Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 16,601 to 16,620 of 27,917

UGXwolf

@Squid The large ship in the first picture that they're standing on is the Great Fox. No doubt about that. The Arwings are large in proportion, but that's nothing new. The description implies that they're going through the Orbital Gate (which I can now see in the background of the first picture) so I can totally see where I got the wrong idea. Nothing new, here. Just disproportionally large Arwings.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

NintendoFan64

Okay, so far this is my favorite stage in the Wii U version and in my opinion kicks all previous Starfox stages into the ground.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

Budda

As much as I love the new Star Fox stage, I hope there will be a classic stage a la Corneria. :3
Maybe Sector-Z as a returning stage?

Edited on by Budda

Laugh Hard, Run Fast, Be Kind

FlaygletheBagel

The name of the stage is Orbital Gate, which differs from the Tower of Smash leak that simply calls it "Great Fox." Not sure if this is more evidence against the leak being true, but the leak DID accurately predict the Game and Wario stage... I'll wait until a stage comes out that's not on the list before I dismiss it.

Games I'm playing: Hotline Miami 2, Smash Wii U, GTA V, Dying Light, Resogun

Recently completed games: Hotline Miami, P.T., Shovel Knight

Games I want soon: Zelda U, The Witcher 3, Axiom Verge, Everyone's Gone to the Rapture

3DS Friend Code: 5429-7042-7857 | Nintendo Network ID: AmateurSalad8

C-Olimar

FlaygletheBagel wrote:

The name of the stage is Orbital Gate, which differs from the Tower of Smash leak that simply calls it "Great Fox." Not sure if this is more evidence against the leak being true, but the leak DID accurately predict the Game and Wario stage... I'll wait until a stage comes out that's not on the list before I dismiss it.

It only half predicted G&W. It listed the stage as Game&Wario when it was in fact called Gamer. I would err on the side of caution with this leak.

C-Olimar

Yoshi_Prime

For a fleeting second, my just-awoken self held out hope that the green ship in the bottom left was Xel'lotath from Eternal Darkness.

Edited on by Yoshi_Prime

Yoshi_Prime

Captain_Toad

Heh, I'm pretty sure that the WiiU stages are pretty much looking arcade-y in nature.

Was Mariobro4. No, I'm not taking off my backpack...it's important.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1530-1570-5053 | 3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

MrWalkieTalkie

So it looks like stages on Wii U will be more chaotic and dynamic if this new Star Fox stage, Pilotwings, Mushroom Kingdom U, and Gamer stages have anything to say about it. Not to mention these "bosses" Sakurai made a big deal about despite only having Yellow Devil so far revealed.

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Mr.WalkieTalkie
Nintendo Network ID: Mr.WalkieTalkie
3DS Friend Code: 4382-2073-7299

VOTE WONDER-RED FOR SMASH!!

KO-Cub

NintyMan wrote:

Sakurai on why there's no transformations:

“It’s basically due to the 3DS’ limitations. It was impossible to have both characters exist together [as one] on 3DS.”
“However, reaching that limit can sometimes lead in good directions. Transforming characters had the drawback of ambiguous tactics and such, and I believe that they have become more fresh now.”

On Japanese players' concerns about their online being laggy:

“It varies according to your connection. When the controls lag, to put it simply, it’s an issue with the connection speed. If you notice it lagging at all times, then there’s a high chance that there’s a problem with your connection.”

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/10/01/zelda-sheik-different-ch...

Oh yum. Can't wait to play online with my laggy internet. Anyway, what were people complaining about the lag in the first place? Did they thing the Nintendo servers were making the game lag or something?

Wavedashes behind you Got some of dat Maylay?
FE Heroes: 0964602082

3DS Friend Code: 5343-9126-6120 | Nintendo Network ID: KOCub

Captain_Toad

NintyMan wrote:

Sakurai on why there's no transformations:

“It’s basically due to the 3DS’ limitations. It was impossible to have both characters exist together [as one] on 3DS.”
“However, reaching that limit can sometimes lead in good directions. Transforming characters had the drawback of ambiguous tactics and such, and I believe that they have become more fresh now.”

On Japanese players' concerns about their online being laggy:

“It varies according to your connection. When the controls lag, to put it simply, it’s an issue with the connection speed. If you notice it lagging at all times, then there’s a high chance that there’s a problem with your connection.”

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/10/01/zelda-sheik-different-ch...

Because of the 3ds the ice climbers are now gone, heh on the other hand BECAUSE of the 3ds you no longer have to worry about switching characters, My little nephew has been wanting to play as Shiek without worrying about switching for a while.

Was Mariobro4. No, I'm not taking off my backpack...it's important.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1530-1570-5053 | 3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

Grumblevolcano

This stage is looking like it may end up my favourite, Star Fox Assault is a very good game and these screens look like the Smash Wii U stage will represent the Orbital Gate mission very well.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

jariw

Grumblevolcano wrote:

This stage is looking like it may end up my favourite

You might want to wait with such a statement. I think the pic-of-the-day features are carefully planned to constantly have an increase in interest, and perhaps to also be combined with a SSB U Nintendo Direct.

jariw

Nintendo6400

So apparently it takes over a year to develop a character for smash O.O. check the NL article on the homepage.

3DS FC: 4854-6437-9458
Friend Safari: Fire- Growlith, Pyroar, Flechling

Grumblevolcano

jariw wrote:

Grumblevolcano wrote:

This stage is looking like it may end up my favourite

You might want to wait with such a statement. I think the pic-of-the-day features are carefully planned to constantly have an increase in interest, and perhaps to also be combined with a SSB U Nintendo Direct.

But my favourite Nintendo franchises are F-Zero, Star Fox and Fire Emblem. I can't see a 3rd Fire Emblem stage coming to Wii U, maybe a GX course for F-Zero that isn't Mute City, Cosmo Terminal or Port Town could be better than a Star Fox Assault stage, similarly with Bowser's Castle from Mario Kart 8 (I do not believe the rumour at all).

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

DefHalan

NintyMan wrote:

Nintendo6400 wrote:

So apparently it takes over a year to develop a character for smash O.O. check the NL article on the homepage.

Obviously Sakurai didn't mean that too literally or else it would take 49 years to make these new games!

I think that applies to newcomers. On second thought, that still doesn't make much sense, as there's lots of newcomers this time.

It probably takes over a year worth of man power to make and balance a new character. Meaning all the hours of art, programming, design, and testing equal to probably 1 work year.

Edited on by DefHalan

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

LzWinky

3DS is definitive version. It's only $40

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Randomname19

I can't wait to play in Palutena's temple and see by myself how huge it is.

Edited on by Randomname19

Avatar by AzulieZeiro and BeanMChocolate

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic