Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 13,881 to 13,900 of 27,917

FriedSquid

C-Olimar wrote:

@NintendoFan64 I concur with you and many others who feel the same way.
Dark Pit and Dr Mario should not be their own characters. I'd rather they were costumes instead of their own fighters with slightly different quirks/moves than the characters they were cloned from.

But Sakurai directly stated that characters who have any difference in moveset, physics, or mechanics will have a separate character slot. So you either get an alternate costume with no quirks or a clone character with their own spot.

Also, one thing I'd like to address that I'm not sure if has been pointed out before, but I've seen some say that the roster looks like it could hold about five more characters due to the screen size, but couldn't it be possible for the character portraits to shrink as more characters get added? Not to say they would shrink infinitely, but if the leak was an incomplete roster, there's probably no real telling how many characters are left because they could probably fit in there somehow.

Edited on by FriedSquid

Sav'aaq!
A Miiverse admin's first day on the job.
"Samus is under fire! She's sent an emergency directive! Join the fight!"
My Squidloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6168-7289 | Nintendo Network ID: captainsquid

JunkosBoobies

SockoMario wrote:

You people CLEARLY do not understand how easy it is to fake a Wal-Mart ad.

Again, here's more proof.

Untitled

Do you even know if it's fake or not?

Yeah, I thought so. The denial is strong with this one.

Discord: JunkosBoobies#5379
Backloggery
MAL
DeviantArt
Avatar: Junko Enoshima (Danganronpa)

3DS Friend Code: 0447-7094-2346 | Nintendo Network ID: DeviousCrossing | Twitter:

CapeSmash

I am baffled right now. People took what I said seriously even with the crappy MS paint drawings.

I give up.

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

UGXwolf

SockoMario wrote:

I am baffled right now. People took what I said seriously even with the crappy MS paint drawings.

I give up.

For once, I'm with you. Guys, I'm autistic and talking through the Internet and I can still taste the sarcasm dripping off of everything @SockoMario has said in the last two pages.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Eel

I guess they thought you (socko) were trying to force a joke about how fake the walmart ad was.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Pootypie

Morphbug wrote:

I guess they thought you (socko) were trying to force a joke about how fake the walmart ad was.

I want a pink one though...

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

CaviarMeths

Blue Smash thing aside, is Alienware really trying to pass off a crappy PC as an "alpha gaming console" for $550?

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Crimzonlogic

SockoMario wrote:

I give up.

I knew you were joking. Thought it was kinda funny.

Currently playing: Smash Bros. 3DS, Xenoblade Chronicles, Alpha Sapphire.
Attempting to guide nephew through Skyward Sword. He keeps getting stuck.

Select one:
-Give me snacks.
-High-five me.
-Check out my Deviantart for dumb art: http://crimzonlogic.deviantart.c...

CapeSmash

CaviarMeths wrote:

Blue Smash thing aside, is Alienware really trying to pass off a crappy PC as an "alpha gaming console" for $550?

Wait wait wait... Alienware... gaming console? Hmm... I wonder how many people will buy that. lol

Btw, thanks @Crimzonlogic

Edited on by CapeSmash

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

Tsuchinoko

Undead_terror wrote:

SockoMario wrote:

Guys! I have proof that Wal-Mart ad is fake!

Untitled

The person who made that fake ad just took the red Smash 3DS and made it blue. I recolored it green for proof that it CAN be faked. Plus, Mr. Game & Watch's hand is sticking out onto the blue (green) Smash 3DS.

Laughably fake.

Paint me a pink one, it will look fabulos!

That reminds me, Captain Fabulous was the name me and the other gay nerds in my university made for the pink Captain Falcon.

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

UGXwolf

I just wanted to throw this out there because I thought of it while posting a comment elsewhere.

If we assume that the CSS is NOT 100% truthful (maybe modified; maybe fake; maybe it's a recreation of sorts), I can find an argument for both Ice Climbers and Wolf to be in (IC were pasted over by Duck Hunt and Wolf isn't unlocked yet. Come on, you know he'll be a late game unlock, again.) I cannot, however, form a good argument for Lucas, as Ness is far from the multi-character franchises and Lucas was a starting character in Brawl. If we assume that the pic is at least based on the real deal, I can't even form an argument for Lucas. Or Snake, for that matter. And Squirtle and Ivysaur would kill the meta of the way the roster is set up.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

MegaStoneSmash91

Both pretty good songs, but I like the Tomodachi Life one a bit more. Keep those music samples coming, Sakurai!

Beep.
That is all.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0896-8068-4007 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

Crimzonlogic

UGXwolf wrote:

(IC were pasted over by Duck Hunt...)

What's your reasoning for this? I'm not arguing with it, I just want to know if this is just a hunch or if there is actually evidence that things were pasted over, because it's hard to tell to my eyes(but maybe I just missed it).

Currently playing: Smash Bros. 3DS, Xenoblade Chronicles, Alpha Sapphire.
Attempting to guide nephew through Skyward Sword. He keeps getting stuck.

Select one:
-Give me snacks.
-High-five me.
-Check out my Deviantart for dumb art: http://crimzonlogic.deviantart.c...

Tsuchinoko

UGXwolf wrote:

I just wanted to throw this out there because I thought of it while posting a comment elsewhere.

If we assume that the CSS is NOT 100% truthful (maybe modified; maybe fake; maybe it's a recreation of sorts), I can find an argument for both Ice Climbers and Wolf to be in (IC were pasted over by Duck Hunt and Wolf isn't unlocked yet. Come on, you know he'll be a late game unlock, again.) I cannot, however, form a good argument for Lucas, as Ness is far from the multi-character franchises and Lucas was a starting character in Brawl. If we assume that the pic is at least based on the real deal, I can't even form an argument for Lucas. Or Snake, for that matter. And Squirtle and Ivysaur would kill the meta of the way the roster is set up.

I can kinda see your poing. If cut, would Lucas be the first starter cut from a Smash game? And I guess there is still the possibility of DLC or updates. I don't think IC would specifically be cut for duck hunt.

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

Grumblevolcano

Tsuchinoko wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

I can kinda see your poing. If cut, would Lucas be the first starter cut from a Smash game? And I guess there is still the possibility of DLC or updates. I don't think IC would specifically be cut for duck hunt.

Ice Climbers was a starter in both Melee and Brawl so if cut, they would be in the same situation as if Lucas was cut. That said, the starter selections for Brawl weren't always the ones you'd expect (namely Ike instead of Marth and Lucas instead of Ness).

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Kewlan

Ridley is a stage boss, but when someone plays him Alfonzo takes over!

ಠ_ಠ
Waiting for ShadowforSSB4 to take me up to the heavens.

Favorite Game List:
1#: Lufia 2
2#: Terraria
3#: Team Fortress 2

3DS Friend Code: 3153-4099-8763 | Nintendo Network ID: Kewlan

Azooooz

When will Sakurai release his Famistu Weekly Smash Column?

Making promise is easy. The hard part is keeping it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3533-1743-6611 | 3DS Friend Code: 5069-3944-7877 | My Nintendo: azooooz | Nintendo Network ID: desert_king_Q8

Nintendo6400

UGXwolf wrote:

I'm still going by that the DHD is just a trophy the leaker photo shopped from the game. This leaker could just be another troll who likes to screw with smash fans. But I guess we don't have to wait much longer to find out.

3DS FC: 4854-6437-9458
Friend Safari: Fire- Growlith, Pyroar, Flechling

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic