Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 16,581 to 16,600 of 27,917

Rin-go

@FlaygletheBagel @TeeJay
Actually, if I understood it correctly, because the thickness of the outlines doesn't change the more zoomed out the more visible the outlines become. So it should be easy to distinguish while playing.

Rin-go

LzWinky

Three days...

Untitled

THREE DAYS

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

TeeJay

Rin-go wrote:

@FlaygletheBagel @TeeJay
Actually, if I understood it correctly, because the thickness of the outlines doesn't change the more zoomed out the more visible the outlines become. So it should be easy to distinguish while playing.

True. It is a pretty zoomed-in image.

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Rin-go

@TeeJay
Yeah, which usually isn't so much the case while playing. The red outline is hardly visible, especially on that stage.

By the way, I got that information regarding the picture from the Japanese tweet. ^^

Rin-go

TeeJay

Rin-go wrote:

@TeeJay
Yeah, which usually isn't so much the case while playing. The red outline is hardly visible, especially on that stage.

By the way, I got that information regarding the picture from the Japanese tweet. ^^

I follow a bunch of Smash blogs on Tumblr so I heard that too, I'd just forgotten that's how outlines work. DX

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Pootypie

WaLzgi wrote:

Three days...

Untitled

THREE DAYS

Damnit that moon is scary, this is why I stopped playing Link after I played one of the games when I was a child.

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

LzWinky

Also, spoiler alert, in case no one knew that Ganondorf was in the game

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

UGXwolf

That's smart. Up close, you know who's on your team, anyways, so you aren't worried about the outlines, but further away, you can look for the colors to distinguish who you should be aiming for.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

iamslovakin

One thing that I want them to fix (it was never really broken but just could use some improvement) is the clarity of the game. What I mean by that is if you had 4 people on screen in brawl there was a lot going on and sometimes it would be way too hectic and you wouldn't know what was going on. Hopefully the sharper visuals and the extra additions fix that. (I Feel like I'm alone on this issue).

Edited on by iamslovakin

NNID: Slovakin
Steam ID: iamslovakin

NintendoFan64

Already saw that in the Smash Bros. 3DS Topic. The name makes more sense than just Duck Hunt Dog now that I think about it, because the Duck helps out the dog a little.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

SparkOfSpirit

I hope everyone here knew the roster.

“A thing may be too sad to be believed or too wicked to be believed or too good to be believed; but it cannot be too absurd to be believed in this planet of frogs and elephants, of crocodiles and cuttle-fish.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Henmii

If they are gonna do DLC (Wich is highly likely) I hope they do the following:

-Purchase it on Wii u, also usable on 3DS and vice versa. I don't want to buy everything twice!
-Not only offer us season passes, but also seperate packs. I mean: In Hyrule warriors there's only a season pass, but you have no idea whats inside. I bought it, but there may be some stuff in it that I don't need. Give people choice.
-This is a no-brainer: Cool characters! Not a simple clone or Fire emblem character number 6, but King Rool and Professor Layton!

Edited on by Henmii

Henmii

IceClimbers

SparkOfSpirit wrote:

I hope everyone here knew the roster.

That picture doesn't have the full roster. ROB is missing. Besides, I think at this point the roster stopped being spoilers on this thread. Too many discussions over individual characters (the clone corner characters especially) for it to be spoilers anymore.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

jariw

Star Fox-themed stage as pic of the day:

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Edited on by jariw

jariw

UGXwolf

So was right! You will essentially be playing on Sector Z, but flipped. Though it appears there will be other ships you can temporarily fight on.

EDIT: Nevermind. Looks like it works more like PIlot Wings or Halberd. Also, I know we already established that size and scale means very little to Smash but HOLY CRAP! SIZE AND SCALE MEANS VERY VERY LITTLE IN THIS STAGE! Unless I'm mistaken, they're INSIDE the Great Fox in that last picture. Later, we see them fighting ON TOP of it. Apparently the Great Fox either shrunk or they grew massively.

Edited on by UGXwolf

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

FriedSquid

I dont know what the stage is referencing but from the description this sounds like a pretty fun stage. It must be pretty big, as I could barely see ZSS in the first photo. Seems like a much a larger Big Blue in terms of concept and size.

Also, Samus is on that ship with Fox! That Metroid x Star Fox crossover is finally confirmed!

Sav'aaq!
A Miiverse admin's first day on the job.
"Samus is under fire! She's sent an emergency directive! Join the fight!"
My Squidloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6168-7289 | Nintendo Network ID: captainsquid

CapeSmash

Untitled
"Pic of the day. This is the Orbital Gate stage. This is a Wii U version-exclusive stage reenacting Team Star Fox's defense of the Orbital Gate from an Aparoid missile attack."

Untitled
"Missiles are launched towards the Orbital Gate! The force field shields the machinery for a while, and the missiles eventually get shot down by team Star Fox. Overall, this stage feels like a ride. It's pretty hectic, so hold on tight!"

Untitled
"The Arwings are passing through the gate! And the fighters hop on for a free ride!!"

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

FriedSquid

@UGXWolf From the description, I don't think they're in the Great Fox, but for them to be standing on the Arwings, which I think need to fit inside the Great Fox, then yeah there's some inconsistent proportions here!

EDIT: Was gonna post the whole thing but @SockoMario ninja'd me!

Edited on by FriedSquid

Sav'aaq!
A Miiverse admin's first day on the job.
"Samus is under fire! She's sent an emergency directive! Join the fight!"
My Squidloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6168-7289 | Nintendo Network ID: captainsquid

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic