Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 19,801 to 19,820 of 27,917

LzWinky

All caps make me sad. Stop it

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

yokokazuo

UGXwolf wrote:

yokokazuo wrote:

Also does anyone have some tips for scoring 300000 points in Target blast 3 by hitting the bomb off the wall as Pac-man?

I did this one. The trick is to completely IGNORE the first bomb. Let it go off. It'll do nothing but hurt your score. IGN had tips on how to use this to get the bombs in the back, but I didn't need it. Instead, use the big bomb. Hop onto the other side of the bomb and fully charge a forward Smash before touching it. Then walk up as close as you can and nail it with a few uncharged up-smashes. Three or four should do the trick. Then fully charge another forward Smash towards the wall and if the bomb goes off near the far end of the field, you've done it right. This may take a few tries for timing and not screwing it up, but I got 360,000 points this way.

Now the 450,000 challenge is another story altogether!

Just did it, thanks! It didn't get through the first section, but the explosion took out quite a bit and got me 369780 points.

yokokazuo

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6707-5664 | Nintendo Network ID: yokokazuo

Pootypie

NintyMan wrote:

When do you think we'll be getting the tournament mode and Miiverse stage anyway?

Probably February...

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

Grumblevolcano

NintyMan wrote:

When do you think we'll be getting the tournament mode and Miiverse stage anyway?

My prediction is 17th December, I think there will be a Nintendo Direct and these are "available to download immediately after the presentation" things.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Jazzer94

Grumblevolcano wrote:

NintyMan wrote:

My prediction is 17th December, I think there will be a Nintendo Direct and these are "available to download immediately after the presentation" things.

I keep feeling it will be when Mewtwo hits.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

DreamyViridi

Jazzer94 wrote:

Grumblevolcano wrote:

NintyMan wrote:

That'd be sometime in Spring a few months from now. Is Tourney mode coming with the Miiverse stage? I'm guessing they could be separate updates with the former coming first sometime next month.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

Xenjamin

Do any of you guys know if the for glory 1v1 mode uses any type of ranking system? I seem to face people of very different strengths all the time. I hope it is ranked.... bummer if not.

3DS Friend Code: 0061-1555-0735
Nintendo Network ID: direth1105

NintendoFan64

NintyMan wrote:

Hopefully soon.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

Pootypie

Grumblevolcano wrote:

NintyMan wrote:

Nintendo Direct is 17 December? Oh what a good way to start winter break!

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

Grumblevolcano

TheGreatBrawler wrote:

Grumblevolcano wrote:

NintyMan wrote:

Nintendo Direct is 17 December? Oh what a good way to start winter break!

I think there will be one then based on what happened last year. Nintendo's aim should be towards this type of question, "I have Captain Toad, Smash Wii U and plenty of older Wii U titles as well as the amiibo figures I want. What have you got to offer for me to spend my Christmas money on more Wii U stuff?"

Right now that answer is nothing unless you missed an earlier game you really wanted but haven't picked up yet (e.g. Hyrule Warriors, Shovel Knight). Last year that was the same situation but then Nintendo announced NES Remix and a few other games/DLC appearing very near Christmas but the lack of a Mario Kart or Smash Bros. meant sales weren't great.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Jazzer94

DreamyViridi wrote:

Jazzer94 wrote:

Grumblevolcano wrote:

NintyMan wrote:

That'd be sometime in Spring a few months from now. Is Tourney mode coming with the Miiverse stage? I'm guessing they could be separate updates with the former coming first sometime next month.

Hmm Miiverse stage seems like an easier thing to get out fast to me.

My YouTube
The Jazzloggery

Captain_Toad

Jazzer94 wrote:

DreamyViridi wrote:

Jazzer94 wrote:

Grumblevolcano wrote:

NintyMan wrote:

Hmm Miiverse stage seems like an easier thing to get out fast to me.

I bet the miiverse stage will be here within a week or so, heh we've already got info on the soundtracks.

Was Mariobro4. No, I'm not taking off my backpack...it's important.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1530-1570-5053 | 3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

DreamyViridi

It really depends on when the development of the Miiverse stage started. I think the stage requires more time and effort than the Tourney mode does; not to mention that it's the only stage that works with Miiverse so extra programming and such.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

Mikes

Xenjamin wrote:

Do any of you guys know if the for glory 1v1 mode uses any type of ranking system? I seem to face people of very different strengths all the time. I hope it is ranked.... bummer if not.

I'm not even sure if it really is. I don't use For Glory as often anymore, but in the times that I have, it's always been random for me. I'm always paired up with people of any skill level. There have been times where I battled someone who seemed like they never played the game before.
I just saw the music they're using for the Miiverse stage! Mario Paint Medley?! That's awesome. That makes me all the more excited for the Miiverse stage.

Here are a few places that I can be found!
YouTube | Newgrounds | ZippCast

3DS Friend Code: 4511-0759-5924 | Nintendo Network ID: ShadowMetal

TeeJay

I just got to play two rounds of the Wii U version at a demo at the mall! I guess I CAN play with a Gamecube controller after all...perhaps it was the practice with the 3DS controls idk. There were a bunch of kids and someone about my age. At the end of the match he was like "Who was Toon Link??" I said I was and he shook my hand. Good stuff!

I wish I knew people who like this game.

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Jazzer94

DreamyViridi wrote:

It really depends on when the development of the Miiverse stage started. I think the stage requires more time and effort than the Tourney mode does; not to mention that it's the only stage that works with Miiverse so extra programming and such.

idk getting the tourney infrastructure in place to me would require more work than a simple stage.

My YouTube
The Jazzloggery

jariw

Jazzer94 wrote:

DreamyViridi wrote:

idk getting the tourney infrastructure in place to me would require more work than a simple stage.

I think they'll do all the interactivity updates (Miiverse stage, sharing, tournaments, tourneys) in one major update.

jariw

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic