Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 19,921 to 19,940 of 27,917

JC10101

DefHalan wrote:

JC10101 wrote:

Am I the only one who thinks the level 9 cpus are a little too good at perfect shielding? Sometimes it's stupid when with mega man they shield each lemon individually...

If you want easier bots then play on a lower difficulty

Nah... I play the game competitively, and can easily 3 stock one. It's just that they sometimes accomplish shielding in ways a human couldn't.

3DS: 4425 1513 9879
Wii U : JC10101
Part of team EXP gaming! I main Ness and Sheik~

Twitter:

DefHalan

JC10101 wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

JC10101 wrote:

Am I the only one who thinks the level 9 cpus are a little too good at perfect shielding? Sometimes it's stupid when with mega man they shield each lemon individually...

Nah... I play the game competitively, and can easily 3 stock one. It's just that they sometimes accomplish shielding in ways a human couldn't.

That is true, but I feel learning how to defeat that will make you a better player. Do you main Mega Man?

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

JC10101

DefHalan wrote:

JC10101 wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

JC10101 wrote:

That is true, but I feel learning how to defeat that will make you a better player. Do you main Mega Man?

No. I main sheik and Ness. I just like to play as mega man sometimes, and I found that approaching with a short hop b-air or f-air works better.

3DS: 4425 1513 9879
Wii U : JC10101
Part of team EXP gaming! I main Ness and Sheik~

Twitter:

Drobotic

I think Nintendo really only removed Snake because he used realistic wepaons,which was most likely one of the reasons Brawl got a T rating.

Currently playing:A little bit of everything :D
Fan of:Adventure Time,The Legend of Korra,The Amazing World of Gumball,Regular Show,Futurama,and gaming on handhelds,consoles,and the PC.

3DS Friend Code: 1332-8187-4581 | Nintendo Network ID: PSICadet

Tsuchinoko

Franklin wrote:

@Tsuchinoko

It's confusing because it's in Japanese.

I'll be in Tokyo on Christmas Day.

Ah, if you don't speak Japanese that can be a problem.

@Drobotic Konami, the Metal Gear franchise, and the character of Snake are going through huge changes now. The voice actor isn't even the same in the western versions, its some Hollywood actor.

Btw that only happened in the west, in Japan the rating for Brawl and Smash 4 is the same.

Edited on by Tsuchinoko

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

Aviator

Tsuchinoko wrote:

The voice actor isn't even the same in the western versions, its some Hollywood actor.

The ending of MGS4 showed why this needed to be done.

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

Tsuchinoko

Aviator wrote:

Tsuchinoko wrote:

The voice actor isn't even the same in the western versions, its some Hollywood actor.

The ending of MGS4 showed why this needed to be done.

That's interesting, since in Japan kept the same voice actor. He's fairly iconic though.

@Franklin I can help you with your Japanese if you want.

Randomname19

NintendoFan64 wrote:

Tsuchinoko wrote:

NintendoFan64 wrote:

I don't mean to change the subject, but, uh...anybody else miss when dying in Allstar mode DIDN'T make you have to start all over? Because I sure as hell do.

I don't mind the idea, as finishing it in one go makes me feel awesome, but it sure is frustrating to get to the last stage and lose on hard mode.

That's actually why I hate it. It's the whole ''having to do it all over again'' part. Not exactly what I would call ''fun''.

Untitled

Avatar by AzulieZeiro and BeanMChocolate

Kewlan

Guys, how do I make my small messages show up when I taunt online? Is it only when with friends?

ಠ_ಠ
Waiting for ShadowforSSB4 to take me up to the heavens.

Favorite Game List:
1#: Lufia 2
2#: Terraria
3#: Team Fortress 2

3DS Friend Code: 3153-4099-8763 | Nintendo Network ID: Kewlan

UGXwolf

NintendoFan64 wrote:

Tsuchinoko wrote:

NintendoFan64 wrote:

I don't mean to change the subject, but, uh...anybody else miss when dying in Allstar mode DIDN'T make you have to start all over? Because I sure as hell do.

I don't mind the idea, as finishing it in one go makes me feel awesome, but it sure is frustrating to get to the last stage and lose on hard mode.

That's actually why I hate it. It's the whole ''having to do it all over again'' part. Not exactly what I would call ''fun''.

Yeah, it becomes really tedious. Especially when Lucina's bull crap reaction time means you take out everyone else and then she counters you to death. Never lost on Stage seven in Wii U, though. Funny that.

@Drobotic I don't believe Nintendo stepped in and said ANYTHING about Snake. If they were going to, I can't imagine why they wouldn't have done so with Brawl, and besides, with their regular devs, they're extremely hands off. Actually, I think they've been rather hands off with all devs, since Iwata took over. Remember, Nintendo didn't actually MAKE this game, they just PUBLISHED it. Sora LTD and Namco Bandai made the game.

@Kewlan It's friends only.

Edited on by UGXwolf

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Grumblevolcano

UGXwolf wrote:

NintendoFan64 wrote:

Tsuchinoko wrote:

NintendoFan64 wrote:

Yeah, it becomes really tedious. Especially when Lucina's bull crap reaction time means you take out everyone else and then she counters you to death. Never lost on Stage seven in Wii U, though. Funny that.

@Drobotic I don't believe Nintendo stepped in and said ANYTHING about Snake. If they were going to, I can't imagine why they wouldn't have done so with Brawl, and besides, with their regular devs, they're extremely hands off. Actually, I think they've been rather hands off with all devs, since Iwata took over. Remember, Nintendo didn't actually MAKE this game, they just PUBLISHED it. Sora LTD and Namco Bandai made the game.

@Kewlan It's friends only.

I actually seem to die the most on stage 7 of Wii U, Pacman's fire hydrant is so annoying especially on the Luigi's Mansion stage. As for 3DS, the biggest problem generally ends up being stage 5 because although Spirit Train is a really fun stage, it is generally where I fail in All Star.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

UGXwolf

Grumblevolcano wrote:

I actually seem to die the most on stage 7 of Wii U, Pacman's fire hydrant is so annoying especially on the Luigi's Mansion stage. As for 3DS, the biggest problem generally ends up being stage 5 because although Spirit Train is a really fun stage, it is generally where I fail in All Star.

I typically get Pac-land, and since I play a lot of ground characters, this tends to work in my favor. The stages that turned out to be major run killers for me were Orbital Gate (stage 4) and Port Town Aero Dive (stage 5). Kongo Jungle is usually bad news for me, though, and nothing says screw you quite like starting off in a bad stage. (Forgot which stage I dreaded for stage 1, though)

In the 3DS Version, I found that Spirit Train and Rainbow Road (MK7) were my major run killers. To come all that way and lose while fighting Greninja to a speeding Shy Guy... the raaaage.

Tsuchinoko

The only stage in the 3ds version that gets me is the Mario Kart stage.

NintendoFan64

Okay, so I recently tried to finish the challenge for the event where you're Olimar pitted against a giant Bowser (don't remember what it's called), and I managed to beat the challenge because my opponent...committed Bowser-cide. It was rather interesting, to say the least.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

UGXwolf

NintendoFan64 wrote:

Okay, so I recently tried to finish the challenge for the event where you're Olimar pitted against a giant Bowser (don't remember what it's called), and I managed to beat the challenge because my opponent...committed Bowser-cide. It was rather interesting, to say the least.

A Battle of Scale, and I hated that challenge. Oh, also, I managed to clear all solo event challenge reward conditions. Weeeeewt!

Grumblevolcano

I hated the Hungry Hungry Kirby (Kirby's Crazy Appetite) event, Great Cave Offensive stage zooms out too much.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

MasterWario

Grumblevolcano wrote:

I hated the Hungry Hungry Kirby (Kirby's Crazy Appetite) event, Great Cave Offensive stage zooms out too much.

That one is just awful because of the luck factor. The lucky bread spawns really helped on that one.

NintendoFan64 wrote:

I'm pretty sure Bowser killed himself when I did that one.

@UGXwolf Same here! And I would have never gotten it if I couldn't just throw the Warios off the edge on the Wii Fit Trainer one.

Edited on by MasterWario

I would have never guessed Weezing was so useful until I played a HeartGold Nuzlocke!
My YouTube Channel! Video game related, of course!
My Pushmo Levels

3DS Friend Code: 2836-0589-3371 | Nintendo Network ID: MasterWario

UGXwolf

MasterWario wrote:

Grumblevolcano wrote:

That one is just awful because of the luck factor. The lucky bread spawns really helped on that one.

NintendoFan64 wrote:

I'm pretty sure Bowser killed himself when I did that one.

@UGXwolf Same here! And I would have never gotten it if I couldn't just throw the Warios off the edge on the Wii Fit Trainer one.

Actually, the Kirby one is entirely doable if you just remember a few things. Food spawns more often in the bottom left corner, Dedede will often open chests for you and generally not eat the food, especially if he doesn't have much damage. Finally, Kirby heals more from inhaling food than picking it up. You can also cheat a bit by using a custom Kirby with a Caloric Auto-healer item.

Edited on by UGXwolf

NintendoFan64

Grumblevolcano wrote:

I also hate it, but because it's so...BORING.

Edited on by NintendoFan64

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

UGXwolf

Yet another bad night of playing yet another set of bad matches against unrealistically good players to make me feel like one of the few things I put any real effort into, I also happen to be awful at... I hate this game, sometimes. Seriously, I got into one match with a Captain that absolutely would not let me touch the ground, and being Little Mac, I had nearly no options for getting out of it, aside from a painfully exploitable counter that could make things worse for me. This is the first time I've ever used the quit function in my life. It was so painfully unfun and infuriating that I actually quit. And I played the IWBTG for Christ sakes. I'm used to infuriating.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic