Forums

Topic: Super Mario 3D World - OT

Posts 381 to 400 of 1,409

Mickey

WingedFish wrote:

LuigiMan200 wrote:

@Varia01 - I don't think shared lives are too bad of an idea but there is certainly a flaw to it. Multiplayer itself can't be bad persay. It won't be forced or anything. It might be inconvenient during the Sea Serpent level, for example; since everyone can control it but then, you'd just talk to your partners. I can't see any multiplayer problems that only this game will suffer. A lot of games with multiplayer share some issues.

I don't know if any of you know this, but in this game when you have one person grab multiple power ups, like say if Mario is already in cat form and he grabbed an extra bell, that extra item will go into an inventory that other players can access whenever they want. I think that is a far better solution then the 2D Marios where you take the unneeded power up and it just disappears.

Super Mario World wanted me to tell you that it said hi.

Formerly MickeyTheGreat and MickMick. Now I'm Mickey again!

The Mousekeloggery

Nintendo Network ID: MickeyTheGreat

Big_L91

i dont really understand when people say they dont like the concept. any of the levels seen are very similar to the concept of galaxy. short, well built levels. i mean fair enough if you were expecting a hub world but if you liked galaxy the concept should seem cool. and i personally prefer flagpoles to stars in mario games

whoops didnt see the last page

Edited on by Big_L91

put it on.

WebHead

Big_L91 wrote:

i dont really understand when people say they dont like the concept. any of the levels seen are very similar to the concept of galaxy. short, well built levels. i mean fair enough if you were expecting a hub world but if you liked galaxy the concept should seem cool. and i personally prefer flagpoles to stars in mario games

whoops didnt see the last page

These peeps are having too little faith in the Galaxy team lol.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

Snagrio

Mickey wrote:

WingedFish wrote:

LuigiMan200 wrote:

@Varia01 - I don't think shared lives are too bad of an idea but there is certainly a flaw to it. Multiplayer itself can't be bad persay. It won't be forced or anything. It might be inconvenient during the Sea Serpent level, for example; since everyone can control it but then, you'd just talk to your partners. I can't see any multiplayer problems that only this game will suffer. A lot of games with multiplayer share some issues.

I don't know if any of you know this, but in this game when you have one person grab multiple power ups, like say if Mario is already in cat form and he grabbed an extra bell, that extra item will go into an inventory that other players can access whenever they want. I think that is a far better solution then the 2D Marios where you take the unneeded power up and it just disappears.

Super Mario World wanted me to tell you that it said hi.

Yes, NSMB, NSMB2, and SM3DL did the same thing, but I mean item storage is new for a multiplayer main console Mario.

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

FireMario887

WingedFish wrote:

LuigiMan200 wrote:

After reading this, I now understand. I still hate shared lives though. I also hate how the camera is centrally focused on Mario; there's no freelancing.

FireMario887

FireMario887

@Big-Daddy: I hate how Mario's cat suit is gold and is not red. Luigi's should be gold; IT'S THE YEAR OF LUIGI.

FireMario887

MrWalkieTalkie

Yeah, I never understood why Mario is Yellow when wearing the Cat Suit. While Luigi is green, Peach is Pink and the Blue Toad is Blue. Would make more sense had they made Cat Mario with Red fur.

Edited on by MrWalkieTalkie

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Mr.WalkieTalkie
Nintendo Network ID: Mr.WalkieTalkie
3DS Friend Code: 4382-2073-7299

VOTE WONDER-RED FOR SMASH!!

Jani-Koblaney

I wish Mario would just go back to getting stars instead of just reaching a flag pole, as stars allow more variety in the levels. Also, I hate how linear the 3d Mario games have gotten..

Edited on by Jani-Koblaney

Never Gonna Give Mew Up!

3DS Friend Code: 1075-1253-2852 | Nintendo Network ID: NJanders

CM30

I dislike the linearity, but I don't care whether its stars or flagpoles that appear as the end goal in levels. Perhaps they could compromise and bring back the roulette cards from SMB 3 instead?

Also, 3D Mario games should really get rid of that timer.

Try out Gaming Reinvented, my new gaming forum and website!
Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!
My 3DS Friend Code: 4983-5165-4...

Twitter:

Big_L91

hey guys, game explain posted his new analysis video today not alot of new stuff, but does point out some interesting takes on what we've already seen.

so check it out

put it on.

Electricmastro

Big_L91 wrote:

hey guys, game explain posted his new analysis video today not alot of new stuff, but does point out some interesting takes on what we've already seen.

so check it out

So if Super Mario 3D World borrows many elements from Super Mario Bros. 2, do you think that the picking up mechanic will come back too? I hope they do bring that back, I think that they can get pretty creative with that.

Backloggery. Now playing: 3D Dot Game Heroes, Donkey Kong, EarthBound Beginnings, Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams, and Pac-Man Championship Edition DX+.

3DS Friend Code: 0216-1196-2417 | Nintendo Network ID: Electricmastro

e-love

It shows Peach and Mario throwing a snowball to one another in the trailer, but I'm not sure about picking things out of the ground a la Super Mario Bros. 2 style.

✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

JoyBoy

Hehe where did that baseball suddenly come from?

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

Mickey

CM30 wrote:

Longforgotten wrote:

A Chargin' Chuck? They did throw them before:

Untitled

I don't know what you're talking about. That's a Koopa Football Player.

Formerly MickeyTheGreat and MickMick. Now I'm Mickey again!

The Mousekeloggery

Nintendo Network ID: MickeyTheGreat

Electricmastro

Longforgotten wrote:

Possibly...

Untitled

Backloggery. Now playing: 3D Dot Game Heroes, Donkey Kong, EarthBound Beginnings, Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams, and Pac-Man Championship Edition DX+.

3DS Friend Code: 0216-1196-2417 | Nintendo Network ID: Electricmastro

RR529

By far the most interesting part of Gamexplain's analysis, is their take on the level that resembled the "3D challenge" rooms of 3D Land.

For those that didn't catch the video, the Toad seen in that segment, is different than the blue Toad (he's red, has different character icon, and is wearing the same helmet the Toads in Galaxy wore). Furthermore, it appears that he can't run or jump, evidenced by the fact that every area of the little level can be reached by the various tunnels & ramps. It has 5 green stars to collect, instead of the normal 3 seen in normal levels, hinting that this may be a bonus stage, which requires you to manoeuvre around the obstacles by walking, to get all the green stars.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.