Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 16,621 to 16,640 of 27,917

Grumblevolcano

WaLzgi wrote:

3DS is definitive version. It's only $40

No, Wii U is definitive version because you can use a GameCube controller

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

UGXwolf

NintyMan wrote:

I still find it a little surprising that Sakurai has no personal favorite character in Smash. At first I wasn't because he's the Director of the games and there's no telling how many times he played and tested each character on the roster, but then you would think he would still have some sort of attachment to his personal characters like Kirby and Pit.

I would argue that similar happens to him that happens to most players. Once they find their play style, the character they're playing AS doesn't matter quite as much. I may like Wolf, but I played him because he matches my playstyle. Similarly, I'm probably gonna play Little Mac or Pac-man due to them seeming to match my playstyle (Gonna need the game before I can be certain about this.) Since Sakurai has to play each character so much, he's probably extremely used to all playstyles meaning he's fond of all of his characters.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

CapeSmash

WaLzgi wrote:

More content, more (better) controls, HD graphics = $60

"Wii U is gonna have the best versions of all your favorite games." - Dr. Tre

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

IceClimbers

SockoMario wrote:

WaLzgi wrote:

"Wii U is gonna have the best versions of all your favorite games." - Dr. Tre

Shantae and the Pirate's Curse will probably disagree. That game's built from the ground up for 3DS.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

CapeSmash

I just noticed that I haven't turned items on in Melee in over a year...

Smash Mains:

Budda

SockoMario wrote:

WaLzgi wrote:

At my favourite retailer, the price difference will be even less. They offer new Wii U Nintendo games around 50€(+-5€)
40€ for the 3DS <-> 45€~55€ for the Wii U version. So if I'm lucky I only pay 5€... probably 10... more, for the "better" version.

Laugh Hard, Run Fast, Be Kind

CapeSmash

@IceClimbers brb dying

Smash Mains:

UGXwolf

Nice little bit of gaming trivia, there. Smash is just an encyclopedia of gaming history, I swear!

FriedSquid

Sakurai wrote:

"For shooting games overseas, it's common to see games that utilize the left stick to move around and the right to determine the direction to shoot, so we can say the origin of modern shooting games was this game--which is pretty remarkable."

Hey! Master Chief confirmed!

Sav'aaq!
A Miiverse admin's first day on the job.
"Samus is under fire! She's sent an emergency directive! Join the fight!"
My Squidloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6168-7289 | Nintendo Network ID: captainsquid

Nintenbomba64

NintyMan wrote:

Untitled
"This assist trophy is Sheriff. Sheriff was an arcade game released in 1979. In this game, the players aim by choosing one of eight directions to shoot using a second joystick separate from the one that controls movement. It was quite a revolutionary game for its time. For shooting games overseas, it's common to see games that utilize the left stick to move around and the right to determine the direction to shoot, so we can say the origin of modern shooting games was this game--which is pretty remarkable."

cooooooooooooool!

3DS FRIEND CODE: 0834-3222-4994

Nintendo Network ID: Nintenbomba64

NinjaWaddleDee

NoUsernameHere wrote:

Sees today's pic

Okay, I take back EVERYTHING I said about the 3DS being the best version. Wii U > 3DS.

No offense, but why would you think that In the first place? Just curious.

Check out my YouTube channel if you love gaming, and Nintendo (especially Metroid) I think you'll enjoy my videos. :)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCagN36OxIjCGUVMaYFtPgSg

Nintendo Network ID: NinjaWaddleDee

NintendoFan64

You know, I think there was actually a Sheriff trophy in Melee. Hold on, let me find it...there we go.
Untitled

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

MegaStoneSmash91

I heard about the Sheriff Assist Trophy from the tips in the 3DS demo, but I haven't seen it in action. It's good to see some Wii U Pics lately.

By the way, I wonder why Sakurai shoved Dark Toon Link in there. Dedede isn't using one of his pallet swaps or anything, so it seems pretty random.

Beep.
That is all.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0896-8068-4007 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

KO-Cub

Aarod-Kong wrote:

Just realized that the stage in the pic is pyrosphere... Could you kindly show us Ridley already, Sakurai?

Or jump to the chase and please make sure if any DLC characters come, make sure Ridley isn't one of them.

Wavedashes behind you Got some of dat Maylay?
FE Heroes: 0964602082

3DS Friend Code: 5343-9126-6120 | Nintendo Network ID: KOCub

LzWinky

Ridley confirmed for DLC...as another trophy!

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Blast

NintyMan wrote:

Untitled
"This assist trophy is Sheriff. Sheriff was an arcade game released in 1979. In this game, the players aim by choosing one of eight directions to shoot using a second joystick separate from the one that controls movement. It was quite a revolutionary game for its time. For shooting games overseas, it's common to see games that utilize the left stick to move around and the right to determine the direction to shoot, so we can say the origin of modern shooting games was this game--which is pretty remarkable."

Dark Toon Link is VERY disturbing to look at...

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Pootypie

I have no idea who Sheriff is lol

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

UGXwolf

NintyMan wrote:

Sakurai's comment on fans' concerns about lagging online on the 3DS version:

“Connectivity can depend heavily on location so I really don’t know what to say. At the very least, we’ve confirmed that smooth play is possible under various conditions of external networks. During multi-player, you’re connected with another player and sending light amounts of data back and forth, so if the game feels laggy, it’s due to the connection speed. If you play when it’s laggy, then the person you’re playing with will experience the same lag, so it’s best to play when the connection is clear. During development, there were cases where we had too many people and the connection became sluggish, so we turned off our cell phones and the connection would clear up. It’s best to avoid playing while streaming something or by a tethered connection. Free wi-fi spots are probably not very good either.”

Sakurai also reiterated that he doesn't have a favorite character. However, he does like heavy characters.

“I don’t have one. However, for this game, I tend to like the heavier fighters.”

http://kotaku.com/smash-bros-creator-answers-fan-questions-16...

So King Dedede, Bowser, maybe Rosalina or... huh, you know, this kinda makes me wonder how he let Wolf and K. Rool slide by. If he likes heavier characters, you'd think he'd be more likely to get heavier characters in.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic