Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 12,361 to 12,380 of 27,917

Blast

DestinyMan wrote:

Personally, it would be lame if the Donkey Kong series gets no newcomers at all. The series has grown since Brawl, so I think it should have at least one more. However, if it's true that there were more characters than what the alleged leaked screen shows, then that still keeps it open to K. Rool, Dixie, or both.

And I didn't even notice the Ice Climbers were missing on that screen. That would be a true shame if they were cut, but if they were, then why is the polar bear still an enemy in Smash Run?

Ice Climbers being cut = more proof the 3DS version should've never been created because that's prolly the biggest reason if they would be cut.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

2Sang

DestinyMan wrote:

Personally, it would be lame if the Donkey Kong series gets no newcomers at all. The series has grown since Brawl, so I think it should have at least one more. However, if it's true that there were more characters than what the alleged leaked screen shows, then that still keeps it open to K. Rool, Dixie, or both.

And I didn't even notice the Ice Climbers were missing on that screen. That would be a true shame if they were cut, but if they were, then why is the polar bear still an enemy in Smash Run?

That's what makes me think the leak is 50% fake. That and I really doubt "chorus men" are the rhythm heaven character. I think it'll either be marshall, karate joe, or the wrestler. Someone who's more memorable/important.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2sang/nintendo-pizza-scented-air-freshener-mach-pizza-ea
BACK MY PROJECT EVEN $1 HELPS!

Nintendo Network ID: DJ2Sang | Twitter:

The_Ninja

Blast wrote:

DestinyMan wrote:

Ice Climbers being cut = more proof the 3DS version should've never been created because that's prolly the biggest reason if they would be cut.

They're not cut, dammit. Calm down. Look at when Sakurai said he had problems, it was a long time ago. Look at Rosalina and Luma.
Plus, they could always fix it by making the game not run in 3D when IC's are playing.

You know, the 3D in the game is cool and all, but I feel that developing the game without it would've been so much easier, and it would've been better too (better graphics, fully 60fps, maybe even anti aliasing etc.). The game still manages to look beautiful though, even with 3D implemented.

The_Ninja

3DS Friend Code: 1891-2599-4796

LzWinky

I doubt the 3DS version would have anything to do with it. Didn't one interview show that the roster was determined in the early stages?

Also, the 3DS version and Wii U version are pretty much being released back-to-back. Why would the 3DS version lead to cut content?

Edited on by LzWinky

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Tsuchinoko

DestinyMan wrote:

Apparently Lucas and Ice Climbers DLC

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

NintendoFan64

I'll admit, it looks rather good, but I don't believe in it. Ganondorf looks a little...off, I really don't think Doctor Mario would ever return, and as someone stated earlier, I don't think that the retro stages would just get thrown in with the regular stages. There are some ideas I think are interesting, like the Duck Hunt Dog, but I don't believe in this.

Edited on by NintendoFan64

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

Tsuchinoko

Sorry guys. At the age of 29 I'm an old fart. As a way of pushing the luck in my favor, I'm replaying Mother 2 and 3 before the release of Smash 4. Who knows, it might work...

FriedSquid

Tsuchinoko wrote:

Sorry guys. At the age of 29 I'm an old fart. As a way of pushing the luck in my favor, I'm replaying Mother 2 and 3 before the release of Smash 4. Who knows, it might work...

I think if you do this dance enough it could work.

Sav'aaq!
A Miiverse admin's first day on the job.
"Samus is under fire! She's sent an emergency directive! Join the fight!"
My Squidloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6168-7289 | Nintendo Network ID: captainsquid

Tsuchinoko

Squid wrote:

Tsuchinoko wrote:

Oh Salsa and Duster, I could never be that awesome.
I think if you do this dance enough it could work.

BTW I'm playing the Gigyas battle right now. It really is creepy.

Edited on by Tsuchinoko

NintendoFan64

Tsuchinoko wrote:

BTW I'm playing the Gigyas battle right now. It really is creepy.

Good luck.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

JunkosBoobies

Tsuchinoko wrote:

We still never got Mother 3 in the west...

(Well, technically I've played it, but through measures that cannot be talked about here)

But yeah, with Earthbound/Mother 2's anniversary in Japan approaching up fast, I really hope we get a Ness reveal next week...

Discord: JunkosBoobies#5379
Backloggery
MAL
DeviantArt
Avatar: Junko Enoshima (Danganronpa)

3DS Friend Code: 0447-7094-2346 | Nintendo Network ID: DeviousCrossing | Twitter:

Eel

Not that I think the leak is real... But...

Did the leaker even say if that was the complete roster?

Also, the fact that the shulk-guy is in a slightly similar position to a random screenshot of Little Mac seems like a really farfetched reason to call it fake. Again, I don't think it's real (until proven otherwise), but that one piece of "proof" is a little silly.

The fact that one of Wario's eyes has a really small pupil seems like a better one.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Tsuchinoko

NoUsernameHere wrote:

Tsuchinoko wrote:

We still never got Mother 3 in the west...

(Well, technically I've played it, but through measures that cannot be talked about here)

But yeah, with Earthbound/Mother 2's anniversary in Japan approaching up fast, I really hope we get a Ness reveal next week...

Hey, as a longtime owner of an actual copy of Mother 3, I fully support people owning the game...by whatever means that they can. It's an amazing game. I paid actual money for my copy, and it was worth every yen. Its one of my favorite games.

And come on, even people who haven't played it have to agree Porkys Theme is epic.

Edited on by Tsuchinoko

LzWinky

I've seen "leaks" like this before, and 99.999% of them were fake. I don't get why some post by someone is supposed to be considered a "legitimate source". I treat all leaks as fake, because most of them are fake.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Haxonberik

I didn't like the idea of DHD being a playable character on his own, but seeing him with the duck just screamed "Banjo-Kazooie" to me, which would be just an awesome substitute to get a similar moveset. Even if I won't believe this leak until a new character artwork matches perfectly, I really like the idea now.

www.convectiongames.com

Yoshi

@Morphbug

(In the 3DS Smash thread)

Formally called brewsky before becoming the lovable, adorable Yoshi.
Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

LzWinky

Obviously not fake. It has characters that are on everyone's wish list!

Yoshi

Morphbug wrote:

I already saw that

Then why is it a far-fetched reason to call it fake?

Formally called brewsky before becoming the lovable, adorable Yoshi.
Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

Eel

brewsky wrote:

Morphbug wrote:

I already saw that

Then why is it a far-fetched reason to call it fake?

(Friendly reminder that I don't even think this character will be playable)

Because outside of the way the head is turning and the similar emotionless mouth, they don't match up all that well.

You could line up Agitha's face in my avatar with theirs, and it would look similar.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic