Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 14,441 to 14,460 of 27,917

CaviarMeths

Smash games historically have a higher console attach rate. Brawl had the lowest, but then you have to consider that like 40 million Wiis were sold to moms that played Wii Sports a few times and then never touched it again.

Smash for Wii U selling less than one million units to an installed base that will be approaching 10 million by the end of 2014 would be embarrassing. It would be even worse than Brawl. As for the 3DS version, it's the best bet for the 3DS's next 10 million seller by the end of its life cycle.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

UGXwolf

CaviarMeths wrote:

Smash games historically have a higher console attach rate. Brawl had the lowest, but then you have to consider that like 40 million Wiis were sold to moms that played Wii Sports a few times and then never touched it again.

Smash for Wii U selling less than one million units to an installed base that will be approaching 10 million by the end of 2014 would be embarrassing. It would be even worse than Brawl. As for the 3DS version, it's the best bet for the 3DS's next 10 million seller by the end of its life cycle.

Thanks for backing my estimates with actual logic! =D I'm too wiped, tonight. I can't find/think of this kinda stuff myself.

@GrumbleVolcano Yeah, but it's not at all unsafe to assume that the Wii U Version will have at least as much content, and we already know the graphics, speed, and control options will be better in the Wii U Version, which is what a lot of hardcore Smashers will likely wind up judging it on, since the roster and gameplay will be nearly identical.

Edited on by UGXwolf

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

NinjaWaddleDee

Undead_terror wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

Undead_terror wrote:

SuperMalleo wrote:

I'm glad nobody talked about Goku joining the cast. Sure he's a cool character but I don't want him in Smash. He isn't in the same league as all the other fighters. He is too strong, too fast, and would destroy everyone. He is better for his own games.

That and he really isn't a video game character, also they would of needed to get the rights to use him and stuff of course.

Namco does that on a regular basis. Just pointing this out.

Ya, but it's no different really from a video game movie IMO, it's just a way to reach out to the gaming fans and the games usually follow the story of the show/manga, he isn't a video game character at heart unlike all the other fighters, also there are other characters that should be in the game instead of Goku game related, but if he did made it in then there should be other show/manga related characters that would be a better fit then Goku.

You might as well put Master Chief or Sack boy in Smash Bros. over Goku. At least THEY are related to gaming.

Check out my YouTube channel if you love gaming, and Nintendo (especially Metroid) I think you'll enjoy my videos. :)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCagN36OxIjCGUVMaYFtPgSg

Nintendo Network ID: NinjaWaddleDee

NinjaWaddleDee

Here are a couple modes I think the Wii U version will have to make it the "definitive version."

• Classic (Obviously)
  • All star (Obviously)
  • Some sort of Melee style Adventure mode.
  • Stage Builder
  • Event Matches
  • Some brand new mode that no one has thought of yet. Something as new as Smash Run was to us.

Check out my YouTube channel if you love gaming, and Nintendo (especially Metroid) I think you'll enjoy my videos. :)

UGXwolf

@Undead_terror @NinjaWaddleDee I think we're looking at it the wrong way, though. Smash is supposed to be a celebration of all things Nintendo. Ok, yeah, 3rd parties slip in, but this is why there are only three of them in this game compared to the fifty other characters floating around. Even then, to say that Sonic, Mega Man, and Pac-man were irrelevant to Nintendo's history would be blind on a deeply disturbing level.

The reason Saiyan Marth, Ogre Marth, Marther Chief, and Marth Boy aren't in this game is because they all mean a hill of beans to Nintendo... combined! Nintendo has never once even MENTIONED one of these characters. It's really that simple. Of course, you probably already knew this, but I put it into words for you.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

OmegaMetroid93

Oh man... I just realized the 3DS-version doesn't have event matches. =O
I really hope the WiiU-version does. They were one of my favourite things about Melee.

OmegaMetroid93

NinjaWaddleDee

UGXwolf wrote:

@Undead_terror @NinjaWaddleDee I think we're looking at it the wrong way, though. Smash is supposed to be a celebration of all things Nintendo. Ok, yeah, 3rd parties slip in, but this is why there are only three of them in this game compared to the fifty other characters floating around. Even then, to say that Sonic, Mega Man, and Pac-man were irrelevant to Nintendo's history would be blind on a deeply disturbing level.

The reason Saiyan Marth, Ogre Marth, Marther Chief, and Marth Boy aren't in this game is because they all mean a hill of beans to Nintendo... combined! Nintendo has never once even MENTIONED one of these characters. It's really that simple. Of course, you probably already knew this, but I put it into words for you.

Oh, I totally know what you mean. There's no way in heck that I would want to see any character that has nothing to do with Nintendo's history in Smash Bros. But all of these Goku, and anime character requests really tick me off. Whatever, people will be people I suppose.

NinjaWaddleDee

I know this is going to sound snobbish, but it's kind of annoying when people refer to the game as, "the new brawl coming out soon." It's not called Brawl. It's Smash. There were other "smash" games before brawl. Maybe it's just because I grew up with Smash64, and Melee. Meh, I'm old.

Pootypie

Captain_Toad wrote:

TheGreatGamer wrote:

4 more days till we know everything... Also this: https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2014/09/niconico_super_smash...

HYPE!!!

I also have a question... Is it possible for Super Smash Bros to be on eShop?

Yes. Yes it will be on the eshop.

Oh really?! Oh thank god, thank you for the answer by the way.

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

Captain_Toad

TheGreatGamer wrote:

Captain_Toad wrote:

TheGreatGamer wrote:

4 more days till we know everything... Also this: https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2014/09/niconico_super_smash...

HYPE!!!

I also have a question... Is it possible for Super Smash Bros to be on eShop?

Yes. Yes it will be on the eshop.

Oh really?! Oh thank god, thank you for the answer by the way.

Don't mention it.

Was Mariobro4. No, I'm not taking off my backpack...it's important.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1530-1570-5053 | 3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

Inkling

Imagine if the next Smash only has the original 12 because Sakurai is sick of leaks

I will update this when Half Life 3 arrives. [Started 17/11/2015]

3DS Friend Code: 4768-7429-4970

Kewlan

For next Smash, Sakurai should walk up to a random smash fan and tell them all the characters. It would be funny to see if that person would share the info and to see if people would believe it.

"Sakurai suddenly walked up to me today and told me that these characters would be included in Smash 5..."

ಠ_ಠ
Waiting for ShadowforSSB4 to take me up to the heavens.

Favorite Game List:
1#: Lufia 2
2#: Terraria
3#: Team Fortress 2

3DS Friend Code: 3153-4099-8763 | Nintendo Network ID: Kewlan

ZurrrrBlattTron

Kewlan wrote:

For next Smash, Sakurai should walk up to a random smash fan and tell them all the characters. It would be funny to see if that person would share the info and to see if people would believe it.

"Sakurai suddenly walked up to me today and told me that these characters would be included in Smash 5..."

lolololol best laugh of the week xD thank you

ZurrrrBlattTron

Twitter:

Inkling

@Kewlan lol that would be funny

I will update this when Half Life 3 arrives. [Started 17/11/2015]

3DS Friend Code: 4768-7429-4970

LzWinky

NinjaWaddleDee wrote:

Here are a couple modes I think the Wii U version will have to make it the "definitive version."

• Classic (Obviously)
  • All star (Obviously)
  • Some sort of Melee style Adventure mode.
  • Stage Builder
  • Event Matches
  • Some brand new mode that no one has thought of yet. Something as new as Smash Run was to us.

Why are Classic and All-star listed?

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Gridatttack

Both version provides different stuff. 3DS ver is portable. But I think the wii u version has the edge because you can play it with friends who don't have a 3DS with the copy of the game. You just need the console,1 game and the controllers.

After all, smash is all about the multiplayer, right?

New Super Mario Bros. Deluxe, a remake of Super Mario Bros 1 and The Lost Levels for NSMBDS.
new 3DS: 0276-2211-7514

3DS Friend Code: 0276-2211-7514 | Nintendo Network ID: Gridatttack

LzWinky

It depends really. Most of my friends already have a 3DS, so they may get a copy too

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

MegaStoneSmash91

NinjaWaddleDee wrote:

I know this is going to sound snobbish, but it's kind of annoying when people refer to the game as, "the new brawl coming out soon." It's not called Brawl. It's Smash. There were other "smash" games before brawl. Maybe it's just because I grew up with Smash64, and Melee. Meh, I'm old.

Same here. I spent so much time with Smash 64 and Melee. They were probably the games I played most on their respective consoles. I've put plenty of time into Brawl, too, and am still playing after 6 years.

I've heard people refer to the new games as Brawl, too. What I get annoyed at, though, is when stages are referred to as "maps" or "levels".

Beep.
That is all.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0896-8068-4007 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic