Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 19,441 to 19,460 of 27,917

MasterWario

Got the 8 KOs in cruel Smash with Lucina complete. I actually had fun with that one. There's a really basic strategy for it but the stars have to align correctly for it to work.

I would have never guessed Weezing was so useful until I played a HeartGold Nuzlocke!
My YouTube Channel! Video game related, of course!
My Pushmo Levels

3DS Friend Code: 2836-0589-3371 | Nintendo Network ID: MasterWario

LzWinky

NintyMan wrote:

Sakurai on the "relentless" process of making Smash Bros.:

"For every Smash project, as I’m working on it, I always think to myself, “This is it – the last Smash Bros.!” Of course, after the original game and Super Smash Bros. Melee, the Wii and Nintendo 3DS entries came out anyway, which makes it a bit difficult to deny the possibility of future games. The point I’m trying to make here is that I throw my body and soul into every project with the mindset that this is the last one. As a result, there have been a lot of new characters and features added. It’s to the point where it’s almost an impossible quantity to work with – this lineup of polished characters, each with such a litany of things to implement."

"The characters get remade every game since we keep switching development studios. And since it takes work to give characters a wide dynamic range while still sticking to their backstories, this leads to more development cost per character. I think, for most games, just having a few new characters would be all one could expect."

"In a word, it’s relentless. Right now, I have no way to picture whether things will go as well next time."

http://nintendoeverything.com/sakurai-on-expanding-the-smash-...

This is the reason I doubt there will be additional characters aside from maybe Lucas and Wolf (and of course Mewtwo). Sakurai's quotes hint that there's a lot of work with each character, and honestly I don't think it's worth the trouble. I would rather the dev individuals work on new games

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

MsJubilee

PKNoUsernameHere wrote:

cookiex wrote:

Untitled

Pac-Man has ceased to exist in this realm.

Untitled
I think Pac-Man is now my favorite character.

These gifs make Pacman adorable!

Edited on by MsJubilee

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Crimzonlogic

I'm sad. I received a copy of the game in the mail today from ToysRus, but it was a mistake. I cancelled my order a while ago because I needed the money and I already received a refund. When I called, the guy on the phone kept confusing me and contradicting himself, but he said I need to return it. I can't keep it. I just want the game. I will snuggle this copy warmly before taking it to the nearest store tomorrow. T_T

Edited on by Crimzonlogic

Currently playing: Smash Bros. 3DS, Xenoblade Chronicles, Alpha Sapphire.
Attempting to guide nephew through Skyward Sword. He keeps getting stuck.

Select one:
-Give me snacks.
-High-five me.
-Check out my Deviantart for dumb art: http://crimzonlogic.deviantart.c...

NintendoFan64

WaLzgi wrote:

NintyMan wrote:

Sakurai on the "relentless" process of making Smash Bros.:

"For every Smash project, as I’m working on it, I always think to myself, “This is it – the last Smash Bros.!” Of course, after the original game and Super Smash Bros. Melee, the Wii and Nintendo 3DS entries came out anyway, which makes it a bit difficult to deny the possibility of future games. The point I’m trying to make here is that I throw my body and soul into every project with the mindset that this is the last one. As a result, there have been a lot of new characters and features added. It’s to the point where it’s almost an impossible quantity to work with – this lineup of polished characters, each with such a litany of things to implement."

"The characters get remade every game since we keep switching development studios. And since it takes work to give characters a wide dynamic range while still sticking to their backstories, this leads to more development cost per character. I think, for most games, just having a few new characters would be all one could expect."

"In a word, it’s relentless. Right now, I have no way to picture whether things will go as well next time."

http://nintendoeverything.com/sakurai-on-expanding-the-smash-...

This is the reason I doubt there will be additional characters aside from maybe Lucas and Wolf (and of course Mewtwo). Sakurai's quotes hint that there's a lot of work with each character, and honestly I don't think it's worth the trouble. I would rather the dev individuals work on new games

Exactly, and I don't really mind that. I'm a little worried that Smash will one day be the death of Sakurai.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

Joeynator3000

How many tracks in total does this game have anyways?

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Drobotic

I think Nintendo should release an update for the game that allows you to make highlight reels of matches,similar to Mario Kart TV,and allow you to upload them directly to YouTube.

Currently playing:A little bit of everything :D
Fan of:Adventure Time,The Legend of Korra,The Amazing World of Gumball,Regular Show,Futurama,and gaming on handhelds,consoles,and the PC.

3DS Friend Code: 1332-8187-4581 | Nintendo Network ID: PSICadet

UGXwolf

Drobotic wrote:

I think Nintendo should release an update for the game that allows you to make highlight reels of matches,similar to Mario Kart TV,and allow you to upload them directly to YouTube.

The problem with this is that for it to work, the replays would actually have to be recorded video. Since it's really just recorded button inputs, they can't really do that.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

UGXwolf

So now that I'm FINALLY sitting down in my chair and can cover this with far more ease than I could've on my phone, I'm going to throw out whatever knowledge I can about Shulk. Remember, I'm no expert player. I hardly even try for advanced strats and I do tend to get creamed if I find someone online that's actually competitively viable. However, I did manage to beat All-Star in 6 minutes as Shulk on my first (successful) run-through, so there's that.

So, starting with the basics: Shulk is slow. Not super slow like Ike or Ganondorf, but slow enough that nearly any character you find online can probably interrupt most of his attacks. This means you have to be predictive and use Shulk's deceptive range to his advantage. He's easily got the best range out of all the swordsmen in the game. His smashes are all good for catching approaching opponents off-guard, but of course, they may expect this. Air slash also does a good job of catching airbourne enemies off-guard. Meanwhile, Back Slash is a great move for approaching from the air. And most importantly, his Forward air and Neutral air are GREAT for interrupting charging, slow, or even unattentive combo-users. It's also really hard to use a counter on these moves for most characters (not Greninja or Lucario) if you're placed well.

With that out of the way, your smashes, especially your forward smash, your Back Slash, your Air Slash, your Counter, and even your F-tilt and dash attack--at high damage with Smash on--are all good or decent kill moves. Just so nobody thinks I'm ignoring them, the other tilts are good for interrupting approaching assailants and the back air has decent range, I just don't find myself using these a lot.

Now the Monado Arts are very important as they can range from super useful to extremely contextual. Jump, for instance, is really only super useful against weaker characters that don't have a lot of good kill moves and maybe accel at chasing or air combat. Jiggs is a great example of who you might use Jump on. Speed is helpful against most characters but a good player will normalize to it fast. Use this to switch up your strategy, if someone's just completely wrecking you. Shield is great for the start of a match, if you don't already know what to expect. DO NOT use shield at high damage, ESPECIALLY if you're up against a character with great knockback. You'll find returning to the stage becomes very difficult.

As for the other two, obviously, Smash is great, if the enemy is at high damage, but if you just got the stock lead, absolutely do not use it. Speed is likely better suited for stock-lead damage, as you'll be a little harder to hit. And Buster is almost always a good thing. Extra attack power for limited knockback? Sounds like combos just got easy. This is a great way to rack up damage.

The main problem I hear about with the Monado Artes is that people can't get what they want. They'll pass it a few times or get interrupted. Learn how and when to use it and try to know how many times you need to hit the button before you get what you needed. If an Arte is already active, it's gonna take an extra one or two taps to get the Arte you're looking for. 1 - Jump 2 - Speed 3 - Shield 4 - Buster 5 - Smash. REMEMBER THAT.

Finally, this is something I have yet to get in my head, so figuring this out fast will help you immensely. BACK SLASH DOES NOT GRAB THE LEDGE. I hate when I trigger it early and miss, falling to my doom. Be very careful with this. It'll get enemies to back off, but if you miss the stage there's no hope for recovery.

So, @Sparx I hope this little impromptu guide helps you learn Shulk better. Just keep trying, learn his Artes and preferrably find your own better uses for them than I have. Most importantly enjoy it.

Joeynator3000

Xiao_Pai wrote:

...Anyone? o.o
Just wondering since I'm getting close to 400.

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

NintendosucksSon

Xiao_Pai wrote:

Xiao_Pai wrote:

...Anyone? o.o

There supposed to be 775 Tracks, I believe. (Also, I'm new here.)

NintendosucksSon

outburst

I'm disappointed you can't use the DPad on the Pro controller and gamepad. How hard can Sakurai put that option on the game? I'm using Wiimote at the moment. I don't want to dash every time, if I want to I'll just double tap the DPad. Plus, the left stick isn't that responsive as the DPad. I prefer using DPad on all my 2D games. Heck even in Mario Kart 8 I use the DPad for steering. /rant

outburst

UGXwolf

Xiao_Pai wrote:

Xiao_Pai wrote:

...Anyone? o.o

I'm sorta pulling this number off the top of my head, but 438 sounds about right.

TeeJay

Wow. I just beat a Ganondorf as Toon Link online and they disconnected just as Ganon went splat into the screen on his last stock. It was obvious they disconnected cause the whole game froze for a good 5 seconds and I got a good look at how Ganondorf looks while smacked into the screen.

Sore loser.

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

ZurrrrBlattTron

Sad confession of the day:
Buying le 3DS for the holidays and sticking with it, the older bro is constantly playing Destiny on the living room TV and I realized yesterday it'll probably be more convenient to get the 3DS and call it a day. I would rather my 3DS on the go and play on the porch than going to WWIII over the living room TV xD

ZurrrrBlattTron

Twitter:

Grumblevolcano

@torotoid64 Don't forget that you don't need a TV to use a Wii U, all you need is a power socket.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Kewlan

Grumblevolcano wrote:

@torotoid64 Don't forget that you don't need a TV to use a Wii U, all you need is a power socket.

That's right! It's the exact thing they once advertised the console for!

ಠ_ಠ
Waiting for ShadowforSSB4 to take me up to the heavens.

Favorite Game List:
1#: Lufia 2
2#: Terraria
3#: Team Fortress 2

3DS Friend Code: 3153-4099-8763 | Nintendo Network ID: Kewlan

Pootypie

Grumblevolcano wrote:

Exactly!

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

Pootypie

I decided to try out Fox yesterday, and I'm already actually becoming good as him! I think he might be in my top 5, but he definitely won't be better than my Captain Falcon (my mains in my signature). So I'm thinking... should I buy a Fox amiibo along with Captain Falcon and Mario amiibo? I think that would be a nice idea. Speaking of amiibos what amiibos are out and what's in the second wave? I can't find the link to first and second wave. (I'm not in America, so I don't know much about first amiibo wave).

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic