Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 19,961 to 19,980 of 27,917

Tsuchinoko

Crimzonlogic wrote:

You guys are all talking about how many level 9 cpus you can take down, and I'm over here still struggling with level fives. I shouldn't be this bad. I've played since the first game. T-T

I'm a nerd with no social life. I'm engaged but that doesn't count as we're both nerds.

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

Pootypie

Undead_terror wrote:

Does anyone else get a error code when trying to join matchs?

Yeah I do, it's so annoying. Thankfully now I know it isn't my connection...

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

Jazzer94

UGXwolf wrote:

@midnafanboy Problem is, and this has been my problem since the beginning, I don't have the time or patience to practice. I just want to enjoy the game, but I'm the type that feels bad if he's not doing For Glory. (And I've always preferred 1-v-1's, of course.

Also, bear in mind, I don't play just Little Mac. I expect Little Mac matches to either go really well or really bad, but that was just insane. I felt like it didn't matter what I did because I wouldn't be able to touch the ground at all. It was also on the tail end of getting creamed while using some of my best players. What Smash needs is a (better?) ranking system. Just so I don't wind up fighting against one of the two extremes, because I don't find either one fun at all. I need someone on my skill level to play with.

Well then either find people of the same skill range and just play them local/online or deal with it as it won't be changing from the looks of it.

Undead_terror wrote:

Depends at home no at uni occasionally.

Edited on by Jazzer94

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

crimsoncavalier

Does anyone know how or even if the stock share can be turned off? I worked SO HARD to beat two level 9 CPUs last night (I had a level 9 CPU ally), and when we finally knocked out one of the enemies, I thought it was going to be easy sailing to defeat the last one, but the eliminated CPU shared stock with the remaining one.

There HAS to be a way to turn that off, because that turns me off a great deal.

crimsoncavalier

Nintendo Network ID: CrimsonCavalier

Grumblevolcano

Jazzer94 wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

@midnafanboy Problem is, and this has been my problem since the beginning, I don't have the time or patience to practice. I just want to enjoy the game, but I'm the type that feels bad if he's not doing For Glory. (And I've always preferred 1-v-1's, of course.

Also, bear in mind, I don't play just Little Mac. I expect Little Mac matches to either go really well or really bad, but that was just insane. I felt like it didn't matter what I did because I wouldn't be able to touch the ground at all. It was also on the tail end of getting creamed while using some of my best players. What Smash needs is a (better?) ranking system. Just so I don't wind up fighting against one of the two extremes, because I don't find either one fun at all. I need someone on my skill level to play with.

Well then either find people of the same skill range and just play them local/online or deal with it as it won't be changing from the looks of it.

You could play a different game. It turned out that Smash Wii U caused my Hyrule Warriors gameplay time to sharply increase!

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Jazzer94

Grumblevolcano wrote:

Jazzer94 wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

You could play a different game. It turned out that Smash Wii U caused my Hyrule Warriors gameplay time to sharply increase!

That to if it floats your boat.

My YouTube
The Jazzloggery

Pootypie

crimsoncavalier wrote:

Does anyone know how or even if the stock share can be turned off? I worked SO HARD to beat two level 9 CPUs last night (I had a level 9 CPU ally), and when we finally knocked out one of the enemies, I thought it was going to be easy sailing to defeat the last one, but the eliminated CPU shared stock with the remaining one.

There HAS to be a way to turn that off, because that turns me off a great deal.

I think so... I'm not sure but I will check. I think the stock sharing does get unfair and annoying.

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

Crimzonlogic

Tsuchinoko wrote:

Crimzonlogic wrote:

You guys are all talking about how many level 9 cpus you can take down, and I'm over here still struggling with level fives. I shouldn't be this bad. I've played since the first game. T-T

I'm a nerd with no social life. I'm engaged but that doesn't count as we're both nerds.

What's wrong with being a nerd?

Currently playing: Smash Bros. 3DS, Xenoblade Chronicles, Alpha Sapphire.
Attempting to guide nephew through Skyward Sword. He keeps getting stuck.

Select one:
-Give me snacks.
-High-five me.
-Check out my Deviantart for dumb art: http://crimzonlogic.deviantart.c...

Inkling

Untitled

Edited on by Inkling

I will update this when Half Life 3 arrives. [Started 17/11/2015]

3DS Friend Code: 4768-7429-4970

CapeSmash

Undead_terror wrote:

Same here. Just keep trying and you'll eventually connect to a match.

@Inkling Uh...

Edited on by CapeSmash

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

Undead_terror

Ya, I managed to get a few for glory matchs after trying to join a few times and I had good connection in the matchs...so I don't know what the problem was, also seem to have a problem with joining a friends match or people trying to join mii...

Sp00ky scary skeleton back to play games and dew other fine things indead!
The Graveyard (Backloggery) l Nintendo ID: Undead_terror

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

TeeJay

Crimzonlogic wrote:

Tsuchinoko wrote:

Crimzonlogic wrote:

What's wrong with being a nerd?

No social life + No social life = No social life

0 + 0 = 0

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Pootypie

Just wondering but is that error code for faulty systems still there? Or the problem is solved? Haven't heard any updates about it.

Pootypie

NintendoFan64

TheGreatBrawler wrote:

Just wondering but is that error code for faulty systems still there? Or the problem is solved? Haven't heard any updates about it.

I don't know. I honestly thought that I actually got it recently. It just sort of froze at the Wii U screen, but I restarted it and things went better. I think that what I was feeling was just legitimate terror. Also, @Inkling, that would be hilarious. I'd just burst out laughing if Party Phil showed up.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

UGXwolf

@Jazzer94 I don't expect it to change, though I'd really like to have a decent match-making system so I /could/ find more people on my skill level to play against. Until then, I really only have one person I'm on par with.

See the thing is, I fully understand the game. I know all the moves and what they do, and generally what to do about them (generally), but I don't have the time to practice what I know. It should be obvious that knowledge without execution is useless, but it does put me a cut above the newer or less knowledgeable players. I can even beat out some more practiced opponents by knowing how to do it., but that's where it stops, since them majority of people I run into tend to be in one of two camps. Either they know more AND do it better or they know less and do it worse. Picking up on the theory but not the execution makes the second group of people a bore to play with and the first group feel disheartening. The only thing I can hope for is a player in a similar situation as me, but while that's not exactly uncommon, the problem is the same problem that keeps me from getting a whole lot better. I don't have much time, and neither do that. This is why I rarely find anyone on par with me online because they don't have much time to be online, either.

Well, whatever. Winter Break is here. Maybe my new-found overkill of free time will be enough to make me not suck for a couple of months. Or maybe I'll just break the GamePad in rage... I don't usually break controllers, but I can't stress how much this gets under my skin.

Also, I probably won't be taking GrumbleVolcano's suggestion as I'm mind numbingly stubborn when it comes to this kind of thing. So don't view my whiny comments about online difficulty as a real complaint about the game (aside from the comments about a lack of match-making system). Just view it as me venting from having a really bad night online. Cause that's what it is. Usually makes me feel better.

Edited on by LzWinky

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

UGXwolf

@Inkling Clearly, that's fake because DK's icon has a border and none of the others do, Samus's visor is off tint, Mewtwo isn't out yet, and Fox's background is the wrong color. Also, the resolution of the picture is awful as the creator clearly thinks we're idiots who can't tell that a blurry picture is almost always fake. :V

(And if it wasn't obvious, because sometimes it really isn't, I'm only about 2% serious.)

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Inkling

I'd still love for Party Phil to be in the game

I will update this when Half Life 3 arrives. [Started 17/11/2015]

3DS Friend Code: 4768-7429-4970

Jazzer94

UGXwolf wrote:

@Jazzer94 Nah, my bitching on here is just me venting. I don't expect it to change, though I'd really like to have a decent match-making system so I /could/ find more people on my skill level to play against. Until then, I really only have one person I'm on par with.

See the thing is, I fully understand the game. I know all the moves and what they do, and generally what to do about them (generally), but I don't have the time to practice what I know. It should be obvious that knowledge without execution is useless, but it does put me a cut above the newer or less knowledgeable players. I can even beat out some more practiced opponents by knowing how to do it., but that's where it stops, since them majority of people I run into tend to be in one of two camps. Either they know more AND do it better or they know less and do it worse. Picking up on the theory but not the execution makes the second group of people a bore to play with and the first group feel disheartening. The only thing I can hope for is a player in a similar situation as me, but while that's not exactly uncommon, the problem is the same problem that keeps me from getting a whole lot better. I don't have much time, and neither do that. This is why I rarely find anyone on par with me online because they don't have much time to be online, either.

Well, whatever. Winter Break is here. Maybe my new-found overkill of free time will be enough to make me not suck for a couple of months. Or maybe I'll just break the GamePad in rage... I don't usually break controllers, but I can't stress how much this gets under my skin.

Also, I probably won't be taking GrumbleVolcano's suggestion as I'm mind numbingly stubborn when it comes to this kind of thing. So don't view my whiny comments about online difficulty as a real complaint about the game (aside from the comments about a lack of match-making system). Just view it as me venting from having a really bad night online. Cause that's what it is. Usually makes me feel better.

I haven't had much time with the Wii U version till now but found groups that I go to 1/2 times a week which help to hone my skills, the US has a much bigger scene so maybe check your local area.

My YouTube
The Jazzloggery

DBPirate

I just have one complaint with the game: the challenges. Who the heck decided to put those challenges in the game?! Complete 9.0 Classic without losing a life and it can't be hit with a hammer?! I was going to try to 100% the game but forget it. Now, my main goal is just to get all the trophies.

Currently playing: Bayonetta 2

My Nintendo: DillPickle | Nintendo Network ID: Czechmate1129

Jazzer94

DBPirate wrote:

I just have one complaint with the game: the challenges. Who the heck decided to put those challenges in the game?! Complete 9.0 Classic without losing a life and it can't be hit with a hammer?! I was going to try to 100% the game but forget it. Now, my main goal is just to get all the trophies.

Use custom moves with a character like DK, for example healing tie.

Edited on by Jazzer94

My YouTube
The Jazzloggery

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic