Wii U will stand up to Xbox One and PS4, is if it gets the same games. That's not BS. Those games on Xbox One and PS4 sold well, because they were 8th gen games, The games on Wii U sold poorly, because they were 7th gen games. That's why Wii U needs 8th gen games, because it sells more consoles(since you know you're getting the new game), and the games get better sales.

Is really that surprising that 7th gen games didn't sell that well on Wii U? I bought games, but that's only because that's all there was.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

MikeLove

SCAR392 wrote:

Is really that surprising that 7th gen games didn't sell that well on Wii U?

Yes, because 7th gen games like COD:Ghosts, AC4, B4, and all the EA Sports games have sold quite well on the 8th gen PS4/Xbox.

Edited on by MikeLove

MikeLove

SCRAPPER392

JohnRedcorn wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

Is really that surprising that 7th gen games didn't sell that well on Wii U?

Yes, because 7th gen games like COD:Ghosts, AC4, B4, and all the EA Sports games have sold quite well on the 8th gen PS4/Xbox.

People expect 8th gen games on Wii U. If 7th gen versions of games keep showing up, no one will buy them into the coming years. That's not the Wii U's fault.

It's still just better to see what happens, instead of trying to predict the future. Why try to guess either way? It just ends up starting a flame war.

Qwest

MAN1AC

I was pretty satisfied with the titles I picked up in 2013 but the support moving forward is embarrassing. I'm probably going to have to pick up a 4 sooner than I wanted to.

DefHalan wrote:

I think when 3rd Parties stop releasing games on PS3 and Xbox 360 we will see how Wii U's 3rd Party will play out, until then sales are too focused on last gen

Wont really change anything.

Four more months until Bayonetta 2.

3DS Friend Code: 0705-3088-6988 | Nintendo Network ID: MANIAC64

SCRAPPER392

MAN1AC wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

How would you know this, exactly?

Qwest

Skyfox2000

Hopefully Nintendo Can And Want To Change This!

Skyfox2000

Nintendo Network ID: Skyfox2000

moomoo

At the moment, I wouldn't say the current line up of games is disappointing. I've bought 12 retail games, so clearly the system isn't completely lacking in games.

I'm more concerned about what things will be like this year and the years that follow. They look pretty sparse. It also doesn't help that Nintendo hasn't released a game yet that comes up to the caliber of Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime 3, or Zelda: Twilight Princess (at least in my opinion. Don't get me wrong, Mario is a good game, but I just couldn't get into it like Galaxy. Plus, Mario Galaxy is my favorite game ever, so having to compete with that is going to hurt you a bit).

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

DefHalan

MAN1AC wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

The main thing it will change is Wii U having to compete with 8 year old systems' install base.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

moomoo

DefHalan wrote:

MAN1AC wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

The main thing it will change is Wii U having to compete with 8 year old systems' install base.

Which didn't seem to matter.

Assassin's Creed IV and Call of Duty had more than 10 times the sales each on PS4 than on the Wii U. And the XB1 wasn't far behind. Now factor those sales numbers into game engines that would need to be ported down rather than up for a Wii U release.

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.