Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 19,421 to 19,440 of 27,917

MegaStoneSmash91

MasterWario wrote:

MegaStoneSmash91 wrote:

Some of the challenges really have me worried. A lot of the harder ones I've already done have been bad enough, like getting 8 K.O.s in Cruel Smash. After that one and a couple others all I could think was "Never again....". I'll probably end up using some hammers even though I was going to try not to.

How brutal are they? Cause some of them like getting "perfect on all three target blast courses" might take a while if you sit down and do them, but they may happen accidentally, or just take a while to complete. I know I got "85 or higher in rival Smash" just trying to get some of the easier ones.

One I know I'll have trouble with is beating Classic 9.0 without losing any lives, and probably 20 Crazy Order rounds with Mario. Crazy Orders is hard enough without having to go through 20 of them. You never know what kinds of stuff could screw you over at any time. The time limit certainly doesn't help, either. It's those type of challenges that make me just not want to do challenges anymore sometimes. I have about 93 out of 140 done, but some of them were already annoying enough that I started hating some of the other ones. Complete classic on 7.0 with every character? Why? Collecting all of something like the CDs or Custom Moves will just take time. Nothing hard about that. But when I have to sit down and attempt the same stuff over and over again I just get really ticked off.

Sorry, minor rant.

Edited on by MegaStoneSmash91

Beep.
That is all.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0896-8068-4007 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

cookiex

Untitled

Pac-Man has ceased to exist in this realm.

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

Pootypie

MasterWario wrote:

TheGreatBrawler wrote:

NintyMan wrote:

"Clear Classic at intensity 9.0 without losing a single life."

GULP.

I will try it out with my Captain Falcob.

Also if you can't do it there is always hammer

Yeah it doesn't seem too too hard, although I haven't seen Master Fortress yet so idk. Honestly clearing Classic with every character on 7.0 or higher is more annoying. That's freakin' 49(48?)(51?) playthroughs where I have to try at least!

I've also made up my mind that I'm going to use a golden hammer on that "clear crazy orders after 20 rounds with Mario" panel, I just want to see all the high level panels first to make sure there aren't a ton more insane ones. The worst part about that one is the ten minute time limit. You have to end every round in 30 seconds or less.

TeeJay wrote:

Captain_Toad wrote:

TeeJay wrote:

Does anyone even know what Global Smash Power really is

It's your rank but in reverse. The more numbers the better.

Like, world rank? Why in reverse? Why Nintendo gotta be so different all the time

Imo it makes sense. Nintendo doesn't want players clamoring for the top position and making those closer to the bottom of the scoreboard fell like their rank is pointless, but it still allows for competition such that friends can compete for a higher GSP than each other.

With a traditional leader-board system I probably wouldn't care due to how far down I was, but with the GSP it feels good to say I'm better than 50,000 people!

Give Mario equipment that heals him everytime he KOs

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

Moshugan

Anyone Euro people got any luck with the adapter?

I ordered one last Thu-Fri night from Amazon Germany. It was "in stock" and now the order says "Expected to ship Dec. 1.-2".
Thumbs up! The Finnish release date isn't until some time in January.

P.S. The game (alongside the game+adpter -bundle which I didn't get) released on Friday same as elsewhere, and it's great!! We had a wonderful Smash party yesterday, gradually growing from 4 players to 8. It's crazy but so fun!

Edited on by Moshugan

My Super Mario Maker 2's Maker ID: R7B-M93-5GF

Nintendo Network ID: Moshugan

veeflames

I wish there was a way to see how much gold has been bet on you, and apparently how many people you made angry

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

NintendoFan64

cookiex wrote:

Untitled

Well, there goes my main.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

MsJubilee

cookiex wrote:

Untitled

Bye pacman it was fun having you in smash bros.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Nintendo6400

cookiex wrote:

Untitled

It was snake! He wants his spot back in smash.

3DS FC: 4854-6437-9458
Friend Safari: Fire- Growlith, Pyroar, Flechling

Pootypie

Any update on the sales?

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

MsJubilee

TheGreatBrawler wrote:

Any update on the sales?

I can tell you the sales.it sold alot.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

Pootypie

midnafanboy wrote:

TheGreatBrawler wrote:

Any update on the sales?

So specific

Pootypie

MsJubilee

TheGreatBrawler wrote:

midnafanboy wrote:

TheGreatBrawler wrote:

Any update on the sales?

So specific

Thank you it means alot cause, i put my heart and soul in that response.

Sparx

cookiex wrote:

Untitled

He got tired of all the Ridley fans

My avatar is from here

MasterWario

OK. NEVERMIND. I guess I probably should have tried 9.0 before posting. Goodness gracious, I don't think I'll even beat classic on 8.0!!!
They buffed the swarm so they have almost no downtime in-between moves anymore (I don't even get time to think let alone use a move), and the giant swarm, which has always been my least favorite, has like 200 hp stamina and does like 40% on each attack (minus the laser shot and the yell), and not to mention is the first form, so you're sitting at 125% by the second one. Then if you somehow get to the master fortress, you've got those stupid laser flowers and stalfos. UGH. Those laser flowers fire for a good 5 seconds so you can't shield though the whole thing, and stalfos has those whack shields that block half your attacks, and then they follow up with their own attack that hits twice and seems to last forever, frustrating you ever further.

Has anyone here beaten classic on 9.0 yet? I honestly don't know if I'll ever do it. Even if I could, it takes too much time to get to the end just to die and have to restart the whole thing over again.

Edited on by MasterWario

I would have never guessed Weezing was so useful until I played a HeartGold Nuzlocke!
My YouTube Channel! Video game related, of course!
My Pushmo Levels

3DS Friend Code: 2836-0589-3371 | Nintendo Network ID: MasterWario

NintendoFan64

@ MasterWario You forgot to mention the acid danger zones that are a one-hit K.O. if you're above 100% damage. I was pretty close today as Samus, but then those stupid Master Sables killed me! And they expect a human being to get through it without dying ONCE. Yeah, no. I'm using a hammer on that challenge.

Sparx

So far I'm loving the game pad more than pro controller, the buttons feel too cramped on the pro

My avatar is from here

MasterWario

NintendoFan64 wrote:

@ MasterWario You forgot to mention the acid danger zones that are a one-hit K.O. if you're above 100% damage. I was pretty close today as Samus, but then those stupid Master Sables killed me! And they expect a human being to get through it without dying ONCE. Yeah, no. I'm using a hammer on that challenge.

True, but they wouldn't be a problem if you didn't have lasers and skeletons whacking at you.

Watched some videos and it looks like Mario is the way to go (he always is isn't he?) since he has heavy hitting attacks and still moves fast. Also looks like counters are helpful too.

Also from the video:
So it looks like there are several challenges that you can't use a golden hammer on. Is everyone here sure you can use a golden hammer on the "clear 9.0 without losing a life"?

EDIT: Did a quick google search, and it looks like the answer is NO. Thank you, Sakurai and Development Team.

Edited on by MasterWario

I would have never guessed Weezing was so useful until I played a HeartGold Nuzlocke!
My YouTube Channel! Video game related, of course!
My Pushmo Levels

3DS Friend Code: 2836-0589-3371 | Nintendo Network ID: MasterWario

Captain_Toad

NintendoFan64 wrote:

Heh, avoid the acid walls at all cost folks. 25% damage for each time you touch it and it has a HARSH ricochet affect.

Was Mariobro4. No, I'm not taking off my backpack...it's important.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1530-1570-5053 | 3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

UGXwolf

Henmii wrote:

So its finally here guys! So far I am really happy with it. Its fun (of course) and looks amazing! And no big loading times! As a comparison, the 3DS version (and Brawl) had quite the loading times. Also its much easier to launch a opponent in this version (compared to Smash 3DS), wich I appreciate. Also fun little details, like the trophy's coming into their own little boxes (in the shop). Only silly thing is that you need a SD-card for saving screenshots. Why for pete's sake, I have a hardrive connected! Maybe something to fix in a future update?

1 question: How many trophy's does this version have? And how many are also in the 3DS version? Also, is 140 the maximum challenges count?

According to Jirard Khalil, The Completionist, there are 685 trophies in the 3DS Version and 716 trophies in the Wii U Version. And yes, 140 is all, but tha 140 will make you cry.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

NintendoFan64

MasterWario wrote:

So it looks like there are several challenges that you can't use a golden hammer on. Is everyone here sure you can use a golden hammer on the "clear 9.0 without losing a life"?

EDIT: Did a quick google search, and it looks like the answer is NO. Thank you, Sakurai and Development Team.

...Huh...I think I'm gonna go cry in a pillow now.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic