Forums

Topic: Super Mario 3D World - OT

Posts 401 to 420 of 1,409

kkslider5552000

RR529 wrote:

By far the most interesting part of Gamexplain's analysis, is their take on the level that resembled the "3D challenge" rooms of 3D Land.

Saying that the Gamexplain guys couldn't find something more interesting than some interesting, unusual choices for the short bonus levels is a harsher putdown of the game than anything I could think of.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Snagrio

Also something else they mentioned that I found interesting is that the blue Toad isn't random. He is blue because the Toad in the original version of SMB2 was blue as well, which explains why the "definitive" Toad isn't used. Yet another hint that Wart might appear there in some shape or form.

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

19Robb92

Big-Daddy wrote:

Mickey wrote:

CM30 wrote:

Longforgotten wrote:

Hehe where did that baseball suddenly come from?

A Chargin' Chuck? They did throw them before:

Untitled

I don't know what you're talking about. That's a Koopa Football Player.

I think that's the name of them.

Nah, Charging Chucks are the ones that charge towards you. The one that throws a baseball is called Pitching Chuck.

Looking forward to: No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

Big_L91

Dev wrote:

Electricmastro wrote:

Big_L91 wrote:

hey guys, game explain posted his new analysis video today not alot of new stuff, but does point out some interesting takes on what we've already seen.

so check it out

So if Super Mario 3D World borrows many elements from Super Mario Bros. 2, do you think that the picking up mechanic will come back too? I hope they do bring that back, I think that they can get pretty creative with that.

It looks to me like it will.
Untitled

as dev pointed out theres clearly some form of picking up and throwing, but id say its more in line with NSMB where you can pick things and other players up but not in the same way as mario 2. not sure if youve been following DK country but there actually incorporating a picking stuff up mechanic just like mario 2's.

i do like the look of the throwing stuff in this game, it would be fun taking a few enemies out with a well placed baseball and passing balls between players looks really fun too.

kkslider5552000 wrote:

RR529 wrote:

By far the most interesting part of Gamexplain's analysis, is their take on the level that resembled the "3D challenge" rooms of 3D Land.

Saying that the Gamexplain guys couldn't find something more interesting than some interesting, unusual choices for the short bonus levels is a harsher putdown of the game than anything I could think of.

i wouldnt call it a put down there just not showing much off, they managed to make a 15 minute video from all the info so there was obviously a lot there, it just doesnt seem as interesting because most was known. if it was just the trailer i reckon he'd pick some more interesting points out, but due to the fact most of us have seen all of the four demo stages the wasnt alot left to suprise us with. the bonus level stuff was interesting and im sure they'll still have some card up there sleeve. this is EAD we're talking about.

Edited on by Big_L91

put it on.

CowLaunch

There are baseball guys in Yoshi's Island. Incidentally, Yoshi's Island was also influenced by Super Mario Bros. 2.

CowLaunch

Ketchupcat

CowLaunch wrote:

There are baseball guys in Yoshi's Island. Incidentally, Yoshi's Island was also influenced by Super Mario Bros. 2.

I really hope some Yoshi enemies return! That game is the shizzle. When I was little, I would always just play around with the Baseball Boys instead of killing them. Now that I think of it, is it possible that Yoshi will be in this game? After all, he wasn't in NSMB, but he was in NSMB Wii. Maybe with the Wii U's greater power?

My Colors! 3D Gallery: http://colorslive.com/author.php?id=98143
"You forgot your mayonnaise."-Squidward

3DS Friend Code: 4124-5371-3115 | Nintendo Network ID: keithmc2

MrWalkieTalkie

@Big-Daddy At first I was doubtful that Wart would be returning, but now all these little hints and references to Super Mario Bros. 2 that Nintendo has been giving us makes it seem more and more believable to me.

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Mr.WalkieTalkie
Nintendo Network ID: Mr.WalkieTalkie
3DS Friend Code: 4382-2073-7299

VOTE WONDER-RED FOR SMASH!!

DreamyViridi

Meh, I think the references are just that, a reference.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

FireMario887

The game is starting to look better and better..... Where's the unique gamepad usage, though? If a Metroid game comes out that uses AMAZING gamepad usage, but has worse reviews than the possible review for this, then I will be angry. TOO MUCH MARIO LITTLE EVERYTHING ELSE

FireMario887

Big_L91

i still think thats pretty cool though, stopping the rolling hills and stuff could be fun if they use it right.

put it on.

CM30

Varia01 wrote:

The game is starting to look better and better..... Where's the unique gamepad usage, though? If a Metroid game comes out that uses AMAZING gamepad usage, but has worse reviews than the possible review for this, then I will be angry. TOO MUCH MARIO LITTLE EVERYTHING ELSE

We don't need unique Gamepad usage. Games don't need to use console 'gimmicks' to be successful, and some of the best Mario games ever made were great because they didn't try and implement some hardware feature as their selling point.

Try out Gaming Reinvented, my new gaming forum and website!
Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!
My 3DS Friend Code: 4983-5165-4...

Twitter:

FireMario887

CM30 wrote:

Varia01 wrote:

We don't need unique Gamepad usage. Games don't need to use console 'gimmicks' to be successful, and some of the best Mario games ever made were great because they didn't try and implement some hardware feature as their selling point.

Oh yeah, very true.

FireMario887

kkslider5552000

CM30 wrote:

Varia01 wrote:

I tend to agree...but Nintendo has made so much money on console gimmicks the past decade that not using the console gimmick for its biggest games is really odd. Not necessarily bad, but certainly confusing.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Jani-Koblaney

Varia01 wrote:

CM30 wrote:

Varia01 wrote:

Oh yeah, very true.

All I expect them to do is the stuff they already showed off and maybe offscreen play..

Edited on by Jani-Koblaney

Never Gonna Give Mew Up!

3DS Friend Code: 1075-1253-2852 | Nintendo Network ID: NJanders

MrWalkieTalkie

MY NEWEST PREDICTION
The fact that we now have cat suits...
Untitled
...and now that there are mice as enemies...
Untitled
...and since this game holds various references to Super Mario Bros. 2....
I predict that Mouser will return as a boss.
Untitled
Im probably overthinking it but I can dream can't I?

Edited on by MrWalkieTalkie

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Mr.WalkieTalkie
Nintendo Network ID: Mr.WalkieTalkie
3DS Friend Code: 4382-2073-7299

VOTE WONDER-RED FOR SMASH!!

Happy_Mask

@walkntalk I think that's more speculation, unless you are convinced this could be the case. It could be interesting however, since SMB2 focused a bit more on going up than horizontally, and the 3d games do go in every direction, so both are far from the standard.

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.