Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 8,861 to 8,880 of 27,917

The_Ninja

I'm scared that G&W wont be in SSB4.... I need to own his amiibo, and I loved him in Brawl!

The_Ninja

3DS Friend Code: 1891-2599-4796

NinjaWaddleDee

Nintendaholic wrote:

No fox????? I feel like he should be in the first series since he is one of the original 12. Pretty excited to see what game and watch will look like

I think they're getting some of their heavy hitters out first. Not saying Fox isn't important, but I'm sure consumers will buy into Mario more than say, Marth or Fox. Although having Wii Fit Trainer and villager there is kind of suprising. I guess they had to save some of the other popular characters like Bowser, Charizard, Luigi, Zelda, etc for the next series. Hopefully after this ALL of the characters will be more mainstream.

Edited on by NinjaWaddleDee

Check out my YouTube channel if you love gaming, and Nintendo (especially Metroid) I think you'll enjoy my videos. :)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCagN36OxIjCGUVMaYFtPgSg

Nintendo Network ID: NinjaWaddleDee

NinjaWaddleDee

NintendoMonkey wrote:

I'm scared that G&W wont be in SSB4.... I need to own his amiibo, and I loved him in Brawl!

Also, WTF will his amiibo even LOOK like? LOL. It'll be a flat piece of plastic..... that I'll totally buy.

Check out my YouTube channel if you love gaming, and Nintendo (especially Metroid) I think you'll enjoy my videos. :)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCagN36OxIjCGUVMaYFtPgSg

Nintendo Network ID: NinjaWaddleDee

MrWalkieTalkie

NintendoMonkey wrote:

There's no way G&W won't get in. Why would they show him in a trailer and then just to tell us he won't be playable? Plus he shows up in the amiibo promotional art, strongly hinting he'll get an amiibo.

Untitled

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Mr.WalkieTalkie
Nintendo Network ID: Mr.WalkieTalkie
3DS Friend Code: 4382-2073-7299

VOTE WONDER-RED FOR SMASH!!

OmegaMetroid93

NintendoMonkey wrote:

They already confirmed him along with PacMan.

Edited on by OmegaMetroid93

OmegaMetroid93

The_Ninja

Well yea but why isn't he on the site? I do think he's gonna be in after seeing that amiibo art.. And he's always a unlockable so yea I should not worry xD

The_Ninja

Jazzer94

OmegaMetroid93 wrote:

NintendoMonkey wrote:

They didn't confirm him if we use your logic Dark Pit is a confirmed character too.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

OmegaMetroid93

Jazzer94 wrote:

OmegaMetroid93 wrote:

NintendoMonkey wrote:

They didn't confirm him if we use your logic Dark Pit is a confirmed character too.

I guess you're right. They haven't outright confirmed him.
But Dark Pit is a Kid icarus character, so it made sense for him to be in the Palutena reveal trailer. Plus, he was a costume for Pit in Brawl.

Mr. G&W has been in two previous games, and doesn't have anything to do with PacMan. Putting him in that trailer without having him in the game would be ridiculously decieving. There's no reason to think G&W won't be in the game.

OmegaMetroid93

The_Ninja

The thing is, G&W and Pac outdate Mario and DK. They were born in the same year I believe so he is kinda related to Pac.

The_Ninja

Azooooz

I notice something minor but in the same time a new thing in SSB 4. If you meteor smash your opponent on the floor, he/she will bounce up. Example: Greninja's Final Smash.

Making promise is easy. The hard part is keeping it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3533-1743-6611 | 3DS Friend Code: 5069-3944-7877 | My Nintendo: azooooz | Nintendo Network ID: desert_king_Q8

OmegaMetroid93

Yeaaah... I still definitely think he's returning though. But I suppose we'll see.

OmegaMetroid93

Nintendo6400

Mr G&W will make it. I'm scared that Wolf may not make it.

3DS FC: 4854-6437-9458
Friend Safari: Fire- Growlith, Pyroar, Flechling

Joeynator3000

MrWalkieTalkie wrote:

NintendoMonkey wrote:

There's no way G&W won't get in. Why would they show him in a trailer and then just to tell us he won't be playable? Plus he shows up in the amiibo promotional art, strongly hinting he'll get an amiibo.

Untitled

....Mind me asking why is Isabella and Tom Nook in there as well? Are they gonna randomly be playable too? lol
....Yeah this isn't even a Smash-related pic, it's just, well...for Amiibo. lol

Edited on by Joeynator3000

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Shirma_Akayaku

Xiao_Pai wrote:

....Mind me asking why is Isabella and Tom Nook in there as well? Are they gonna randomly be playable too? lol
....Yeah this isn't even a Smash-related pic, it's just, well...for Amiibo. lol

Animal Crossing U?

Wi-Fi Game List:
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Splatoon
Super Smash Bros. Wii U & 3DS + All DLC
Mario Kart 8 + All DLC
Mario Golf: World Tour + All DLC
Mario Kart 7
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Wii U & 3DS Game Wish List:...

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9553-9610 | Nintendo Network ID: Toadette75

Joeynator3000

Who is that under Isabella anyways?

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

The_Ninja

Dark-Luigi wrote:

Don't forget 8-bit Mario, Lucia, and Toad.

Mario Maker?

The_Ninja

The_Ninja

Xiao_Pai wrote:

Who is that under Isabella anyways?

Lucina. From Fire Emblem. I'm not sure tho since I don't play FE.

The_Ninja

Adam

I am sure there are a million impressions here by now, but I went to Smash Fest and thought I'd share my (belated) thoughts.

Overall, because it is something of a compromise between Brawl and Melee's physics, it did not have that brand new excitement that Brawl had. But that's fine, I don't need the wheel reinvented.

I played Smash Run twice and two rounds of normal matches on Wii U. Each game I played a new character, which I regretted afterward. Playing against other players makes it hard to learn new characters, and items make it even harder. I didn't really know what I was doing. It would have been nice to pick Bowser or another old comfort pick one round to get a better feel for the new game.

Smash Run is neat. The fact that you don't interact with other players during the run is disappointing. It gets compared to Kirby's Air Ride, but in Air Ride a lot of the fun was competing with others for those power-ups. This was still fun, but I don't see it being something I play a ton of necessarily. Once you get in the actual match, it is hard to tell what kind of difference the power-ups make since they are just stat changes. Maybe that would be different for others, but I am not a numbers guy, not when playing games, anyway. I know you also have items on the bottom screen, but most of the time I forgot about them because I am not used to looking at two screens for Smash. I really like that idea, so hopefully that improves the experience.

The 3DS controls felt really weird. I can't say why. I hope it is something I get used to. If this game were coming out second, I could see skipping it, but I can't control myself that well. I will have to get the first version of Smash I can get my hands on and switch to console later.

The Wii U version does look quite nice, and I liked the stages we played. The Pilot Wings stage felt a lot like Mario Sunshine's level in Brawl. I forget the other we played. The Fire Emblem arena, I believe.

Out of all my matches, I played Mega Man, Wii Fit Trainer, Villager, and Rosalina. Mega Man was my first game, and I didn't know the controls yet, so I wasn't sure if I was doing his special or normal shot for a long time. Having a projectile basic attack is so odd for me. By the time I finished the "run" portion of Smash Run and got in the match, I finally understood what I was doing and enjoyed playing him. Wii Fit Trainer was confusing. I didn't know what one or two of her moves did. Villager was fun, but I could not figure out which of his moves drops the bowling ball, which made me sad. However, flapping about with the Balloon Fight balloons was more than enough to entertain me. My last round was with Rosalina, which was the most difficult to figure out of all of them... somehow I won that though, thanks to a Smash Ball or some other huge item.

I didn't have a super exciting reaction to any of the new characters, but I hope with more practice when it comes out, Villager and Mega Man will become regular picks for me, though I'm sure I'd be perfectly fine just sticking to Bowser and Samus (of the ones revealed so far... come on, Ness or Lucas!).

Edited on by Adam

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic