Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 12,341 to 12,360 of 27,917

UGXwolf

Honestly, I'm taking this leak how I've taken just about every other one, thus far. It looks good, comparatively, but rather than picking out EVERY LITTLE THING THAT COULD MAKE IT FAKE (don't we recall people doing that with the Palutena leak?), why don't we look at it as a potential outcome and play with a bit of speculation?

Now, the odd-men-out here are clearly Duck Hunt and Bowser Jr, so if they're in the game, what do people think they'll do and play like? And for that matter, does DHD count as a villain? I'd like to think so.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Tsuchinoko

SockoMario wrote:

Tsuchinoko wrote:

SockoMario wrote:

Tsuchinoko wrote:

SockoMario wrote:

Tsuchinoko wrote:

SockoMario wrote:

Smashboards - Discussing and speculating the leak.

Nintendo Life - FAKE! FAKE! FAKE! NOT WORTH DISCUSSING!

Well then lets discuss. I'd like to think that overall we've been a civil bunch. Why do you think this is a genuine leak? And where's your source on the Nintendo rep?

My source is from Smashboards.

Neo Zero said:

"Incidentally, I heard from the Nintendo Rep and now have a direct line with him. He was shown the image and had two things to say

1) He remembers Doc was an alt skin. However, Doc was added in late like Lucina so that explains that

2) He said there's still more characters that should be there, some you would never expect."

That's not a legitimate source, anyone could register on smashboards and claim that.

What?

Neo Zero is a moderator and has been on Smashboards since 2012.

That doesn't mean anything though. I'm not trying to make an issue out of this, but you basically called us all out on our opinion on this leak. Take any course on debate or journalism or any non-fiction writing and the first thing you learn to ask is What's Your Source? Who is this Nintendo rep? Why would they comment on this leak, especially if its true? If they're commenting on information like this when its supposed to be kept secret, that rep and whoever leaked this information would be putting their jobs at risk. How did the smashboards mod know who to contact in order to get a statement like that? And why did the Nintendo rep reply with what is conveniently more cryptic information?

I wasn't really calling out anyone's opinion. It's just that the users in this thread are really hostile about this leak. And I can't answer the rest. All I know is that a mod on Smashboards said this, and I figured I would share it here.

That's fair, but in the world that we live in, when websites like Buzzfeed, Gawker, The Huffington Post, and news channels like Fox constantly get called out for reporting erroneous information, if you don't have a legitimate source then the information you give out can't be taken as credible. Hell I had a low level mod status on Nintendolife for a while when I was helping with Japanese translation for the site and I could have made up anything I wanted if I was bored enough.

And please, I've been on smashboards as well. Users on that site can argue up tons more than most people here. I like that site for some things but our conversation on this thread has been very friendly so far.

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

ZurrrrBlattTron

UGXwolf wrote:

Honestly, I'm taking this leak how I've taken just about every other one, thus far. It looks good, comparatively, but rather than picking out EVERY LITTLE THING THAT COULD MAKE IT FAKE (don't we recall people doing that with the Palutena leak?), why don't we look at it as a potential outcome and play with a bit of speculation?

Now, the odd-men-out here are clearly Duck Hunt and Bowser Jr, so if they're in the game, what do people think they'll do and play like? And for that matter, does DHD count as a villain? I'd like to think so.

well I think DHD is another team fighter, hence the birdy I think the bird might play as a part of his attacks which is awesome, As for BJR he's in his Lil copter thingy like Relax Alex pointed out so I'll say he has a moveset revolving around that

ZurrrrBlattTron

Twitter:

CapeSmash

Tsuchinoko wrote:

SockoMario wrote:

Tsuchinoko wrote:

SockoMario wrote:

Tsuchinoko wrote:

SockoMario wrote:

Tsuchinoko wrote:

SockoMario wrote:

Well then lets discuss. I'd like to think that overall we've been a civil bunch. Why do you think this is a genuine leak? And where's your source on the Nintendo rep?

Neo Zero said:

"Incidentally, I heard from the Nintendo Rep and now have a direct line with him. He was shown the image and had two things to say

1) He remembers Doc was an alt skin. However, Doc was added in late like Lucina so that explains that

2) He said there's still more characters that should be there, some you would never expect."

That's not a legitimate source, anyone could register on smashboards and claim that.

What?

That doesn't mean anything though. I'm not trying to make an issue out of this, but you basically called us all out on our opinion on this leak. Take any course on debate or journalism or any non-fiction writing and the first thing you learn to ask is What's Your Source? Who is this Nintendo rep? Why would they comment on this leak, especially if its true? If they're commenting on information like this when its supposed to be kept secret, that rep and whoever leaked this information would be putting their jobs at risk. How did the smashboards mod know who to contact in order to get a statement like that? And why did the Nintendo rep reply with what is conveniently more cryptic information?

I wasn't really calling out anyone's opinion. It's just that the users in this thread are really hostile about this leak. And I can't answer the rest. All I know is that a mod on Smashboards said this, and I figured I would share it here.

That's fair, but in the world that we live in, when websites like Buzzfeed, Gawker, The Huffington Post, and news channels like Fox constantly get called out for reporting erroneous information, if you don't have a legitimate source then the information you give out can't be taken as credible. Hell I had a low level mod status on Nintendolife for a while when I was helping with Japanese translation for the site and I could have made up anything I wanted if I was bored enough.

And please, I've been on smashboards as well. Users on that site can argue up tons more than most people here. I like that site for some things but our conversation on this thread has been very friendly so far.

I see. Now I'm just going to play the waiting game and see what happens.

Anyway, off to sleep, it's very late here.

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

Tsuchinoko

SockoMario wrote:

Tsuchinoko wrote:

SockoMario wrote:

Tsuchinoko wrote:

SockoMario wrote:

Tsuchinoko wrote:

SockoMario wrote:

Tsuchinoko wrote:

SockoMario wrote:

Neo Zero said:

What?

I see. Now I'm just going to play the waiting game and see what happens.

Anyway, off to sleep, it's very late here.

Good call. We should all do the same. And if its legit, and I have personal reasons why I hope it isn't, then at least most of the characters I wanted made it in. Good night.

Jazzer94

UGXwolf wrote:

The Palutena leak was fake though that never effected her chances of making it in though that is what you are missing, this is also fake doesn't mean Duck Hunt doesn't have a chance.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

CaviarMeths

I can't believe that discussion about how those incredibly, hilariously fake images might not actually be incredibly, hilariously fake. This isn't debatable. It's fake. If the people on Smashboards think there's something to discuss here, then I have a bridge to sell them.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

FlaygletheBagel

That would be a really satisfying roster if it were real. I like the totally out of left field Duck Hunt character, and obviously Shulk is someone I've been rooting for for a long time. That YouTube video makes it sound pretty convincing, but I'm not going to get my hopes up too much. Man, the anticipation is killing me.

Games I'm playing: Hotline Miami 2, Smash Wii U, GTA V, Dying Light, Resogun

Recently completed games: Hotline Miami, P.T., Shovel Knight

Games I want soon: Zelda U, The Witcher 3, Axiom Verge, Everyone's Gone to the Rapture

3DS Friend Code: 5429-7042-7857 | Nintendo Network ID: AmateurSalad8

Tsuchinoko

FlaygletheBagel wrote:

That would be a really satisfying roster if it were real. I like the totally out of left field Duck Hunt character, and obviously Shulk is someone I've been rooting for for a long time. That YouTube video makes it sound pretty convincing, but I'm not going to get my hopes up too much. Man, the anticipation is killing me.

As it is for us all. I still want my homeboy Lucas to make it in, but Ness coming back alone is better than no Mother reps at all.

ZurrrrBlattTron

I would love this roster if it real, Kid icarus uprising has so much that Dark Pit can easily be a unique character and not a clone, scary that he's near Dr Mario and Lucina but I still have hope he could work as a unique character, Lucas and Ice Climbers being DLC is weird, it works for someone like snake, but it's still weird and ROB AND CHORUS MEN YUS!, but yeah if this is it, totally satisfying Ssb4 3DS AND WII U are gonna be amazing and can be the best in the series

ZurrrrBlattTron

Twitter:

Inkling

Based on what I played, the select screens match up very well. I can see the Duck Hunt Dog and those screens of them on Yoshi's Island is even more interesting.

But what if Sakurai created the leak?

I will update this when Half Life 3 arrives. [Started 17/11/2015]

3DS Friend Code: 4768-7429-4970

2Sang

I think it's about a 50-50 right now. It LOOKS completely real with new models and no errors. Also, Brinstar was a stage and we just found out about it a few days ago. This means he either got REALLY lucky or its real.
What's throwing me off is the exclusion of ice climbers though. They were in both melee and brawl and were original characters and the only one in the franchise. I'll be very sad if they don't come back, although if the leak is true then at least we'll get them via dlc.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2sang/nintendo-pizza-scented-air-freshener-mach-pizza-ea
BACK MY PROJECT EVEN $1 HELPS!

Nintendo Network ID: DJ2Sang | Twitter:

Tsuchinoko

torotoid64 wrote:

I would love this roster if it real, Kid icarus uprising has so much that Dark Pit can easily be a unique character and not a clone, scary that he's near Dr Mario and Lucina but I still have hope he could work as a unique character, Lucas and Ice Climbers being DLC is weird, it works for someone like snake, but it's still weird and ROB AND CHORUS MEN YUS!, but yeah if this is it, totally satisfying Ssb4 3DS AND WII U are gonna be amazing and can be the best in the series

I didn't see Lucas and Ice Climbers being DLC. Where was that?

Peach64

Week 2 of the Smash Bros Sale

Untitled

Stealth launch of Fire Emblem GBA! So excited about this.

Edited on by Peach64

Peach64

Nintenjoe64

@Peach64 is this real? I've been waiting for a Fire Emblem game on Wii U for what seems like ages!

EDIT: yes it is.

Edited on by Nintenjoe64

I only posted this to get my avatar as the forum's thumbnail.

Tsuchinoko

CrimsonFire wrote:

I'm going to give the leak a 35% chance that It's real.

Hey if the DLC thing is real, then I'm in.

19Robb92

I personally look at every leak as fake until they become real. There no point in getting any hopes up based on a few renders we know nothing about, IMO.

It's still fun to speculate though. I think Bowser Jr. in his little helicopter could be a really cool character, boxing gloves and all. Would make for a neat character with a long range.
Untitled
But I always imagined him using the paintbrush from Super Mario: Sunshine as his main weapon. I always thought he looked pretty cool with that, but I guess the helicopter is more iconic and makes more sense if it were to happen.
Untitled

Looking forward to: No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

FlaygletheBagel

DestinyMan wrote:

The alleged stage select screen is what did it in for me.

I don't know if I'm misinterpreting it or not, but I'm pretty sure he mentioned in the video that the stage select screen was a separate leak he found on Smash Boards. At least that's what I got from it. Other than that though, you had a good argument for not trusting the leak. Wario's missing pupil is the biggest thing that bothers me from the screens.

Oh, and the character sale looks great, and I'm still floored that North America still has no sign of anything like this.

Games I'm playing: Hotline Miami 2, Smash Wii U, GTA V, Dying Light, Resogun

Recently completed games: Hotline Miami, P.T., Shovel Knight

Games I want soon: Zelda U, The Witcher 3, Axiom Verge, Everyone's Gone to the Rapture

3DS Friend Code: 5429-7042-7857 | Nintendo Network ID: AmateurSalad8

TuVictus

Well, good news is we only have to wait a couple more weeks for Japan to show us everything

TuVictus

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic