Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 19,941 to 19,960 of 27,917

MsJubilee

UGXwolf wrote:

Yet another bad night of playing yet another set of bad matches against unrealistically good players to make me feel like one of the few things I put any real effort into, I also happen to be awful at... I hate this game, sometimes. Seriously, I got into one match with a Captain that absolutely would not let me touch the ground, and being Little Mac, I had nearly no options for getting out of it, aside from a painfully exploitable counter that could make things worse for me. This is the first time I've ever used the quit function in my life. It was so painfully unfun and infuriating that I actually quit. And I played the IWBTG for Christ sakes. I'm used to infuriating.

Okay i would recommend practicing friendo,with level 9 CPU'S cause they know what they're doing.They can destroy you but it might help you learn some stuff.That's what i'm doing with my mains if they give me trouble,i'm doing something wrong and if i'm beating them like nothing then i'm doing something right.And you're using little mac anyone who plays smash knows keep Little mac in the air.But hey that's me and that's what i been doing for the past two weeks.

Edited on by MsJubilee

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

MrYuzhai

Hope you're all loving the game as much as I am! Feel free to friend me so we can Smash online! My NNID is DrYuzhai

Side note - I've got some Official Smash Bros White GameCube controllers up on eBay brand new bundled with gc controller to wii remote adapters!

I'm based in the UK and am guaranteeing delivery before Xmas if bought in time!

Please feel free to share with anyone you may think could be interested!

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=291330094728...

MrYuzhai

Twitter:

Tsuchinoko

midnafanboy wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

Yet another bad night of playing yet another set of bad matches against unrealistically good players to make me feel like one of the few things I put any real effort into, I also happen to be awful at... I hate this game, sometimes. Seriously, I got into one match with a Captain that absolutely would not let me touch the ground, and being Little Mac, I had nearly no options for getting out of it, aside from a painfully exploitable counter that could make things worse for me. This is the first time I've ever used the quit function in my life. It was so painfully unfun and infuriating that I actually quit. And I played the IWBTG for Christ sakes. I'm used to infuriating.

Okay i would recommend practicing friendo,with level 9 CPU'S cause they know what they're doing.They can destroy you but it might help you learn some stuff.That's what i'm doing with my mains if they give me trouble,i'm doing something wrong and if i'm beating them like nothing then i'm doing something right.And you're using little mac anyone who plays smash knows keep Little mac in the air.But hey that's me and that's what i been doing for the past two weeks.

I play so much single mode vs. lvl 9 cpus. It really helps and my reaction time got so fast.

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

MrYuzhai

Tsuchinoko wrote:

midnafanboy wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

I play so much single mode vs. lvl 9 cpus. It really helps and my reaction time got so fast.

It can be tough but I must say it feels very balanced compared to Brawl! Love playing online - when I need a breather spectator mode is awesome!

MrYuzhai

Twitter:

Grumblevolcano

UGXwolf wrote:

MasterWario wrote:

Grumblevolcano wrote:

I hated the Hungry Hungry Kirby (Kirby's Crazy Appetite) event, Great Cave Offensive stage zooms out too much.

That one is just awful because of the luck factor. The lucky bread spawns really helped on that one.

NintendoFan64 wrote:

Okay, so I recently tried to finish the challenge for the event where you're Olimar pitted against a giant Bowser (don't remember what it's called), and I managed to beat the challenge because my opponent...committed Bowser-cide. It was rather interesting, to say the least.

I'm pretty sure Bowser killed himself when I did that one.

@UGXwolf Same here! And I would have never gotten it if I couldn't just throw the Warios off the edge on the Wii Fit Trainer one.

Actually, the Kirby one is entirely doable if you just remember a few things. Food spawns more often in the bottom left corner, Dedede will often open chests for you and generally not eat the food, especially if he doesn't have much damage. Finally, Kirby heals more from inhaling food than picking it up. You can also cheat a bit by using a custom Kirby with a Caloric Auto-healer item.

You can't cheat, that event is one of the few where custom characters are not an option.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

UGXwolf

Grumblevolcano wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

MasterWario wrote:

Grumblevolcano wrote:

I hated the Hungry Hungry Kirby (Kirby's Crazy Appetite) event, Great Cave Offensive stage zooms out too much.

That one is just awful because of the luck factor. The lucky bread spawns really helped on that one.

NintendoFan64 wrote:

Okay, so I recently tried to finish the challenge for the event where you're Olimar pitted against a giant Bowser (don't remember what it's called), and I managed to beat the challenge because my opponent...committed Bowser-cide. It was rather interesting, to say the least.

I'm pretty sure Bowser killed himself when I did that one.

@UGXwolf Same here! And I would have never gotten it if I couldn't just throw the Warios off the edge on the Wii Fit Trainer one.

Actually, the Kirby one is entirely doable if you just remember a few things. Food spawns more often in the bottom left corner, Dedede will often open chests for you and generally not eat the food, especially if he doesn't have much damage. Finally, Kirby heals more from inhaling food than picking it up. You can also cheat a bit by using a custom Kirby with a Caloric Auto-healer item.

You can't cheat, that event is one of the few where custom characters are not an option.

Oh. Makes sense. That'd be way too easy.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

NintendoFan64

PKNoUsernameHere wrote:

Bit late but has anyone seen this?

Epic Fawfuls Minion and Regnilla SSB4 fail. (Does contain some swearing)

I saw it, and actually tried it alone. It was...interesting.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

retropunky

Speaking of difficulty, I can take down a level 9 CPU with no stock taken. Two CPUs I might barely survive, with one extra stock, or with the last stock in play.

Three level 9 CPUs? I'm a dead man standing.

retropunky

3DS Friend Code: 4313-0436-2109

Azooooz

PKpunky wrote:

Speaking of difficulty, I can take down a level 9 CPU with no stock taken. Two CPUs I might barely survive, with one extra stock, or with the last stock in play.

I am going to try to face against a team of 7 level 9 CPUs, now that's a cruel smash.

Edited on by Azooooz

Making promise is easy. The hard part is keeping it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3533-1743-6611 | 3DS Friend Code: 5069-3944-7877 | My Nintendo: azooooz | Nintendo Network ID: desert_king_Q8

Tsuchinoko

PKpunky wrote:

Three CPUs with my mains (Zelda and Ness. G&W, Toon Link, Palutena and Villager I'm getting better with) are no problem.

I can't even deal with Ganondorf or Olimar.

TeeJay

The only way I have a chance with two level 9 CPUs (without team attack on) is if I spam some super cheap move or resort to long boring tactics that wittle away HP (inch on percentage? Idk) before going in for the kill. If team attack is on however, I can just barely survive 2 CPUs if I fight normally.

Edited on by TeeJay

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Jazzer94

Azooooz wrote:

PKpunky wrote:

I am going to try to face against a team of 7 level 9 CPUs, now that's a cruel smash.

Did that awhile back on Temple, really was a boring fight.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

Tsuchinoko

TeeJay wrote:

The only way I have a chance with two level 9 CPUs (without team attack on) is if I spam some super cheap move or resort to long boring tactics that wittle away HP (inch on percentage? Idk) before going in for the kill. If team attack is on however, I can just barely survive 2 CPUs if I fight normally.

Practice makes perfect. What character(s) do you main?

TeeJay

Tsuchinoko wrote:

TeeJay wrote:

Practice makes perfect. What character(s) do you main?

Toon Link, Lucina, Luigi, Villager, and Rosalina. I use Toon Link and Lucina the most, though I use all of them a lot too.

Edited on by TeeJay

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

MsJubilee

Tsuchinoko wrote:

PKpunky wrote:

Three CPUs with my mains (Zelda and Ness. G&W, Toon Link, Palutena and Villager I'm getting better with) are no problem.

I can't even deal with Ganondorf or Olimar.

Oh my god level 9 olimar is a beast, he counter's everything like nothing!It's so crazy but awesome.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Crimzonlogic

You guys are all talking about how many level 9 cpus you can take down, and I'm over here still struggling with level fives. I shouldn't be this bad. I've played since the first game. T-T

Edited on by Crimzonlogic

Currently playing: Smash Bros. 3DS, Xenoblade Chronicles, Alpha Sapphire.
Attempting to guide nephew through Skyward Sword. He keeps getting stuck.

Select one:
-Give me snacks.
-High-five me.
-Check out my Deviantart for dumb art: http://crimzonlogic.deviantart.c...

FriedSquid

I don't know if this actually helps at all or if it's just in my head, but I sometimes have a Lv 9 CPU attack in training mode and put the game at ¼ speed.

I play in slow motion for a while and then when I switch the speed back to normal, I feel like my reaction time is faster and I can attack at my oppenent's openings easier. Like I said, this only feels temporary and probably doesn't help much overall, but has anyone else tried it?

Sav'aaq!
A Miiverse admin's first day on the job.
"Samus is under fire! She's sent an emergency directive! Join the fight!"
My Squidloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6168-7289 | Nintendo Network ID: captainsquid

UGXwolf

@midnafanboy Problem is, and this has been my problem since the beginning, I don't have the time or patience to practice. I just want to enjoy the game, but I'm the type that feels bad if he's not doing For Glory. (And I've always preferred 1-v-1's, of course.

Also, bear in mind, I don't play just Little Mac. I expect Little Mac matches to either go really well or really bad, but that was just insane. I felt like it didn't matter what I did because I wouldn't be able to touch the ground at all. It was also on the tail end of getting creamed while using some of my best players. What Smash needs is a (better?) ranking system. Just so I don't wind up fighting against one of the two extremes, because I don't find either one fun at all. I need someone on my skill level to play with.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic