Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 14,481 to 14,500 of 27,917

Grumblevolcano

Blast wrote:

C-Olimar wrote:

SparkOfSpirit wrote:

Nintendo_Ninja wrote:

Come on guys! It's not like Mariokart 8 surpassed 1 million in its first month or anything. Smash Wii U is DOOMED

There were people going on about how MK8 wouldn't sell as well. I don't really understand why. These games are proven system sellers.

Smash is not even half the system seller Mario Kart is. It's more of a core game, and most core Nintendo gamers already have the console.
I'm almost certain it will exceed my estimates, after taking into account further data. But I am certain of the fact that Smash Wii U will be the worst selling version yet. It has 5-6 million to beat. No chance.

Sad.... but you're right I'm a Nintendo fan and I like my Wii U. It has its flaws but its still a great console.... but there is no way Smash Wii U is gonna sell crazy well or beyond reasonable expectations. The 3DS version is taking away major potential sales from the Wii U version, advertising for the Wii U version needs to begin now, etc.... The game will sell great but Wii U consoles won't be sold like crazy.

I also agree, so far the Wii U version feels like the 3DS version but with much less content, better graphics and controls. If it wasn't for the Gamecube controller + adapter and the soundtrack CD for registering both, right now I'd be questioning whether to get the Wii U version or to instead get both versions of Sonic Boom rather than just Wii U.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Nintendo_Ninja

Grumblevolcano wrote:

Blast wrote:

C-Olimar wrote:

SparkOfSpirit wrote:

Nintendo_Ninja wrote:

Come on guys! It's not like Mariokart 8 surpassed 1 million in its first month or anything. Smash Wii U is DOOMED

There were people going on about how MK8 wouldn't sell as well. I don't really understand why. These games are proven system sellers.

Smash is not even half the system seller Mario Kart is. It's more of a core game, and most core Nintendo gamers already
have the console.
I'm almost certain it will exceed my estimates, after taking into account further data. But I am certain of the fact that
Smash Wii U will be the worst selling version yet. It has 5-6 million to beat. No chance.

Sad.... but you're right I'm a Nintendo fan and I like my Wii U. It has its flaws but its still a great console.... but there is no way Smash Wii U is gonna sell crazy well or beyond reasonable
expectations. The 3DS version is taking away major potential sales from the Wii U version, advertising for the Wii U version needs to begin now, etc.... The game will
sell great but Wii U consoles won't be sold like crazy.

I also agree, so far the Wii U version feels like the 3DS version but with much less
content, better graphics and controls. If it wasn't for the Gamecube controller + adapter and the soundtrack CD for registering both, right now I'd be
questioning whether to get the Wii U version or to instead get both versions of Sonic Boom rather than just Wii U.

Not even with the
4 person, single screen multiplayer
Off screen tv play
Better graphics
(Probably) more stable online
And different trophys and stages?

Nintendo ID Network: Nintendo_Ninja
Mario Maker ID: LR5-VQV-THG

Jazzer94

Grumblevolcano wrote:

Blast wrote:

C-Olimar wrote:

SparkOfSpirit wrote:

Nintendo_Ninja wrote:

Smash is not even half the system seller Mario Kart is. It's more of a core game, and most core Nintendo gamers already have the console.
I'm almost certain it will exceed my estimates, after taking into account further data. But I am certain of the fact that Smash Wii U will be the worst selling version yet. It has 5-6 million to beat. No chance.

Sad.... but you're right I'm a Nintendo fan and I like my Wii U. It has its flaws but its still a great console.... but there is no way Smash Wii U is gonna sell crazy well or beyond reasonable expectations. The 3DS version is taking away major potential sales from the Wii U version, advertising for the Wii U version needs to begin now, etc.... The game will sell great but Wii U consoles won't be sold like crazy.

I also agree, so far the Wii U version feels like the 3DS version but with much less content, better graphics and controls. If it wasn't for the Gamecube controller + adapter and the soundtrack CD for registering both, right now I'd be questioning whether to get the Wii U version or to instead get both versions of Sonic Boom rather than just Wii U.

LOL just lol I can't take it, man my damn sides.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

Blast

Of course the Wii U version is gonna be better and the best way to play Smash 4... but it will NOT sell better than the 3DS version. It will NOT even make the Wii U, as a console, sell like crazy.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

IceClimbers

Given the Wii U's high attach rate, the game will sell great. No doubt about that. The question is whether or not it will actually move hardware. It will definitely push some, but how much?

One thing we should keep in mind is that Smash is releasing during the holiday season, while Mario Kart 8 launched right before summer. Consoles sell best during the holiday season, and worse during the summer. Then there's Japan, where home consoles are near dead. Smash obviously won't move very many systems there.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Nintendo_Ninja

And I know we don't know at the moment what extra content the Wii U version will have, but suggesting it will have less content then it's handheld counter part is a wee bit crazy.

Nintendo ID Network: Nintendo_Ninja
Mario Maker ID: LR5-VQV-THG

CapeSmash

Grumblevolcano wrote:

Blast wrote:

C-Olimar wrote:

SparkOfSpirit wrote:

Nintendo_Ninja wrote:

What the ****? Much less content? Af the moment it does, but not everything mode has been confirmed for the Wii U version. Also the Wii U version WILL have more content than the 3DS version. The Wii U can store more space than the 3DS, plus events mode and srage builder are missing from the 3DS version. So you know where those modes will be...

"right now I'd be questioning whether to get the Wii U version or to instead get both versions of Sonic Boom rather than just Wii U."

Sonic Boom over Smash? I give up.

Edited on by CapeSmash

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

IceClimbers

One thing we're all forgetting is that Smash is known as a home console experience!!!! The couch multiplayer experience that people have come to know and love from Smash CANNOT be replicated on the 3DS version. People know that. Just like how Pokemon is known as a handheld experience, not a home console experience.

Jazzer94

IceClimbers wrote:

One thing we're all forgetting is that Smash is known as a home console experience!!!! The couch multiplayer experience that people have come to know and love from Smash CANNOT be replicated on the 3DS version. People know that. Just like how Pokemon is known as a handheld experience, not a home console experience.

Please do not group us all together like that.

My YouTube
The Jazzloggery

Azooooz

And doubts about Smash Bros. sales have flooded this thread. Smash Bros. Wii U contents haven't been revealed yet and people say that it will sell worse than brawl .

I'm beginning to think that people here are being either sarcasm experts, or giving up on Nintendo.

Edited on by Azooooz

Making promise is easy. The hard part is keeping it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3533-1743-6611 | 3DS Friend Code: 5069-3944-7877 | My Nintendo: azooooz | Nintendo Network ID: desert_king_Q8

IceClimbers

Jazzer94 wrote:

IceClimbers wrote:

Sorry about that. Poor wording on my part.

cookiex

These last few pages are the most ludicrous things I've read all day.

It's not even funny.

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

CaviarMeths

Azooooz wrote:

And doubts about Smash Bros. sales have flooded this thread. Smash Bros. Wii U contents haven't been revealed yet and people say that it will sell worse than brawl .

I'm beginning to think that people here are being either sarcasm experts, or giving up on Nintendo.

It will sell worse than Brawl, but it will have a better attach rate.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Blast

Azooooz wrote:

Just because a game is high in quality... does not mean it will sell incredibly well. There's been MANY overhyped games that have sold incredibly well. And there's been many underrated games that haven't sold what they deserved.

I'm buying Smash for Wii U. I'm incredibly excited for this game. Its gonna sell great... but will it sell Wii U consoles like crazy? I doubt it.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Grumblevolcano

IceClimbers wrote:

Both of those I disagree with, "couch multiplayer" has become less important over time as we see all the time people questioning "Why hasn't Nintendo put online multiplayer into game Z". As for online, I think the 3DS version will be more stable as it was strongly recommended via the Direct that you purchase the LAN adapter for the Wii U version. With Pokémon, I think a remake of Yellow in a similar style to ORAS in which you could trade with 3DS consoles to XY and ORAS would immediately make the Wii U a success.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Jazzer94

IceClimbers wrote:

Jazzer94 wrote:

IceClimbers wrote:

Sorry about that. Poor wording on my part.

It's fine it's just these last few pages are just ridiculous.

My YouTube
The Jazzloggery

CaviarMeths

THE Holiday 2014 game won't move consoles. You heard it here first, folks.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Azooooz

DestinyMan wrote:

Grumblevolcano wrote:

I also agree, so far the Wii U version feels like the 3DS version but with much less content, better graphics and controls.

No. Can it be any clearer that the reason why there hasn't been much revealed for the Wii U version is because Sakurai and team are focusing on the 3DS version first? The 3DS version is releasing first. It's the smart thing to do to advertise and reveal more about a game when its release is imminent and people will notice it more. The 3DS version is also something new that requires special attention. Smash Bros. has always been a home console experience. The 3DS version is a change in the series by being the first handheld entry, so Nintendo has had to show and explain that version more right now. When that is released out into the world and gets settled into people's homes, expect to learn more about the Wii U version and the good exclusive content it will surely have. Please don't judge the game just by what little has been shown of it right now. You will feel pretty silly later on as the focus moves over onto it and there are modes and bonus features that may even make the 3DS version pale a little in comparison.

Thumbs up, soldier!!!
Untitled

Edited on by Azooooz

Making promise is easy. The hard part is keeping it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3533-1743-6611 | 3DS Friend Code: 5069-3944-7877 | My Nintendo: azooooz | Nintendo Network ID: desert_king_Q8

DefHalan

I really hope Nintendo isn't talking about the Wii U version because they want to get a bunch of sales from the 3DS version then the Wii U version will have 10x the content and the better character balancing. Then everyone will want the Wii U version.

Like the 3DS version would equal Ground Zero while the Wii U version would equal Phantom Pain (to compare it to Metal Gear Solid)

Edited on by DefHalan

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Jazzer94

Grumblevolcano wrote:

IceClimbers wrote:

Both of those I disagree with, "couch multiplayer" has become less important over time as we see all the time people questioning "Why hasn't Nintendo put online multiplayer into game Z". As for online, I think the 3DS version will be more stable as it was strongly recommended via the Direct that you purchase the LAN adapter for the Wii U version. With Pokémon, I think a remake of Yellow in a similar style to ORAS in which you could trade with 3DS consoles to XY and ORAS would immediately make the Wii U a success.

Please tell me you're joking about the 3DS version having a more stable online, you do realise in the same Direct Sakurai said the 3DS version will basically require a good (which I'd take as very good) internet connection. Honestly I'm almost speechless now.

Edited on by Jazzer94

My YouTube
The Jazzloggery

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic