Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 14,461 to 14,480 of 27,917

CapeSmash

Actually since eveyone doesn't want a Wii U, the Wii U version will sell 800,000 copies (for the first 2 weeks).

Lifetime: 2 million

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

UGXwolf

SockoMario wrote:

Actually since eveyone doesn't want a Wii U, the Wii U version will sell 800,000 copies (for the first 2 weeks).

Oh, come on. Its lifetime sales will easily beat 2 mil. Did people forget this is Smash Bros. we're talking about?

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

CapeSmash

UGXwolf wrote:

SockoMario wrote:

Oh, come on. Its lifetime sales will easily beat 2 mil. Did people forget this is Smash Bros. we're talking about?

3DS version will pass 2 million. The Wii U version... no. If they sell happy meal Smash Bros. Wii U toys at McDonald's, then I think it will sell 3 million lifetime.

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

Grumblevolcano

WaLzgi wrote:

NinjaWaddleDee wrote:

Here are a couple modes I think the Wii U version will have to make it the "definitive version."

• Classic (Obviously)
  • All star (Obviously)
  • Some sort of Melee style Adventure mode.
  • Stage Builder
  • Event Matches
  • Some brand new mode that no one has thought of yet. Something as new as Smash Run was to us.

Why are Classic and All-star listed?

Because they are not confirmed for the Wii U version yet.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Shirma_Akayaku

What about Boss Battles in the Wii U version?

Edited on by Shirma_Akayaku

Wi-Fi Game List:
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Splatoon
Super Smash Bros. Wii U & 3DS + All DLC
Mario Kart 8 + All DLC
Mario Golf: World Tour + All DLC
Mario Kart 7
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Wii U & 3DS Game Wish List:...

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9553-9610 | Nintendo Network ID: Toadette75

MegaStoneSmash91

Grumblevolcano wrote:

WaLzgi wrote:

NinjaWaddleDee wrote:

Here are a couple modes I think the Wii U version will have to make it the "definitive version."

• Classic (Obviously)
  • All star (Obviously)
  • Some sort of Melee style Adventure mode.
  • Stage Builder
  • Event Matches
  • Some brand new mode that no one has thought of yet. Something as new as Smash Run was to us.

Why are Classic and All-star listed?

Because they are not confirmed for the Wii U version yet.

Yes, but they are confirmed for the 3DS version. Something both versions have is not a reason for one to be the definitive version, unless the Wii U versions of those modes are much better. I think that's what @WaLZgi was getting at. Otherwise this is a list of stuff that's almost certainly in the Wii U version. There's also Home Run Contest, Multi-Man, and all the other modes the two versions will share.

Beep.
That is all.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0896-8068-4007 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

UGXwolf

SockoMario wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

3DS version will pass 2 million. The Wii U version... no. If they sell happy meal Smash Bros. Wii U toys at McDonald's, then I think it will sell 3 million lifetime.

I don't think you have any idea. Given the Wii U's current install bar and attachment rate, it shouldn't have trouble passing 2mil. Don't forget that Smash has more longevity than most other Nintendo series. You greatly underestimate both the system and the game, not to mention the fanbase.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Jazzer94

SockoMario wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

SockoMario wrote:

You are greatly underestimating the Wii U versions selling power.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

Nintendo_Ninja

Come on guys! It's not like Mariokart 8 surpassed 1 million in its first month or anything. Smash Wii U is DOOMED

Nintendo ID Network: Nintendo_Ninja
Mario Maker ID: LR5-VQV-THG

SparkOfSpirit

Nintendo_Ninja wrote:

Come on guys! It's not like Mariokart 8 surpassed 1 million in its first month or anything. Smash Wii U is DOOMED

There were people going on about how MK8 wouldn't sell as well. I don't really understand why. These games are proven system sellers.

“A thing may be too sad to be believed or too wicked to be believed or too good to be believed; but it cannot be too absurd to be believed in this planet of frogs and elephants, of crocodiles and cuttle-fish.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Kewlan

Nintendo_Ninja wrote:

Good point, but wasn't that the first two days..?

ಠ_ಠ
Waiting for ShadowforSSB4 to take me up to the heavens.

Favorite Game List:
1#: Lufia 2
2#: Terraria
3#: Team Fortress 2

3DS Friend Code: 3153-4099-8763 | Nintendo Network ID: Kewlan

The_Ninja

3DS smash will obviously sell more, but that doesn't mean Wii U sales will be bad.
It's just that Japan prefers handhelds over consoles, and I'm pretty sure every japanese Smash fan will get the 3DS version.

And to make the Wii U version sell better, it better have a exclusive game mode. And if it does, I hope it's not Stage Builder. It can have that, but it should be the main mode like how Smash Run is.

What if the exclusive game mode is Gourmet Race, smash style?

The_Ninja

3DS Friend Code: 1891-2599-4796

CaviarMeths

SockoMario wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

SockoMario wrote:

Yeah man. Sm4sh will plummet 85% in sales from Brawl and be the lowest selling Smash gave ever by a huge margin.

Good call.

Edited on by CaviarMeths

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

C-Olimar

SparkOfSpirit wrote:

Nintendo_Ninja wrote:

There were people going on about how MK8 wouldn't sell as well. I don't really understand why. These games are proven system sellers.

Smash is not even half the system seller Mario Kart is. It's more of a core game, and most core Nintendo gamers already have the console.
I'm almost certain it will exceed my estimates, after taking into account further data. But I am certain of the fact that Smash Wii U will be the worst selling version yet. It has 5-6 million to beat. No chance.

C-Olimar

Nintendo6400

Ok, I just watched this video from the previous link I gave out, and its pretty funny.

3DS FC: 4854-6437-9458
Friend Safari: Fire- Growlith, Pyroar, Flechling

Blast

C-Olimar wrote:

SparkOfSpirit wrote:

Nintendo_Ninja wrote:

Smash is not even half the system seller Mario Kart is. It's more of a core game, and most core Nintendo gamers already have the console.
I'm almost certain it will exceed my estimates, after taking into account further data. But I am certain of the fact that Smash Wii U will be the worst selling version yet. It has 5-6 million to beat. No chance.

Sad.... but you're right I'm a Nintendo fan and I like my Wii U. It has its flaws but its still a great console.... but there is no way Smash Wii U is gonna sell crazy well or beyond reasonable expectations. The 3DS version is taking away major potential sales from the Wii U version, advertising for the Wii U version needs to begin now, etc.... The game will sell great but Wii U consoles won't be sold like crazy.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Nintendo_Ninja

For every core gamer who likes Smash, I've met a casual who likes it. It's only the "elite smash community" that think it's too hard core for casuals and they think the difficulty will scare them off.

Nintendo ID Network: Nintendo_Ninja
Mario Maker ID: LR5-VQV-THG

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic