Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 20,381 to 20,400 of 27,917

veeflames

TheGreatBrawler wrote:

I use tap to jump, I just use c-stick for up air.

What about the 3DS version? Unless you have the New 3DS...
I rarely use the R Stick for Smashing. I use the L Stick both for jumping and smashing. Sometimes I miss, or I attack in the wrong direction, but I manage.

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

Nintendo6400

Tsuchinoko wrote:

Lucas could have a future if they released (or re-released) Mother 3 internationally, and Wolf having a big part in the next Star Fox game makes him a good candidate for DLC. We'll see. I feel like this Smash will grow slowly, though I'm not sure if that specifically means characters.

On the Diddy Kong topic, he was in my personal top five in Brawl, but I haven't played him so much in 4. Other characters are getting my attention more there days.

The character that seems difficult to fight against (and tbh its been weeks since I've played, been busy), was Villager.

I hope smash gets dlc beyond Mewtwo. I want my Wolfie back

3DS FC: 4854-6437-9458
Friend Safari: Fire- Growlith, Pyroar, Flechling

Tsuchinoko

Nintendo6400 wrote:

Tsuchinoko wrote:

Lucas could have a future if they released (or re-released) Mother 3 internationally, and Wolf having a big part in the next Star Fox game makes him a good candidate for DLC. We'll see. I feel like this Smash will grow slowly, though I'm not sure if that specifically means characters.

On the Diddy Kong topic, he was in my personal top five in Brawl, but I haven't played him so much in 4. Other characters are getting my attention more there days.

The character that seems difficult to fight against (and tbh its been weeks since I've played, been busy), was Villager.

Yeah, Wolf and especially Lucas were hard cuts for me. If I had to chose a third (non-ice climber) vet it would be Snake, for personal nostalgic reasons.

This is most likely Sakurai's last Smash, but he said he wants the series to continue after him. Thats why I think DLC is likely, but they're going to be super tight-lipped about it either way.

I'm wondering, since we got into the topic of so called pro players, and keeping to a set way of playing.

What are your personal strategies for your main that you thing are maybe unusual?

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

CapeSmash

The thing I find weird is that before Wolf was disconfirmed, nobody cared about him. I saw very little requests asking for Wolf to come back. But now that he's gone, everyone, and I mean EVERYONE is freaking out that he got cut.

Same goes for Roy; nobody cared about him until he was cut from Brawl. These people cry and complain about clones, but they want Roy back. Why? He's just a crapier version of Marth, but with flames on some of his attacks.

The Smash community confuses me.

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

Gridatttack

The thing with wolf and lucas was that no one really expected them to be cut. Since they were to some degree unique characters rather than full clones.

New Super Mario Bros. Deluxe, a remake of Super Mario Bros 1 and The Lost Levels for NSMBDS.
new 3DS: 0276-2211-7514

3DS Friend Code: 0276-2211-7514 | Nintendo Network ID: Gridatttack

Pootypie

VolcanoFlamesNL wrote:

TheGreatBrawler wrote:

I rarely use the R Stick for Smashing. I use the L Stick both for jumping and smashing. Sometimes I miss, or I attack in the wrong direction, but I manage.

Hold on up with your normal stick then press a, if you move stick a bit to right or left it will still work.

Edited on by Pootypie

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

MsJubilee

You guys are putting too much faith on DLC,you guys want characters that may never come back.I'm not saying they're not though.

Edited on by MsJubilee

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Tsuchinoko

Well, I was trying to steer the topic away from that a bit.

Well for example, as far as possible unusual strategies go, I am a Zelda main that uses her as more of an offensive character, rather than a defensive one. I use her side smash, throws and teleports a lot.

One thing I like doing with Diddy is running at an opponent and when I'm close I start the jet-pack so it blasts them, but I only do it for the explosion and then go for a throw right after.

KO-Cub

midnafanboy wrote:

You guys are putting too much faith on DLC,you guys want characters that may never come back. I'm not saying they're not though.

^
Calm down everyone. Let's just get Mewtwo first.

VolcanoFlamesNL wrote:

TheGreatBrawler wrote:

My 2ds is comfy for my hands and I have Tap Jump off for the same reasons. I play more online on the 3ds because when people moved to the WiiU, they were actually some skillful people out there.

Tsuchinoko wrote:

What are your personal strategies for your main that you think are maybe unusual?

Ike grabbing the ledge, let go and quickly Aether, trap you opponent and move away from the ledge during the spin, move back with good timing before Ike comes down, opponent gets meteor'ed between you and the ledge and you grab the ledge. Hard to pull, but cheap. Or you could have one life more than your opponent, Aether and Kamikaze off the stage. Funny, but cheap.

Wavedashes behind you Got some of dat Maylay?
FE Heroes: 0964602082

3DS Friend Code: 5343-9126-6120 | Nintendo Network ID: KOCub

CapeSmash

Gridatttack wrote:

The thing with wolf and lucas was that no one really expected them to be cut. Since they were to some degree unique characters rather than full clones.

Er... I'm not sure about that. Whenever ANYONE would bring up who would most likely get cut, Lucas and Wolf were always the first ones brought up.

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

UGXwolf

Well I main Link and I tend to be more aggressive than the typical Link. Most often, I'll make sure I have a bomb in hand and I like to get up close to deliver more pain than I could from afar. Not that the bow isn't super useful for people that out-class me in short-range, but I just don't see the need to stay at a distance at all times. A good player will eventually learn my projectile pattern, and with certain characters, they'll just send 'em right back.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

TeeJay

Tsuchinoko wrote:

Nintendo6400 wrote:

Tsuchinoko wrote:

Yeah, Wolf and especially Lucas were hard cuts for me. If I had to chose a third (non-ice climber) vet it would be Snake, for personal nostalgic reasons.

This is most likely Sakurai's last Smash, but he said he wants the series to continue after him. Thats why I think DLC is likely, but they're going to be super tight-lipped about it either way.

I'm wondering, since we got into the topic of so called pro players, and keeping to a set way of playing.

What are your personal strategies for your main that you thing are maybe unusual?

Unique strategies I use with my main? Hmmmm. Well I main Toon Link. The only things I can think of (other than being an unusually aggressive Toon Link) are the way I use my Up B. After I use an aerial attack and miss, I tend to immediately follow up with an Up B that I suspect catches people off-guard cause they were expecting another aerial A, which takes longer. The Up B however can pretty much immediately follow a missed aerial move so I find it very reliable.

Another thing I do is if I'm hanging on a ledge and the opponent is standing at the edge waiting for me to get up with A, I drop and then immediately Up B. Success varies. Most of the time it works and if the enemy shields it I can usually grab the edge again before they can retaliate.

...Sometimes I mess up though and I end up fast falling into the abyss...

Edited on by TeeJay

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Grumblevolcano

CapeSmash wrote:

Gridatttack wrote:

Er... I'm not sure about that. Whenever ANYONE would bring up who would most likely get cut, Lucas and Wolf were always the first ones brought up.

To be fair though, for most of the time when the complete roster was unknown the Star Fox and Mother series were RIP (Mother still is and no, remakes do not count as reviving the series so the last proper Star Fox game was Command in 2006). It is still questionable whether the Wii U Star Fox is just another 64 remake.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Tsuchinoko

Grumblevolcano wrote:

CapeSmash wrote:

Gridatttack wrote:

To be fair though, for most of the time when the complete roster was unknown the Star Fox and Mother series were RIP (Mother still is and no, remakes do not count as reviving the series so the last proper Star Fox game was Command in 2006). It is still questionable whether the Wii U Star Fox is just another 64 remake.

Huge difference between a series being dead or ignored and a series being completed. All the Mother series will get is (hopefully more sooner than later) a full trilogy package or updates. Just because a franchise is finished doesn't mean it should be marginalized, particularly if most of the series (including the final instalment) hasn't seen international release.

And I was under the impression that the new Star Fox game was a new story in episodic form.

Hervine

I want DLC costumes more than anything.. Like an Impa costume for Sheik! Rather that than clones.

Edited on by Hervine

Hervine

KO-Cub

So I was playing my 3ds Smash online, right. Noticed that Olimar has a lot of bugs in the Pikmin following him. They tend to run away after throwing a different Pikmin. The Pikmin are with me, but don't act to the next input I give. Needs to be fixed. I gave a free win to 2 guys.

Wavedashes behind you Got some of dat Maylay?
FE Heroes: 0964602082

3DS Friend Code: 5343-9126-6120 | Nintendo Network ID: KOCub

veeflames

I faced a so called expert Diddy Kong today! Yeah, powerful kicks and air combos. I won the match sorta easily though.
How do you guys handle tension and sweaty palms when playing online? I won a lot of online matches recently, but I've been playing not so hot... in fact, like as if I just started playing Smash for the first time...

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

Grumblevolcano

Tsuchinoko wrote:

Grumblevolcano wrote:

CapeSmash wrote:

Gridatttack wrote:

Huge difference between a series being dead or ignored and a series being completed. All the Mother series will get is (hopefully more sooner than later) a full trilogy package or updates. Just because a franchise is finished doesn't mean it should be marginalized, particularly if most of the series (including the final instalment) hasn't seen international release.

And I was under the impression that the new Star Fox game was a new story in episodic form.

In terms of Mother, I was specifically meaning about the trilogy being unavailable outside of Japan. Sure it was complete in Japan in 2006 but the rest of the world only got Earthbound (Europe of course getting the game for the first time via Wii U VC). Star Fox 64 was of course available worldwide for N64 10 years before the 3DS remake.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic