Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 8,841 to 8,860 of 27,917

IceClimbers

I think it's 10 amiibos at launch, with the rest of the roster getting amiibos later. Definitely want to get a Pit amiibo for at least display. Might get Kirby for functionality. Mega Man is a must though.

With the 3DS version launching in Japan on September 13th, we'll know the full roster early. Will be interesting to see how much stuff is shown before then. Curious to see what mode is using that Intensity Cauldron.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

2Sang

Rest in peace shadow, silver, john lennon, and jack ruby. You were all great first party characters with guns.

Anyways, do you guys think there'll be any other preorder bonuses other than the coins? I'd preorder another copy and keep it in the case if it was a cool preorder bonus.

Another thing: do you think I should start saving up for a wii u now, or wait and see if smash gets a special edition wii u?

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2sang/nintendo-pizza-scented-air-freshener-mach-pizza-ea
BACK MY PROJECT EVEN $1 HELPS!

Nintendo Network ID: DJ2Sang | Twitter:

Uncle_Franklin

@2Sang

I think you should wait for the fairly likely special edition. 3DS version should keep you going.

Uncle_Franklin

IceClimbers

@2Sang Definitely start saving up, but wait for the inevitable bundle before buying. We might see a Deluxe bundle w/ Smash Bros, Mario amiibo, GCN controller adapter, and GCN controller.

2Sang

@franklin and @iceclimbers thanks for the advice. That's what I was thinking, but was unsure. I actually have 3 wii u games even though I don't own the console yet lol.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2sang/nintendo-pizza-scented-air-freshener-mach-pizza-ea
BACK MY PROJECT EVEN $1 HELPS!

Nintendo Network ID: DJ2Sang | Twitter:

IceClimbers

2Sang wrote:

@franklin and @iceclimbers thanks for the advice. That's what I was thinking, but was unsure. I actually have 3 wii u games even though I don't own the console yet lol.

Nice lol.

Anyways, I just realized one of the best things about having Mii Fighters. Mike Tyson vs Little Mac.

IceClimbers

@DestinyMan Indeed. Including the Intensity Cauldron in Classic Mode is pretty cool.

Tsuchinoko

About the comments regarding Captain Toad, I have no idea what the storyline for the game is, but is CT the same Toad as the one Peach uses? Yeah, that seems convoluted, but just thinking it doesn't discount him.

I hope all of the fighters get their own amiibo eventually. I only have a 3DS, so I don't plan on getting any right away, since I read somewhere that the 3DS will get its own amiibo accessory.

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

Nintendo6400

Check out this bug i found when searching for smash fest videos. http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=h7bfWzqlFmI look around 53 seconds and watch Bowser. I just figured I'd share this.

3DS FC: 4854-6437-9458
Friend Safari: Fire- Growlith, Pyroar, Flechling

MegaStoneSmash91

I'll definitely be getting some amiibos. I haven't decided how many yet, but I know I'll be getting my favorite ones. Mega Man is a must get, and I'll also pick up Luigi, Toon Link, Link, Villager, and probably more. I wonder how cool the Captain Falcon amiibo will be.

Also, I wonder where the best place to buy them is going to be. Gamestop? Wal-Mart? Amazon? And if they really are making one for all the characters, how will they do hidden characters? Perhaps by the time of the Wii U version's release it won't matter, and they'll only have some of the characters to start with anyway. Still, those of us who would prefer to keep themselves in the dark will have a hard time doing so.

Speaking of which, once the 3DS version is out in Japan, I don't suppose everyone could avoid from posting spoilers here? Being on the internet at all would be dangerous at that time, and not everyone can be trusted to do that. Now that I think about it, that's an awful lot to ask. Someone will post stuff anyway.

Beep.
That is all.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0896-8068-4007 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

CaviarMeths

There's 8 amiibos that I know I'll be picking up. 10 if Falcon and Chrom show up in the roster.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

The_Ninja

What if... the kirby amiibo allowed you to play as him in MK8! That would actually work pretty well, but I doubt it. I did recall nintendo saying that each amiibo works in multipile games, or something close to that.

And I'll buy the Mega Man, Pac Man, Mario and Sonic amiibo and put them in my room, will also buy all the pokemon and set them behind the big stars.

Edited on by The_Ninja

The_Ninja

3DS Friend Code: 1891-2599-4796

Tsuchinoko

MegaStoneSmash91 wrote:

I'll definitely be getting some amiibos. I haven't decided how many yet, but I know I'll be getting my favorite ones. Mega Man is a must get, and I'll also pick up Luigi, Toon Link, Link, Villager, and probably more. I wonder how cool the Captain Falcon amiibo will be.

Also, I wonder where the best place to buy them is going to be. Gamestop? Wal-Mart? Amazon? And if they really are making one for all the characters, how will they do hidden characters? Perhaps by the time of the Wii U version's release it won't matter, and they'll only have some of the characters to start with anyway. Still, those of us who would prefer to keep themselves in the dark will have a hard time doing so.

Speaking of which, once the 3DS version is out in Japan, I don't suppose everyone could avoid from posting spoilers here? Being on the internet at all would be dangerous at that time, and not everyone can be trusted to do that. Now that I think about it, that's an awful lot to ask. Someone will post stuff anyway.

Yeah, not to be negative but when dealing with the Internet and trying to avoid spoilers, unless you avoid any Smash related stuff you're going to see something. I learned that the hard way a few years ago with a really intense Big Brother UK, and I gave up on How I Met Your Mother because I saw something I didn't want to. Since we're all understanding we can try, but if you visit any Smash blog or website or message board, you're going to see something.

Edit. I live in Japan, and am getting the game first day, I will try not to spoil anything unless I see someone else mention it first.

Edited on by Tsuchinoko

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

The_Ninja

I don't want spoilers but I do want some info on the game, like how the controls work, if there is CPP support and maybe some screenshots/videos that don't spoil anything.. to get me even more hyped in those 3 weeks.

Edited on by The_Ninja

The_Ninja

The_Ninja

Everyone can edit IMDB. So it probaly doesn't mean anything, but Shulk could still be playable anyways.

Edited on by The_Ninja

The_Ninja

OmegaMetroid93

Oh, I didn't know that. It's probably nothing then. That's a shame. =S

OmegaMetroid93

The_Ninja

Oh wait, edits get checked by admins before they're posted, but false info can still get in there tho.

Edited on by The_Ninja

The_Ninja

NinjaWaddleDee

UGXwolf wrote:

Rosalina wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

I would happily pick up a Captain Toad amiibo. =D But let's talk about what the game will likely launch with. My bets are on:

Mario, Donkey Kong, Samus, Link, Fox, Kirby, Pikachu, Pit, Marth, and Yoshi.

I think Peach and/or Zelda might be included too. We already know that there will be Amiibos for all characters, so I'm wondering if Sakurai will reveal all the characters before then.

I thought they said, they'd only be releasing the game with 10 Amiibos during Bill Trinen's run-down after the Digital Event.

Yep! They confirmed the following characters would make up series 1:

Mario
Yoshi
Peach
Donkey Kong
Samus
KIrby
Link
Pikachu
Wii Fit Trainer
VIllager

Check out my YouTube channel if you love gaming, and Nintendo (especially Metroid) I think you'll enjoy my videos. :)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCagN36OxIjCGUVMaYFtPgSg

Nintendo Network ID: NinjaWaddleDee

Nintendaholic

No fox????? I feel like he should be in the first series since he is one of the original 12. Pretty excited to see what game and watch will look like

Edited on by Nintendaholic

3ds fc:5112-3427-3255
wii u id: nintendaholic

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic