Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 19,781 to 19,800 of 27,917

UGXwolf

@GrumbleVolcano, I used Ike, Bowser, and Yoshi for these. Naturally, you'll want anyone that you're really good with, but most of all, know the layout of Master Fortress. If you take the enemies one at a time/know which ones you can skip, you'll find it a hell of a lot easier. Also, if you can save that heart container for MF's third form, that'll help a lot. (If you cross the hole you're supposed to go down, you'll find the heart container is still there.) Don't over do it, though. One stock and 118%? Don't risk it.

I'm gonna try and get four-player Smash Tours going to see if we can't get that Metroid chievo.

Edited on by UGXwolf

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Grumblevolcano

@UGXwolf I finally completed on 8.0 with 3 characters. Marth, Ike and Lucina (Ike of which I managed to complete on 9.0). Just got the Smash Tour one left and then I have all the music. Not a bad idea about using 4 controllers for that!

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

CapeSmash

THE DATA DUMPS ARE HERE!!! YESS!!!! SONGS ON THE Miiverse STAGE HAVE BEEN REVEALED!!!!

Mario Paint Medley! YES!

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

Gridatttack

SockoMario wrote:

THE DATA DUMPS ARE HERE!!! YESS!!!! SONGS ON THE Miiverse STAGE HAVE BEEN REVEALED!!!!

Mario Paint Medley! YES!

Source?

New Super Mario Bros. Deluxe, a remake of Super Mario Bros 1 and The Lost Levels for NSMBDS.
new 3DS: 0276-2211-7514

3DS Friend Code: 0276-2211-7514 | Nintendo Network ID: Gridatttack

Nintendo6400

Grumblevolcano wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

So a quick update, I'm sitting 24 challenges away from completion! Unfortunately almost all of these are particularly difficult, specify characters I can't use worth a crap, are annoying/luck-based, or are really, really time consuming. I'm currently focusing on Multi-man Smash, as I need to get 110 on 3-minute with Bowser, under 25 seconds in 10-man with everyone, and 100 in three minute with Mii Gunner. I've decided to just pretend 700 trophies doesn't exist because that's going to be painful. For anyone not aware, there are 716 trophies in the game, meaning you have to clear All-Star and Classic with nearly every character and just have some really good luck or a lot of time with Trophy Rush. I'll probably be close enough to care after beating Classic in 7.0 or higher with everyone and breaking 50000 blocks in Trophy Rush, which will also help me with the gold challenge, if I get 8 Rush Fevers in one game with Dr. Mario. I'm also severely annoyed with the Metroid challenge on Smash Tour. I've played six games averaging about 20 turns each. Only seen the Metroid once, and realized that it's completely by sheer luck if he even steals power ups from me, in the first place! Smash Tour has just so effortlessly proven that it is the worst mode in Smash Wii U by a long shot.

I'm struggling with the Metroid one too because you have to lose your stat boosts and then pick them up again, picking up someone else's stat boosts from a metroid does not count. What's worst about it is the reward is Vs. Parasite Queen which is one of the only 3 CDs I don't have (the other 2 are Classic on 8.0 ones).

Uh, that one pissed me off. I even went as far as playing as everyone so that the computers wouldn't mess me up. Unfortunately i miss read the challenge so when the metroid came, I ended retrieving the stats as another player. I used the golden hammer because it was tedious controllin 4 players.

3DS FC: 4854-6437-9458
Friend Safari: Fire- Growlith, Pyroar, Flechling

Tsuchinoko

Grumblevolcano wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

So a quick update, I'm sitting 24 challenges away from completion! Unfortunately almost all of these are particularly difficult, specify characters I can't use worth a crap, are annoying/luck-based, or are really, really time consuming. I'm currently focusing on Multi-man Smash, as I need to get 110 on 3-minute with Bowser, under 25 seconds in 10-man with everyone, and 100 in three minute with Mii Gunner. I've decided to just pretend 700 trophies doesn't exist because that's going to be painful. For anyone not aware, there are 716 trophies in the game, meaning you have to clear All-Star and Classic with nearly every character and just have some really good luck or a lot of time with Trophy Rush. I'll probably be close enough to care after beating Classic in 7.0 or higher with everyone and breaking 50000 blocks in Trophy Rush, which will also help me with the gold challenge, if I get 8 Rush Fevers in one game with Dr. Mario. I'm also severely annoyed with the Metroid challenge on Smash Tour. I've played six games averaging about 20 turns each. Only seen the Metroid once, and realized that it's completely by sheer luck if he even steals power ups from me, in the first place! Smash Tour has just so effortlessly proven that it is the worst mode in Smash Wii U by a long shot.

I'm struggling with the Metroid one too because you have to lose your stat boosts and then pick them up again, picking up someone else's stat boosts from a metroid does not count. What's worst about it is the reward is Vs. Parasite Queen which is one of the only 3 CDs I don't have (the other 2 are Classic on 8.0 ones).

Oh wow, vs. Parasite Queen is in the game. I thought it wasn't. I may be the only one, but I loved Frigate Orpheon.

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

yokokazuo

Grumblevolcano wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

Took me awhile to actually see a Metroid and then a computer got it after my stats were taken... I was lucky to be able to find one shortly after and complete it as well. Just helped my cousin with that today by using 4 controllers between us and it appeared on our first try.

I also beat classic 9.0 in less than 12 minutes with Marth today. Using a home run bat helps with finishing it faster.

yokokazuo

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6707-5664 | Nintendo Network ID: yokokazuo

yokokazuo

Also does anyone have some tips for scoring 300000 points in Target blast 3 by hitting the bomb off the wall as Pac-man?

yokokazuo

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6707-5664 | Nintendo Network ID: yokokazuo

UGXwolf

yokokazuo wrote:

Also does anyone have some tips for scoring 300000 points in Target blast 3 by hitting the bomb off the wall as Pac-man?

I did this one. The trick is to completely IGNORE the first bomb. Let it go off. It'll do nothing but hurt your score. IGN had tips on how to use this to get the bombs in the back, but I didn't need it. Instead, use the big bomb. Hop onto the other side of the bomb and fully charge a forward Smash before touching it. Then walk up as close as you can and nail it with a few uncharged up-smashes. Three or four should do the trick. Then fully charge another forward Smash towards the wall and if the bomb goes off near the far end of the field, you've done it right. This may take a few tries for timing and not screwing it up, but I got 360,000 points this way.

Now the 450,000 challenge is another story altogether!

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Sir_Diabeetus

NintendoFan64 wrote:

SockoMario wrote:

Gridatttack wrote:

SockoMario wrote:

Mario Paint Medley! YES!

Source?

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=143201611&postcount=16546

FINALLY I'll be able to listen to that Nintendo Land remix! Now to wait for the stage itself...

For Ashley's Theme V2, it's similar to it's original version of the song. Take a listen. http://brawlcustommusic.com/52209 I don't know if someone uploaded the English version of Ashley's Theme V2.

Edited on by Sir_Diabeetus

[spoiler]I'm alive- wait no... I'm dead.[/spoiler]

Nintendo Network ID: Superninten13

Pootypie

MasterWario wrote:

TheGreatBrawler wrote:

I hope I can get the CD soundtrack... but I'm the only one in my family that wants it lol! I probably won't be able to get it, but Mewtwo is good enough. I wouldn't be so bothered without the CD soundtrack anyways, but I think I might make it to some good use... maybe...

Also for future DLC? I doubt it, it takes forever to make these kind of things. Although they might divert their direction to making DLC, and see the light of what DLC can do for them.

Well its free, you just need the two versions of the game...if you have both versions why would you NOT get it?

Go tell them

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

NintendoFan64

Tsuchinoko wrote:

Grumblevolcano wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

Oh wow, vs. Parasite Queen is in the game. I thought it wasn't. I may be the only one, but I loved Frigate Orpheon.

I actually liked Frigate Orpheon a little. At least more than Norfair.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

Grumblevolcano

NintendoFan64 wrote:

Tsuchinoko wrote:

Grumblevolcano wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

I actually liked Frigate Orpheon a little. At least more than Norfair.

I liked Frigate Orpheon a lot though, wish it or another Prime stage was present in Smash Wii U. I think something from Prime 2 would be perfect for a completely different style of stage though maybe a bit too dark for Smash for it to keep its E10+ ESRB rating.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Pootypie

NintyMan wrote:

Any tips for beating the rival in Rival Smash three times with Diddy Kong?

I may just use a hammer. I really want that Dixie Kong trophy.

Don't you get the trophy if you use the hammer? I would just save it for something else harder.

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic