Wii U Forum

Topic: Super Mario 3D World

Showing 401 to 420 of 1,629

AuthorMessage

DreamyViridi

401. Posted:

@Varia01 - I don't think shared lives are too bad of an idea but there is certainly a flaw to it. Multiplayer itself can't be bad persay. It won't be forced or anything. It might be inconvenient during the Sea Serpent level, for example; since everyone can control it but then, you'd just talk to your partners. I can't see any multiplayer problems that only this game will suffer. A lot of games with multiplayer share some issues.

Edited on by DreamyViridi

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Don't mind Dark Pit, he's just here to annoy the haters...
The Kid Icarus League's LuigiMan200 - Bio by True_Hero.
My YouTube Channel

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

402. Posted:

LuigiMan200 wrote:

@Varia01 - I don't think shared lives are too bad of an idea but there is certainly a flaw to it. Multiplayer itself can't be bad persay. It won't be forced or anything. It might be inconvenient during the Sea Serpent level, for example; since everyone can control it but then, you'd just talk to your partners. I can't see any multiplayer problems that only this game will suffer. A lot of games with multiplayer share some issues.

I don't know if any of you know this, but in this game when you have one person grab multiple power ups, like say if Mario is already in cat form and he grabbed an extra bell, that extra item will go into an inventory that other players can access whenever they want. I think that is a far better solution then the 2D Marios where you take the unneeded power up and it just disappears.

Biggest Pikmin fan on NL!

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

AuthorMessage

Mickey

403. Posted:

WingedFish wrote:

LuigiMan200 wrote:

I don't know if any of you know this, but in this game when you have one person grab multiple power ups, like say if Mario is already in cat form and he grabbed an extra bell, that extra item will go into an inventory that other players can access whenever they want. I think that is a far better solution then the 2D Marios where you take the unneeded power up and it just disappears.

Super Mario World wanted me to tell you that it said hi.

Formerly MickeyTheGreat and MickMick. Now I'm Mickey again!

The Mousekeloggery

Galaxy Bio (by Dark-Luigi!)

If we've gotten into an argument, it's okay. I'm probably not holding a grudge against you. Why? Because I like you!

Whoomp! There it is! -God, when he created the universe.

Nintendo Network ID: MickeyTheGreat | Twitter: TheMercuryMouse

AuthorMessage

Big_L91

404. Posted:

i dont really understand when people say they dont like the concept. any of the levels seen are very similar to the concept of galaxy. short, well built levels. i mean fair enough if you were expecting a hub world but if you liked galaxy the concept should seem cool. and i personally prefer flagpoles to stars in mario games :)

whoops didnt see the last page

Edited on by Big_L91

put it on.

AuthorMessage

WebHead

405. Posted:

Big_L91 wrote:

i dont really understand when people say they dont like the concept. any of the levels seen are very similar to the concept of galaxy. short, well built levels. i mean fair enough if you were expecting a hub world but if you liked galaxy the concept should seem cool. and i personally prefer flagpoles to stars in mario games :)

whoops didnt see the last page

These peeps are having too little faith in the Galaxy team lol.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

406. Posted:

Mickey wrote:

WingedFish wrote:

LuigiMan200 wrote:

Super Mario World wanted me to tell you that it said hi.

Yes, NSMB, NSMB2, and SM3DL did the same thing, but I mean item storage is new for a multiplayer main console Mario.

Biggest Pikmin fan on NL!

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

AuthorMessage

Varia01

407. Posted:

WingedFish wrote:

LuigiMan200 wrote:

After reading this, I now understand. I still hate shared lives though. I also hate how the camera is centrally focused on Mario; there's no freelancing.

Currently Playing: Metroid Prime 3, Zelda Twilight Princess, & Metroid Other M
Hyped for: Sonic Lost World, Super Smash Bros 3DS, & Dream Team

Even though I have beaten many of the games I'm still playing, I play them not to win, but to have fun.

AuthorMessage

Dark-Luigi

408. Posted:

What is everyone's thought on the cat suit? For me? It looks ok. I don't really like that you have to attack in a diagonal line...but whatever.

The Green Thunder Strikes Like Lightning!
My Intro. <- Made it myself!
My Bio. <- Created by True Hero!
The Luigiloggery <- Take a visit and leave a comment if you want.
"Don't expect mouth to mouth!" -Waluigi.
Super Mario awesomeness and here too. <- Glad to be a Mario fan.
Darkness is a thing I adore the most, it's in my blood.

3DS Friend Code: 0516-7864-0671 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkGreenThunder

AuthorMessage

Varia01

409. Posted:

@Big-Daddy: I hate how Mario's cat suit is gold and is not red. Luigi's should be gold; IT'S THE YEAR OF LUIGI.

Currently Playing: Metroid Prime 3, Zelda Twilight Princess, & Metroid Other M
Hyped for: Sonic Lost World, Super Smash Bros 3DS, & Dream Team

Even though I have beaten many of the games I'm still playing, I play them not to win, but to have fun.

AuthorMessage

Dark-Luigi

410. Posted:

I wonder what paper Mario would look like in a cat suit.
Untitled

The Green Thunder Strikes Like Lightning!
My Intro. <- Made it myself!
My Bio. <- Created by True Hero!
The Luigiloggery <- Take a visit and leave a comment if you want.
"Don't expect mouth to mouth!" -Waluigi.
Super Mario awesomeness and here too. <- Glad to be a Mario fan.
Darkness is a thing I adore the most, it's in my blood.

3DS Friend Code: 0516-7864-0671 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkGreenThunder

AuthorMessage

MrWalkieTalkie

411. Posted:

Yeah, I never understood why Mario is Yellow when wearing the Cat Suit. While Luigi is green, Peach is Pink and the Blue Toad is Blue. Would make more sense had they made Cat Mario with Red fur.

Edited on by MrWalkieTalkie

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Mr.WalkieTalkie
Nintendo Network ID: Mr.WalkieTalkie
3DS Friend Code: 4382-2073-7299

Chibi-Robo and Excitebiker for Smash!

AuthorMessage

WildMan

412. Posted:

I wish Mario would just go back to getting stars instead of just reaching a flag pole, as stars allow more variety in the levels. Also, I hate how linear the 3d Mario games have gotten..

Edited on by WildMan

Mmm Chicken

3DS Friend Code: 1075-1253-2852

AuthorMessage

CM30

413. Posted:

I dislike the linearity, but I don't care whether its stars or flagpoles that appear as the end goal in levels. Perhaps they could compromise and bring back the roulette cards from SMB 3 instead?

Also, 3D Mario games should really get rid of that timer.

Talk Nintendo, my Nintendo Forum!
Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!
My 3DS Friend Code: 4983-5165-4189

AuthorMessage

Big_L91

414. Posted:

hey guys, game explain posted his new analysis video today not alot of new stuff, but does point out some interesting takes on what we've already seen.

so check it out
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r35jIabpO2M

put it on.

AuthorMessage

Electricmastro

415. Posted:

Big_L91 wrote:

hey guys, game explain posted his new analysis video today not alot of new stuff, but does point out some interesting takes on what we've already seen.

so check it out

So if Super Mario 3D World borrows many elements from Super Mario Bros. 2, do you think that the picking up mechanic will come back too? I hope they do bring that back, I think that they can get pretty creative with that.

Backloggery. Now playing: Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Klonoa: Empire of Dreams, The Legendary Starfy, Pac-Man World, Rayman 2: The Great Escape, SteamWorld Dig and Wario Land 4.

3DS Friend Code: 0216-1196-2417 | Nintendo Network ID: Electricmastro

AuthorMessage

NintyMan

416. Posted:

Electricmastro wrote:

Big_L91 wrote:

so check it out

So if Super Mario 3D World borrows many elements from Super Mario Bros. 2, do you think that the picking up mechanic will come back too? I hope they do bring that back, I think that they can get pretty creative with that.

It looks to me like it will.
Untitled

Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan
Donkey Kong- King of the Jungle

3DS Friend Code: 2449-4663-7817 | Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan

AuthorMessage

Emaan

417. Posted:

It shows Peach and Mario throwing a snowball to one another in the trailer, but I'm not sure about picking things out of the ground a la Super Mario Bros. 2 style.

I believe in make believe~
[20:48] Emaan dances the pikpik emaan;
[20:48] Sensei_PikPik does the pikpik emaan
The Emaaloggery
✰ I'm not really here that often anymore ✰

3DS Friend Code: 0559-6948-0467 | Nintendo Network ID: Emaann

AuthorMessage

Spanjard

418. Posted:

Hehe where did that baseball suddenly come from?

Spanjard

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

AuthorMessage

CM30

419. Posted:

Longforgotten wrote:

A Chargin' Chuck? They did throw them before:

Untitled

Talk Nintendo, my Nintendo Forum!
Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!
My 3DS Friend Code: 4983-5165-4189

AuthorMessage

Mickey

420. Posted:

CM30 wrote:

Longforgotten wrote:

A Chargin' Chuck? They did throw them before:

Untitled

I don't know what you're talking about. That's a Koopa Football Player.

Formerly MickeyTheGreat and MickMick. Now I'm Mickey again!

The Mousekeloggery

Galaxy Bio (by Dark-Luigi!)

If we've gotten into an argument, it's okay. I'm probably not holding a grudge against you. Why? Because I like you!

Whoomp! There it is! -God, when he created the universe.

Nintendo Network ID: MickeyTheGreat | Twitter: TheMercuryMouse