Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 12,321 to 12,340 of 27,917

Uncle_Franklin

Erm, in his character selection screen, Bowser Jr. is coming out of a pipe.

EIDT: Or apparently a clown copter.

Edited on by Uncle_Franklin

Uncle_Franklin

19Robb92

Franklin wrote:

Erm, in his character selection screen, Bowser Jr. is coming out of a pipe.

It's probably the Clown-Copter if anything.

Looking forward to: No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

CapeSmash

I think an Nintendo employee confirmed that the leaked CSS is true. (I THINK)

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

DreamyViridi

I don't care how legitimate this looks. Unless it came from an official source, I ignore it. Also if that bottom-right row corner is for clones; why is Toon Link not there? And what's Bowser Jr. in? His Clown Car? All characters with their official art are by themselves, carrying their common weapon if there have one. In that regard, Bowser Jr.'s an odd one out.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

Tsuchinoko

No Lucas. Fake!

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

The_Ninja

The leak is dead. Check my post in the 3DS thread.

The_Ninja

3DS Friend Code: 1891-2599-4796

CapeSmash

The Nintendo rep has two things to say:

1) He remembers Dr Mario was an alt skin. However, Dr Mario was added in late like Lucina so that explains that.

2) He said there's still more characters that should be there, some you would never expect.

Smash Mains:

Jazzer94

When it looks so obviously fake is it really worth sharing?

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

CapeSmash

Smashboards - Discussing and speculating the leak.

Nintendo Life - FAKE! FAKE! FAKE! NOT WORTH DISCUSSING!

Smash Mains:

Tsuchinoko

SockoMario wrote:

Well then lets discuss. I'd like to think that overall we've been a civil bunch. Why do you think this is a genuine leak? And where's your source on the Nintendo rep?

The_Ninja

SockoMario wrote:

Why discuss something thats obviously fake? These leaks are not hard to make.
And who's that Nintendo rep you keep talking about? Source?

The_Ninja

3DS Friend Code: 1891-2599-4796

CapeSmash

Tsuchinoko wrote:

SockoMario wrote:

Well then lets discuss. I'd like to think that overall we've been a civil bunch. Why do you think this is a genuine leak? And where's your source on the Nintendo rep?

My source is from Smashboards.

Neo Zero said:

"Incidentally, I heard from the Nintendo Rep and now have a direct line with him. He was shown the image and had two things to say

1) He remembers Doc was an alt skin. However, Doc was added in late like Lucina so that explains that

2) He said there's still more characters that should be there, some you would never expect."

Smash Mains:

Tsuchinoko

SockoMario wrote:

Tsuchinoko wrote:

SockoMario wrote:

Neo Zero said:

"Incidentally, I heard from the Nintendo Rep and now have a direct line with him. He was shown the image and had two things to say

1) He remembers Doc was an alt skin. However, Doc was added in late like Lucina so that explains that

2) He said there's still more characters that should be there, some you would never expect."

That's not a legitimate source, anyone could register on smashboards and claim that.

CapeSmash

Tsuchinoko wrote:

SockoMario wrote:

Tsuchinoko wrote:

SockoMario wrote:

Neo Zero said:

That's not a legitimate source, anyone could register on smashboards and claim that.

What?

Neo Zero is a moderator and has been on Smashboards since 2012.

Smash Mains:

Jazzer94

SockoMario wrote:

Tsuchinoko wrote:

SockoMario wrote:

Neo Zero said:

I can't even take that as a remotely serious source.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

Cia

If it's a fake, it's the most well-made i've seen.

Cia

Tsuchinoko

SockoMario wrote:

Tsuchinoko wrote:

SockoMario wrote:

Tsuchinoko wrote:

SockoMario wrote:

Neo Zero said:

What?

That doesn't mean anything though. I'm not trying to make an issue out of this, but you basically called us all out on our opinion on this leak. Take any course on debate or journalism or any non-fiction writing and the first thing you learn to ask is What's Your Source? Who is this Nintendo rep? Why would they comment on this leak, especially if its true? If they're commenting on information like this when its supposed to be kept secret, that rep and whoever leaked this information would be putting their jobs at risk. How did the smashboards mod know who to contact in order to get a statement like that? And why did the Nintendo rep reply with what is conveniently more cryptic information?

Edited on by Tsuchinoko

ZurrrrBlattTron

Ice Climbers where are yoooooooou (big the cat voice)
ICE CLIMBERS!? DLC!? WAIT WHAT WHY!?
but in all seriousness I'm giving the leak a good 50/50 mainly cause you see Dark pit? Yes that's Bae so I want this to be real, AND DUCK HUNT!? I'LL TAKE IT!! Doctor Mario is also pretty snazzy, and bowser Jr is meh but I'll take him even if I feel Mario is getting a Lil overboard with reps
But most importantly
#MONADOMONDAY IS STILL HERE

Edited on by ZurrrrBlattTron

ZurrrrBlattTron

Twitter:

CapeSmash

Tsuchinoko wrote:

SockoMario wrote:

Tsuchinoko wrote:

SockoMario wrote:

Tsuchinoko wrote:

SockoMario wrote:

Neo Zero said:

What?

That doesn't mean anything though. I'm not trying to make an issue out of this, but you basically called us all out on our opinion on this leak. Take any course on debate or journalism or any non-fiction writing and the first thing you learn to ask is What's Your Source? Who is this Nintendo rep? Why would they comment on this leak, especially if its true? If they're commenting on information like this when its supposed to be kept secret, that rep and whoever leaked this information would be putting their jobs at risk. How did the smashboards mod know who to contact in order to get a statement like that? And why did the Nintendo rep reply with what is conveniently more cryptic information?

I wasn't really calling out anyone's opinion. It's just that the users in this thread are really hostile about this leak. And I can't answer the rest. All I know is that a mod on Smashboards said this, and I figured I would share it here.

Smash Mains:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic