Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 15,281 to 15,300 of 27,917

Blast

DestinyMan wrote:

The DK series is getting such little treatment; it's pretty sad.

I still say there's just too many playable Mario characters running around in this game. Bowser Jr, Rosalina AND Dr. Mario???? All taking up vital roster spots???? No, no. Make Dr. Mario a costume change for Mario and change Lucina to a costume change for Marth. I have nothing against these characters. I like all of them but even I see that other Nintendo franchises are seriously getting neglected.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Budda

Operative wrote:

So apparently miiverse is not in the game. I bet because Sakurai hates the internet and didn't want people posting screenshots. Pretty disappointing really

The 3DS Smash Community and Miiverse features will probably get patched in the game as soon as the game get released in the US/EU. :S

Laugh Hard, Run Fast, Be Kind

LuigiTheGreenFire

DestinyMan wrote:

The DK series is getting such little treatment; it's pretty sad.

Agreed. Dixie Kong and King K. Rool would have made great playable characters.

Anyone else think The Legend of Zelda is getting treated poorly as well? No newcomers in Super Smash Bros. 4 and the return of Toon Link (a pathetic decision I mgiht add).

What Would W. Do?

3DS Friend Code: 3609-1033-1732 | Nintendo Network ID: Wman1996

Grumblevolcano

@LuigiTheGreenFire I think LoZ support is perfectly fine apart from Link and Toon Link having the same final smash. 4 returning characters, 2 new stages for 3DS of which one is based on a really underrated game (Spirit Tracks), lots of Assist Trophies and items as well as 1 new stage for Wii U so far.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

TuVictus

Zelda is represented perfectly. Fire Emblem and Mario might be a tad over represented but their characters are cool. I'm just happy xenoblade has a single rep in the game. Metroid deserves another and DK deserves K.Rool. I'm not fond of Dixie and a villain from the DK universe would have been awesome

TuVictus

FriedSquid

My only problem so far is the overexposure of Kid Icarus Uprising. I love the game, don't get me wrong, but there just feels like too much bias towards it in this game. Dark Pit definitely should have been an Assist Trophy or Pit alt.

Sav'aaq!
A Miiverse admin's first day on the job.
"Samus is under fire! She's sent an emergency directive! Join the fight!"
My Squidloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6168-7289 | Nintendo Network ID: captainsquid

Kewlan

(Dr. Mario works the same as regular Mario, right?)

I would have preferred if Dr. Mario was an alt costume instead. I like how they did it in Project M.

ಠ_ಠ
Waiting for ShadowforSSB4 to take me up to the heavens.

Favorite Game List:
1#: Lufia 2
2#: Terraria
3#: Team Fortress 2

3DS Friend Code: 3153-4099-8763 | Nintendo Network ID: Kewlan

Nintendo6400

Zelda is represented perfectly, but ganondorf is poorly made. He has so much potential for an original moveset, but he's subjugated by captain falcons moves. Ganondorf is nothing like cf. And this really disappoints zelda fans like me. Hopefully his custom move has some originality.

3DS FC: 4854-6437-9458
Friend Safari: Fire- Growlith, Pyroar, Flechling

Undead_terror

Kewlan wrote:

I would have preferred if Dr. Mario was an alt costume instead. I like how they did it in Project M.

Dr. Mario actually got a few different moves! he throws pills still but he can do one of Mario's old moves which is spin around fast like in Smash 64, he still got the white cape, but other then that I don't know what's different.

Sp00ky scary skeleton back to play games and dew other fine things indead!
The Graveyard (Backloggery) l Nintendo ID: Undead_terror

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

Eel

Dr Mario is nothing more than the same character from Melee.

It would surprise you, but he was actually a rather popular character back then.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Budda

Kewlan wrote:

And what's the difference?
Either way he is in the game. As his own slot or costume... And there is nothing like "stealing slots".
And as already mentioned. He is the Dr. Mario from Melee. Mario and Dr. Mario are at last as different as in Melee. Even more than that; he has no FLUDD!.

TuVictus

I'm sure Triple Deluxe started development well after smash did, so his final smash was probably put in very early on

TuVictus

Haxonberik

I don't have my Club Nintendo codes with me and I can't even log in... so I suppose I'll get my demo, another day...

www.convectiongames.com

retropunky

Undead_terror wrote:

But ya I would probably still us Dr. Mario over normal Mario most times.

I found Dr. Mario a tad slower than normal Mario.

Preferably, I would choose normal Mario. I hope that his FLUDD move is replaced, it was annoying.

retropunky

3DS Friend Code: 4313-0436-2109

Budda

Haxonberik wrote:

I don't have my Club Nintendo codes with me and I can't even log in... so I suppose I'll get my demo, another day...

What do you mean? You just have to check your e-mails that is connected to your Club Nintendo account?.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic