Topic: Super Mario 3D World

Showing 421 to 440 of 1,631

AuthorMessage

Dark-Luigi

421. Posted:

Mickey wrote:

CM30 wrote:

Longforgotten wrote:

Hehe where did that baseball suddenly come from?

A Chargin' Chuck? They did throw them before:

Untitled

I don't know what you're talking about. That's a Koopa Football Player.

I think that's the name of them.

The Green Thunder Strikes Like Lightning!
My Intro. <- Made it myself!
My Bio. <- Created by True Hero!
The Luigiloggery <- Take a visit and leave a comment if you want.
"Don't expect mouth to mouth!" -Waluigi.
Super Mario awesomeness and here too. <- Glad to be a Mario fan.
Darkness is a thing I adore the most, it's in my blood.

3DS Friend Code: 0516-7864-0671 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkGreenThunder

AuthorMessage

Electricmastro

422. Posted:

Longforgotten wrote:

Possibly...

Untitled

Backloggery. Now playing: Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Golden Sun, Klonoa: Empire of Dreams, The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap, Pokemon HeartGold Version, Rayman 2: The Great Escape, and Super Mario Advance.

3DS Friend Code: 0216-1196-2417 | Nintendo Network ID: Electricmastro

AuthorMessage

RR529

423. Posted:

By far the most interesting part of Gamexplain's analysis, is their take on the level that resembled the "3D challenge" rooms of 3D Land.

For those that didn't catch the video, the Toad seen in that segment, is different than the blue Toad (he's red, has different character icon, and is wearing the same helmet the Toads in Galaxy wore). Furthermore, it appears that he can't run or jump, evidenced by the fact that every area of the little level can be reached by the various tunnels & ramps. It has 5 green stars to collect, instead of the normal 3 seen in normal levels, hinting that this may be a bonus stage, which requires you to manoeuvre around the obstacles by walking, to get all the green stars.

Currently Playing:

Quiz RPG: Legend of Mystic Wiz (AND)
Popcork! (AND)
B.B. Bear Danmaku (AND)

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

424. Posted:

RR529 wrote:

By far the most interesting part of Gamexplain's analysis, is their take on the level that resembled the "3D challenge" rooms of 3D Land.

Saying that the Gamexplain guys couldn't find something more interesting than some interesting, unusual choices for the short bonus levels is a harsher putdown of the game than anything I could think of.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

425. Posted:

Also something else they mentioned that I found interesting is that the blue Toad isn't random. He is blue because the Toad in the original version of SMB2 was blue as well, which explains why the "definitive" Toad isn't used. Yet another hint that Wart might appear there in some shape or form.

Biggest Pikmin fan on NL!

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

AuthorMessage

19Robb92

426. Posted:

Big-Daddy wrote:

Mickey wrote:

CM30 wrote:

Longforgotten wrote:

A Chargin' Chuck? They did throw them before:

Untitled

I don't know what you're talking about. That's a Koopa Football Player.

I think that's the name of them.

Nah, Charging Chucks are the ones that charge towards you. The one that throws a baseball is called Pitching Chuck.

Looking forward to: ZeldaU & Hyrule Warriors

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

AuthorMessage

Big_L91

427. Posted:

Dev wrote:

Electricmastro wrote:

Big_L91 wrote:

hey guys, game explain posted his new analysis video today not alot of new stuff, but does point out some interesting takes on what we've already seen.

so check it out
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r35jIabpO2M

So if Super Mario 3D World borrows many elements from Super Mario Bros. 2, do you think that the picking up mechanic will come back too? I hope they do bring that back, I think that they can get pretty creative with that.

It looks to me like it will.
Untitled

as dev pointed out theres clearly some form of picking up and throwing, but id say its more in line with NSMB where you can pick things and other players up but not in the same way as mario 2. not sure if youve been following DK country but there actually incorporating a picking stuff up mechanic just like mario 2's.

i do like the look of the throwing stuff in this game, it would be fun taking a few enemies out with a well placed baseball and passing balls between players looks really fun too.

kkslider5552000 wrote:

RR529 wrote:

Saying that the Gamexplain guys couldn't find something more interesting than some interesting, unusual choices for the short bonus levels is a harsher putdown of the game than anything I could think of.

i wouldnt call it a put down there just not showing much off, they managed to make a 15 minute video from all the info so there was obviously a lot there, it just doesnt seem as interesting because most was known. if it was just the trailer i reckon he'd pick some more interesting points out, but due to the fact most of us have seen all of the four demo stages the wasnt alot left to suprise us with. the bonus level stuff was interesting and im sure they'll still have some card up there sleeve. this is EAD we're talking about.

Edited on by Big_L91

put it on.

AuthorMessage

CowLaunch

428. Posted:

There are baseball guys in Yoshi's Island. Incidentally, Yoshi's Island was also influenced by Super Mario Bros. 2.

CowLaunch

AuthorMessage

Musterd

429. Posted:

CowLaunch wrote:

There are baseball guys in Yoshi's Island. Incidentally, Yoshi's Island was also influenced by Super Mario Bros. 2.

I really hope some Yoshi enemies return! That game is the shizzle. When I was little, I would always just play around with the Baseball Boys instead of killing them. Now that I think of it, is it possible that Yoshi will be in this game? After all, he wasn't in NSMB, but he was in NSMB Wii. Maybe with the Wii U's greater power?

My Colors! 3D Gallery: http://colorslive.com/author.php?id=98143
My Miiverse: https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/keithmc2
"You forgot your mayonnaise."-Squidward

3DS Friend Code: 4124-5371-3115

AuthorMessage

MrWalkieTalkie

430. Posted:

Those Arabian-style buildings in background remind me of Wart's castle.
Untitled
Untitled

Edited on by MrWalkieTalkie

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Mr.WalkieTalkie
Nintendo Network ID: Mr.WalkieTalkie
3DS Friend Code: 4382-2073-7299

Chibi-Robo and Excitebiker for Smash!

AuthorMessage

Dark-Luigi

431. Posted:

@MrWalkieTalkie GameXplain on YouTube mentioned that too. I really think that wart may have an odd connection to this game...even though it's highly doubtful he'll come.

Edited on by Dark-Luigi

The Green Thunder Strikes Like Lightning!
My Intro. <- Made it myself!
My Bio. <- Created by True Hero!
The Luigiloggery <- Take a visit and leave a comment if you want.
"Don't expect mouth to mouth!" -Waluigi.
Super Mario awesomeness and here too. <- Glad to be a Mario fan.
Darkness is a thing I adore the most, it's in my blood.

3DS Friend Code: 0516-7864-0671 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkGreenThunder

AuthorMessage

MrWalkieTalkie

432. Posted:

@Big-Daddy At first I was doubtful that Wart would be returning, but now all these little hints and references to Super Mario Bros. 2 that Nintendo has been giving us makes it seem more and more believable to me.

AuthorMessage

DreamyViridi

433. Posted:

Meh, I think the references are just that, a reference.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature (or Light for the holidays).
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
The Kid Icarus League's LuigiMan200 - Bio by True_Hero.
My YouTube Channel

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

AuthorMessage

NintyMan

434. Posted:

It would be really cool if Shy Guys were enemies in this game. They've never been enemies in the traditional Mario platforming games other than SMB2 and Yoshi's Island.

Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan
Donkey Kong- King of the Jungle

3DS Friend Code: 2449-4663-7817 | Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan

AuthorMessage

Varia01

435. Posted:

The game is starting to look better and better..... Where's the unique gamepad usage, though? If a Metroid game comes out that uses AMAZING gamepad usage, but has worse reviews than the possible review for this, then I will be angry. TOO MUCH MARIO LITTLE EVERYTHING ELSE

Currently Playing: Metroid Prime 3, Zelda Twilight Princess, & Metroid Other M
Hyped for: Sonic Lost World, Super Smash Bros 3DS, & Dream Team

Even though I have beaten many of the games I'm still playing, I play them not to win, but to have fun.

AuthorMessage

MrWalkieTalkie

436. Posted:

So far the only unique gamepad feature shown is being able to touch the screen and help find hidden secrets.

AuthorMessage

Big_L91

437. Posted:

i still think thats pretty cool though, stopping the rolling hills and stuff could be fun if they use it right.

put it on.

AuthorMessage

CM30

438. Posted:

Varia01 wrote:

The game is starting to look better and better..... Where's the unique gamepad usage, though? If a Metroid game comes out that uses AMAZING gamepad usage, but has worse reviews than the possible review for this, then I will be angry. TOO MUCH MARIO LITTLE EVERYTHING ELSE

We don't need unique Gamepad usage. Games don't need to use console 'gimmicks' to be successful, and some of the best Mario games ever made were great because they didn't try and implement some hardware feature as their selling point.

Talk Nintendo, my Nintendo Forum!
Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!
My 3DS Friend Code: 4983-5165-4189

AuthorMessage

Varia01

439. Posted:

CM30 wrote:

Varia01 wrote:

We don't need unique Gamepad usage. Games don't need to use console 'gimmicks' to be successful, and some of the best Mario games ever made were great because they didn't try and implement some hardware feature as their selling point.

Oh yeah, very true.

Currently Playing: Metroid Prime 3, Zelda Twilight Princess, & Metroid Other M
Hyped for: Sonic Lost World, Super Smash Bros 3DS, & Dream Team

Even though I have beaten many of the games I'm still playing, I play them not to win, but to have fun.

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

440. Posted:

CM30 wrote:

Varia01 wrote:

I tend to agree...but Nintendo has made so much money on console gimmicks the past decade that not using the console gimmick for its biggest games is really odd. Not necessarily bad, but certainly confusing.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!